The 9th Fall

Paradox of Love

"So they have a sister? A half sister to be exact?"

I covered Yura's mouth because people might hear. I should've said this on a more private place, not here at the canteen.

"That's what I heard. Maybe Sehun already accepted the fact but Luhan is still negative about it."

I whispered and she nodded, saying that by judging Luhan, you can tell right away that he is bossy and arrogant.

"But on the other hand, Luhan must be having a hard time accepting her."

"Accepting what?"

Yura and I got frozen when Sehun appeared all of a sudden.

"Accepting the offer to transfer to Japan..."

We both sighed in relief when he just shrugged it off and casually sat beside me.

"I'll be going back to Tokyo next week. I want to have a party this Saturday before I go."

He looked at me and I nodded. I can't say no especially because he also accepted my invitation although my birthday celebration got cancelled.

"We'll celebrate in our house. Just an intimate dinner with my loved ones before I leave for Tokyo."

He got up after telling us that he needs to meet with the principal. After he left, Yura gave me a teasing look.

"Did he just confess to you?"

I grimaced at Yura and she just laughed. How can she say that?!

"Sehun is just my friend! And besides, he's younger! I'm not a pedo noona."

She laughed even more when I say that. I can only smile while shaking my head.

"Alright if you say so. But after that dinner and he confessed, you have to treat me!"

Aish! How can she sound so sure about that?! This girl is really something.


"Here! Try this!"

After class, Yura dragged me to shop for clothes that she said, I'll wear on the dinner that Sehun mentioned. She's also invited but she can't come because her dad was invited to a business meeting and her whole family needs to go.

I got out from the fitting area wearing the green dress that she chose for me.

"That looks perfect! We'll buy that."

She exclaimed so I stopped her and told her that I can't wear a dress just because I'm going in their house.

"Yura, it would be too much. Besides, it's just a dinner."

She grimaced at me but still bought the dress. She said that she bought the dress because it looks good on me but she's not telling me to wear it so I just agreed and let her.



I got to school early and heard that Sehun will not come to class today since he'll go back to Tokyo the day after tomorrow. And the dinner that he invited me to go to is going to happen this night.

"I bet that guy doesn't know that you're invited."

Yura whispered while eyeing Luhan on the other table with his friends.

We're inside the library for a library work. I'm busy writing while Yura is busy talking. Sometimes, she's too caught up in the moment. I can only sigh.

"That douche will be surprised especially if Sehun will introduce you to their parents."

"Sehun will introduce me to his parents as his friend and nothing more. Seriously? Why are you pushing that idea?"

She rolled her eyes at me before opening the book the she borrowed.

"You're too busy looking at Luhan that's why you tend to ignore other things."

I stopped from writing while she started writing. I looked at Luhan and he's busy laughing while doing his paper work. She frowned when he caught me looking.

I'm too busy looking at him while he's too busy looking away. I can even erase that smile from his precious face.

Yura said that she'll accompany me going to the Oh's residence and she will personally apologize to Sehun because she can't join the dinner.

"You're really right. I guess, wearing a dress here is too much for just a dinner."

I nodded at her as we got in front of Sehun's house. Yura quickly pressed the doorbell and Sehun welcomed us and invited us in. Yura didn't come in since she really need to go now.

"Make yourself comfortable, Seohyun. Mom and dad will be a little late since they attended a wedding of a friend."

I smiled and told him that it's okay since I'm not in a hurry. Will Luhan join? I shouldn't ask that! He might think that I'm too curious about his brother.

"Sehun, you can start eating. Your dad called and said that you shouldn't make your guests wait."

The maid said so I greeted her a good evening. Sehun asked me to go to the kitchen so I followed and I was so surprised to see their long table full of food.

"Guests? Does that mean, we're waiting for more people?"

I asked as soon as he let me sit. I'm kinda uncomfortable because it feels too elegant and elegance is far from my name.

"I just told them that so they'll think that I made a lot of friends on my stay here."

He laughed so I also laughed. He's really a kid.

"Sehun, where are your guests? Will they still come?"

I got frozen on my chair as I heard Luhan's voice. I stood up to greet him. I don't want to look disrespectful. This is their house, I should remember that.

"Why is she here?"

