Odd One Out

A Blessing In Disguise

The cold air produced by the air conditioner made the room of the three kids cooler. Since they all took a shower before changing into pajamas, they felt really fresh when they climbed into bed. Luhan was lying down with his chest facing the ceiling. He was staring at an empty space and was sending a message to Xiumin telepathically. Jiyeon, who just exited the shower in her blue pajamas, lied down on the opposite side of the bed of where Luhan was sleeping. The latter could sense that she was tensed up. With his eyes closed, he spoke, “Calm down Jung Jiyeon. I won’t kill you when you’re asleep.”

Instead of calming down, Jiyeon gulped, feeling more scared. Luhan stopped talking mentally to Xiumin for a while and faced Jiyeon. She looked back at him and felt really nervous. She didn’t know his capabilities. His stare looked scary for her. Jiyeon was frozen at her spot even when Luhan began dragging himself closer to her until their faces were only 2 inches apart. He placed his right hand at the back of her head and whispered, “Sleep. You wouldn’t want to see what I’d do next.”

Jiyeon understood what he meant and immediately closed her eyes. She tried falling asleep in an instant but she was too scared. Luhan told her that he knew that she couldn’t sleep which made her slightly frown. It wasn’t that noticeable. But since Luhan was so close, he could see her frown clearly. He hesitatingly kissed her forehead and told her to sleep while she was wrapped around his arms.

What am I doing…? This is wrong… I need to kill him,” Jiyeon thought. She could hear Luhan’s heart beating silently, which made it sound like a lullaby that put her to sleep.  For the first time, a day had ended without Jiyeon completing her mission. It was different.

The next morning, Xiumin headed down to the kitchen first to prepare breakfast for the other two who were still sleeping peacefully. He looked like a professional chef when he cooked. While he was preparing the plates, he heard footsteps coming down from the stairs. He looked at the direction of where it was coming from and saw Jiyeon freshly woken up in her pajamas. Xiumin smiled as he approached her and placed his hands on both her shoulders.

“Good morning princess,” he greeted and kissed her on the forehead. “Breakfast is almost ready. Just wait a little longer, hm?” Xiumin walked back to the dining room to finish fixing the plates.

Jiyeon followed him there with a weak smile. “Thanks Xiumin…” she muttered as she rubbed her right eye tiredly.

“Don’t mention it. You were probably uncomfortable with Luhan last night,” he replied. Xiumin walked closer to her and patted her head. “I’ll try to make Luhan let you sleep in my room. If not, just sneak out, ok?” he said with a mischievous grin.

Jiyeon giggled and made an ok sign. Xiumin swiftly moved away when he spotted Luhan coming. Jiyeon immediately pretended like nothing had happened. Luhan looked at both of them and suspected that something was going on with the two. But since it was early in the morning, he was too tired and lazy to even figure out.  He sat down on his chair and rested his head on the table; still feeling sleepy. Xiumin and Jiyeon also sat down and began taking food to eat.

“Hey, eat,” Xiumin nudged Luhan’s shoulder.

The latter looked at him weakly and rested his head back on the table. He felt really tired. Xiumin pursed his lips slightly and took a small amount of food for him.  Jiyeon was quietly finishing her food. She was still afraid of Luhan. He was really powerful, in a way. While he was convincing Luhan to wake up and eat, the doorbell rang. Jiyeon said that she would get it. As she grabbed hold of the door, she felt air gushing in from the it. She was wondering how that happened if the door was solid. Nonetheless, she turned the knob and peeked outside. An innocent looking boy was standing, looking at her. She opened the door fully, thinking that he was harmless.

“It’s you!” he exclaimed as soon as he recognized her. Jiyeon was blown away and she hit the wall on her back because of the strong wind that the male had produced using his own hands. Xiumin heard a loud thud, which caused him to rush to where Jiyeon was.

“Sehun!” Xiumin yelled and froze the boy’s hand. He carried Jiyeon and laid her down the couch in their living room. Sehun was downright confused.

“Hyung, did you just–“

“Don’t you dare hurt her again Oh Sehun,” Xiumin said in a daunting tone. He lifted her shirt and examined her back. It looked fine but he knew that it hurt a lot. He looked at Sehun and asked, “Where’s Mark when I need him?”

“Oh, he’s at home. He’s currently healing Jinyoung from his last battle with Chen,” Sehun replied before sitting down on the couch’s arm rests.

“Kim Jongdae?” Xiumin sighed heavily and continued, “That brat…” He stood up and changed clothes within a snap of a finger. “I’ll be right back. Don’t scare her or you’re dead,” he threatened. A hover board appeared in Xiumin’s hand. The latter stepped on it, and hovered out of the house.

Sehun sighed as he looked back at the girl lying down beside him. He stared at her appearance and wondered what made Xiumin want to protect her. It took him a few moments before he finally decided to scan her memory. Sehun only scanned the part of her memory where she had already met Xiumin and Luhan.

“So she is frit after all… That’s why…” he glanced at the door where Xiumin exited. Sehun stood up and walked to the dining room. An elated smile was visible on his face when he spotted Luhan eating the food that Xiumin prepared for them. “Luhan hyung!” the boy called out as he sat down on the chair placed nearest to Luhan.  “Hyung, are we going to protect her now?” he asked.

