Chapter 11

Time For Goodbye

Hyukjae just finished taking a shower and was just about to get dressed when he heard the doorbell followed with loud bangs coming from the front door. Without drying himself he ran down the stairs towards the front door almost falling from the water he was dripping. He quickly opened the door and was shocked when someone tightly hugged him and picked him up, spinning him around.

“Ya! Donghae put me down.” Hyukjae yelled once he recognized the familiar warmth of the other.

Donghae did as he was told but never let go of his lover. “Hyukkie aren’t you happy?!” the fish boy asked gaining a confused look from his monkey lover.

“I guess… wait why should I be happy?” the monkey boy asked confusingly.

Donghae goofily smiled at his lover and kissed the other’s lips before saying what he had come to say. “I’M GOING TO JAPAN WITH YOU!”

Hyukjae eyes went wide open and his mouth fell open. “Say what?”

“I went to see you mother this morning and she finally approved of our relationship! She said I could go with you and she would even pay for my studies.” Donghae excitedly said and Hyukjae’s eyes got wider and his mouth got wider almost touching the floor if it was possible. “Aren’t you happy?”

Hyukjae tried to speak but he couldn’t find his voice and he felt like fainting. Could it be true? Or was his boyfriend lying? His mother had always said she wouldn’t accept her son being gay… why was she finally accepting it and she was even paying for Donghae’s college so he can go to Japan with him?

“You don’t want me to go to Japan with you?” Donghae’s happy face turned into a frown. He couldn’t believe that Hyukjae was still mad at him. “Hyukkie I already said I was sorry, I won’t ever do it again. I don’t even talk to Kibum anymore…”

“I-I… I am happy… I just… can’t believe it. Are you sure it was my mom? Maybe you got into the wrong office or you probably were dreaming…”

“No, I really did talk to your mother and she really approved of us!”

“B-but…” Hyukjae still couldn’t believe it. “You’re really going?” he decided to believe in his lover. Donghae nodded furiously. “You’re going to live with me in Japan?”

Donghae nodded again. Hyukjae smiled widely. “YOUR GOING TO JAPAN WITH ME!” he happily yelled and hugged the slightly younger boy.

“Yes I’m going with you, baby.”

The older boy stopped smiling and then looked at Donghae. “But… what about Sungmin hyung?”

“Sungmin hyung has Kyuhyun now. I’m sure your cousin will take good care of him for the few months we are in Japan.” Donghae said making his lover smile. He was worried about his hyung, but it was only going to be for a few months and he was sure he could trust Kyuhyun to take care of Sungmin.

Hyukjae’s phone and the monkey boy answered knowing it was his mother. “Umma, is it true?! Are you really going to let Donghae and I be together?” Hyukjae asked his mother just to make sure Donghae wasn’t hallucinating. His smile grew wider when his mother replied but then frowned after his mother said something else. “But Donghae won’t have everything ready by then. Can’t it wait one more week?” Donghae notice his lover’s

disappointed in his voice so he got closer to try and listen what they were talking about.

“Okay mom, I’ll tell Donghae about it. Love you too, bye.”

Donghae gave Hyukjae a ‘Hurry-up-and-tell-me-what-she-said’ look. The older one sighed and proceeded on telling his boyfriend what his mother had just told him. “My mom said that there is a meeting next week that I have to attend.”

“But I still have to transfer my credits to a school in Japan and my passport isn’t ready.” Donghae whined.

“I know, my mom said I should leave this weekend and she will help you prepare everything and then you can catch up with me in two weeks.”

“TWO WEEKS?!” Donghae exclaimed. “That’s too long; I need to see you every day!” the fish boy said as he dramatically hugged his monkey lover.

Hyukjae tried to pry off from his boyfriends hold but the other was too persistent. “Hae, let go! It’s only going to be two weeks and then we will be living together! I… c-can’t…bre…athe…” Donghae let go of his lover after the older said he couldn’t breathe.

“But what if you find some Japanese guy that seduces you!”

“Unlike you, I am faithful.” Hyukjae said and Donghae frowned. He knew Hyukjae was talking about Kibum.

“Please let that go Hyukkie, how many times do I have to apologize?”

Hyukjae saw the hurt in Donghae’s eyes and he felt bad. He knew Donghae would turn back time if he could to prevent himself from kissing Kibum; plus he believed Donghae that Kibum was the one who had kissed him since he witnessed it. “Okay, I’m sorry. I won’t ever bring it up again.”

Donghae smiled and kissed Hyukjae. “I love you Hyukkie.”

~•○•~

The next morning Kyuhyun walked in his office and sat at his desk leaning back on the chair. He was really tired since he didn’t get any sleep, thinking about Ryeowook kept him up all night. All that he wanted when Ryeowook left was to forget everything and start anew. Sungmin had made him forget about the past but the past had made him forget about Sungmin. He saw his cellphone in front of him and stared at it for a while before reaching for it.

“How many times did Sungmin try to reach me?” Kyuhyun said after he tried to turn on his cellphone but realized it was out of battery. ‘I should go see him.’ Kyuhyun thought.

“What happened to you?” Kyuhyun got snapped from his thoughts when he heard his cousin speak. He looked up to him and shook his head. “You don’t look alright.”

Kyuhyun sighed. “I’m fine, just didn’t sleep well last night.” Kyuhyun replied massaging his temples. “Why are you here so early?”

Hyukjae’s expression changed to an excited one. “Mom approved of Hae and me dating! She even let Hae go to Japan with me and she will pay his studies.” Hyukjae jumped.

“What? But what about Sungmin? Is Donghae taking him away from me?!” Kyuhyun jumped from his seat. No way was he going to let Sungmin go.

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and pointed to the seat instructing Kyuhyun to take a seat, and the latter did as told. “That what I wanted to talk about. Sungmin and Donghae only had each other, but they can’t always be together. Donghae has me now and Sungmin has you. Donghae and I trust that you’ll take care of him well.” Kyuhyun felt relieved. “You know

Sungmin has gone through a lot and you’re the only one who can give him comfort from now on.”

Ryeowook’s face appeared in Kyuhyun’s mind. “I don’t think I’ll be a good comfort.” He

confessed.

“Why? You love him don’t you?” Kyuhyun nodded. “Then why can’t you be there for him? You’re his boyfriend. I’m sure you won’t let him feel lonely.”

“Ryeowook is back.” Hyukjae’s eyes went wide. He never thought that the one who hurt his cousin would come back. Every time he asked Kyuhyun what would he do if Ryeowook came back were just what ifs. He thought that now that Ryeowook was living his dream he wouldn’t come back into their lives again. Guess he was wrong.

“Why?” Hyukjae could only ask. He new his cousin wasn’t over Ryeowook and he would hurt again.

“He said he missed me…”

“And you believed him so you got back together with him?!” Hyukjae snapped at the other.

“Of course not; I left. I’m with Sungmin now.”

“So what are you going to do about Ryeowook?”

Kyuhyun stood up and walked towards the window. “Nothing, he made his choice… now I’m making mine to stay by Sungmin’s side.” Hyukjae was so relieved.

Back in high school, Hyukjae was the one who always helped Kyuhyun and Ryeowook meet without Kyuhyun’s dad knowing since he didn’t approve of Ryeowook. Hyukjae even had admiration for the boy who always worked hard to archive his dream even though he had financial problems. Ryeowook wouldn’t even let Kyuhyun help with the financial problem he had; for that reason Hyukjae approved of his cousin dating Ryeowook. But when Ryeowook left Kyuhyun, Hyukjae was disappointed.

“Could you please take over my office for today? Last night I forgot to pick up Sungmin and I want to apologize personally to him.” Kyuhyun asked his cousin who seemed like he was out to another world. “Hyukjae?” he waved his hand in front of Hyukjae’s face when the other didn’t respond.

“Huh?” Hyukjae snapped out of his thoughts about the past. He hated Ryeowook for causing pain to his cousin, but he owed Ryeowook because thanks to him Hyukjae went back to school on the night Ryeowook left to look for him and met Donghae.

4 years ago

That night Kyuhyun was going crazy looking for Ryeowook so Hyukjae decided to help look for him. He decided to go check at school even though it was late at night and the school would probably be empty by now. He walked through the dark corridors and heard some desks being moved around in a dark room. Even though his heart was pounding really fast right now he decided to take a look to see if it was Ryeowook. When he opened the door he saw a figure standing in the middle of the room. Beside the figure were about 10 desks stacked up like if it’s a ladder. Hyukjae wanted to get out of there as soon as possible because who ever that was, wasn’t Ryeowook. He turned around to leave but he shivered when he felt someone breathing behind him. He stood there frozen until he heard someone speak from behind him.

“Turtle?” the voice was deep and soothing but for Hyukjae it was frightening.

As soon as he heard ‘turtle’ he let out a scream and took off like as fast as he could. With the fright he just had, Hyukjae didn’t pay attention to were he was heading. He was running but looking back just to make sure the weird figure didn’t go after him, that he didn’t see someone running towards his direction. The other wasn’t paying attention as he ran and soon they bumped into each other. Hyukjae lost his balance and was going to fall backwards, but the other caught him in time losing his balance. Not wanting to let Hyukjae fall the other turned their position making himself fall, never letting go of Hyukjae. Hyukjae fell on top of the other. The other groan of the pain and Hyukjae opened his eyes which he had closed when he was expecting the fall.

“Are you okay?” the monkey asked worriedly. But in reality the only thing Hyukjae wanted to know was who was this handsome guy who took the fall for him?

The other just nodded and whispered a ‘yeah’ which Hyukjae notice was full of pain. He stood up and helped the handsome guy up.

“Are you okay?” the other asked Hyukjae.

Hyukjae nodded shyly and bowed. “Thanks, but are you sure you di…”

He was cut of. “Yeah I didn’t get hurt… maybe just a small bruise tomorrow.” the other said as he massaged his back. “I’m Donghae.”

“Hyukjae”

Donghae smiled and Hyukjae felt like he would faint from how handsome Donghae was.

“Why were you running?” Donghae asked.

Hyukjae didn’t want to tell Donghae afraid that the other would laugh at him, but he decided to tell him. “Someone creepy said turtle behind me… I think it was a ghost.”

“Weird… I was running because I saw a turtle…”

Hyukjae’s jaw dropped. ‘Donghae got scared of a turtle?… Oh well he is still hot’ he thought.

They both headed to the entrance of the school and since Hyukjae hadn’t brought his car with him Donghae offered to take him home. Donghae explained the reason why he was at the college, that he was looking for his brother, who attended college. They became friends but do to Donghae still being in high school, they couldn’t see much of each other. A year later Donghae entered the same college as Hyukjae and that’s when their relationship started to blossom.