Chapter 13

Lost Love

At the Hwang Inc......

Tiffany was in a hurry. Donghae had asked her out on another reunion. It was already 6:37, and her date was at 7:00. She still had tons of contracts to sign and paperwork to do. She was so tired and so exhausted.

::knock knock::

Tiffany was so buy doing her work that she couldn't hear the knock.

::KNOCK KNOCK!::

This time it was louder. Without looking up, Tiffany told the person to come in.

Tiffany's secretary came in as was told. Her face showed an emotion of nervousness and worry. Sensing that something was wrong, since she heard no voice, she finally looked up asked her secretary what's wrong.

Hesitating to say, her secretary finally summoned up the guts to tell her boss what's happened,though she sort of stuttered.

Secretary: "M---Ms Hwang."

"Waeyo?" Tiffany asked, horror now seen on her face.

Secretary: "Well, one: Our company was lowered in rank, from number 5 to number 6. Two: One of our companies refuse to sign our contract. Three: Someone's been hacking into our computer system, stealing our ideas. Now, reporters are proned to write about us; giving our company a bad name of copying."
the secreatry gasped for air. If the secretary was this afraid, imagine how poor Tiffany felt.

After hearing the news, Tiffany almost fell out of her chair.Fortunately, she found enough time to grasp the brink of her desk. Her secreatry hurried to her side. Her secretary has been working with her for over 7 years, she's seen Tiffany's up and downs, her happy times and her worse. She even witnessed Tiffany's breakdown when Taeyeon left her. She was like her sister/mother.

Secretary: "Ms Hwang! Are you okay?" the secretary grew more worries for her each and every day. [ How can someone as nice and wonderful as her receive this horrible fate? God is so unjust to the poor girl!" ] her secretary would always think.

Secretary ( concern ): "Ms Hwang, I think you should go to your friend now. He's waiting for you."

Tiffany: "I appreciate your concerns, but how do you expect me to leave with all these paperworks unfinished? I can't let my parents down, and I definitely won't,no I refuse to let this company fail. Besides, if I don't finish all of this, you all would be out of work."

Secretary: "But Ms Hwang, don't you think that all the stress would slow you down. If you go have a good night out and have a good rest, you'd be done twice as fast then you here all night." the secretary said it as persuasive as possible, confident that Tiffany would believe her, knowing that her priorities are the company and her parents.

Tiffany ( sigh ): "I suppose you're right. But I just don't feel right."

Secretary: "It's okay Ms Hwang."

Tiffany: "Araso" Tiffany piled up her work neatly and put her unfinished paperwork in her file cabinets and locked it. She took her keys and started out to the door.

Secretary: "Have fun Tiffany!" her secretary yelled after her, giving her a wink.

Tiffany came back into the room, surprised that she called her by the first name. She only called her by the first name when she wanted to tell her something as a friend.

Tiffany ( smile ): "Thank you. I'll try."

Her response from her secretary was a warm and bright smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the T&T Restaurant........

Tiffany hurried into the restaurant. It was 7:30, she was already thirty minutes late. She nearly tripped when she came through the door.

She searched the restaurant for Donghae. Finally, she saw him.

Tiffany:"OH my God! I'm so sorry. I had alot of paper----"

She was cut of by Donghae.

Donghae: "It's okay Fany. Would like a lemonade?"

Tiffany ( smile ): "Dae, Uhhh...I'll go freshen up a bit."

Donghae: "Sure."

Tiffany came back within 5 min. Her lemonade sat on the table to the right of her hand. She slurped up half of the lemonade in a matter of seconds.

Donghae: "Wow! I guess you're really tired. Tiffany?"

Tiffany quickly stopped drinking: "Dae?"

Donghae: "Gwenchana?"

Tiffany: "Dae, waeyo?"

Donghae: "Is your company going well?"

Tiffany,being the person that she is, didn't want anyone to worry about her.

Tiffany ( lied ): "Dae, it is in a matter of fact."

Donghae ( worried ): "Fany, I heard the news. I know everything."

Tiffany ( got nervous and frowned ): "Mianhae." She started to feel a sharp pain in her heart. Now, she was finding it hard to breathe.

Donghae looked up, only to find the woman he love breathing harder than usual.

Donghae: "Fany, are you okay? Do you need to go to the doctor?"

Tiffany didn't like to make a big deal out of something, even if it was serious.

Tiffany: "No, I'm fine. I just find it a little hot in here, that's all." Tiffany tried her best to shun the sharp pain away. It worked.

Knowing that Tiffany lied,but decided not to stress her out even more, Donghae just said okay. While drinking his water, Donghae suddenly saw Tiffany moving towards something. It was a magazine. She read the front page and had a blackout.

Donghae rushed over to her side.

Donghae: "Fany! Fany! Tiffany!"

Barely conscious, Tiffany could feel her being picked up. That was the last thing she remembered before her blackout.

Dongahe picked her up and bought her into his car and drove more than twice the speed limit.

What was the headline on the magazine?

"Kim Taeyeon and Tiffany Hwang scandal. News on it! Taeyeon cheated on poor Tiffany and left her on the curb!"