The 10th Fall

Paradox of Love

I covered my face using my hands due to depression. I told Yura everything and she was left dumbfounded that she can't even speak.

"I didn't see that coming!"

At last she managed to say something. I looked at her and agreed.

"Don't tell me you still like Luhan?!"

"I don't know. I shouldn't like him."

I sighed and hit my head on my table. I shouted in pain and Yura slapped my back.

"Now that Sehun is gone, only the two of you will remain in that house. It will be really hard for you especially because you're so crazy for him."

She flicked my forehead and I can only sigh.

"Speaking of the monster..."

Yura whispered when Luhan and his friends entered the classroom. His friends are all laughing while he's the only one with a frowning face. Our eyes met so I immediately looked away.

"Aigoo... He's heading this way."

She whispered but before I can even do something, he called my name. I looked at him and all his friends got quiet.

"Follow me."

He commanded before going out. Yura grunted and rolled her eyes.

"What is that monster up to?" She then touched my hands. "Don't let him hurt you, alright? I'll kill him!"

I nodded before standing up to follow Luhan. I saw him leaning on the wall so I approached him. There are no people outside the hallway because classes are already starting.

"Yura knows?"

I frowned by his sudden question. He sighed before asking me a more specific version of his question.

"She's all I have that's why."

I answered and tried my best to avoid eye contact with him. It feels so wrong.

"Please tell her to shut about this. Nobody should know that we're related."

I averted my gaze from the floor to him. I wanted to ask him why. I wanted to shout at him and tell him that I'm not even planning to announce it to the whole world. It would be so embarrassing for me. Everyone knows that I confessed to him. That I'm the crazy girl that Luhan likes. They will puke to death if they'll find out that we're half siblings. I gulped and nodded.

"Alright, I'll tell her."

My mouth always contradicts my mind. At the end, I will always fold in front of him.

"We'll go home together later. Mom and dad will have guests and they want you to come."


Yura scolded me again after I told her what Luhan and I talked about earlier. She actually wanted to knock my head on the ground so I can have my senses back.

I'm waiting for my brother. Yeah, I should really get used to calling him that so having thoughts of liking him will leave my mind. But how can I even...if he's looking so attractive while playing soccer?! He looks so in love with this sport. Aigoo Seohyun! Stop with that way of thinking! It's Luhan we're talking about, Luhan your brother! Aish! I should stop talking to myself.

"Excuse me?"

I lazily turned my head to look at the guy who called me.

"Do you have time? Can you answer our survey regarding the use of gadgets inside the campus?"

He's cute. Can I like this guy instead? Aish! What am I even thinking?

I nodded and grabbed the pen and the paper to begin answering.

"You have a beautiful name."

He said when I gave him back the paper after I finished answering. I shyly smiled and thank him.

"I'm Changmin by the way."

He bowed so I did the same. I also told him my name although he already read it on the paper.

"See you next time."

I said and we waved at eachother. I can see potential in him. He can be my potential crush. At last, I'll move on from that robot guy!

"Yah! The car is already here."

Speaking of! I stood up and followed him. I made face before going inside the car. The driver greeted us so I greeted him in return while Luhan just ignored him. What a boy!

"Stop at the nearby convenience store. I need to buy an energy drink."

He is so bossy! The driver stopped when he saw a convenience store and Luhan got down. He didn't even ask if we want some! Aish, why am I even expecting?

"Do you want a drink?"

The driver asked and I smiled before saying that I'm not thirsty. I kinda feel like my face is so readable. He knew what's running on my mind.

"Did he fight with someone?"

He asked and I assumed he's talking about Luhan.

"I don't think so. He just played soccer with his friends, like the usual."

I asked him why and he told me that he looks irritated.

"He's not usually like that. He always ask if I also want a drink but this time, he didn't."

Maybe because I'm here? Well, he's always annoyed whenever I'm around.

I saw him going out from the store so I pretended that I'm asleep.

"Here."

I heard him and I guess he bought a drink for the driver. When the car started moving again, I slowly opened my eyes and I saw him looking at me.

"Stop pretending. Here."

I opened my eyes because I felt a cold bottle on my hands. I looked at him but he's busy with his phone. I just opened the bottle to drink since my throat is already dry.

I stopped from drinking and looked at the bottle. The taste is so familiar.

"Goguma juice."

I whispered to myself. Did he remember or he just picked this up randomly? I want to ask but asking is too much. Being inside this car with me can make him so annoyed, what more if we started talking?


The maids informed us that the guests are already inside, talking with mom and Mr. Oh... I mean dad. She also told us to change before facing the visitors.

