Break In

A Blessing In Disguise

Everyone was gathered in the dining room, observing their guest. No one could believe that he was alive. Living. Breathing. Visible. Jiyeon was the one who was the most shocked. She was the most affected before when she lost him, now she’s the most affected when he came back… To life. Somehow.

“Aloysius…” Jiyeon called out in a quiet tone.

The male stopped slurping on his ramyun and stared into her eyes. His facial expression was rather sweet and lovely to look at. She slowly took a deep breath and asked, “Is that really you…?”

“Yes, of course”


The glass container then slid back to its specific position at the shelf on its own when Professor Zhnag pressed that one button. Inside the container was a human organ with a certain liquid substance. There was a label just above the blue button that Professor Zhang had pressed. It said there ‘Heart of Aloysius Lee’.

At the other side of the room, Zhang Yixing was sitting on his comfy chair, on the call with Mr Lim, while doing some research on his computer.

“Yes sir. I believe that disguising as a school principal would definitely make them lose track of you,” Yixing replied as he kept the phone on his ear using his shoulder. It wasn’t a very comfortable position.

“Alright then. I’ll go find a school and I’ll be the new principal in no time. Definitely the safest thing to do right now,” Mr Lim said across the line. Heaving a sigh, he continued, “Well, I’ll go get going. Good luck on your research Professor Zhang.” With that, he hung up the call.


“Hyung!” Sehun called out for Aloysius. Being the youngest, he was the person within the group who loved playing games the most. Also, he missed playing with his dear big brother. “Do you want to play Asphalt 8?”

“Sure Hun,” he smiled and sat on the space beside Sehun on the couch in the living room.

“Gege ~ ” Jiyeon walked up to him and sat on his lap gently. “I missed you so much!” she hugged him with a genuine smile on her face. She really did.

Meanwhile, Luhan was slicing the tomatoes on the kitchen table. As he watched Jiyeon be overly affectionate towards Aloysius, his strength increased. He wouldn’t have noticed that he was cutting through the table until Xiumin had told him.

“Hey Luhan, do you want to rest a bit?” he asked, stopping Luhan from damaging the table any longer.

Luhan sighed and walked away from the kitchen. Knowing that Xiumin was a good cook, he, himself, wanted Xiumin to cook for them. He threw his body on his bed. As he stared at the ceiling, Kyungsoo blocked his vision using his head.

“Hey Luhan,” he smiled slightly.

The latter sat up and looked at Kyungsoo blankly. “Why are you here so suddenly?” he asked, not expecting his presence.

“I bet you’re jealous of Aloysius. You know that he used to be her boy best friend. They were so close that they treated each other as siblings. But I guess it’s understandable. I mean, she is your girlfriend, right?” Kyungsoo talked to him, attempting to calm his insides.

Luhan nodded and said, “I’m guessing you and Jessica are going well. Good for you.”

“Junmyeon hyung seems to be close with her…” Kyungsoo muttered.

Interrupting their conversation was Chanyeol. He walked in the room with an appalled look. He sat on the floor and said, “Do you really believe that Aloysius is back? His touches and skin is warm, yes. But I got electrocuted when our forearms accidentally touched!”

“It may be just static electricity Chanyeol. You know that the floors in this house are covered with carpets,” Kyungsoo stated.

However, Chanyeol shook his head and added, “That’s not just it. When he held my wrist — because he wanted to guide me on how to slice the onions — I felt some kind of buzz on his hand. You know, those electricity stuff.”

“You know what? I have a bad feeling that SHL is behind all this again. Wanna break in later?” Luhan showed a simper.

Hearing that, the other two boys smirked and agreed with the idea. Of course, they weren’t going without Xiumin. Luhan dashed out of the room and approached Xiumin in an anticipated kind of look. He told the older their plan and with no hesitation, he agreed to be part of it. They were going to break in that night.

Walking back to the living room, Luhan stared impassively at Aloysius and Jiyeon. She was sitting on his lap while he was holding onto the play station remote, battling with Sehun, so his arms were surrounding Jiyeon. Letting out a sigh, he walked up to his room quietly.

Luhan was the only guy in Jiyeon’s heart. So his silent sigh was very loud to her ears. She told Aloysius that she’d be back just to go up after Luhan. She didn’t bother knocking and just barged in. There lied Luhan, face on pillow. Jiyeon pursed her lips as she slowly came to him and hugged him lovingly.

“Are you okay…?” she asked, his hair gently.

Luhan looked at her and asked, “Do you like Aloysius?”

“No, I just missed him. You know… It’s been years since I… saw him die before my eyes. Looks like I didn’t saw it clearly…” she said. “Don’t be jealous, okay?” Jiyeon planted a kiss on his cheek and lied down on top of him.

Luhan hugged her back and started petting her head while she was on top of him with her eyes closed, wanting to fall asleep. He was thinking wether he should tell her about them knowing that something was wrong with Aloysius or not. In the end, he decided not to. Besides, Jiyeon needed Aloysius at that moment. She was traumatized before too. Eventually, his girlfriend fell asleep peacefully in his arms. That moment of they shared already made Luhan feel at ease and happy.

“I love you…” he whispered before kissing her forehead.

His kiss was followed by a cute Jiyeon snuggling closer to him. The door swung open out of the blue, showing Xiumin. He wasn’t affected by their current position because to him, what matters was Jiyeon’s health and safety. Plus, he already prepared himself for the worst. So, like his normal self, he used gestures and his facial expression to tell Luhan that they should go execute their plan already.

Luhan slowly and carefully laid Jiyeon on their bed before getting up and walking out of the room with Xiumin. As soon as he closed the door, the two of them were walking down the hall to get out of the house.

“Everyone’s asleep now. Sehun and Aloysius are in their bedroom too. Asleep. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol are in the car waiting for us. I told Jongin to stay back and keep an eye on the rest. Especially the girls. They’re helpless,” Xiumin stated as they walked side by side in a quick pace.

Luhan frowned slightly, not looking at Xiumin, he said, “Jiyeon isn’t helpless…”

“Okay, I stand corrected. But how about Jessica and Yoona?” Xiumin added.

Luhan tilted his head faintly and said, “Touché”

They closed the main door silently and quickly got into the orange Lamborghini. Chanyeol started the car and drove off. “Wooh! Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4. I swear, Jiyeon has good taste in cars man~” Chanyeol grinned as he drove in a very fast speed professionally.

“I agree with you,” Xiumin commented.

Unknown to them, a boy was tailing them behind on his white, yellow highlighted hover board. He kept a close distance to the four, but made sure not to spotted by them.

The journey to the SHL Headquarters, which was then wrecked, was rather quiet and short. Because of Chanyeol’s fast driving, they arrived really quickly. As expected, the first floor, second floor and the other basements were under construction. As the four stepped out of the car, they noticed the familiar presence behind them. The guy who tailed them.

Chanyeol turned around and his eyes widened as soon as he recognized who it was. “What are you doing here bacon!” he exclaimed.

Baekhyun shut him up by shooting a light beam just next to his face and said, “Keep quiet giant! I wasn’t going to stay at home and be babysat by Kai the whole night. I’m coming with you.”

The rest kept quiet about it and walked into the building silently. A pair of heavy feet running towards them were so audible that Baekhyun was fast and accurate enough to shoot a light beam towards the male’s face. He was a guard. What a failure. Without any other interruptions, the five of them entered the SHL Headquarters. Once they got in, they decided to split up in two teams. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were in one team while Xiumin and Luhan in another. It’d be faster that way. Moreover, it’ll be easy to contact each other because of their ability to speak telepathically.

Luhan and Xiumin went to the main office. Where Mr Lim used to be. Of course, they weren’t able to get in through the security system. So Luhan used telekinesis to pull the strings and in no time, they were in.

On the other hand, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were at the laboratories. They just got out of Junmyeon’s lab and were then heading to the other one, Yixing’s. Professor Zhang was already home at that moment, so they came in a perfect timing. When they were in, all three of them were scattered around the laboratory. It also looked somehow like an office.


“Hey Xiumin… Check this out,” Luhan gestured him to come over while sitting on Mr Lim’s office chair.

The older went over and looked at the computer screen, where Luhan was also looking at. There they saw a conversation between Mr Lim and the current principal of the National University of Seoul. There was also another window where it showed the University’s school website. Their conversation was not good. Not at all. Luhan and Xiumin couldn’t agree more. They had to step foot in that university.

The principal of the National University Of Seoul stated in his message, “It’s settled then. You may start on your role being the principal this Sunday. I thank you for giving me this rest after such a long time. I’ll tell the students to make a welcoming event for you on Monday, when all the students are in school. That’s about it.”


The other team wasn’t in a good spirit either. On Yixing’s table was  copper wires and blood. Baekhyun was having a mental breakdown because — now that the microchip was no longer in control of him — his true self had appeared. Baekhyun was scared of blood.  Because of his fear, he backed away from the table and went over to an area far away from it. He was facing a shelf, and what he saw didn’t help his condition. He saw Aloysius’s heart.

The rest noticed his shocked state quickly because his shivering and mumbling of fear died in a split second. Kyungsoo was the second one to see the horrifying item on the shelf. Aloysius wasn’t a robot. He was human… who has been appallingly converted into a cyborg.

“We gotta get out now. I have loads to tell you,” Luhan sent a telepathic message to the rest.

Hearing that, all five of them rushed out of the building without any trouble dealing with the security and all the other agents. The jumped out of the building through the tall glass windows and got into the car at the same time.

“Luhan, we found something… Creepy about Aloysius,” Baekhyun said with his elbow propped on the car door.

“What about him? That he’s really an android that the agency replicated? That’s pretty obvious,” Luhan responded, his eyes fixed on the road.

“No…”

“Then what?”

“They turned Aloysius to a cyborg. We saw his heart.”



AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter ✌︎  So... Technically, Aloysius isn't a robot. He's a human who Lay had some stuff going on... Oh wait, that sounds wrong... Ah never mind. Aloysius was a human but some of his organs and body parts has been changed to machinery. So he'd considered as a cyborg. Half human, half robot and all that. I got this idea from the story Robot Boyfriend : Insanity Level 1000. Anyways, don't forget to comment! Love lots! ♡