Half Hostage

A Blessing In Disguise

¡ please read !

I have some important stuff to tell you guys
Please be informed that I did some changes in Chapter 2
So instead of 'Lay healing Tao after a battle with Chen',
It's now 'Mark healing Jinyoung after a battle with Chen'.
That's all :)


Walking around the streets of Myeongdong was tiring for Luhan. He hated walking because it tires him easily. Meanwhile, Xiumin and Sehun were enthusiastically looking for the perfect clothes for Jiyeon. The latter was simply looking around clothes that resembled a uniform. Luhan groaned and passed her some clothes.

“Wear that,” he said shortly and pushed her into the fitting room.

Sehun and Xiumin approached him, wondering how he was able to pick an outfit so quickly. Luhan ignored their question and just waited for Jiyeon to come out of the fitting room in the clothes that Luhan gave her. It took about 5 minutes until a charming girl in a light blue cropped t-shirt and denim pants walked out of the fitting room. Xiumin and Sehun were left staring at her appearance. It was a simple outfit but it looked gorgeous on her.

“Let’s take that,” Luhan said and got another set of the clothes, which were wrapped in plastic to the cashier.

Jiyeon looked at herself in the mirror and mumbled, “Does it really look good…?”

“It looks amazing Jiji,” Sehun complimented with a cute smile.

Xiumin frowned slightly as he turned his head to Sehun. “What do you mean Jiji?”

“It’s cute”

“It’s not”

“It is”

“Is not”

“Both of you just quiet down,” Luhan interrupted their childish argument.

Jiyeon changed back to the clothes that she was originally wearing before the four of them exited the shop. Luhan was holding onto the paper bag even though it was Jiyeon’s. She said that she would carry it instead but when he said no, she remained completely silent because of her fear of Luhan. Xiumin and Sehun spotted a bubble tea store, and they dragged Luhan and Jiyeon with them. The interior of the store was elegantly simple.

“What do you want?” Xiumin asked Luhan.

“What do you think I want?” the latter looked at Xiumin with a stoic look.

“Rest...” Jiyeon mumbled softly.

Luhan’s eyes slightly widened when he had heard her answer him. He puffed up his cheeks to hide the smile that was about to appear on his face and said, “I want Taro.”

“Okay then, princess?” Xiumin looked at her. He put his arm around Jiyeon and said, “Come with me. I’ll get bored while lining up.”

Sehun sat down with Luhan. The two of them were having a staring contest until a hand blocked their line of sight. Both of them traced the arm to see a familiar person stand up between them.

“What on earth are you doing here Kai?” Luhan asked with an irritated tone.

“Just checking out,” Kai laughed. He turned to Sehun and asked, “How’s the girl?”

“She’s fine,” Sehun replied as he pointed to Xiumin and Jiyeon who were ordering from the cashier lady.

Kai was about to approach her when Luhan trapped him in his place. Kai groaned in annoyance as he teleported out of the invisible cage. He looked at Luhan with an unimpressed face. Sehun laughed slightly at him with his chin resting on the palm of his right hand.

Jiyeon’s microchip gave her a signal. She had to go to the ladies’ room to answer the incoming call from somebody in SHL Secret Agency. She excused herself from Xiumin and headed to the washroom. Sehun saw her feeling uneasy as she walked there.

Jiyeon positioned her index finger and middle finger together, and pulled downwards. Three ascending chimes were heard before three holographic circles showed up in front of her with headlines saying ‘Messages’, ‘Call’ and ‘Mission’. She answered the incoming call and a holographic screen appeared in front of her, revealing a girl in a red spring outfit.

“Agent Jung Jiyeon, we are detecting an unknown energy source surrounding you, are you all right?” she asked with a serious look.

“I’m fine Agent Jessica Jung. What energy source are you talking about by the way?” she answered back with a question.

Jessica typed in some document in the system and sent it to Jiyeon. “There. I just sent it to you,” she said while Jiyeon opened her messages and started reading. At the same time, Jessica was explaining it to her. “They’re Telekinesis, Frost, Wind and Teleportation. I’m beginning to like this microchip project. It was so hard to detect energy sources from the Power Scanner that Agent Byun Baekhyun used,” Jessica stated.

“Alright. I won’t let my guard down,” she replied.

Jessica’s stoic and serious look faded away and a feminine smile appeared on her face. She put her right hand at the side of as she whispered, “By the way, I won’t tell anyone about Xiumin’s affectionate side.” She winked.

Jiyeon giggled in response and thanked her. She then bid goodbye to her fellow agent and walked out of the washroom. Xiumin was collecting the drinks and he was near the door she went out from. He smiled as soon as he spotted her.

“Jiyeon ah, can you help me?” he asked as he held one bubble tea in each hand.

She smiled and took the other two from the counter and they both approached Luhan and Sehun. Jiyeon wasn’t able to see Kai because he had camouflaged himself by turning invisible when he saw her walking towards them. Kai was silently watching her painstakingly. He was curious how Xiumin came to like her. When she made eye contact with him unknowingly, he teleported outside the shop. Luhan, Xiumin and Sehun sensed the sudden disappearance of Kai, but they decided to ignore it. Jiyeon looked at Xiumin and asked politely if she could have her guns back. Xiumin refused instantly because he feared that she might shoot them. Jiyeon sighed and decided not to ask the same question again. Luhan saw her bit her lower lip. He was sure that even if she got her weapon back, she still wouldn’t be able to lay a finger on them.

