Chapter 9

Time For Goodbye

“Come in.” Mrs. Lee said when someone knocked on her office door. She was going over some papers for the new branch she will be opening in Japan.

 

Her secretary walked in and bowed. “Mrs. Lee, there is a young man with the name of Lee Donghae.” Mrs. Lee stopped writing as soon as she heard the name her secretary said. “He said he needs to speak to you about your son.”

 

Mrs. Lee smiled and instructed her secretary to let Donghae in. She already expected her son’s boyfriend would come and talk to her. She didn’t really like the fact that her only son was gay but she wasn’t against it either. It wasn’t her intention to separate the two; she only wanted what was best for her son. Sending Hyukjae to Japan was to insure his future.

 

Donghae walked in and bowed to Mrs. Lee. “What may I do for you, Mr. Lee Donghae?”

 

“Ma’am I came to talk about your son.” Donghae said in a firm voice.

 

Mrs. Lee nodded and offered the brunette to take a seat. Donghae took a seat in front of Mrs. Lee’s desk. “So what do you need to say?”

 

“Please don’t send Hyukjae to Japan.” Donghae said. “I know you don’t approve of us dating, but I love your son and I can’t be without him.”

 

Hyukjae’s mother smiled at Donghae’s words. It was true that she didn’t want to accept the fact that her only son was gay, but seeing how much Donghae cared for him, she accepted Donghae as Hyukjae’s boyfriend. It wasn’t her intention to separate them only to insure Hyukjae’s future. This was good for both Hyukjae and Donghae.

 

“Donghae, I know you love my son and I know how much Hyukjae loves you. I don’t want to keep you two away from each other. I don’t like the fact that my son is dating another guy but I accept you.” Mrs. Lee said and smiled at Donghae the sweetest smile she could manage. “All I want is for Hyukjae to take responsibility. I only want him to go to Japan to establish the new branch and then he can come back to Seoul.”

 

The brunette’s eyes sparkled when he heard that Hyukjae’s mother was approving on them being together. They had been trying to make her accept their relationship since they started dating. “You really mean it?”

 

“Yes Donghae. I promise Hyukjae can come back to Seoul in a couple of months. If you like you could transfer to a college in Japan, I’ll pay for everything.” Mrs. Lee offered.

 

Donghae couldn’t be any happier. He had a chance to go to Japan with his Hyukkie and not have to leave school. “Thanks, but I can probably pay for college Mrs. Lee.”

 

“Call me mom, I don’t think Hyukjae will be leaving you or you will be leaving him, so let’s just start addressing each other as family.” Hyukjae’s mom said and Donghae nodded. “I’ll pay since I don’t want Hyukjae to have to worry about anything else. And please don’t disturb him so much when he is working.”

 

Donghae stood up and bowed. “Thanks m-mom. And don’t worry; I won’t be a bother to Hyukkie.”

 

Mrs. Lee shook her head lightly and chuckled. “I don’t even know how I’m able to accept you two dating, but I guess I have no other choice. Please take care of my son.”

 

“I will!”

 

“Oh and how is your brother?”

 

“Oh he’s alright.” Donghae simply replied.

 

“How is Kyuhyun treating him?”

 

“Huh?” Donghae had no clue what Mrs. Lee was talking about.

 

“Aren’t Kyuhyun and your brother Sungmin dating?”

 

Donghae looked dumb folded. He really didn’t know what Mrs. Lee was talking about. He thought for a while then his eyes went wide. Finally he remembered his brother was dating Kyuhyun. “Oh well Sungmin seems really happy with Kyuhyun.” Donghae face palmed mentally, how he could forget his brother dating Kyuhyun?

 

“I’m glad he is with Kyuhyun, I trust Kyuhyun more than Siwon. Siwon is just like his mother and like Hyukjae’s father.” Donghae could tell there was some hurt in the tone Mrs. Lee had used. “Please tell your brother to care for Kyuhyun as much as Kyuhyun cares for him.”

 

Donghae nodded and thanked her once more before leaving.

