Chapter 8

Lost Love

Taeyeon was at her house. She looked at the pictures of her and Tiffany, the ones that she had left anyways. She laid her head down on her soft, black, leather chair and let out a confused and exhausted sigh. She thought back........

::Flashback::

2 weeks before TAENY wedding.......

"Ahhh.." Taeyeon whispered due to the sharp pain in her stomach. She squeezed it tightly. Tiffany just walked in the door.

Tiffany: "What's wrong Taetae? Are you okay?"

Taeyeon: "Yeah, I just had a stomach ache that's all."

Tiffany: "Are you sure?"

Taeyeon: "Dae"

Tiffany: "Well, at least go get it checked."

Tiffany: "Alright. Well, since your stomach is hurting, get a day off and go to the doctor."

Taeyeon: "It's not that serious. I can just------"

Tiffany pout

Taeyeon ( laugh ): "Araso, don't try to use that on me." and kissed Tiffany before going off to the doctor.

Doctor's Office.........

Nurse: "Ms Kim? You're next."

Taeyeon got up and walked to the doctor's room.

Doctor: "So, Ms Kim. What's wrong?"

Taeyeon: "Well, my stomach's been hurting, like there's a sharp pain in there."

Doctor: "Okay. I'm gonna ask you to go on this scale and the nurse will record your height and weight."

Taeyeon did as was told. The doctor came back in in a short moment.

Doctor: "Uhhh...let's see. Do you drink?"

Taeyeon: "Dae"

Doctor: "How often?"

Taeyeon: "Everyday. Maybe twice a day."

Doctor: "It seems as if we have a bad case of alchoholism here. When's your birthday?"

"March 09, 1989
Height: 162cm
Weight: 44 kg
Nationality: Korean
Live In: Seoul

Doctor: "Okay, I'll take some tests on you."

::knock knock::

Doctor: "Come in"

The nurse came in and gave the doctor Taeyeon' profile.

Doctor: "Ms Kim. It says here that the last time you came here, you weighed 44kg. Now, as the nurse just recorded, you weigh 40kg. Are you on some special diet?"

Taeyeon: "Aniyo, I eat what I like whenever I like."

Doctor: "Do you substitute alchohol for food?"

Taeyeon: "No. I eat REAL FOOD three times a day. In big portions!"

Doctor: "Okay,well that's not a good sign."

Taeyeon: "Do you know what I have?"

Doctor: "Not yet, but after I take your tests, I'll call you a week later to give you your results."

Taeyeon then took the tests.

One week later.......

::ring ring::

Taeyeon picks up sleepily. She couldn't sleep all night because of her stomach.

Taeyeon: "Yoboseyo?"

???: "Is Ms Kim there?"

Taeyeon: "This is her. Who's this?"

???: "I'm the nurse from Seoul Clinic. I understand that you came here a week ago and took some tests about your illness. I have the results here. Would you like to come?"

Taeyeon: "Yeah. I'll be there in 15 minutes."

Seoul Clinic...

Doctor: "Ms Kim. Come into my office please."

Taeyeon followed him.

Doctor: "I have the results from last week. I'm afraid I have bad news. The results show that the symptoms you have.... Well, first let me tell you the symptoms that we've found. We've discovered that you have rapid weight loss, abdominal pain, abdominal fullness, ascites, and jaundice, whick is yellowish discoloration of the whites of the eyes, skin, and mucous membranes caused by deposition of bile salts in these tissues. It occurs as a symptom of various diseases, such as hepatitis, that affect the processing of bile. Also called icterus. Now, these symptoms lead us to believe that you have liver cancer. But we do have to do more research on it. I'll call you in two days to tell you your results. Do you have any questions? "

Taeyeon ( shock ): "Aniyo.. If my finace calls, please don't tell her about this."

Doctor: "Ms Kim, I strongly recommend you to please discuss this with your family and friends about treatment if you test positive. But, as doctors,we must respect our patients' decisions."

Taeyeon: "Dae..."

Taeyeon was confused. She slept all day, trying to hide or delay reality. How could this happen? Tiffany and her wedding was in less than a week. How would she react? What was she to do?

Two days later......

::ring ring::

Taeyeon: "Yoboseyo?"

???: "Ms Kim, I'm a nurse from the Seoul Clinic. We have your results. Unfortunately, you tested .....positive. Please contact your doctor for treatment and recommendations. If you have any questions, please call us."

_________________________