I guess the green dress that Yura gave me will be nice to wear tonight.

I got down the stairs and the maids said that they're all at the kitchen, waiting for me. I smiled and thanked her before heading towards the noisy kitchen.

They all got quiet when they saw me.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lee, our daughter, Seohyun."

I was touched by Mr. Oh's introduction. I should really be comfortable to call him my dad.

"Seohyun?"

I looked up after I bowed to them and saw Mr. Junki in awe while looking at me.

"You know eachother?"

Mom asked. I smiled and nodded.

"I'm working at their pizza parlor as a..."

I bit my lip and travelled my eyes to scan all of their faces. They're all looking at me, waiting for me to continue what I was saying. Omo! How will I even say it? I awkardly laughed, waiting for something to fall, maybe a guardian angel?

"So, she's your lost daughter? If I only knew, I should've dragged her here."

Mr. Junki broke the silence so I took that opportunity to sit. I quickly get the glass to drink some water. My eyes landed at Luhan who is looking at Mr. Junki. He's like scanning Mr. Junki's whole being with that stare.

They are all talking about me so it made me feel uneasy. Glad that mom is not telling them that I hid from her so they didn't find me when Mr. Oh planned a search operation.

"So, you still plan to work? I can make you a manager if you want."

Mr. Junki whispered and it made me blush.

"I'm still planning to work. Don't make me a manager just because I'm the daughter of Mr. Oh, I really hate that kind of move."

I whispered back. He chuckled and agreed.

"Hyung, pass me the soup please."

Luhan interrupted so Junki passed him the bowl. But when Luhan is returning the bowl of soup, it accidentally poured into Junki.

I stood up to prevent my dress from getting stained. I glanced at Luhan and saw him smirked. Did he really smirk?

All of them panicked but Luhan just coolly grabbed his glass of wine before going out the kitchen so I followed him.

"Yah!"

I shouted and he stopped in front of the stairs.

"You should apologize to the guest."

I demanded and he faced me. He moved closer so I felt nervous.

"It's an accident and I'm not sorry."

He's too arrogant! If I can only... argh!

"Fool!"

I shouted and the maids all looked at me with a questioning look. I bit my lip and pretended that nothing happened before going upstairs.

I leaned on the door to calm myself. Everything is too much! That Luhan is so rude to me. Sehun, where are you? Come back and see what your brother is doing to your sister.

I was shocked when the door opened so I lost my balance and fall. I closed my eyes, expecting to land on the floor but I didn't. I opened my eyes again and saw Luhan's frowning face. He caught me.

"You fall so easily."

I stood up properly and apologized. I didn't know that this is his room.

"Why are you here? You should go down and talk with your visitor."

He crossed his arms and called the maid to give him snacks.

"My visitor? I didn't even invite them. You should be the one to go down there because you know them."

I won't lose tonight. Now that I'm so pissed at him, I will really win this. Please let me win just once.

He moved closer so I started to panic. When he's close enough, he touched my lips and wiped it using his thumb.

"I knew it. You're wearing make up." He rolled his eyes before shutting his door.

"Yah! What is it to you?!" I shouted and kicked the door of his room.

 

Everyone started doing rounds for our activity for today. Physical education. I really hate this subject.

"Yah Seo Ju Hyun! Are your feet glued on the grass?"

Our professor shouted so I kicked the soccer ball with full strength and it hit a person. Omo!

"Sorry!"

I shouted as I approached him and he smiled at me before giving back the ball. It's Changmin. The guy from last time.

"Be careful next time, you might hit someone who's not kind as I am."

He chuckled and I can't help but admire his smile. We both got interrupted by the cheers of everyone behind us. We both turned and saw Luhan doing some tricks with the ball.

"He's good."

Changmin whispered. He's not just good. He's my brother but why can't I have the same ability as him?

"Too boastful Oh Luhan!"

Everyone became quiet when a girl shouted. We all looked at her. It's her, the new student.

"But you can't deny that I'm so good at this."

Luhan said and winked at her which made everyone gasped.

"He's good at being boastful."

Changmin whispered and I agree whole heartedly.

"Buy me the caramel macchiato you promised last time, Hara."

He said and passed the ball to Xiumin. When he's in front of Hara, he glanced to his right and our eyes met.

What are you looking at? Don't worry I don't like you anymore. I mean, I will really stop from liking you.

_________________________

When your crush is being too unlikely but you still like him anyway... It's love. LOL I just realized it because I read a quote something like... if you still like someone after seeing their darkest side, it's love since you're willing to accept their imperfections.

Share the love. ♥