i'm so dead!

The Innocent Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Hey, good morning, young man.” The old Lu greets his son as soon as he’s seeing the young Lu stepping into the dine hall casually, together with his briefcase. “Morning Papa, Mama.” He’s placing his briefcase onto the empty seat beside him. His mother can smiles in happiness because her family complete now, with her only son has came back to their little family. No – uh, if little Joohan and Seohyun are here, that is the real definition of a complete family.

She’s sighing softly when the matters about Joohan and Seohyun floating across her mind. That young woman is so stubborn in hiding the fact about their child from Luhan. Besides, she does not want them to put Joohan’s name in the Lu’s family registry. “Have you met Seohyun, dear?”

Mrs. Lu asks softly the young Lu who is busy stuffing a toast inside his mouth. He’s closing his mouth and chewing the bread carefully before nods his head. “Yeah. But, she does not want to see me, no, she hates me, Ma.” He’s stating the fact in his mournful voice as Mrs. Lu also looking at him with her sad expression. Nothing she can do in order to help her son reconcile with Seohyun. Then, she turns to look at her husband who is busily reading the newspaper. But little did she know that her husband actually wants to know about it too, but... She’s slowly touching her husband’s arm and squeezing it.

“I don’t know that the thing I had done bring such an impact towards her. I’m at fault, I’m a bad guy, I’m a worse person, Ma! I-I just want to meet her and clear things off between us. But, but why did she’s trying so hard to avoid me? I’m really, really regret with what I had done before...” Now, he’s no longer eating his toast but instead pushing it aside. His appetite once again, gone.

“Am I not deserve a forgiveness... from her, Ma? Pa?” He’s sighing softly once again before leaving the two elders speechless, with a broken heart. All he wants is her forgiveness, as well as, their good friendship term (although they are never in a good term)like in their high school. Besides, he’s really missing her laugh, so much, even he is not the main reason of her happiness. But, Lord... Please, just once, let him happy with her without any disturbance. He’s starting to feel regret and in her shoes long time ago, because of he’s rejected her even the latter are loyally liking him, loving him not matter what he had done towards her. And now, he’s got the chance to reciprocate her feelings that she harboured for him long time ago, even it is too late to do that and even when she’s no longer loving him.

 

 

 

 

“Minseok-ah, how about this?” Jessica asks the chubby cheeks guy about a flower that she is holding right now, a red rose. Xiumin who is wondering around the flowers shop, coming towards her quickly. “Yes, it is beautiful, noona. But, to whom do you wish to give it? Well, besides, it’s still early in the morning though.” He’s stating while looking up to the magnificent cerulean sky as he’s shoving his hands into the back pocket of his jeans.

Jessica only glaring and smirks at the same time at his answer. “Today is my anniversary, silly.” She’s answering him as she’s calling for the florist to come over, to take the fresh red roses. “I want a dozen, thank you...” She’s flashing her sweet smile to the florist before she go to the wrappers section with Xiumin tailing behind her.

“Your anniversary? Wow! Congrats, noona! So you want me to give these flowers to Kris?” The squirrel-like guy asks her again while helping her to check the wrappers. She’s turning her head to her side. “Of course! Why would I give it to you? Of course it is for my husband!” She’s replying his question with a famous stoic face of hers. Then, she’s picking a white wrapper that perfectly matching with the red roses and goes to the cashier. The white wrapper will make the red roses stand out. “This is it... I want it to be wrap beautifully...”     “Ye, please wait for a while, miss.” The florist smiling at her and going to the table and begin to wrap the roses.

 

“And you Minseok-ah, I want you to help me.” She’s shoving her pointy finger on Xiumin’s chest, making the lad startles. He’s only laughing, showing his tooth like squirrel. “Arasseo, arasseo. What do you want me to do? And what do I get from it?"

 

Jessica thinks carefully and deeply, before she’s making a right decision. “Just, please send this flower to Kris. I don’t want you to pass it to his secretary or anyone, I want you, by yourself pass it to him. And I will treat you for dinner tonight, at my house. No offence.” After hear her answer, he’s abruptly agrees with the idea, to help Jessica give the flowers to her husband as well as he will get a treat tonight by the couple. Nothing ever happier more than get free meals!

 

 

 

 

“Take care on your way, Minseok-ah. Hope you arrives there safely...” Jessica handing him a bouquet of red roses to Xiumin, placing it on his palm carefully. “Yes, yes, I will take care of your flowers very well ma’am. Trust me.” Xiumin’s saluting the older woman before go towards the direction oppose from her. “Thank you, Minseok-ah.” She’s secretly whispers to herself when sending Xiumin’s off with her eyes.

“You’re welcome!” Xiumin raising his arm up, without turning to look behind, making her giggles. He is really the best guy friend ever! Then, she goes back to the way that directing her back to their cafe, which Seohyun is left alone, managing the cafe by herself.

 

 

 

 

Luhan is diligently working on a project that his father assigned him to do, with the help of his assistant. Thankfully that his assistant has a wide experience so they can work together, cooperatively. Even he is the superior, he never look down on the worker under him because he believes that they all have their own specialities. Actually, his father assigned Jongdae to Luhan because the old Lu expecting him to help his only son personally, but Luhan didn’t expect that Jongdae can help him more than that. His assistant has many brilliant ideas, more than he can thinks. Perhaps, he is happy right now, that is why Jongdae can imagine anything, creatively. Meanwhile for Luhan, his mind keeps clouding with the problems that always occupying inside after that dinner last few days ago.

 

“Are you okay, sir? You look gloomy these several days. Anything happen?” Jongdae, as the assistant, trying to be concerns over his superior who is lately became unhappy. Not like he wants to be a busybody, but maybe he can help by lifting some of his burden.

“I... I don’t know Chen... My mind right now, I’m mixing up, I don’t know...” Luhan stops from focusing on his work, then leaning against the leather couch. He closes his eyes for a while and opening it once again. “Something kept bugging me. And if I’m still didn’t know about that thing, I don’t think I can live happily, Chen. I just, I don’t know...”

 

Jongdae eyeing Luhan with pair of furrowed eyebrows of him. “Don’t know about that thing? Did you mean about your position? Sir, I think you know enough about you being the next president.” Jongdae once again reminding him, making him shakes his head for several times. “No, no, no,” he’s slowly denying what is Chen trying to convey the information. Then, he standing up and manages his way to the glass wall that shown the view of how busy Seoul City from his place, where he is standing right now. “I’m talking about my personal life here, Chen...” Luhan giggles at Chen’s embarrassing red face. Jongdae laughing at his own silliness before apologize for his excitement earlier.

 

“Aah, ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. I thought that you are talking about the position, sir. I’m so sorry for not knowledge it.”

 

“It’s okay... Chen, it’s okay.” Luhan stops his laughter with a sweet smile. Then, he grabs a document that laid on the table, regarding to their clients demand and want to pass it to Kris. Jongdae following his superior to Kris’ room. His cousin’s room located in the different level from since they are in different department, even they are the CEO. Luhan’s office is on the same floor with his father, it makes the old man easier to monitor or access to him. Well, his room already exist a long time ago, even during his father’s time, just before he’s been appointed as the president. In the future, maybe Luhan or Kris’ children that will continue their footsteps. Who know?

Luhan shoving his right hand into his pocket , leading Jongdae who is holding a file to Kris’ office. The e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter