Fear & Bravery

A Blessing In Disguise

“Park Jiyeon!” a loud shout was heard coming from Jiyeon’s bedroom. Jessica’s face was bright red because of her. She had with Kyungsoo. “I do not like Do Kyungsoo!” she shouted once more.

Jiyeon stuck her tongue out before dashing out of the room, calling for Kyungsoo repeatedly. “Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo!” I have something to tell you!” she exclaimed, dragging the boy away from Jessica. “Jessica likes you!”

Catching up. Jessica pulled Jiyeon to her and denied, “I don’t! Don’t believe Jiyeon!”

“Oh that’s too bad. Our Kyungsoo is heartbroken,” Jongin put his arm around Kyungsoo and laughed. He also knew that Kyungsoo had feelings for Jessica. It’s just that he was too good to be caught by anyone.

“Shut up Kim Jongin,” Kyungsoo muttered as he walked away.

Jessica was left astonished. Did he really like her back? Jiyeon and Jongin gave each other a high five and walked over to the rest. Jessica trailed behind them, still thinking about Kyungsoo. “Hey Lulu~ what did I miss?” Jiyeon asked, placing a peck on Luhan’s cheek.

Luhan ruffled her hair and answered, “Nothing much. Jongdae said that Baekhyun is coming back to complete his mission. That is… To kill me.”

Jiyeon nodded in comprehension and started listening to Junmyeon and Jongdae’s verbal fight. Indeed, those two hated each other just because of one childish reason. They couldn’t get into their desired division. Jiyeon noticed that the two of them didn’t fight physically or chase each other around the house like what Luhan and Jongdae did.

“I’m hungry,” Jiyeon stated, looking down at her stomach with her hand placed over it. Her tummy growled due to hunger. There were still a few microchips in her body, so she loses her digested food and blood quite fast.

“Do you want me to cook for you?” Xiumin asked, getting up from his seat.

“Yeah… Please do,” Jiyeon answered.

Luhan was worried of Jiyeon. It was his fault that he couldn’t protect Jiyeon when they were small. Because of him, she got kidnapped all of a sudden. He was one of the causes why Jiyeon got in SHL. He made Jiyeon lean on his shoulder as he slowly petted her hair. He placed a kiss on her forehead and said, “I love you Jiyeon… I’m sorry for…—“

“It’s okay Luhan… You don’t have to apologize for that,” she smiled and hugged him.

Jessica was watching the two of them. She had an envious look on her face. How she wished that she and Kyungsoo were like that. Kai mumbled words to Kyungsoo’s ear that it made the boy groan and give up. Kyungsoo approached Jessica quietly and put his arm around her.

“You jealous?” he spoke. Jessica’s heart pounded rapidly. She was having contact with Kyungsoo. Moreover, he spoke to her. It made her blush deep red and Kyungsoo could see it clearly. “You’re red,” he said.

Those two words made Jessica cover her cheeks immediately and look away. She said that it was too much for her. Jiyeon looked over to Jessica and a smirk was formed on her face.

“I ship!” Jiyeon teased.

“Last long,” Luhan continued.

They both laughed when Jessica got angry with them. The happy aura died almost instantly when Jongdae’s phone began ringing. Fishing out his phone from his pocket, Jongdae answered the incoming call.

“Oh, yes Mr. Lim”

Those were the first words that came out of his mouth when he answered the call. It caused everyone in the room to keep quiet. Jongdae slowly brought down his phone and put it on speaker mode to let everyone hear what Mr. Lim had to say.

“My men are all ready. You can bring Jung Jiyeon over now. Bring along Chanyeol and Jessica too. I have to erase their memory again,” Mr. Lim said across the line. “Oh yeah, Junmyeon’s there, right? Ask him to help you,” he added.

Xiumin, who had just came in after cooking breakfast, clenched his fists and ran out of the house. He wanted Jiyeon, but he didn’t want her memory erased again. Jumping onto his hover board, he raced to SHL’s headquarters.

“Jongdae? Are you still— What in the name!”

“Don’t touch my Jung Jiyeon!” an angry voice of Xiumin was heard in the background. Just by hearing his voice, everyone could tell that he was raging. He definitely lost control of himself. Someone needed to stop him. He had the ability to kill everyone in the building with one blink of an eye.

While listening worriedly, one certain voice sent chills down their spines. It was his voice. Hearing his voice, a painful shout from Xiumin was heard afterwards. Jiyeon was wondering who it was, but then she remembered. Byun Baekhyun.

“Why are you siding the bad side, huh?” Baekhyun’s voice was heard from the phone, followed by a light beam being frozen by —most likely— Xiumin. “It disgusts me to see people like you… I’ll make you experience the pain that you made me feel… 3 months ago…” he spoke.


Jessica went to the nearest computer while Jiyeon and Chanyeol got on their hover boards and headed straight to SHL Headquarters. Setting up the computer, the rest of them were gathering around her, except Luhan. He was following Jiyeon and Chanyeol to make sure that she was safe.

“All systems good?” Jiyeon asked.

Jessica clicked the mouse and said, “All systems good. Byun Baekhyun and Kim Minseok are at basement seven. The second floor is a wreck. You two better hurry.” Her hands were zooming in and swiping the holographic screen to check on the agency. “I didn’t know Baekhyun was one of you guys…” she muttered.

 “Baekhyun was the troublemaker in the academy,” Jongin chuckled. “He used to get in trouble along with Chanyeol when we were young,” he added.

 

Swiping down with her index finger and middle finger, the usual chime was heard followed by the appearance of the three holographic circles. Jiyeon pressed the ‘Mission’ circle and received the note that Jessica has made. After reading the mission, she increased the speed of her hover board. Chanyeol and Luhan did the same to catch up with her.

“Jiyeon! Jung Jiyeon!” Chanyeol shouted. She was going too fast that neither of them could catch up with her. Jiyeon was worried. She was worried about Xiumin. Reminiscing her memories, she could remember how strong he was back when they were still classmates. He must’ve grown stronger. It scares her. She didn’t want to see an injured Xiumin.

Arriving at the agency, Jessica sent them a voice message. “Xiumin and Baekhyun moved up to basement two. You guys better be careful. Basement one is as wrecked as basement seven. You wouldn’t want to see the second floor. I believe that it looks like hell by now,” she spoke.

Jiyeon stepped down from her hover board and ran inside the building. Using her pistols, she shot several time on the floor, forming a circle. She stepped on it and fell down to basement two. Stealing a quick glance of basement one, it was really intolerable to look at. She landed in between Baekhyun and Xiumin. Aiming her pistol directly on Baekhyun’s forehead, she said, “What do you think you’re doing to Xiumin?” Her eye color changed instantly after she blinked. Again, it changed from brown to red.

“What are you doing?” Baekhyun emphasized the ‘you’. He couldn’t believe SHL’s best agent would be siding their opponent. “Look at what he did to our home! SHL Headquarters wouldn’t be such a mess if this guy didn’t come here and start damaging the whole building!” he added.

“This isn’t home Baekhyun, this is hell. Haven’t you realized that?” she replied, tagging with a question.

Baekhyun let out a sharp sigh. With a smirk pasted on his face, he said, “This guys must’ve erased your memory.”

“More like, helped me regain my memory,” she answered.

Baekhyun couldn’t continue on with Jiyeon. He didn’t hesitate to shoot a white light beam towards her. He was appalled to see her hands absorbing his light beam and being returned back to him. He swiftly dodged it by tumbling on the hard ground.

Xiumin exerted some frost and made Jiyeon absorb it. Jiyeon quickly ran to Baekhyun and froze his body onto the ground. Hovering on top of him, she aimed his gun on his head once more.

“Tell me Baekhyun, is this home?” she asked, using her guns as a threat. Her pinkie finger was about to pull the trigger. She wasn’t hesitating to kill Baekhyun. She wanted to kill Baekhyun for hurting Xiumin.

Xiumin pulled her away and hugged her tightly. She struggled to break free but his hug was so tight, she couldn’t escape it. “No. I don’t want you to be a killer… Please Jiyeon…” he whispered into her ear.

Baekhyun stood back up weakly. Scanning through his body, Xiumin was sure that the microchip was broken. He wasn’t being controlled anymore. “Hyung…?” He called out in a weak tone. Squinting his eyes, he realized how much wounds there were on Xiumin’s skin. “Hyung!” he exclaimed, rushing to him. “Did I do this to you? I’m so sorry!” he apologized. Xiumin let go of Jiyeon and patted Baekhyun’s head, telling him that it was alright.

