Lost One, Gained Two

A Blessing In Disguise

The sound of a gunshot was heard loud and clear. Blood burst out of the man’s body as he fell onto the cold ground unconsciously.  The female twirled her two black guns with her hands before putting them back to her sheathes. She crouched down and gave the man a last hit on the neck

“That was some moves you got there darling. Too bad it was useless,” she whispered before standing back up and walking back to her red Lamborghini.

“What a day…” she mumbled softly to herself. Right after she slammed the car door shut, her phone began to ring incoherently. She groaned as she answered the call using voice command.

“What is it you want Terence?” she asked bluntly, not interested in talking at the moment. Her tone always sounded cold whenever she was on a mission.

Terence chuckled across the line and said, “I just wanted to know how my best friend is doing. Is that a problem?” He was looking out the window, staring at the beautiful afternoon city view.

Jiyeon started her car while Terence was speaking. “I just finished my last mission. Is that enough?” she asked while her eyes were fixed to the road. Her driving skills were very impressive for a female.

“That means that you’re heading back to the headquarters, right?” Terence wanted to make sure if he was correct. He bit his lips in nervousnes, wishing that she really would come back.

She turned the steering wheel to the left and said, “I am, why? I don’t have any other missions anyway.”

Terence flashed a bright smile and blurted out, “Great! I’ll see you at Namsan later at 8pm, okay? You better be there.” With that, he hung up and looked for a proper outfit to wear later that evening.

The girl was taken aback at Terence’s sudden response but let out a soft chuckle after he had ended the call. She parked her car at the private car park and took the file of documents before entering the building headquarters of SHL Secret Agency.

With the file gripped in her hand, she took the lift up to the seventh floor. The elevator ride was rather quiet despite the fact that other agents surrounded her. She dismounted from the lift and walked towards the president’s office. The hallway was really long and the height was very tall. She stopped walking when she had reached the end of the hallway. She placed her thumb on the fingerprint scanner and the two large metal doors slid open for her to enter.

“Oh! Agent Jung Jiyeon, you’re back!” the president greeted her with his hands clasped together. His smile looked different from when he greeted her the first time she was assigned to a mission.

She bowed slightly before laying down the file on his desk and taking a step back. Even though she killed 16 criminals in 7 different missions, her tucked white long sleeves were still neat and her black miniskirt still looked neatly ironed. It looked like she was a normal student, coming home from school.

“All 7 missions have been completed Mr. Lim,” she stated firmly as she looked straight into his eyes daringly. Jiyeon was the only secret agent that had the guts to look at their president in the eye.

“Ah, I see. Alright then,” he placed the files in his black drawer. Before Jiyeon could exit the room, Mr. Lim stopped her. “Agent Jung Jiyeon, a mission was brought up here for you earlier this morning. Do you think you can complete it by the end of the day?” he asked.

“I’m sorry Mr. Lim but—“

She was cut off by a video that started playing out of the blue on the TV at the corner of the room. Her eyes were glued to the large screen. Horrified ones replaced that pair of emotionless eyes. The video showed her best friend, Terence, being murdered by two of her fellow agents. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists, extremely angry with the two agents.

“I think the date has been cancelled,” Mr. Lim commented with an emotionless look. “Come closer Agent Jiyeon,” he gestured her to move forward. He then passed the red file to her and said, “I know that one of my agents has done this mission a few months back. But unfortunately, he failed. That’s why I’m letting my top secret agent, you, to complete the mission.” Simply finding out what weapon those two boys used would be very helpful to the secret agency already.

Jiyeon answered with a soft ‘yes sir’ while her head hung low. She was very devastated of her loss. Terence was her best friend, her only friend. He was like the world to her. Plus, she ignored her feelings for him. Jiyeon went in her car and cried all her tears out. She regretted not spending too much time on Terence. She regretted for being cold to him. She regretted for ignoring her own growing feelings.  Her best friend, partner and crush, died, just a few moments before. Her neat clothes were soaked with her tears.

Jiyeon remembered when she was first assigned on a mission with Terence. She instantly caught his eye but she was too focused on completing the mission that she barely paid attention to Terence.  In the midst of flashing back memories, two boys sat on her car’s bumper comfortably.

“Oh? It’s Jung Jiyeon!” said the boy in brown hair with a cute and innocent smile pasted on his baby face. He waved his hand in a childish way at Jiyeon.

His friend, who was sitting beside him, stared at the girl’s eyes and muttered, “She’s not in the mood, Minseok. Let her be…”

The latter pouted and argued, “Lu Ge! I told you to call me Xiumin!”

“Fine. Xiumin,” the male rolled his eyes.

“But Luhan hyung—“

“I’m younger.”

“Lu Ge,” Xiumin turned to him and continued, “I want to see her skills. Can we let her battle?”

Luhan sighed before opening her car’s door and said, “Get off. Let’s have a duel.”

Jiyeon was utterly confused of the male’s sudden order. But nonetheless, she stepped out of her car and got ready for a battle that he asked for. Luhan stated that she should battle Xiumin, since she was no match for Luhan.

Jiyeon took her two pistols and held it upside down, like how she always does. Her pinkies on the triggers, ready to shoot. She slightly raised her left eyebrow, wondering why Xiumin was just standing there without any single weapon with him. Not caring any longer, the girl pulled both the triggers. Xiumin snapped his finger, and in a split second, her bullets were frozen to ice and they began to drop down to the ground.

“What the…” she mumbled to herself, not able to process how her bullets suddenly froze to ice.

Xiumin smirked as he directed his open palm at her and froze her lower part of the body. He walked up to her while pretending to dust off dirt from his hands and said, “Well that was easy. But, your bullets were travelling approximately 2 000 miles per hour. I didn’t expect that. It’s usually 1 563 miles per hour… Impressive.”

Luhan approached the two of them and stated, “Since you lost, you’ll be our hostage. You get me honey?” His hand was placed on Jiyeon’s chin, making sure that she was looking straight into his eyes.

Jiyeon gulped down her nervousness. She looked back at Xiumin and saw the male smiling like a child. She closed her eyes, trying to empty her thoughts until it came to her. Xiumin and Luhan were the two boys she ought to kill for the mission. She struggled to break free from the ice. Xiumin frowned cutely and said that she was strong. He could feel the ice slightly breaking, very slightly. Luhan ordered Xiumin to remove the ice. In an instant, the ice shattered into tiny small pieces. As soon as the ice was gone, Luhan controlled Jiyeon, which stopped her from moving. She looked frozen when Luhan was just controlling her.

“Move one more time and I’ll crush you missy,” Luhan threatened.

Xiumin looked really sorry for Jiyeon, which made her wonder what goes through the boy’s mind. Luhan and Xiumin entered her car. Xiumin was to drive them to their home because he was older, which shocked Jiyeon. Xiumin definitely looked younger than Luhan.

Luhan released her when they were in the car. Jiyeon was about to shoot Luhan until the bullets started floating out of her gun. Instead of freezing once again, she admired her floating bullets.

“We’re here!” Xiumin exclaimed with a bright smile on his face. He escorted Jiyeon out of the car like a gentleman since Luhan just left her in the car. “Are you okay Jiyeon ah?” he asked politely. The girl nodded her head slightly, still trying her best to process what kind of people were Xiumin and Luhan.

Luhan entered her house without asking for Jiyeon’s permission. Jiyeon was getting dizzy after so much thinking, so Xiumin swept her off her feet and carried her into her house. “Princess Jiyeon! Where shall we go, hm?” he asked playfully.

That made her slightly laugh. “Bring me to my room please,” she answered in a gentle voice. Luhan, who was sitting at the couch silently listening to them, mumbled to himself that Jiyeon was two faced. She looked very serious when she was on missions. But then when she was with Xiumin, an innocent Jiyeon appeared.

Xiumin carried Jiyeon all the way to her room. She laid her gently on her bed and said, “My Princess, we have arrived in your room. Do you want something to eat? You haven’t ate the whole day because of your missions…”

“Aren’t I supposed to be your…” Her eyes looked over to Luhan who had just entered the room. “… Hostage?” she finished her question.

Before Xiumin could blurt out his answer, Luhan spoke up. “You are. But we need you alive,” he stated, and walked out of the room, down the kitchen to make food for her.

Xiumin exchanged gazes with Jiyeon and smiled innocently. She was looking for the Xiumin that she had met a few moments ago during the battle. Jiyeon slowly pulled her gun out. Without even looking, the male in front of her froze her hands. She cried in pain due to the ice’s cold temperature. Xiumin apologized incoherently as he slowly removed the gun from her hands along with the ice. A hateful frown was shown on Jiyeon’s face. Xiumin was looking at her blankly. He slowly rested his forehead on hers and whispered, “Jiyeon ah… Smile.” His voice sounded so gentle, so sweet, that Jiyeon blushed a deep shade of red. She couldn’t help but to smile when she heard him whisper those two gentle words. Just when the two was getting immersed in the moment, Luhan slammed the door opened and called the two of them to go downstairs to eat. He was the cause of Xiumin and Jiyeon’s sudden pull back. The awkward aura engulfed them and they avoided each other’s gazes.

Luhan rolled his eyes at the two and headed down first, not wanting to see any more romance. Xiumin gulped before gathering up all his courage to carry her downstairs and act like nothing had happened. Jiyeon was still blushing madly. The three of them sat in one table and ate the food that Luhan cooked for them.  None of them spoke a single word and just ate quietly. The oldest, Xiumin, couldn’t stay silent any longer. He turned to Jiyeon and tried feeding her. Luhan looked away while Jiyeon ate the food from the spoon that Xiumin brought up.

“Xiumin hyung, do you mind?” Luhan complained with a frown. He hated seeing romantic sights. Luhan glanced at Jiyeon who was avoiding eye contact with either of the two boys. “Hey,” he called out, causing Jiyeon to look at him. His eyes looked back at Xiumin sharply and said, “You’re sleeping with me.”

When Luhan told her that she’d be sleeping with him, Jiyeon’s eyes widened in shock. She stuttered, “B-But why? C-Can’t I sleep with Xiumin instead…?” she gulped down her fear. Jiyeon was obviously afraid of Luhan since they met. He was the one who took out the bullets out of her gun without even touching the weapon itself. Her guns were with Xiumin and she wasn’t armed. Jiyeon was always fearful when her two gun pistols weren’t with her.

“You and Xiumin are close. I think. I can’t allow you two to share one room,” Luhan stated while glaring at Xiumin. Despite being younger, his mind is more matured compared to Xiumin’s, so he’s usually the person in charge. He looked very strict at the moment, which made Xiumin look at him in a peculiarly weird way.

Xiumin stared at Luhan and thought, “Didn’t you say, you like her? What’s with the strict attitude?” Before they met her, the two boys actually researched about her. Luhan even said that he’s interested in her. Because of that, Xiumin was wondering why he suddenly changed his attitude.

Luhan sighed as he replied in his thoughts, “She’s too much. Like, seriously. Why is she so attached to the agency?

Calm down… We’ll get her out soon,” Xiumin thought, and their conversation ended there.


author's note   ♦

Here's the first chapter :)
I wish all of you liked it
The next chapter is already written...
But I'll unhide it when the following chapter is ready
I planned the whole story already
It's my first time working this hard for a story
So I wish you guys would like it :)