The 4th Fall

Paradox of Love

I've been sighing after I ended the call with Yura.

She told me that Luhan backed out from the program and he said that he wanted to stay in Korea until he graduate.

What is wrong with him?! It's his chance to experience studying in a very prestigious Tokyo University! His head must have been wrecked by the soccer ball that he's playing right now.

I'm at the soccerfield, doing my project while waiting for Xiumin to finish practicing. He is my groupmate for a project and he told me that he'll help me once they finished practicing.

I'm pasting the boarder to the scrapbook when the other sticker flew because of the wind. I was about to stand to get it, but a guy caught it in his hands.

"It will all fly away. You should be doing that in the library."

He said and gathered all the stickers and put a stone above it.

"I'm just waiting for my groupmate. Thank you."

I said although I'm not sure if I really need to say that.

"Let me help you."

He sat beside me and grabbed the glue on my hand then he started decorating the scrapbook.

"Can we get rid of the flowers and put the animals instead?"

I just nodded at him as I felt uncomfortable sitting beside him. I don't even know him and he doesn't even know me but he acts so friendly.

"The practice is done!"

Xiumin shouted and ran towards me and his eyes widened when he looked at the guy beside him.

"Hyung, why are you making a girl wait?"

He said and stood up to give Xiumin a fist bump. All of the other players got in front of us and it made me feel awkward.

"What are you doing here Sehun?"

Luhan asked and glanced at me before looking back again at Sehun... Sehun is the name of this guy?

"I just passed by. You, why are you still here? You're supposed to go to my school right?"

All of them looked at Luhan and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Tokyo University doesn't sound nice to me. I actually want to be an exchange student somewhere else."

"You're really mean, hyung. You promised that we'll exchange schools."

Luhan sighed and passed the ball to Sehun.

"Promise is always followed by the word broken."



"You're really head over heels on Luhan, huh?"

Xiumin teased me after he answered all of my questions regarding Luhan and Sehun. They are brothers and Sehun is younger than me by a year. Sehun studied in Tokyo University and he is a top student that's why he was sent here as an exchange student.

"What are you talking about? I was just curious because they are so different."

"Ofcourse, because they're just half brothers. Luhan's mom is different from Sehun's mom. They are what you call, brothers-by-father."

I nodded and shut my mouth to stop myself from asking more questions. Sehun seems friendly while Luhan is the exact opposite... I suddenly remember the Luhan that I first met. Well, maybe he's just like that to me and I can see how friendly he is towards anyone beside me.

"We're done right? Do you want to keep it or do you want me to keep it for you?"

Xiumin asked after we finished our project. It's already 5:30 in the afternoon and the sun is nearing to set. Our class is over and we just stayed in the library to finish our project.

"I'll keep it so it won't bother you since you always bring your gymbag."

He smiled and thanked me before we head out.

"Do you want me to accompany you home?"

We're already out the campus when he asked me. I shook my head and told him that I'm fine.

He is such a gentleman not like... Why am I even comparing him with almost everyone? Aish! I don't like him anymore, alright.

"Oh! Hello!"

Sehun bowed and waved at me. He is wearing glasses which he was not wearing earlier. He removed it and smiled at me. I also smiled in return.

"Hello again. You're going home?"

I nodded although I find him weird and comforting at the same time. He suddenly grabbed my other bag and lifted it.

"You don't have to."

I said, trying to get my bag but he refused. He said that he can't stand seeing a girl lifting a lot of things so I just let him and I don't want to argue with him because he's kinda scary.

"Do you have a friend?"

He broke the silence that has been with us since we started walking. I glanced at him for a second and looked at the road again.

"She's in Tokyo right now. She's an exchange student."

He let out a gasp of amazement and he even clapped his hands.

"Nice!"

I didn't talk again after that and we arrived at the apartment where I'm staying without much talks.

"Is your brother there?"

I quickly looked at him and frown. Why did he know that I have a brother?

"What?"

I asked and he widened his eyes at me as he gave me my bag.

"I'm just guessing... But it seems like my guess is right by just looking at your reaction."

He laughed and I find it weird again. I find him weird in any angle. He is too nice to be true.

"He's working overseas. I'm only renting a space here. The owner of this house is a grandmother so eventhough I don't have my family with me, I don't feel lonely. She made me feel like she's my real grandmother."

Why am I even saying that to him? Err... Don't be too friendly. Remember that he is the brother of your enemy! And he is still a stranger, Seohyun!

"Since your friend and your brother are both out of the country, I can be your friend."

He showed me his hand and smiled at me. I awkwardly touched his hand and we shake hands.

"Oh! You're already home?"

"Oh, halmoni!"

I approached her and grabbed the plastic bags that she's holding. Halmoni is selling sewn scarfs and she just got home after buying materials.

"It seems like you have a visitor."

She said and Sehun quickly bowed to greet her.

"I just accompanied her home. I need to go, my parents must be looking for me."

He excused himself and waved at us. I thanked him before going inside with grandma.

"Who is that good looking boy?"

Halmoni asked as soon as we got inside. I first put down all my things before facing her.

"He's an exchange student. He is a junior."

She nodded and asked me what I want for dinner.

That's what I love about her, as I moved here she told me that I can pay after I graduate and got a job. She is truely an angel sent from above. She takes care of me like her real granddaughter. That's why I never believe that blood is thicker than water. I don't need to emphasize that, just by looking at my situation... I can only sigh.

"Earlier, a guy ordered 100 pieces of scarfs! I came home early to start making it!"

I gleefully head her way and grabbed the knife on her hand.

"I'll make dinner for us so you can start working on the scarfs. If I only know how to sew, I would be the one to do it for you."

She hugged me and ruffled my hair before she told me that I'm going to make a seaweed soup.

While I'm waiting for it to boil, I watched grandma and feel so happy just by seeing her smile. That guy is a blessing.

"Aigoo... Look at that smile."

I and she just laughed.

"I just feel happy that he chose to buy from me although there are huge shops in here."

I turned off the stove and agreed. I put everything on the table so we can eat before she can continue working.

"That person knows that hand sewn are better than machines."

I said while eating and she can't help but mock me, saying that even I, chose to buy branded clothes. She's right at some point though, but I only said that. I can't even buy a new dress at this moment.



"Good morni-"

I was shocked to see that she already finished the 100 scarfs! I checked it out and she really made all of it.

"Did you sleep, halmoni? How did you do this?"

She pinched my cheek and gave me the packed lunch she made.

"Ofcourse yes! I've already made 75 pieces before, I just added those."

She's really a superhuman! I hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"Aigoo... You should go now and give this to the person who ordered."

I nodded and somehow feel uneasy because I need to carry these going to school. But I can't say no to her.


I got infront of our school just like what halmoni said. She told me that she lost the paper where the name of the guy was written but she told him that she'll bring it today in front of the gate. He should show me a paper that she signed to prove that he's really the buyer.

I've been waiting here but no one is coming so I walked to the other side. I saw Luhan and I almost turn around but he might think that I still like him so I just continued on walking and was shocked when he blocked my way.

"What is that?"

I looked up to him and frown.

"Hm? Why do you care?"

I rolled my eyes and faced the other way because I'm trembling just by looking at him.

"Scarfs?"

He asked and I nodded, still not facing him.

"My father bought that. Here..."

I faced him and he showed me a piece of paper with halmoni's name and contact info.

"You made that?"

He's frowning as he asked that. Argh! Why? Will he cancel his father's order if I made this?! This robot!

"No! Halmoni made these. So if you're planning to cancel it, I hope your conscience will bug you. She was smiling from ear to ear while making these."

"I don't have the right to cancel it because I didn't buy it, it was my father so wait for him here. I still have classes to attend to."

He walked past me and I screamed his name but he didn't give me a single look. I almost cursed him but he's already out of sight. I also have classes!

"I hate you..."

I whispered to myself and sighed. He is a torture to my existence! I like him? Really?! Aish!!! Never imagined liking a monster!

I kicked a stone and it hit the wheel of a car that just parked in front of me. Aigoo!

A man who looks like he's on his mid-50s got out and looked at me. He looks rich. Will I spend my whole life in the prison after this?

"Excuse me, are those scarfs made by a grandma?"

I widened my eyes before nodding. Thank heavens, he didn't sue me or anything.

"Oh! Hello, Seohyun!"

I was shocked when Sehun got out from the same car and approached me.

"Here..." He gave me a check. "I'll give these to kids at an orphanage. I'm really thankful that your grandma wholeheartedly made all of these."

He has such a golden heart. No wonder Sehun is so kind, let's not mind his other son.

"Seohyun, right?" He asked and I nodded. "If you want, you can help us in giving the scarfs to the children. My son will accompany you."

I just nodded and thanked him before he go. His smile is so tender. I somehow wish to have a father like him.

_________________________________________

I don't know why a lot of people hate Uncontrollably Fond. Geez! I love it so much and I'm loving it day by day. The plot is not that cliche just like what knets are saying. Anyway, just sharing because I'm watching episode 3 as I update this! Back to my story...

What do you guys think? ♥