Luhan swallowed the black pearls of his bubble tea and said, “You can get your weapon back and you can also visit SHL Headquarters but you cannot give us any excuse when we take you back out of the blue. Also, you must be home by 8.30pm.”

Jiyeon smiled slightly and thanked him. Sehun and Xiumin looked at Luhan with a confused look.

Don’t worry,” Luhan thought.

Sehun and Xiumin put their mouths back to their straws and continued drinking up their bubble tea. Jiyeon was smiling excitedly. She was anticipating going back to the agency until she remembered Terence. She thought to herself, “I guess it’s time for me to make new friends, right? I promise to do the right thing Terence… I miss you a lot…


“Agent Jiyeon, how did you manage to escape from Xiumin and Luhan?” a male asked with a flabbergasted look as soon as he spotted her walk in the office.

Jiyeon smiled and replied, “They allowed me too. Long time no see by the way Agent Park. How’s your arm?”

The latter walked to his desk, and she followed him. “You surely changed a lot,” he said as he walked. He sat down on his chair and continued, “You’re smiling. Never saw that before. And yeah, my arm has recovered already. Thanks for asking.” He paused for a moment and then he realized, “I told you to call me by my first name!”

“Chanyeol? But it sounds… informal…” she murmured.

The boy laughed and commented, “It’s supposed to be informal Jiyeon. You got too used with formalities.”

“I guess…” she mumbled shyly.

“So, got anything for me?” he asked with a grin and his hands reaching out.

Jiyeon dug into her bag and took out a small ice crystal inside a zip lock bag. She gave it to him and said, “That came from Kim Minseok. It’s been three days already and I’m astonished at the fact that it hasn’t melted yet.”

Chanyeol scanned its appearance. It took him a few moments before finally speaking up. “I’ll tell Yixing about it,” he said and stood up from his chair to head to Yixing’s lab.

Jiyeon was curious about it too, so she tailed him there. They arrived at the laboratory with the said male doing an experiment inside the room. Chanyeol pushed a circle button, and the glass door slid open for them.

“Hey, my man…! I have something for you,” he said casually while walking in like it was his house.

The male threw the experiment away, literally, into the trashcan. He dusted off his hands and replied, “What can I do for you?”

“I found this ice from Kim Minseok. It’s been three days yet it hasn’t melted even a bit,” Jiyeon said as Chanyeol handed the bag to Yixing.

The scientist observed it closely. He placed the substance in the microscope with a pair of tongs and examined its properties. He looked back at the two agents and concluded, “This isn’t an ordinary ice. In fact, I have never seen one like this in my entire life.”

A female came walking in with a transparent file in her hand. She gave it to Jiyeon and said, “I think you should see this.”

“Agent Jung…”

“Jessica”

“Right,” she replied shortly and read the documents filed inside the folder. “How can this be? Does that mean we’re the only one who has Kim Minseok’s and Lu Han’s profile?”

“It seems like it,” Jessica commented.


Xiumin was using his orange hover board to travel from his house to SHL Headquarters. Luhan had ordered him to fetch Jiyeon already. He had a black cap on his head and a black leather ped coat on top of his casual home clothes. When he was nearing the building, he formed a gun using his hand and shot each of the security with ice. Relaxingly, he entered the building with ease. His instincts told him to go to the laboratory, and surprisingly, he was right. Xiumin’s hover board disappeared in thin air as he stepped down from it and approach Jiyeon. He grabbed her arm and said, “We have to go. You don’t want Luhan mad.” While dragging her outside the room, he shot snowflakes on the eyes of Jessica, Chanyeol and Yixing.

Jiyeon looked down on the floor while walking beside him. “Isn’t it too early to be kidnapped by you? It’s just 6.30pm” she asked.

Xiumin sighed before he answered, “I know that Luhan said 8.30, but he needs you for something… As in… Right now.”

Xiumin made her ride the hover board with him again. He knew that she would cause a mess if she were to ride one on her own. With great speed, he speeded back to their house. Jiyeon tightened her arms around his neck, feeling frightened.

“It’s okay princess…” he brushed off some hair off her forehead. “Want to sleep with me tonight? I don’t think you’d be able to sleep well next to Luhan…”

Jiyeon didn’t reply, instead, she gave him a quick nod. Xiumin smiled like a child and hurried home. He was excited to be in bed next to Jiyeon. On the other hand, Luhan was impatiently waiting for the two of them, right in front of the house’s door. As soon as he spotted them, he used telekinesis to bring the girl in front of him. He stared at her eyes, which made fear engulf her whole.

“I want to do it…” Xiumin mumbled with a pout as he got off his hover board.

Luhan instantly moved away and told Xiumin to perform it instead of him. The latter rejoiced, and faced Jiyeon. He placed his hands on her shoulders and said, “Don’t move, okay?” Jiyeon assumed that they would inject an unknown substance in her or something. Xiumin leaned closer, and Jiyeon got more scared each second that passed. That feeling changed rapidly when she felt his lips on hers.


author's note ♦

Sorry if it took a long time for me to update >_<
I had an Orientation Camp for the past three days
It was enjoyable for me :)
But then, on Monday, it's study time...
Sigh...
I'll write whenever I'm free.
And when my laptop ain't lagging -_-*

I'm sorry for the cliffhanger by the way xD

Please do leave comments about this chapter :)