Aloysius Lee

A Blessing In Disguise

After they arrived back to the house, instead of going up to their rooms and sleep, Xiumin made coffee for all five of them to drink in the living room. Baekhyun, Luhan, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were completely quiet while waiting for Xiumin to finish making the coffee. All of them were thinking deeply about what they had just found out back in the agency.

Xiumin strode to the living room and placed the five cups of homemade coffee on the table. They firstly took a sip and showed interest in the coffee. Of course, Xiumin’s coffee is always the best.

“What date is it today?” Kyungsoo asked, his lips clean.

Chanyeol gradually looked at the digital clock hanging on the wall near the television. “Sunday 12am,” he answered.

Hearing the date made Xiumin and Luhan stop drinking abruptly. They didn’t want to believe that it was Sunday. Luhan checked the clock, just to be sure. He sighed in slight frustration when it really was Sunday. “Today is the day Mr Lim becomes the University’s principal…” he brushed his fringe up and slumped back his seat.  

“A what?” Baekhyun’s eyes rounded as if he saw a ghost. “I never knew that old man can…— But why?” he asked, not wanting to believe what he had heard.

Luhan sat upright and replied, “I’m not sure. He probably thinks he’ll be able to escape this way. Because none of us goes to school. Well, guess what. We’re enrolling tomorrow. We can’t let him win this game.”

“Get a good night sleep everyone. We have a lot scheduled for tomorrow,” Xiumin got up and headed up to the rooms first. Before he decided to enter his room, he dropped by Jiyeon’s. Walking in silently, he squatted beside her bed and stared at her face. “You’re becoming stronger and more beautiful each day that passes Jiyeon… But… There will come a time when your white knight won’t be around. Instead, it’ll be your prince. Take care of yourself… Okay?” he whispered as he lightly caressed her hair. Xiumin leaned in for a kiss on her forehead and right after that, a small smile appeared on her face. Just by seeing her smile could already complete his day. Feeling contented, he exited her room and went in his to sleep.

Just after he went in, Luhan entered Jiyeon’s room and lied down beside her without making too much noise or movement to cause her to wake up from her peaceful sleep. He smiled as he looked at her facial features. Her brown hair slightly covering her forehead, somewhat hanging open and her milky soft skin looked like a baby’s. “Sleep well Jiyeon,” he said before he closed his eyes and transported to dream land.


Sehun’s shriek was the sound that caused Luhan to snap off from his sleep and sit up abruptly. Realizing that it wasn’t real danger, he slowly lied back down and tried to fall asleep again. But, there was something missing. Jiyeon was no longer beside him. Once again, Luhan got up and was going to look for Jiyeon. But before he could open the door, Jiyeon already opened it. She had a tray of food on her hands.

“Breakfast’s ready Lulu,” she smiled. As she walked in, she continued, “You woke up… Really late. So I decided to just bring up the food for you.”

Luhan beamed and went back to the bed to sit down and enjoy the food that she had prepared. “Jiyeon ah, we’re going somewhere later. Did Xiumin tell you already?” he asked as he took a bite from his chicken.

“Hm? Oh. Yeah, he did. He said that we were going to enroll as students in Seoul National University. Um… May I ask why so suddenly?” she looked a somehow concerned and puzzled when she glanced at the eating Luhan.

Luhan pursed his lips and said, “No reason? Besides, Xiumin said my grammar … So… Yeah.” He ended his sentence with a light chuckle.

Jiyeon nodded in comprehension.  She then sat next to him on the bed and rested her head on his shoulder while he ate his food. Luhan definitely loved their position at that moment.


“Aloysius, I think you should go take a bath now if you want to come with us later,” Chanyeol said as he held onto his wet towel, drying his hair.

Aloysius tilted his head slightly to the left and asked, “Where are we going?”

“Seoul National University. Jiyeon, Luhan and… Well… All of us are going to enroll there. If you want to study then come with us,” Xiumin answered casually.

“Oh? Yeah, sure I’ll come. Just tell me when we’re going already, okay? I’ll go prepare then,” he smiled and headed up to his room to look for clothes that he would wear after taking a bath.

Sehun just came down when Aloysius entered his room. “Hyung, you wanted to tell me something about Aloysius?” he asked as he propped up his elbows on the kitchen table.

“Yeah, we saw Aloysius’s heart,” Xiumin answered blandly as if it wasn’t serious.

The younger one choked on his own saliva, not being able to process his thoughts. “Aloysius… Is a cyborg?” he asked and Xiumin just nodded. Sehun looked behind him and then back to Xiumin. “This is all SHL, isn’t it?” his tone sounded serious compared to how he spoke just a minute before.

“Yeah, I’ll explain it to you later. Aloysius is coming. Don’t sound unnatural,” Xiumin knocked from the side as he made Sehun face the young looking Aloysius.

Knowing that he had to act like he didn’t know, he acted the way he did before with Aloysius. But he was also very curious of Aloysius being a robot, so he patted the male’s shoulder, wondering if he would be able to feel any electricity or something. As expected, he did. “O-Oh… Hyung…  Um… Want to go play…?” he asked with a different look. He already knew the truth, so it was hard for him to act normal.

“Sure, I’ll go set up the play station,” he replied with a smile and went to the living room.

Sehun was about to collapse to the floor because of that electric feeling. His favorite ‘hyung’ was only half human. “Why is he…— Oh dear Lord! Does he still have his heart?” he asked with an appalled look, his hand in contact with his forehead.

“He doesn’t. But his heart is stored in a… Some kind of container in one of the science labs in the SHL building,” Xiumin answered casually. “It’s safe. For now. We need to make sure that it’s safe though. Unless you’re okay with living with the robot Aloy—“

“No!” Sehun cut him off so quickly. “I do not want to leave my favorite hyung this way!”

“I thought your favorite was Lu—“

“Listen hyung, if Aloysius will stay like this forever, then I’m going to shred SHL’s CEO into pieces. I’m serious about that,” he said in a scary tone.

Instead of being afraid like how normal people would react to such unexpected lines like those, Xiumin showed a simper. He felt happy over their youngest’s development in character. He used to be those innocent type of boys who would stay quiet and look like a good boy. But he was different then. 

Sehun got on his feet and walked to the living room where Aloysius was waiting for him to take the other play station console to start their usual game. He sat on the space beside Aloysius and started playing as if he never knew about Aloysius being half robot. He realized that he couldn’t beat Aloysius in any of their duels. Once he said that Aloysius was always winning, only then did he started to win their duels. A typical robot thing.

Luhan was walking down the stairs holding onto the tray of food that Jiyeon gave him. He left it in the kitchen and approached Sehun and Aloysius. “Hey, we’re going to Seoul National University later. Bathe soon, alright?” he informed them before going back up to his room.

Sehun and Aloysius only let out a ‘hm’. They were too immersed in their game. Junmyeon came down in a formal casual type of outfit. “Hey Sehun. And Aloysius. When in the world will you two drop the remote and start preparing huh?” he asked in an irritated tone. His arms crossed.

Aloysius ended the game by purposely losing to Sehun. He stood up and said, “I’ll go prepare now. Sehun, you should too.”

Junmyeon sighed to himself. If he didn’t do that they could’ve been continuing playing their game on their play station.

Sooner or later, all of them were dressed in formal casual looking outfit like Junmyeon. Jiyeon took a toast before leaving the house. Chanyeol was the one driving, like usual. Baekhyun was at the passenger seat while the rest were sitting at the back seat. They were actually in a van, so everyone fit in comfortable. Jiyeon, Aloysius and Luhan were sitting at the back. Jiyeon sitting in between them. Xiumin was just a seat in front of Luhan.

“Jiyeon ah…” Aloysius called out softly. When she turned to him, he continued, “I missed you a lot…” His face turned gentle and innocent.

Luhan saw what happened and noticed that Jiyeon was touched. Obviously. He grabbed Xiumin’s seat and exerted a lot of force. He badly wanted to let Jiyeon know that Aloysius wasn’t fully human. But he was afraid that she’s cry or even kill him if she finds out.

Breaking the silence in the van, Jongdae connected his phone to the car’s speaker and started playing upbeat music. It brightened up the aura in the house because everyone started singing and dancing on their seats. But Aloysius, Jiyeon and Luhan remained silent and emotionless. Xiumin tapped Jongdae’s shoulder. Using his eyes, he pointed to the three ‘stones’ at the back. While Jongdae pointed to the seat in front of them, where Jessica and Kyungsoo were having their moment. His arm around Jessica’s neck and she falling asleep. Yoona laughed at the situation in the van. It lasted a few minutes until Chanyeol parked the van and everyone got off.

“Nice school… We’re enrolling here?” Aloysius asked with his hands in his pocket and slightly leaning back.

“Yup. Let’s go? Everyone has their documents in their files, right?” Junmyeon asked before leading the group into the University.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were just behind Junmyeon, silently mimicking his actions and making fun of him. Once they entered the university, they were like small kids admiring each and every feature in the interior of the university. Junmyeon led them to the main office. They Aloysius and Sehun were the most childish ones. They even said hi to a student who passed by them.

Reaching the office, they all sat down on the couch where they would wait for any further instructions by the staff. Baekhyun and Chanyeol was staring at the small fountain just beside the couch while Kyungsoo and Xiumin were blankly staring at the clock. Yoona, Jessica and Jiyeon were both sharing stories while the rest were simply resting. Aloysius rested his hand on his forehead. His eyes slightly widened when he felt that his temperature was high.

“Am I overheating?” he thought to himself. Just after he felt his temperature, he sneezed. “I’m a robot… I shouldn’t get sick.”

“Aloysius! Aloysius! Jiyeon likes you!” Jessica and Yoona pushed her to him.

“What! No!” Jiyeon pulled back.

Luhan, again, saw their situation. Now instead of getting jealous, he laughed. It was the same exact thing that happened back then when they were kids. 



 AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Yes! I finally finished this chapter! Ughhhh.... Do you know how busy I wsa this week? Art lesson got me all grumpy. Cher said that if our drawing is not as good as his, he'll fail us! Omfg, I can't wait for mid year exams to end. It's coming in 3 weeks time! >_< Anyway, I wanted to know your opinion about the story. I scored a low review from a review shop, so I'd be lying if I'm still motivated to write this story. It stated that the problem was the whole plot. It wasn't unique. I'm worried that everyone thinks like that.. Sigh. Please do comment your opinions about my story..