“The bun has spoken. Of course we would,” he replied with a stoic face as he chewed on his food.

Sehun pouted slightly before walking back to Jiyeon. He took a step back when he realized that she was sitting upright. He casually walked in front of her and waved. “Hi!” he greeted cheerfully. “Sorry about earlier,” he looked down, looking more pitiful.

Jiyeon said that it was fine but she still looked scared of him. The only person whom she was comfortable with was Xiumin. Sehun looked really friendly and he didn’t want to scare her like earlier.

“Look, I’m really sorry for what happened a few moments ago,” he apologized. “Can you please be comfortable with me? You seem like a good person now that I have scan– I mean, thought about it,” he smiled awkwardly after accidentally mentioning the word ‘scan’.

Jiyeon smiled and said, “It’s okay… Um…”

“Sehun”

“Sehun ssi,” Jiyeon finished her sentence. Luhan approached her and pulled her out the house with him, leaving Sehun behind. The latter wondered what was going on between Luhan and the girl.


Outside their house, Jiyeon was looking down on the ground in front of Luhan who was on his lollipop like a little kid. He looked at her from head to toe, examining her appearance. She was wearing a uniform, which looked exactly like what she was wearing the day before. But it wasn’t the same set of clothes.

“We’ll wait till Minseok comes back. I mean Xiumin. Hyung,” he faked a cough before walking back in with his ears feeling hot.

He was already gone when Jiyeon raised her head to look up to him. She looked at the empty road and land in front of her house while squinting her eyes. The young male opened the door and stood beside her, watching the same scenery.

“Quite a nice sight, isn’t it?” Sehun smiled as he made eye contact with her.

Jiyeon, who was currently smiling at Sehun, looked back at the scenery with a bright smile on her face. Luhan was near the house’s window, watching the two of them interact.  The lollipop’s stick fell out of his mouth when he saw Sehun put his arm around her. He frowned at them, and walked in the house.

He told Xiumin that they’d wait for him to come back before going to Hongdae to buy new clothes for no other than Jiyeon. He hated seeing her wear the same clothes even though he knew it wasn’t exactly the same.  Luhan snapped his finger and instantly changed clothes just like Xiumin. He was wearing a school uniform just like Jiyeon but his coat, tie and pants were navy blue instead of black. He had a white nametag on the left side of his coat. Luhan left his coat ed. He faced the house’s main door and stood around a meter distance from it. Luhan peered his eyes at Jiyeon and controlled her to approach him. He smirked when she unknowingly walked to him.

“May I ask why you’re wearing a uniform?” she asked politely with her hands behind her back.

Luhan slightly bent over and closed up their faces. “May I ask why a fierce girl is being so formal? Come on, speak casually to me,” he grinned. “We’re going out to buy you new clothes. Wouldn’t it be better if a fellow classmate or a student help you buy clothes? Besides, I wanted to wear one,” he continued.

Jiyeon nodded without escaping his gaze. She looked back at Sehun who just changed into the same uniform the Luhan was wearing as well. He walked up to them and said gleefully, “I want to come along!”

“Suit yourself,” Luhan replied before walking out of the house to wait for Xiumin.

It took about 20 minutes before Xiumin finally arrived back home. “That bastard just wouldn’t learn his lesson…” he sighed. Xiumin sprinted to Jiyeon’s side and asked worriedly, “Is my princess ok?” His hand was caressing her cheek.

“I was fine Xiumin ah…” she smiled and gently lifted his hand off of her cheek.

Xiumin looked at Sehun who was admiring Jiyeon’s appearance. He then glanced at Luhan and saw him glaring at them. He chuckled and said, “Luhan, you’re the odd one out here.”

“How on earth did I become the odd one out? It’s her,” he pointed to Jiyeon with a stoic face.

“Stupid,” Xiumin said with a dumb look. “You’re the odd one out. The only one who is so unhappy.”

“Happy is not in my dictionary,” he stated and exited the house.

Xiumin sighed sharply. He was tired of Luhan acting like that. He put his arm around Jiyeon and walked out of the house with Sehun. The younger male turned to Xiumin and called out, “Hyung”

“Yeah?” Xiumin looked back at Sehun.

“Why is Luhan hyung suddenly being like that when he–“

Sehun got cut off when Luhan immediately zipped his mouth, “Don’t be a big mouth Sehunnie,” he muttered. Sehun couldn’t open his mouth, so he blasted strong wind at Luhan causing the latter to get annoyed and to release Sehun. Luhan frowned at what Sehun had just done.

Each of the boys made hover boards for themselves. Xiumin held out his hand, gesturing Jiyeon to ride with him. The girl held his hand. But instead of standing up on the hover board, Xiumin carried her like she was his bride. “Let’s go princess?” he smiled at her lovingly.

Jiyeon wrapped her arms around his neck while the three boys controlled the direction of where their hover boards headed.

“You shouldn’t be doing this Jiyeon…”


author's note ♦

I want everyone to know that 'frit' is not a typo XD
It's a real word. Its synonym is fearful.

I hope you're okay with a... what do you call it...
"not an everyday update"(?)
Please understand that I'm a high school student
And well... Yeah, studies is top priority
Because I want to study in Australia *-*
Hehehe... Scholarship
( Wanted to share that so you'd
understand why I put my studies first )

I hope you guys love this chapter :)