Park Chanyeol and XiuHan

A Blessing In Disguise

Xiumin was treating Jiyeon like a baby. He fed her in bed and played with her. His heart was slowly opening up to her. On the other hand, Luhan was in the living room with Chanyeol and Jessica. They were brave enough to ask them if they could visit her house. Sipping a cup of coffee, Luhan leaned back on the couch and looked at both of them.

“Tell me… Why do you want to kill Jung Jiyeon? Plus… Why are you guys treating her this way if you want to kill her?” Chanyeol asked, trying to sound casual.

Luhan let out a laugh before he answered Chanyeol. “Who said we wanted her dead? We want her alive,” he placed his cup on the coffee table.

“Then why are you kidnapping her from us?” Jessica asked with a slight frown,

Luhan choked on his own saliva. He looked at her with an evil grin. “We kidnapped Jung Jiyeon? The 4-year-old kid who used to live right next to me? I don’t think so,” he said.

“Live… Live what? But… But how? She was… She was like the daughter of the agency?” Chanyeol asked with widened eyes.

“Man you’re stupid,” he muttered.

“You’re stupid too,” Xiumin butted in their conversation even if he was a meter away from the living room. He was going to wash the plate in the kitchen.

Luhan looked down and groaned. “I know hyung,” he replied sarcastically.  “Jung Jiyeon was kidnapped at the age of four. She used to be my neighbor, but we barely talked to each other. I was actually surprised when I saw her attending my school. You wouldn’t want to know about it. I bet you won’t even know about it. Because you won’t understand,” he elaborated.

“Tell us. Everything,” Chanyeol demanded.

“Watch it kiddo,” Xiumin said and froze a strand of his hair before climbing up the stairs to Jiyeon’s room.

“It’s a sorcerer’s school. Do you know about sorcerers?” Luhan asked.

Jessica’s eyes lit up. “Those magical weird creatures, right?” she looked at Luhan with a slight blank face.

The latter showed a straight look before he pointed to his own face and half yelled, “Do I look weird to you?”. He slumped back to his seat with a sigh. “Whatever. I don’t know much about Jung Jiyeon,” he lied. Chanyeol blew his fringe, knowing that Luhan was lying. Luhan noticed the ice slowly melting. Very slowly. He looked at Chanyeol’s face and smirked. The latter was confused why the boy gave him a smirk out of the blue.

Luhan’s face expression changed completely. “Well, why won’t you two stay for dinner?” he clasped his hands together with a smile on his face.

“Why so sudden…?” Jessica asked.

“I actually didn’t want to include you. But I guess it’d be rude. Well, see ya. I’ll just check on Xiumin’s princess,” he replied as he went up to her room.

Chanyeol’s eyes followed Luhan. He had a confused look as if he was trying to reminisce something. But he just couldn’t get the puzzle pieces together.  Meanwhile, in Jiyeon’s room, Xiumin and Luhan were staring at each other, sending each other messages telepathically. Jiyeon was staring at them, feeling left out. “Xiumin…” she tugged on his shirt weakly. The said boy immediately broke the telepathy between him and Luhan just to talk to Jiyeon.

Luhan sat at the edge of Jiyeon’s bed and said, “Hey, are you really going to treat me like this?”

“T-Treat you like what…?” she stuttered as she tightened her grip on Xiumin’s shirt.

“You’re scaring her, you dimwit,” Xiumin told Luhan.

Luhan sighed as he walked back to Jessica and Chanyeol. As he was walking back, he mumbled to himself, “I should’ve been nice to you if only I knew you were my Jung Jiyeon…”

Jiyeon asked Xiumin why Luhan acted somewhat strange. Instead of answering her question, Xiumin put his finger on his lips and made her shush. The girl pouted as she looked down. Xiumin laughed, “Were you using a cute attack on me?”

“What’s that…?” she asked as she looked back up at him.

He ruffled her hair and kissed her forehead. “Nothing important. Do you want to sleep in my room tonight?” he asked. When Jiyeon was about to nod her head, Luhan shouted from downstairs, “Xiumin hyung! She sleeps with me! I have something to tell her!”. Xiumin faced Jiyeon and pursed his lips. Luhan gave the command. He couldn’t do a thing anymore.

Time flew pass and Xiumin started to cook dinner for everyone. Jiyeon was clinging onto him the whole time, hugging him from behind. She felt somehow weak and tired ever since the day started. Jessica and Chanyeol were worried because to them, Luhan and Xiumin were dangerous. Xiumin would lean on her head, which was resting on his shoulder, at times, just to show his affections. Luhan was standing, leaning on the wall, watching the two have their moment. He was beyond annoyed. Jessica described it as jealous, and Luhan just told her to keep shut.

After the smell of Xiumin’s cooking filled the kitchen, it was finally time to eat. Jiyeon helped him place the food on the dining table before all of them started to dig in. “Chanyeol…” Jessica nudged his shoulder as she whispered. “Do you believe that Luhan and Xiumin didn’t purloin Jiyeon…?” she asked quietly. Chanyeol was so in to the food that he simply nodded his head and continued eating. Jessica wasn’t satisfied with his answer. The doorbell rang out of the blue. Xiumin feared that the same incident would happen if Jiyeon were to open the door. So he immediately got up and opened the door before Jiyeon could do so.

“Hey,” a boy greeted.

Xiumin smiled, “Oh, Kyungsoo! Go in, we have visitors.” He opened the door widely so that he could step in the house.

