i like you...

The Innocent Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Gong gong!” Joohan chiding his grandpa’s nickname cheerfully and in flash, he’s running towards the old man, catching his legs in the process. Mr. Lu giving the child his usual warm smile while ruffles his smooth hair. The two walking away from the elevator to a main lobby with few people trail right behind Mr. Lu. It seems like they are important persons, maybe Mr. Lu’s acquaintance or partners. Kris once again feels like hell is now right above his head, raging with the heat and damned cursing words on him. He’s dragging his heavy long legs towards the two; grandpa and grandson.

 

 

Damn it. God, please make all of this just a dream

 

He’s painfully and desperately asking for God’s blessing because he is still not ready to face the old man’s wrath by bringing his only grandson to his place.

He able to catch up the conversation between the two and eavesdrops on how happy the old man was, because got to see his grandchild. Well, Mr. Lu has to ask the mother why she does not want bring her son to meet them, not putting the blame on him.

 

“What are you doing here, Xiao Joo? Gong gong missing Xiao Joo so much...” Mr. Lu hugs the petite boy, as well as patting his back softly, just like what he always did to him whenever they meet. And Joohan too, welcoming the old man into his embrace and hugs him back.

 

“Joohan follows Kris Appa. Joohan miss gong gong too, this much.” He’s trying to express his big emotion by widening his small and short arms, up on the air, earning chuckle from Mr. Lu and the others. Kris on the other side broke into a smile because of his act.

 

“Gong gong can see how many Xiao Joo miss gong gong. Popo also miss Xiao Joo this much.” Mr. Lu taking a turn to widen his arms, making the lad amazes by it. “Uwaaaaa! So many! Joohan miss popo too, manhi, manhi, manhi, manhi!” Joohan does not want to be defeated by his grandpa too and he’s widening his arm up, and then jumping and jumping, making the old Lu bursting into a big laugh, being main attraction of the employees who’s walking passing them. Kris only laughing at Joohan’s cuteness while shaking his head, not believing that the cute boy can melts the heart of the old Lu. No wonder why he wants Joohan recognise him and his wife as Joohan’s grandparents.

 

“Mr. Lu, I’m sorry, but we have-”      “Arasseo, arasseo... Gong gong is losing to Xiao Joo,” he’s cutting one of his worker’s words because that man is interfering his gold time with his grandson. “Xiao Joo, later ask your Mama to come and visit gong gong and popo, often, not sometimes. Arasseo?” Mr. Lu placing his palms on Joohan’ shoulder, asking him to relay his message to Seohyun. Kris walks towards Joohan and standing by his side by the time Mr. Lu is hugging him dearly.

 

“Gong gong have many work to do, Xiao Joo... We will meet again. Okay? Bye bye.” He’s waving his hands towards Joohan who is starts to pout his lips because his grandpa cannot play with him anymore. “And you Mr. Wu, meet me by this evening.” He’s looking at Kris’ direction sternly, without any warm look displaying in his wrinkles orbs or smiles. Kris only nods his head in disheartened. He can see his future ahead of him.

 

 “Bye bye gong gong!” Joohan still waving his hands until his grandpa pose from his sight. Kris sighs heavily, at his bad luck by acting so leisurely by bringing Joohan to his workplace even for a while. He’s placing his hand on Joohan’s shoulder while his other hand fishing out his phone from his pocket and dialling someone.

 

 

 

“Man! I have to go, I do some errands to do.” Xiumin quickly standing up from his seat and adjusts his hoodie. Luhan who just sips his bubble tea almost spills it because of sudden action from Xiumin. “I thought you want to wait for our giant hyung?” Luhan looking at him innocently and continues to his bubble tea.

 

“N-no, I don’t think so. Sorry Lu.” With that, Xiumin leaving Luhan alone who still dumbfounds, looking Xiumin walks away while his mouth busily the tip of the straw. “Let’s go Chen.” Luhan carefully wiping the table and throws away all the plastic and paper cups that they used just now. Then, both of the men walk towards the main lobby of the building, to go back to their office.

 

But, there are some certain thing that Luhan shall not see, has seen.

