The 12th Fall

Paradox of Love

"I'll be waiting at the soccer field later." Changmin said before walking away.

"Omo! Who is that handsome human being?" Yura cornered me while giving me a teasing smile.

"He's Shim Changmin, my friend." I shrugged my shoulders before walking towards my seat and she followed me.

"Oh, a friend? You're doing well, Seohyun." She patted my back and even congratulated me. "I can smell something in him."

I frowned and looked at her. "Smell what?"

"I can smell potential in him. He can be your next crush. You are falling for kindness and that's what he's showing you." She wiggled and her eyebrows and I can't help but smile.

"I thought the same."

We both squealed and put our hands together.

"What's the noise all about, huh?" Xiumin interrupted us.

If he's here, of course the robot is also here.

"That's nothi-"

"Seohyun has a new crush! Shim Changmin, he's from the other class." Yura announced so I pinched her arm.

Aish! Is she really my bestfriend or what?

Xiumin laughed. "That's cool!" He said before going back to his seat.

I glared at Yura but she just pouted as she shrugged her shoulders.

"It's better that way so your brother will stop looking at you the same." She whispered which made me agree.
.
.
.
"I heard that you'll have your school festival next week. Your graduation is coming near." Mr. Oh said.

We're currently eating dinner. We've been quiet since we started but Mr. Oh broke the silence. They are always quiet whenever we eat, unlike when halmoni and I eat.

"Our class planned to make our room as a café." Luhan answered.

"I'm so happy that both of you will soon graduate." Mr. Oh said before looking at me. "It will also be a nice day to announce that you're my daughter."

I was dumbfounded when mom held my hand. "We're planning to change your name."

"It's alright if you don't want to. I just really want you to be our daughter, legally." Mr. Oh said while giving me a warm smile.

Luhan put down his utensils. "I think, it will be hard for her to-"

"It's fine with me. Oh Joo Hyun sounds nice." I told them, cutting Luhan's sentence.

That will help me a lot. Having the same name as him will really wake up my senses.


I rolled on my bed because I can't sleep. I don't know, but thinking about being legally an Oh is making me feel anxious.

I decided to just go out and breathe some fresh air on the terrace.

Luhan is my brother, I should not feel this way towards him. Just like what Yura said, it's a sin not just on the eyes of god but also on the eyes of everyone. Continuing my feelings for him is another form of self-destruction. I should avoid this before it eats me up.

"You should be sleeping."

I almost scream when Luhan suddenly talked and appeared behind me.

"Why do you care?" I rolled my eyes and just ignored him.

"Actually, I don't care." He said and sat on the chair. "Do you really want to change your name?"

I was shocked by his sudden question.

"I think, it's for the good." I whispered.

"What will your father feel about that? You are one evil daughter."

I gasped and rolled my eyes at him. "You're talking like you know everything! He left us, he's the first one who cut all ties between us." I crossed my arms.

He stood up and went near me. "Whatever, idiot." He said then put the hood of my jacket on my head before going inside.

Aish that prick!



We're inside the classroom listening to our class president talking about the up coming school festival.

"We should make this memorable since we're the seniors and we'll soon graduate." He reminded us before discussing about the café themed room that the girls suggested.

While they're busy talking, Yura suddenly poked my cheek. I faced her and asked why.

"You're spacing out. What happened in your house?" She whispered so that no one can hear.

"Mom and dad are planning to change my name." I also whispered and her eyes almost popped out.

"What did you say?" She came closer.

"I said it's fine with me." I bit my lip as she nodded. "There's nothing wrong with that, right?"

She frowned. "Don't you think it's unfair for your father? I'm not saying that it's wrong but it doesn't seem right either."

"I don't know where he is. He didn't leave any trace behind. All I know is he's overseas, that's all. And I think, he doesn't care about us anymore."

"What about you two? Park and Seo?"

We both looked at the front and saw our professor that was not here earlier. When did he get here? Aish!

"You seem like you have your own world there. Ms. Park, your father will hear about this." He cleared his throat before walking towards us. "As a punishment, the two of you will be assigned to gather customers for this class' cafe."

I want to complain but I'm too embarrassed to even breathe. I just nodded and Yura whispered a curse.

_____________________

♥ Evol