I bit my lip to control myself. I don't want to shout at him here. There are maids that might hear me.

"Hyung, can you be nice? She's my guest."

Sehun went in front of me but I wad shocked when Luhan grabbed my arm and pulled me.

"You shouldn't be here."

He sounds like he is panicking but I don't know why. Sehun pulled my other arm.

"Hyung! Stop it!"

He shouted. Luhan removed his hands from my arm and stepped in front of me to face Sehun. He's still holding me arm.

"What the hell are you thinking, Sehun?! I'm pulling her out of this!"

He shouted before dragging me with him. Sehun followed us and is trying to stop him but he's just pushing him.

This feeling. This is the exact feeling I felt when my parents divorced. The exact beating of my heart when mom left us. The exact tears I cried when Sungmin oppa left me all alone. Rejection is indeed running inside my veins.

I removed his grip on me and pushed him by his chest.

"Stop!" I shouted as tears began falling from my eyes. "I will go. You don't need to push me away."

I opened the door and stopped right away when I saw Mr. Oh. I frowned when I saw mom clinging her arm on Mr. Oh's arm.

"No one will go."

Mr. Oh said before closing the door. Mom immediately removed her arm from him and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Mom, dad... Tell her the truth."

Sehun said. My eyes keep on moving from Mr. Oh to mom like waiting for something to hit me.

"Let's talk inside. Shall we?"

I nodded. I agreed because I want to know. After this, I'll go.

Mr. Oh explained to me how he met my mom. He said that he didn't know that she has children. He knew when mom withdraw money from the bank and he followed her then he saw her with me. They fought after he knew. He told me that he asked mom to take me here to live with them but they didn't find me. That's because I hide from mom.

"Seohyun, I've been fixing your papers so you can live with us here. I've been sending people to help you and to make sure that you're always safe. I've been wanting to have a daughter. I've been wanting to take you but the grandma asked me to let you stay. She asked me that she'll be the one to tell you."

He also told me that he's the one paying for my tuition fees and he's always buying scarfs from grandma to make sure that I'm having a normal and decent life. She gave grandma a chance because she confessed that she had cancer and it's already at the 4th stage so he let her wish come true by letting me stay with her until her last breath.

I wiped my unending tears as he finished explaining. Sehun offered a tissue which I gladly accepted.

Mr. Oh is such a great man but mom... How can she hide us? How can she pretend that she's single? Mr. Oh is such a good man for still accepting her.

"Will you stay with us?"

Mr. Oh asked. I glanced at Sehun and he's giving me a reassuring smile. I also glanced at Luhan but he's looking at his untouched food. I looked at mom and she's stll crying.

"I honestly don't know."

That's the truth! All the revelations are too much to take in! I can't decipher everything yet.

"For this evening you can stay since it's already late. You already have a room here."

I was shocked after hearing that. I'm going to have my family? I can't believe this!



I wore the pajama that the maids lend me. I still can't sleep yet so I got out of my room to entertain myself.

I passed by the stairs and saw Luhan sitting while holding a notebook.

"Now I know why you're like that to me."

He looked at me with wide eyes then it turn into a frown. I realized that I made him shocked!

"I'm sorry if you're thinking that mom stole your father from your mom. Sorry for liking you. Thank you for still looking at me as your sister since you rejected my confessions." I showed him my hand and smiled at him. "Let's be good to eachother from now on, Luhan-oppa."

He went near me before walking away.

"You don't know anything so stop acting too friendly."

He said so I faced him. It's already dark but his eyes serves as a light. It's like the stars that are twinkling at the night sky.

"I guess, you'll forever reject me."

I whispered as tears escaped my eyes. I hope he won't know that I'm crying. It's already dark, he won't see.

"How many falls do you need to experience before you realize that you're not supposed to like me?"

His whisper is very different than mine. His words are fully spoken while mine is almost not audible.

I shake my head because I can't talk. If I open my mouth, I'll eventually sob and he will find out that I'm crying.

I shook my head because I don't know the answer to his question. I don't know if this fall will make me stop. Now that we both know the truth, this is bad. Having feelings for him is bad. We're siblings and siblings don't talk about these kinds of things.

________________________

Last update for this day! Comments are loved! ♥