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yes, I’m sure…”

Jiyeon calmed down a few moments afterwards. Luhan and Chanyeol ran in with appalled looks. “Bad news guys. Jessica just told me that Mr. Lim escaped,” Chanyeol stated. “Do you have any idea where he would be?”

Baekhyun frowned. in a large amount of air, he said, “Mr. Lim never did that before… You guys should’ve stopped him a long time ago. Not now when Jiyeon’s life is critical.” He turned to Jiyeon with a face that said ‘unbelievable’. “I can’t believe she can still do those skills despite those killer microchips in her body,” he added.

Luhan walked over to her side and said, “Jongdae said that a while ago. Or I think it was Junmyeon.”

“Hm? Those two are with you?” he asked, astonished. “I never thought those two would actually give in so soon.”

“Guys. You better rush Jiyeon back to the house. She’s losing a lot of blood,” Jessica told all five of them through a voice message.

Luhan looked at Jiyeon’s face and saw how pale she was. He wasn’t the only one who was worried. The four boys ran out of the building and got on their hover boards. Chanyeol and Baekhyun may not be the closest ones to Jiyeon, but they still cared for her like family. It’s a sorcerer kind of thing.

"Jessica. Does Junmyeon know how to heal anaemia temporarily?" Luhan asked frantically. Xiumin was grunting as he struggled to carry Jiyeon's heavy body while they hurried back to her house.

Junmyeon went over to her side and answered for her instead. Hearing that he was able to, Xiumin didn't hesitate to surpass the safe speed of his hover board. He was speeding up to 190 kilometers per hour. There was no time to waste.

Xiumin staggered inside the house. Luhan ran to the kitchen to get some water. Chanyeol was helping out Jessica distinguish the health matter. While Baekhyun was dealing with the rest. Junmyeon rushed to Xiumin and started removing Jiyeon's shirt.

"What in the world are you doing!" Xiumin exclaimed with an angry tone. He had enough anger for that day.

Junmyeon didn't tear his eyes off of Jiyeon but still replied to Xiumin. "She's not my type. Don't worry. If you want her healed, give me your trust," he answered. Taking out his injection, he told Xiumin, "The largest microchip is... It's actually a nano chip. It's placed in the heart. In the heart. Do you think you can freeze it?"

Xiumin thought about it thoroughly while Junmyeon was injecting some blood at her stomach. He bit his lower lip till it turned red. Facing Jiyeon he slowly aligned his hand with her chest. “Hey princess…” he caressed her cheeks.

Jiyeon’s eyes were clouding. She was scared of what would happen. She was scared for her life. She held his wrist weakly and said, “Xiumin… I’m scared…”

“Just… Trust me,” he replied, leaning closer, closing the gap between them. As their lips made contact with each other, his hand started to freeze the nano chip in her heart. His movements were gentler than ever. One thing he would never want to do was to hurt Jiyeon intentionally.

Luhan was watching Xiumin as he saved his girlfriend. He knew that Jiyeon was his, but it felt like she was slowly disappearing from his life. “Doesn’t matter. What matters is her life. I don’t want her dead,” he thought.

The rest were quietly watching Xiumin and Jiyeon. She was completely relaxed because of the kiss that they were sharing. “Can you hear me?” Xiumin asked her mentally.

“Yeah… How do you–“

“Just quiet down, I want you to stop breathing,” he thought to her firmly.

Jiyeon was appalled to hear those words from Xiumin mentally. But what other choice could she take? Giving in to him, she stopped breathing completely. Xiumin’s frost was moving fast in her circulatory system, and in a split second, it sliced into her heart.


author's note ♦

I know I've been updating really slowly
I hope that my updating time won't affect your interest in the story >_<
My laptop has parental controls and it's been lagging
I'm truly sorry. But, I found out a way where I can write even if I'm not on laptop
I'll just write it in notes then paste it in my Microsoft Word
I'll do my best to update!
Have a good day ahead everyone!
I shower my love to the people who support my story despite my slow updates >_<