His arrival caught all of their attention, especially Jessica’s. He was the boy who deleted her whole contact list. Instead of being afraid, her temper took over and she confronted him. She stated that her lost parents’ contact was there and her tears started flowing down when she mentioned about her parents. Kyungsoo, with a stoic look, touched her phone with a finger and transported the numbers of her parents’.

“Oh my goodness, thank you!” she smiled and hugged him tightly.

Kyungsoo just stood there and looked at Xiumin. “What’s wrong with her?” he asked without a certain tone.

Jessica abruptly pulled back when she realized that he was a comrade to Xiumin and Luhan. Xiumin put an arm around Jiyeon while she ate, so that she could cool down a bit. She was quite traumatized of the incident that happened in the agency. Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol and saw the frozen strand of hair, melting. He turned to Xiumin who was smiling and using his eyes to point to Chanyeol. All of them soon stared at the said boy blankly. “What?” he asked and wiped his mouth with a handkerchief.

Jessica snatched it away from him because it actually belonged to her. Xiumin and Luhan said that they would tell him the next day since it was getting late. They made him promise to come and visit the next morning.

As soon as the two agents left, Kyungsoo had a discussion with Xiumin in the kitchen while Luhan dragged Jiyeon up to their room. He locked the door and made Jiyeon feel very anxious.

“Do you seriously not know?” he asked, slowly turning gentle. Jiyeon gulped before shaking her head sideways. Luhan sighed and hugged her. His eyes were filled with tears but he didn’t allow a single on to roll down his cheek. “I missed you so much…” he whispered. Jiyeon was obviously confused. She had no idea what struck Luhan to turn him like that. It felt different. She gathered up her courage to speak up and ask why he had missed her. A simple question like that made her use up all her courage. “Do you not remember me? I’m Luhan. Lulu! The annoying kid next door,” he pulled back within arm length and introduced himself.

“Lulu…?” Jiyeon repeated. Luhan nodded his head slowly. She tried remembering but all she got was sketchy memories. “Didn’t he… die…?” she mumbled.

Luhan couldn’t take it anymore. He cupped her cheeks and pulled her into a kiss. He missed her a whole lot and he regretted treating her badly the past few days. “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you back then…”


“Luhan!” a male voice echoed in the house.

Right after Xiumin let Chanyeol in the house, he started calling out to Luhan like a mad man. Luhan was still sleeping peacefully next to Jiyeon. She was wrapped in his embrace and Chanyeol actually saw them sleeping when he barged into the room.

“Hey! What in the world are you doing?” he shouted, causing Luhan to abruptly sit up. His hair was messy and he was shirtless. But he had his pants on. “Woah wait up. Did you…?” Chanyeol couldn’t hide his smile.

“Dirty minded,” Luhan said weakly. “I’ll be down in a minute,” he added before standing up and picking out a shirt.

Luhan woke Jiyeon up when Chanyeol finally got out of their room. The way he woke her up was different from the way he did a few days back. He kissed her forehead and said, “Good morning sunshine.” With sweet and simple words like that, Jiyeon’s eyes fluttered open. “Get up. Your stupid fellow agent is here,” he continued before giving her a peck on the lips.

Jiyeon laughed weakly. She knew it was Chanyeol. She slowly sat up and followed Luhan downstairs. An impatient Chanyeol was sitting on the couch. He was overly curious about why they wanted him to come over.

“Ok, simple as four words. You’re one of us,” Luhan stated while rubbing his eye, still showing some signs of sleepiness.

“What do you mean I’m one of you? I’m completely human! Not some… Whatever you call yourself,” Chanyeol replied with an unbelievable look.

“Is your hair still frozen?”

“No”

“Then you are a sorcerer. Xiumin’s ice never melt until he makes it melt,” Luhan said, rolling his eyes at the boy’s denial.

Chanyeol’s shocked face instantly turned to an anticipated look. “So does that mean I have powers?” he simpered.

“Yeah, it’s fire. Says so on your wrist,” Luhan answered. The clueless boy looked at his wrist which had a red tattoo with a symbol of fire and words written ‘Park Chanyeol | Power of Fire’. A short ‘woah’ escaped his lips as he stared at it. “Only you and other sorcerers can see that. It’s invisible to others,” Luhan elaborated.

“This… Is so cool. Does Jiyeon have it too?” Chanyeol looked at her.

“Hers was erased. By… Xiumin!” Luhan called out, not knowing the man's name..

“By a guy named Kim Junmyeon!” Xiumin shouted back from the kitchen.

“Suho hyung!” Chanyeol exclaimed. He looked at Luhan and continued, “He’s one of SHL’s scientists.”

“Oh, well then, blame him for making her lose her powers,” Luhan walked away and helped Xiumin cook breakfast for the three of them.

Chanyeol looked at Jiyeon who looked weaker than the day before. She was losing blood because of the microchips implanted inside of her by the agency. “Hang in there Jiyeon… We’re here for you…”


author's note ♦

Tell me if this chapter is good.
Because I think I wrote too much dialogues :/
Please do give me feedback in the comments
I love comments very much <3

By the way, if ever the story shows the word 'updated'
but there is no new chapter, I most likely edited some grammar errors
or typo or any other errors in the story :)


Oh yeah, the reason why I deleted a cover
is because I requested for a new one in a shop...
So... Yeah... Whatever XD
I hope you like it
Don't forget to comment! ^^