Chapter 20

Lost Love

1 year later..........

Taeyeon again was hiding herself from the world. She was like a lonely person with nothing to lose.

::ring ring::

Taeyeon got up and looked at the ID. It was Sooyoung, her doctor.

Taeyeon: " Yoboseyo? "

Sooyoung: " Is Ms Kim there? "

Taeyeon: " Sooyoung, you know it's me, and call me Taeyeon, stop being so formal."

Sooyoung ( chuckled ): "Well, it's my job to be formal. Oh yeah, I have good news. Chincha jeongmal good news."

Taeyeon: " What is it now Soo? "

Sooyoung: " I found someone willing to donate one of their lungs to you. "

Taeyeon: " You're lying! No one would do that. Plus, both of my lungs are cancerous,so one would not do it. "

Sooyoung: " That's where you're wrong Taeng. A person can live with only one lung also. My conclusion is that I can remove one of your lungs during the surgery, then put the donated one in. The reason why I won't take both out at a time is because... well, I think you understand. Then, I will take your other cancerous lung out, after inserting the good one in. If all goes well, you have no more worries. Well, you would have to take some check ups. But not as many as you have to like now. "

Taeyeon ( sighed ): " I don't know Soo. I accepted the fact that I'm going to die. I don't want to have high hopes, and it's very sudden. I mean, I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't--- "

Sooyoung: " Taeng, this is a once in a lifetime chance. You're my patient/friend. As on the job side, I recommend you take the surgery. And as a friend, I hope you take the surgery also. Don't you want to live with Tiffany?"

Taeyeon ( frowned ):  "As I said, I accepted the fact that I'll die soon. I left Tiffany because I didn't want to hurt her. Plus, she had Donghae. He loves her, and he can take care of her. I can't! I'm pretty sure you can understand that. I know you know that my symptoms are getting worse, and my days are numbered. Why worry about trying to live and waste my days, when I can try and live them out happily until I die? "

Sooyoung: " That's true. But you left one thing out. "

Taeyeon: " Bwoh?"

Sooyoung: " You know that you can't live happily without Tiffany. Why do you keep lying to yourself? Taeng, please, you know very well that I'm very persistent. I can go on all day to convince you. "

Taeyeon ( sighed ) " Araso. But I'm sure to not keep my hopes up. When will be the surgery? "

Sooyoung: " Maybe in a month. We have to run some tests. "

Taeyeon: " So soon? What's the guy's name anyway? "

Sooyoung: " He requested that his identity be kept hidden. "

Taeyeon: " That's weird. Oh, well call me when there's any other news. "

Sooyoung: " Araso..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taeyeon: " Soo, if I die, I want you to----"

Sooyoung: "Taeng, shut up! You know you're not gonna die! This isn't even the surgery!"

Taeyeon ( burst out laughing ): " Check-ups are sooooooo boring, I needed to have a little fun. ( Innocent face ) "

Sooyoung: " Whatever. "

30 minutes later....

Sooyoung ( happy ): "Congratulations Ms---Taeyeon. You've passed the tests. You are able to take the surgery next week!! "

Taeyeon: " Jeongmal?! "

Sooyoung: " Dae "

Day of the surgery.........

Taeyeon laid nervously on the patient bed.

Taeyeon: " Sooyoung, I'm not so sure if I want to do this. I--- "

Sooyoung: " It's okay. Everything'll be fine. Just lay down. I'm about to insert this chemical into your body. It will numb your body throughout the surgery, so don't worry. It WON'T hurt. "

Sooyoung inserted the chemical into Taeyeon's body.

Sooyoung: " Now, Taeng, if you can hear me, nod your head. "

Taeyeon nodded.

Sooyoung: " I will now insert another chemical into your body. It will make you sleepy, and eventually, you'll fall asleep. "

Taeyeon: " WAIT! "

Sooyoung: " Waeyo? "

Taeyong: " If the surgery goes well, I treat you to a buffet, eat all you want! "

Sooyoung ( laugh ): " Dae dae, araso, araso, I WILL do my best, your not only my patient, but also my friend Teang, just trust me. "

Sooyoung inserted that chemical into Taeyeon's body..

Sooyoung: " When I count to 10, you will fall asleep, and the surgery will begin. If I'm finished counting, and you're not asleep, nod your head. Can you hear me? "

Taeyeong nodded.

Sooyoung: " 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...... "

Sooyoung: "  Are you awake? "

There was no response.

Sooyoung ( serious ): " The surgery will now begin. "

Hours passed....and the light on the surgery room was still lit.

After 5 hours of hard work, the surgery was complete.

