Another One

A Blessing In Disguise

Around 6am in the morning, the bedrooms in Jiyeon’s house were empty. The beds were a mess, but no one was around. It was completely quiet on the second floor of the house. But, when you walk down the stairs, a certain noise would start to become louder, louder and louder.

“Lu Han!” a deafening shout echoed within the living room. The girl had a frown on her face and her skin looked definitely red. Luhan had just . She glared at him but it soon faded away to a gentle stare. “Oh why are you so handsome…?” she asked herself.

Luhan heard her soft voice and turned back to her. He pinned her on the sofa and said, “Because I’m your boy.” Right then and there, he captured Jiyeon’s lips with his. His lips moved passionately against hers. No matter how much the two love each other, they never actually made love before. He stated that he respected her and would wait until they get married.

Xiumin was –of course– jealous.  He sat across them and watched the two show their love for each other. “Princess, I miss you,” he said softly, not wanting them to hear him. But, the two people who sat next to him heard it loud and clear.

“I knew you like Jiyeon. Sensed it ever since… Yeah, ever since you two started interacting,” Jessica whispered gently, leaning closer to him to make sure that only he heard it. She used to be SHL’s detective agent. She knew every single detail shown on Xiumin’s face.

The latter slowly turned his head to Jessica and muttered, “It hurts…”.

“It’s okay…” she made him lean on her shoulder as she patted his head affectionately.

In the midst of looking like a mother and son, Xiumin broke the aura. “Jessica…” he called out, causing her to hum a short ‘hm?’. “I ship you and D.O”.

“Who’s D.O?”

“Kyungsoo”

“What!” she shouted out loud. “I don’t even like him!” she continued, still in a loud tone. Jessica abruptly stood up and began protesting just because Xiumin said that he shipped them.

Jiyeon and Luhan –who had just finished their ‘business’– were watching Jessica with a simper on their faces. Jiyeon turned to Luhan and he knew exactly what she wanted to say. Luhan sent a telepathy message to Kyungsoo, telling him to come over. Of course, he didn’t know the exact reason why, so he just followed Luhan’s instructions. Teleporting to the house with Kai, Kyungsoo appeared right in front of Jessica, which caused everyone to make teasing sounds.

“Kyungsoo…” her voice trailed off. Jessica’s eyes were wide open. A slight smile could be seen on her face. But it was barely noticeable. Despite that, it was obvious that she was happy to see Kyungsoo.

The boy tilted his head to the right and blurted, “Jessica?” His personality is really mysterious that it made Jessica so curious about his true self.

While the rest were shipping Kyungsoo and Jessica together, Xiumin was staring at Jiyeon. He missed her. He treated her well from the start. Xiumin looked like a 5-year-old kid staring at a balloon that he badly wanted to get. He stood up from his seat and headed up to his room. Jiyeon’s eyes followed Xiumin. She excused herself from Luhan and tailed Xiumin.

Peeking into his room, Jiyeon saw him lying down on his bed, staring at the white blank ceiling. She was about to push the door open completely but hesitated when she heard Xiumin speak up some words.

“Jiyeon… Can you erase your memory again…? I want you to be mine…” Xiumin said to himself. He grabbed a pillow from his side and placed it on his head gently.

With silent moves, Jiyeon entered his room and slowly crawled onto his bed. She was then on top of him. She had a smile on her face.

“Who are you…” a muffled voice from Xiumin could be heard.

Jiyeon removed the pillow from his face and the two exchanged gazes. A smile instantly appeared on Xiumin’s face. “Princess!” he exclaimed. Jiyeon was unsure wether he was trying to act normal because he knew that she heard what he said or maybe he was simply happy to see her.

“Why are you not downstairs?” she asked, slightly showing a worried look. Jiyeon had a thought that Xiumin might have felt like the odd one out. Jiyeon was sitting on his lap when Xiumin rose up from his bed. His arms wrapped around her waist as he gently pulled her close.

“I missed you,” he whispered into her ear and rested his head on her shoulder. He badly wanted her. Xiumin had her. But she disappeared so suddenly when she got her memories back.

Jiyeon bit her lip slightly and hugged him tightly. “Xiumin… I’m sorry…” she muttered.

 

On the other side, the living room was filled with teases about Kyungsoo and Jessica. Unknown to the rest, Luhan was having a telepathy conversation with no other than Xiumin. He knew that his older ‘brother’ had feelings for Jiyeon. In the midst of three things happening at the same time, the doorbell rang. Junmyeon stood up to get it before anyone else did.

“Hello, may I know why you’re here?” Junmyeon greeted politely but his face said otherwise. He wasn’t happy to see him at all.

The boy smirked and replied, “I’m here to visit! What else?” He stepped in the house without even asking permission from Junmyeon. “I see that Jiyeon has been living very well with her new house,” complimented as he looked around the house.