 

 

 

 

“Kris said that he’s already asking Xiumin to bring Joohan’s home. They unexpectedly met someone just now. Tch Tch, clumsy Kris.” Jessica commenting at her husband’s behaviour after read out loud the message that her husband sent to her. Seohyun suddenly feels her heart is racing as her forehead begins to produce sweats. “S-someone?” Her audible voice still can be hear by Jessica who nods her head abruptly after hear her question.

 

“Seohyun-ah, sooner or later, he will know about him. It’s only the matter of time. And you cannot hide that fact.” Jessica softly advises her younger friend, whom she understand the most about her fear.  “You cannot break that bond Seohyunnie. What we call that, red... string... Aha! Red string! But this is between your son and his father. His true father, you have to accept it.” She’s continues once again, making the latter only shaking her head softly, she does not want Luhan to know about Joohan. Joohan and her already happy without a man called father. She’s able to provide everything to Joohan. Luhan does not bring any significance to their little family. Yes, Luhan is insignificant towards them.

 

“I-I don’t know, unnie. After all these years, I’m unable to face him. I-I mean, Joohan is happy now! Right?” She’s too, uncertain with what she says. She didn’t know. She’s confused. “He’s already have Chorong.” She speaks at her lowest voice, almost whispers to herself, and she didn’t know why it brings tears to her eyes.

 

She’s biting her lower lips and gulping down her saliva, wetting as well as clearing her mind. She’s trying to smile. “Unnie! What will we eat for our dinner tonight? I can’t wait!” Seohyun expresses her excitement through her voice, over the older woman’s anniversary tonight. So, the couple must want to celebrate it and of course they will throw a big feast, just like before! Jessica’s able to sense that Seohyun is not in her very best mood and clearly she is trying hard right now.

 

Jessica’s face enlighten at her question as her mind starting to work out, thinking about the best dishes for tonight. She and Kris planned to make a small feast, by inviting their close friend-like-family only consists of Xiumin, Seohyun and Joohan. As always and like any other occasions, they are celebrating by themselves.  Sometimes, Oh Sehun will be joining them, only if it was Seohyun who became the host. Other than that, no.

 

“Seohyunnie, should we invite Sehun too? You know, you and him-”    “Unnie, don’t... Please, just us. I’m sorry, this is your event, but please. Give me a space.” Seohyun cut her words as the older woman only nodding her head, does not know the reason why Seohyun acting like that. She did not understand or know what has happen between the two. Besides, after that dinner, the younger woman tends to be more silent and secretive, like she is hiding something from all of them. Sometimes, she will be pondering by herself, lost in her thought.

 

“Seohyun-ah.” The blonde woman calling for the younger woman, making she stops from doing her work. “Do you have any problem with him? Or anything that you hid from us? You know, we always here, Seohyun-ah.” Jessica says as she’s scooting closer to where the younger woman stood.

 

“No-nothing unnie. Really. I am fine, we are fine.” Seohyun resuming her work that she left once ago when the older latter popping her head out of nowhere.  “Are you sure? Tell me when you’re ready. Okay? After lunch, let’s shopping for groceries. Okay?” She’s gripping Seohyun shoulders and squeezing it, trying to give the younger woman some strength. “Arasseo unnie! Have you think about the menu tonight? I meant, it must be special for you and Kris Oppa!” Jessica scrunching her nose and suddenly pouting her lips, throwing a cold look to Seohyun.

 

“For me and Kris OR for you and Joohan, huh? I know that both of you are big eater!” Jessica ruffling her hair and mixing it up before leave her laughing by herself. Even she does not own a biological older sister, but after Jessica married to Kris, she feels that Jessica is her own sister. She is funny, loving, caring but somehow she’s cold and foul-mouthed but that’s what make she loves Kris’ wife!

 

Seohyun quickly finishing up her work so that she can do other work before the two of them close the shops and go home, earlier than usual to celebrate KrisSica’s big day. She feels happy for them even she’s not having one. Her happiness is only her son, yeah, her son.

 

 

 

Kris pinches his nose bridge while leaning again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter