The 11th Fall

Paradox of Love

I wore my helmet before starting the engine of the scooter. Mr. Lee appeared in front of me while shaking his head.

"I'm really feeling uncomfortable while looking at you. Mr. Oh will be mad if he'll see his daughter riding a scooter to deliver pizza." He crossed his arms.

"You don't have to worry, Mr. Lee. I will not tell dad about this." I laughed and told him that I need to go.

The traffic light went red so I stopped and massaged my shoulder. My body is aching and my head is throbbing since I woke up this morning. Aish!

"Wow! Look at my sister, she's looking cool while riding a scooter."

I was startled when I saw Luhan inside a car. He put down the window while showing me his hand phone. He took a picture of me! What is he up to?!

"Yah! I don't have time to argue with you." I said before I start driving.

I was startled when he overtake and stopped his car in front of me. Fortunately, I immediately held on the breaks.

I gasped in surprise and got down the motorcycle to face him. He also got out from his car and crossed his arms when he's in front of me.

I slapped him. "Are you crazy?! Do you plan to kill me?" I hit him on his chest.

He grabbed my hand that's hitting him before he flicked my forehead. I yelled at him and he chuckled.

"I'll tell this to mom and dad." He threathened me.

I suddenly feel dizzy then before I know it, I dozed off.


"It's my fault Mr. Oh, I should've fired her so she won't get sick."

I heard Mr. Lee's voice so I opened my eyes. Mom is sitting on my bed while dad and Mr. Lee are standing in front of the door.

"Seohyun, are you alright?" Mom's question made everyone turn their attention to me.

"Don't blame Manager Lee about this. It's my fault for being too stubborn. He already told me to stop from working." I said when I realized that maybe dad called Mr. Lee because of me.

"Let's not blame anyone. If you want to continue working then it's fine as long as you take care of your health." Mr. Oh smiled and tapped Mr. Lee's shoulder. "Don't apologize, it's not your fault."

Mr. Oh walked towards me and massaged mom's shoulder. "You can stay here to take care of her. I'll just go with assistant Go."

Mom nodded so I sat up. "I'm alright, mom. You can leave and besides the maids are here to assist me." I assured them since they're really not believing.

After they left, the two maids didn't leave my room. It's making me uncomfortable because they're just looking at me, waiting for me to order them around.

"You don't have to treat me like a princess. I can manage myself. I can even cook and do the laundry." I told them and they both laugh.

"But you can't do it now since you're sick." The oldest maid told me and I've thought of a good idea.

"I'll cook for you. White pasta!"

I tied my hair before washing my hands. I then started cutting vegetables that are needed. I suddenly remembered halmoni. She taught me how to do this, she said that it's the most expensive dish that she can offer me since it's an italian food.

When I finished cooking, I called them and let them taste the pasta that I've cooked.

"You're really Madame Oh's daughter. She's also good at cooking too."

I blushed at their comments and we suddenly became quiet when Luhan appeared to get some water. He also grabbed an apple and began biting it before going out the kitchen.

"Uhmm... He is really weird." I started and they all asked me why. "I mean, he's so arrogant."

"He's just not lively like his brother but he's kind. You will get used to him in time, don't worry."

I'm really right! He's just rude to me. That robot! I'm still not forgiving him with what he did earlier.

"He is really rude to me. Not just rude but so rude! He always make me cry."

"Why would he make you cry?"

"Because I..." I let out an awkward laugh and scartched my head. He's rude to me because I liked him. Aish! That sounds so wrong.

He appeared again and the maids asked him to eat with us. I thought he'll reject but he sat beside me and he bagan eating the pasta that I've made.

"Are you already fine?" He asked so I frowned as I look at him.

"She's already fine, Luhan. She even cooked us pasta. What do you think? Is it good?" The maid told him so we all looked at him to hear his answer.

"It's fine. Thanks for the meal." He smiled before heading upstairs.

Just fine?! Aish! He almost ate everything! He acts nice when we're in front of other people so they will think that he is treating me well. He's really good at playing kind.

I head upstairs inside my room and sit down in front of the vanity mirror.

"I'm prettier than most girls in school but no one likes me. Why is life so cruel?" I pouted while looking at my reflection.

It's so funny. The guy that I like through out my life turned out to be my brother. Maybe that's the reason why I like him, because we have a special bond since we're siblings. I like him because we came from the same flesh. I should remind myself that everyday. I want to erase my feelings for him because liking him is close to .



I yawned as I enter the classroom. I didn't sleep well last night because of over thinking. Yura is already on her seat while talking with the other girls.

"Seohyun must be hurting so bad." I heard the girl whisper before going back to her original seat.

I nudged Yura. "I heard her. Why will I be hurt?" I asked and put my bag down.

"I really wanted to tell them that you won't get hurt because Luhan is your brother so it's just fine if he dates other girls. Am I right, miss Seohyun?" I know that she's mocking me with her last sentence.

"I don't care about him anymore but please don't tell them. Fighting with him is sickening." I rested my chin on my hand and played with my pen using the other hand.

"Luhan is courting Hara." Yura said which made me stop from spinning my pen. "See? You're still affected. Aren't you feeling disgusted? Luhan came out from your mother's womb, same as you. Girl, you should wake up. This is reality. The Luhan that you love is your brother."

I gulped and nodded. "I know that, Yura."


After class, I went to the rooftop to breathe in some fresh air. It's a windy day, indeed.

"Seohyun?" I turned and saw Changmin. He waved before jogging his way towards me.

"Your class is over?" I asked as he leaned his back on the railings.

"I'm sorry if I ruined your alone time." He said and I shook my head, saying that it's okay.

I looked at him and all the questions flodded my mind.

"What if you found out one day that the one you like so much is someone that is in the boundaries."

He suddenly became serious. "Give me an example of a boundary. Like, he's a criminal or a close relative."

"What if he's your sister? Your long lost sister. What will you do?"

"Hmm... That's the worst thing ever. I mean, how can that be? I would probably go crazy." He paused for awhile before continuing. "But I guess, the only way to deal with it is to focus on other things. I will avoid her eventhough we're inside the same roof, I will try to avoid her as much as I could. It's a sin to continue liking her."

He went closer so I was taken aback. He smiled and he touched my cheeks to stretch my lips up.

"Why are you so serious? What's that question all about?" He asked so I got back to my senses.

"That's just nothing. A friend of mine is asking for advise." I smiled when he told me that I should tell his advise to my friend.

"Tell me if my advise helped."

I nodded before going down with him. I stopped from walking when I saw Luhan with Hara and his friends.

"By the way, where do you live? I brought my bike with me, I can take you home." Changmin said so I faced him.

"That's a good idea."

That's right. Get me out of here. It's a sin to feel jealous. Anything that I feel for him is a sin.

______________________

Love ♥