“Not really Kim Jongdae. Jiyeon’s been losing blood and it may even put her to critical state,” Junmyeon commented as the two walked back to the rest in the living room. “There’s too much microchips implanted in her body. My brain can’t seem to progress how a human body managed to accept such substances,” he added.

“That’s Jiyeon for you,” Jongdae replied.

Junmyeon frowned and said an unrelated topic. “I still hate you,” he said randomly.

Jongdae let out a small chuckle and replied, “Just because you didn’t get to be an agent? I wanted to be a scientist. But, too bad, I got promoted to the agent division.”

Junmyeon growled at his reply and decided to end their conversation there. Both of them caught the attention of the rest when they appeared in the living room. Luhan showed a sign of familiarity towards Jongdae. He immediately sent a telepathy message to Xiumin.

 “Hyung?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you remember our classmates’ name in Year 3? The boy who sits behind me.”

“Mm… I think its Kim Jongdae, why?”

“O-Oh… Hyung, I found another one…”

“Interesting, I’ll be right down.”

Luhan’s mouth was slightly hanging open. He couldn’t believe that he was seeing a familiar boy in front of him with a nametag pinned on his shirt with the words ‘Kim Jongdae’. “Uh… Do you know me?” he asked directing to the overly familiar boy.

“Hm? What kind of question is that? I only have seen you now,” he answered while raising one of his eyebrows. Jongdae felt that split second when Luhan looked familiar but it faded too quickly.

Luhan shook his head with a nervous smile pasted on his face. Xiumin had good memory. He had to be right. Gathering everyone in the living room, the aura was filled with awkwardness. Jiyeon was sitting on Xiumin’s lap like a child. Despite that, Luhan didn’t get angry. He knew that Xiumin was older than him and that he had feelings for Jiyeon as well.

“Hyung, why did you suddenly pay a visit? This is unusual,” Chanyeol spoke up, his words directed to Jongdae.

The latter glanced at him and replied, “Why? I can’t visit?” Turning his head away, he continued, “Everyone in the agency is currently afraid of all of you. I’m the only one who’s not. I’m here to tell you something very important. But in exchange, I need an important note from you people.”

“Is your information literally important?” Junmyeon asked with an irritated look. He really disliked Jongdae.

“Yes. Especially to Lu Han,” he answered.

His unexpected answer left everyone puzzled. What information could he have regarding Luhan? It didn’t make any sense. Luhan tried to speak telepathically to Jongdae. It was a success, but he didn’t get a quick reply. He knew that Jongdae heard it. Luhan sensed it.

“Did you hear that?” Jongdae’s eyes widened as he started to look a bit frozen after hearing Luhan’s voice in a different way. It wasn’t easy for him to recognize Luhan’s voice. The rest thought that he was mental due to his sudden change of act.

Kyungsoo was watching Jongdae struggle to look for the source of sound. He let out a silent chuckle and put his arm around Jessica, who was sitting on his left. She heard his chuckle clearly, and that made her smile despite the awkward situation they were in. Kyungsoo snapped his fingers, catching Xiumin’s attention. Mouthing some words, Xiumin instantly got his message.

He made Jiyeon sit between him and Luhan because he wouldn’t be able to do it when she’s sitting on him. Raising his pointing finger, Xiumin froze the microchip located in Jongdae’s forearm. Everyone witnessed his look filled with fear when he felt the cool temperature on his arm. Xiumin smiled as he opened up his palm in a quick motion as if he was trying to make something explode. That moment, the ice in Jongdae’s forearm shattered along with the microchip. Jongdae felt a wave of pain for a spit second but it disappeared completely.

“Do… You know me now?” Luhan asked.

Jongdae slowly turned to him. Luhan’s facial appearance started to look even more familiar now that his microchip is long gone. “Xiao Lu,” he blurted out.

“Xiao Lu?” Luhan exclaimed in annoyance as he abruptly rose from his seat. “My name is Luhan! Why do you call me that until now!” he shouted and the two started fighting in a playful and childish manner.

No one in the room doubted that the Kim Jongdae that Luhan once knew was him. Their fight lasted for about three minutes. They stopped because they were tired and they were getting to nowhere. The two of them finally calmed down and they sunk on the couches. Luhan and Jongdae were laughing slightly because of their funny reunion.

“Oh right, what were you going to tell us?” Luhan asked, his face immediately changing from a tired to a serious one.

Jongdae caught his breath and answered, “Byun Baekhyun is back.”


author's note ♦

I'm so so so sorry for the very late update!
T^T I'm having difficulty adjusting to high school...
But I found time to write an update because it's Chinese New Year
Gong Xi Fa Cai! :D
I'm planning to change the cover...
But yeah, I'd have to wait for some time
I'm requesting directly next time --"


Anyway, I'd like to ask you guys a question
Do you ship Jessica and Kyungsoo? O.o
I ship them ^^✌︎

Have a nice holiday :)
I'll try to update daily till Sunday
Since we have NO homework :) yay!