 

~•○•~

Sungmin was running all over the place getting ready for work; he had woken up late and if he was late again, he was sure he would get a scolding from Kangin. He tripped in the living room and cried out in pain as he hit his shoulder on the coffee table. When he looked at his should he saw a little cut and he pouted, he really didn’t like marks on his skin.

 

He grabbed the keys and headed to the door as quickly as he could, but unfortunately he didn’t see the person in front of his door who was about to knock and he ran right into him knocking both down to the ground. Sungmin heard a groan from underneath him and quickly looked to see who it was.

 

“Nice way of greeting your boyfriend. Did you miss me that much?” Sungmin blushed as soon as he realized who he had run into.

 

“Kyu, I’m so sorry! I’m late and I…” Sungmin got back to his feet and helped Kyuhyun up. “I have to go! See you later!” Sungmin said and ran off.

 

Before Sungmin could completely leave Kyuhyun stopped him. “I came to give you a lift.” Sungmin stopped and turned around to smile at Kyuhyun.

 

“But you probably have work.”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and walked over to Sungmin; he cupped his face and gave him a peck on the lips. “I only have a meeting in 3 hours so I have enough time to take you to work.”

 

“Ok let’s go before Kangin kills me!” Sungmin pulled Kyuhyun’s hand and dragged him towards his car. “I only have 10 minutes to get there, hurry.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “How were you going to get there then?”

 

“I was going to run and pray to god that I would make it on time.” The younger helped his boyfriend to get in the front passenger seat then closed the door and walked over to the driver’s seat.

 

“Donghae told me you haven’t been using your car. Is something wrong with it?” Kyuhyun said as he pulled out of the driveway.

 

“It’s fine; just that I haven’t been feeling like driving lately. I sometimes feel so tired so I don’t want to risk getting in an accident.” Sungmin said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

 

Kyuhyun notice how Sungmin looked tired and pale. “Have you seen a doctor?”

 

Sungmin looked at his boyfriend thinking of what to say. Should he tell him the truth that he doesn’t want to go see a doctor or should he lie and tell him that he already went… “I-I a-already went t-to see a doctor.” Sungmin decided to lie.

 

“What did the doctor say?” the younger one was a little suspicious about the way the older had answered.

 

“Umm… well he said it was just a l-little s-stress…” Sungmin lied again.

 

Kyuhyun wasn’t sure if he should believe his boyfriend or not, but decided to just keep quiet and make Sungmin see a doctor later on. Sungmin rested his head on the seat and closed his eyes, feeling tired he dozed off to sleep without realizing it. Kyuhyun turned around to see his sleeping lover and notice he is even thinner now. ‘Has he been starving himself?’ Kyuhyun mentally asked himself. Sungmin seemed to have lost about 2 sizes in 3 weeks and he looked paler than he did last time. Kyuhyun mentally wrote a note to cook for Sungmin more often to make sure his boyfriend eats well.

 

“Baby, wake up.” Sungmin groaned when he felt someone taping his shoulder, which was still sore from earlier when he hit it and was left with a cute.

 

Sungmin slowly opened his eyes and was met with Kyuhyun’s face. “What is it?’ Sungmin asked still half asleep.

 

“You’re going to be late for work if you don’t wake up.” Sungmin wide eye jumped from his sitting position and hit Kyuhyun in the head with his own head making the latter groan in pain for the second time that day. “Do you love me that much to hurt me?’

 

“Sorry Kyu, but I really can’t be late!” Sungmin ran inside the café where Kangin was, standing in front of the door looking at his watch counting every second.

 

“5… 4… 3… 2” Kangin was counting as he saw Sungmin run inside. “You’re almost late! You know I don’t like it when you’re late!”

 

“You said almost! I’m not late so don’t scold me!” Sungmin said with a pout and walked towards the changing room to put on his uniform.

 

Kangin stopped him before the latter could disappear in the room. “You need to train the new employee who starts today.” Sungmin frowned and nodded before walking in the changing room.

 

Sungmin put on his uniform and walked back out to start his work. He walked towards a table and started cleaning it while he waited for the new employee.

 

“Sungmin~” Sungmin jumped when he unexpectedly heard his name being called in a whisper from behind him. When he turned around to see who it was he saw Yesung standing behind a little too close. He put his hand on his heart as if it was going to burst out from feeling so scared a few seconds ago. Yesung sure was a creepy guy sometimes. “Are you okay?”

 

“Of course I’m not! Why did you do that for? You could have given me a heart attack!” Sungmin said as he stopped trembling. Yesung looked at him with an apologetic look and Sungmin couldn’t help but think just how cute Yesung looked at the moment. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I start work today. I didn’t know you worked here till the manager told me you would be training me. It’s great we will be working together, right?” Sungmin hesitated a little before nodding.

 

‘Is it really a good idea to work in the same place with Yesung? What about Kyu? Yesung confessed to me and he will feel hurt if he sees me with Kyuhyun…” Sungmin’s train of thoughts was cut off by two guys walking in bickering.

 

“It wasn’t my fault! The other guy ran into me which caused me to get caught off the lane and run into you!” Sungmin heard Kibum say to another person.

 

“Your car was the one that made those marks on my car so you have to pay!” Sungmin widen his eyes when he saw who the other guy was.

 

“And who is going to pay for my car damages?! The guy just drove off!” Kibum said.

 

“What is going on here?!” Kangin came to see what all the commotion was. “Why are you late Kibum?! You know I don’t like any of the employees being late!”

 

“It’s his entire fault! He won’t leave me alone!” Kibum pointed a finger at them man who he just a few minutes ago, crashed into.

 

Kangin glared at the man standing in front of them and waited for the later to explain himself. Siwon, who was the man who Kibum crashed into, took a deep breath before explaining himself. “You see, I was driving peacefully when out of nowhere this guy clashes into me and then just left. I had to follow him and when I caught him he said he wasn’t going to pay for the damage.” Siwon said and Kangin just rolled his eyes.

 

“That’s all? Do you even have proof that he was the one who crashed into you?” Kangin asked.

 

“Well no, but…”

 

“But nothing! Leave now if you’re not going to buy anything! Kibum, get to work before I fire you!” Kangin said and walked away.

 

Kibum glared at Siwon who kept standing there. “You heard him, LEAVE!”

 

“Not before you PAY!” Siwon insisted.

 

Sungmin walked over to them to see if he could help them in something so the other costumers won’t get annoyed and leave. “Kibum, what’s going on?!”

 

“SUNGMIN!!” Siwon tried to hug Sungmin but Yesung who had followed Sungmin, was faster and pulled Sungmin out of the way. “You work here?”

 

“Y-Yes, don’t you remember? I’ve been working here for a long time now, even before you…”

 

“You forget things so there is no proof I was the one who crashed into you!” Kibum said.

 

Siwon rolled his eyes. “Your car is the proof! It’s all scratched up!”

 

“Couldn’t you let it go just this once?” Sungmin said with his puppy eyes.         

 

Siwon soften up to Sungmin’s eyes that seemed about to cry. He couldn’t take making Sungmin cry again. “Okay, just this once. But you better not get in my way ever again or Minnie won’t be able to help you next time! And Minnie, I’ll come more often to see you here.” Siwon said and turned around.

 

Sungmin lost the puppy eyes and rolled his eyes. “Come often to see me? My !” Sungmin said once Siwon was out of the café.

 

Kibum chuckled. “Thanks Min hyung!”

 

“You owe me more than thanks!” Sungmin said and turned around to walk back to what he was doing.

 

Kibum looked at Yesung with a questioning stare but Yesung just shrugged his shoulders and followed Sungmin.

 

 

 

 

Okay guys this will be the last update till January 15

I promise to come back with at least 2 chapters for this fic and maybe 1 chapter for PMB

I’ll also come back with another story but you guys need to tell me which one you want…

On Love Hiatus – HaeMin or To Be Continued – HaeHyuk but it might be Eunhyuk

And please let me know if you guys want it to be PG-13 or NC-17

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years and please comment

I’m really sorry I don’t have time for replies but I’m not done packing

Will reply when I return ^-^

♥ for all my reader!

~Lainny~