Sooyoung wiped the sweat off of her forehead.

Sooyoung: " Taeyeon, you have one heck of a good friend. Mr Lee here is so sympathetic. "

Everyone in the surgery room clapped and cheered.

Sooyoung: " Alright, alright. That's enough. Please bring Ms Kim to her bed now. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile with Tiffany.........

Tiffany just came home from work. She was exhausted. While trying to unlock her door, she found a white envelop stuck between her door. She took it out and read:

Dear Tiffany

I found the yellow envelope you hid under the cushion of my bed the day you had the accident. While I was at the hospital waiting for the news of your health that day, I saw Taeyeon. I slap her and told her that she should've left. When I came home that day, I made your bed and found the medical reports. I couldn't believe that I misunderstood her. I was sorry when I saw your comdition without her. I wanted to make it up you, and now I can. After a year of a hard, long search for Taeyeon, I found her. I contacted her doctor and volunteered to donate one of my lungs to her. She accepted. Today is the surgery day. By the time you get this letter, the surgery will be done. Since this letter was written before the surgery, whether or not the surgery was successfully completed or not is up to God. I loved you since the first day I met you, but I knew that fate was cruel. You and Taeyeon are meant to be together. Go to the Central Seoul Hospital right now, go see Taeyeon. But don't expect to see me there, I'll be gone by then. I hope that by doing this, I made up for my misunderstanding. I wish you and Taeyeon have a happy life. Don't let the misunderstanding between you and her get any worse. I know that God wouldn't be so cruel as to let her die. Marry her, I'm sure that's the best for the both of you. Goodbye Fany.

Love,
Donghae

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon reading the letter, Tiffany rushed to the Central Seoul Hospital. There, Sooyoung saw her. She smiled.

Sooyoung: " Donghae told me he knew you'd be here. He wanted me to inform you that the surgery was a success. Taeyeon is in bed 19. I'm not sure if she woke up yet. You may go see her "

Tiffany: " Is Donghae alright too? "

Sooyoung: " Both Taeyeon and Donghae is alright. "

Tiifany ( smiles ): " Jeongmal gomawo! "

Tiffany walked to bed 19, she caught a glimpse of Taeyeon. She got dressed and was ready to leave. She opened the door and came in.

Tiffany: " Where are you going? "

Taeyeon looked back surprised.

Taeyeon: " Somewhere, where no one can find me. "

Tiffany: " Kim Taeyeon! Saranghaeyo..."

Taeyeon was shocked at this response. She looked at Tiffany, who is crying.

Tiffany: "You left and lied to me all these years. Don't you want to make it up? "

Taeyeon was quiet. Tiffany's next action surprised her the most. Tiffany ran to her and hugged her.

Tiffany ( cries ): " Jeongmal jeongmal saranghaeyo! What don't you understand? I need you! Don't you dare try to leave me this time! Do you know what you did to me? "

Taeyeong couldn't help but feel sad and sorry. She didn't want to hurt her though. But she couldn't help it.

Taeyeon ( cries and whisper ): " Mianhae, jeongmal mianhae, I promise I won't ever leave you again! Jeongmal mianhae! Saranghaeyo Fany-ah. "

The couple just stood there embracing each other. It was 15 minutes that turned into an eternity. All their worries were each other. There was now a crowd outside of bed 19. Doctors, nurses, and patients also were there. All were crying, and all were clapping. They all showed emotions of happiness, all but one. It was Donghae. He was at the very corner of the crowd. Then finally, he smiled.

Donghae: " I hope the both of you a happy life." ( Left the Hospital )

Taeyeon and Tiffany finally let go of each other. When Taeyeon pulled back....

Taeyeon: " Let's get married "

Tiffany was shocked, but she didn't want to waste anymore time.

Taeyeon got on her knees and proposed.

Taeyeon: " Fany-ah, I have waited so many years just for this day to come and able to ask you this question again. Would you accept this cute, dorky, y, TALL, sweet, pretty little girl infront of you as your partner for the rest of your life? And be her one and only mushroom wife? "

Tiffany ( laugh ): Cute, dorky, TALL, y, sweet, pretty little girl? Where? Why I can't see her? There's only one person that fits some of the points... Cause I can only see a dorky, SHORT, little girl, I wonder where is the cute, y, sweet, pretty parts...

Taeyeon: " YAH! Fany-ah~~~ "

Tiffany: " Araso araso.................."

Taeyeon: " Sooooooooo? "

Tiffany: " YES KIM TAEYEON! I love you no matter what... I'm more than willing to be your one and only mushroom and life partner "

Now, the whole hospital building was crazy!