fight that never ends

The Innocent Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The cold weather had greeted her face on that early morning. The white curtain flew softly, danced to the rhythmic of wind. The windows panel slightly open, letting an air oozing in and out of her room. The minty scent could be smell, produced by the small peppermint in a small pot, near to the window. The sky screened the bluish pale lights on it, like a painting on a canvas. And there she was, slightly moved her fingers and her eyes fluttered open, heard the birds chirped cutely. Her comfy, soft mattress and pillows like a white cloud around her when she opened her eyes and scanned the surrounding.  Her eyes felt so heavy, like someone put a stone on her eyelids.

 

“Joohan?” she called out her son’s name, but there’s no one answer her. “Joohan-ah...” she called out once again, this time, a little louder. But still, the silence answered her.

 

She tried to get up, as she massaged her temple. She’s having a light headache. “Joohan-ah... where are you?” her voice croaked, due to her shouting last night. She checked over her cell phone, there were so many messages, as well as missed calls from Kris, Jessica, Sehun and anonymous. He sent the most messages, and mostly his messages were ‘Joohyun.....’ and she knew it right away who it was.

 

“My baby!” she frantically jumped down off her bed to her bathroom, remembering about her son with whom last night. She took a quick bath and dressed simply; a loose short-sleeve cotton T, a pair of jeans as well as her hair tied up in messy bun.

 

She went to the basement and thanks God her car still there. She started off the engine and it roared, coming alive. She drove carefully, out of the residence after bidding goodbye to the guard. She took out her cell phone and called for someone.

 

“Oppa! Where are you?” she heard a loud grunted from the other line.

 

“I’m at my house, Seohyun. What is wrong with you? God, it’s still early.” Xiumin sleepily answered her and she let out a sigh relief. “Thank God, Oppa you’re safe... I’m sorry because I didn’t ask you to bring my car to your house. Sorry for troubling you, Oppa.” Her voice sounded apologetically. But Xiumin only laughed it off.

 

“It’s okay. I’m a man. Where are you now?”

 

“I’m on my way to unnie house. I have to get back my baby. See ya’ later!” Then she hung up her phone and focus on her driving, just before Xiumin say anything. Actually, she doesn’t want anyone involve in her problem, let her solve it by herself.

 

As soon as she arrived there, she spotted a black sedan was parked there, obviously not Kris’ car. Her heart once again thumped wildly, like a drummer drummed to the heavy metal beat. She took a deep breath and courage to enter the house, and faced him.

She could hear giggled, chuckled and a cute voice talked when she’s about to enter the dining hall. She quickly recognized who it was because it’s none other than her son’s voice. Jessica, Kris and him were laughing at Joohan’s cute antic while she’s standing by the door frame.

 

“Omma!” Joohan exclaimed, making the other three adults looked at her way. Her expression was blank. Luhan were smiling widely beside Joohan, while feeding him some cereal. Joohan too, was smiling and hugged his father warmly.

 

“Seohyun-ah...” Jessica called her but she went straightly towards Joohan and slapped away the spoon that in Luhan’s gripped. The spoon darted off from his hand and landed on the white marble floor, with some milk spilled everywhere. “Omma!” Joohan shrieked while Luhan widened his eyes.

 

“Seo Juhyun!” Kris almost raised his voice, shocked with her strange behaviour. But she didn’t flinch at all, only her chest goes up and down rapidly with air flaring out from her nostrils. “Let’s go Joohan.” She grabbed Joo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter