Chapter 4

Time For Goodbye

 

Sungmin’s POV

“Sungmin…” he said.

I got closer to Kyuhyun and tried to hide for protection. I’m still not ready to face him. Why did he have to show up.

“Who are you?” I heard Kyuhyun ask him. He was trying to tug me behind him for protection.

“I’m Sungmin’s friend.” he said.

“Sungmin do you know him?” Kyuhyun asked me and I nodded.

“Sungmin, could we talk?” Siwon asked me.

“Sorry Siwon, we don’t have anything to talk about.” I said holding the tears in. I don’t want him to see me cry again. I don’t want to show him that I still hurt because of him.

“Please Sungmin. I really missed you.” I couldn’t hold the tears after he said he missed me. I let them out even if he saw them. My heart was hurting too much to just hide the tears.

I grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm tightly and he got the message.

“Please leave. Sungmin doesn’t want to talk to you.” Kyuhyun said looking at Siwon.

“Are you his boyfriend?” Siwon asked glaring at Kyuhyun.

“What if I am?” Kyuhyun said and Siwon glared at him.

“Sungmin?” Why is he doing this? Can’t he just leave me alone?

“Sungmin, go inside.” I heard Kyuhyun say.

I looked at him but he was still glaring back at Siwon. I nodded and ran inside. As soon as I got inside I started crying remembering that night. Why did he come back? I was starting to forget! I was starting to move on! How can he just show up at my doorstep after 2 years!

I kept crying and sobbing as hard as I could so I could let out the pain, but it doesn’t seem to leave. I want to forget him! But he shows up in my life again. God why are you doing this to me? What have I done wrong? Make him go away!

After a while my thoughts about the past got interrupted with a knock at the door. I panicked thinking it was Siwon. Did Kyuhyun leave and left me here alone with Siwon? He didn’t right? He couldn’t… please don’t.

“Sungmin… its me, Kyuhyun.” I heard Kyuhyun and quickly got up and opened the door just enough to peek outside.

“Kyuhyun…” I said looking past him to see if Siwon had left.

“Don’t worry, he left already.” Kyuhyun said and I opened the door letting him in.

I wiped my tear and I felt his arms hug around me so I returned the hug. I felt safe but I still remembered Siwon and the tears fell again.

“Shh… its ok, he’s gone.” Kyuhyun soothed my back. “I won’t let him do anything to you.” I tightened the hug and cried and buried my face on his chest. “Come on, lets sit down.” he said and pulled me to sit with him on the couch.

I still didn’t let go of him and he didn’t got of me. We just stayed holding each other till my sobbing stopped. I broke the hugged after I felt like I didn’t have anymore tears to cry. But I didn’t look at him, I look horrible right now.

“Are you ok now?” he asked and I just nodded.

“Thanks… and I’m sorry for causing you trouble.” I said almost in a whisper but audible for him to hear.

“ Its ok, you didn’t cause me any trouble. He shouldn’t have come if he caused you so much pain.”

“I don’t know why he came back..” I said.

“Is he Hyukjae’s step brother?” Kyuhyun asked. Wait doesn’t he know? He is Hyukjae’s cousin so he must have met him before. Why is he asking me?

“You don’t know him?” I asked wondering if he really didn’t know him. He shook his head.

“Hyukjae’s parents got separated when he was 10 and his father remarried. The woman his father remarried already had a child 3 years older than Hyukjae, Siwon. They treated each other like real blood brothers when Hyukjae went to stay with his father during vacation. But I never got a chance to meet him, because I went to the US a year before Siwon moved in with Hyukjae.” Kyuhyun explained.

So that’s why Hyukjae and Siwon don’t have the same surname. Hyukjae’s is Lee while Siwon’s is Choi. And also explains about the pictures of Hyukjae, his father, Siwon, and a woman who I was sure wasn’t Hyukkie’s mother.

“Yeah, he is Siwon, Hyukjae’s brother.” I whispered. “Also my first love.” I said truthfully.

“Huh?!” yup hard to believe but I wasn’t interested in relationships till I met Siwon. And after Siwon I wasn’t interested in them again.

“I was only interested in school and would reject all the girls and boys who would ask me out. And when I entered college my parents past away, so I had to work and didn’t have time for dating. Then Donghae started dating Hyukjae and that’s when I met Siwon. I fell for him because he was so sweet to me. I didn’t hesitate to say yes when he asked me to be his boyfriend. After we dated for 5 months I was going to his and Hyukjae’s house to visit him because I had finally backed some brownies, which didn’t burn and tasted well.” I felt my eyes burning but no tears would fall.

“I had worked so hard on the brownies just for him. When I got there I just entered because Siwon gave me a key. I was happy skipping towards his room, I knew he was studying at that hour. But when I opened the door I saw him in bed with another guy. He turned around to look at me and I just ran. I heard him calling but I just kept running. At the door he catch me and I thought he was going to apologized. But he didn’t, he was mad at me.”

Flashback

“Why did you just come in my room without knocking? And why didn’t you even call to tell me you were coming over.” Siwon yelled at me.

“I’m your boyfriend! Why do I need to announce when I’m coming over? Your the one that gave me a key so I could just walk in and not disturb your study time!” I fought back.

“Still you should have called before coming so you wouldn’t have to see what you saw!”

“Oh so now it my fault?!” I can’t believe this jerk!

“Yes! Its your fault! Next time call before you come in!.” he said and I slapped him and threw the key at him.

“There won’t be a next time!” I said and ran out the house crying. I could still hear him calling my name but I never stopped running.

End flashback

“He left a few days later and I didn’t hear from him till last night when he called and today.” I said as I looked at him with a small smile on my lips but a tear rolled down.

“Sungmin, don’t cry for someone like him. He doesn’t deserve your tears.”

“That’s what Donghae and Hyukjae told me… but I just can’t help it. It hurts so much to remember. Then he just shows up after 2 years saying he missed me. I just couldn’t help but let everything I was holding in for a long time.” I truthfully said.

I saw Kyuhyun was about to hug me again but the door was opened and Donghae walked in worriedly.

Nobody’s POV

Donghae barged in worriedly about who car was out side and why where they here.

“Oh its you. I thought you… what did you do to my hyung?!” Donghae ran to Sungmin. “Hyung! What did that ert do to you?! Hyung!” Donghae shook Sungmin violently trying to get answers.

“If you stop shaking me I’ll answer!” Donghae quickly stopped shaking Sungmin but didn’t let go of his shoulders. “He didn’t do anything Hae. He just gave me a lift home.” Sungmin said.

“What happened to your car? You took it this morning.” Donghae said and Sungmin embarrassingly looked over to Kyuhyun and saw him chuckling so he quickly looked at Donghae.

“Kibum had an emergency and I let him borrow it. And luckily Kyuhyun stopped by the café and offered me a ride.” Sungmin lied.

“Then why are you crying?”

“He came back…” Sungmin said as he lowered his head and faced the floor.

“Who?” Donghae worriedly asked.

“S-Siwon.” Sungmin said and Donghae stood up slowly. Kyuhyun and Sungmin notice that Donghae’s stare changed. He looked scary in Sungmin’s opinion and Kyuhyun felt like Donghae wanted to kill someone.

“Donghae… what’s wrong? Donghae..” Sungmin called but Donghae just clenched his fist.

“Where is he?” Donghae asked with gritted teeth.

“Don’t worry, Kyuhyun told him to leave.” Sungmin tried to calm Donghae down.

“Why was he here? Why did he come see you?!” Donghae asked in an angry tone.

“I don’t know, I didn’t talk to him. He just said he missed me.” Sungmin said and lowered his head. He was so hurt.

“How can he just show up and say he missed you! I don’t care if he is Hyukjae’s cousin, I’m going to kill him.” Donghae said and was about to walk out to look for him when his cell phone rang.

He fetched his phone from his pocket and quickly answered when he saw the caller id.

“Yah! Did you know he was coming back?!” Donghae asked the caller, which was Hyukjae.

“No. He just showed up here asking to stay a few days.” Hyukjae said over the other line.

“Why is he back?” Donghae was trying to keep calm and not yell at Hyukjae.

“I don’t know he didn’t want to tell me. He just asked if he could stay here till he finds an apartment.”

“Don’t let him stay there!” Donghae warned.

“I’m sorry Donghae, but he is my brother. I can’t turn my back on him, even if he did wrong.” Hyukjae said in a whisper, feeling guilt. He knew he shouldn’t have let Siwon stay there after what he did.

“Then you know I won’t step a foot in your house till he leaves.” Donghae said

“I know, that’s why I called. Lets just meet at your place till he leaves, ok?”

“Ok. But tell him to never show his face around here anymore. Or I won’t hesitate and beat him up like I should have 2 years ago.

“He said he really wanted talk to Sungmin. That he needs to talk to him.”

“Well he can’t. He should have talked to him back then. Its too late now.”

“Ok, then I’ll I see you and Sungmin tomorrow. Tell Sungmin that I’m really sorry, and that I’ll try my best to make Siwon leave again.” and with that Hyukjae hanged up.

Donghae closed his phone and put it back inside his pocket. He turned to Sungmin and Sungmin gave him a small smile to assure him he is alright.

“I’ll take my leave then. Sungmin are you sure you’ll be alright?” Kyuhyun worriedly asked Sungmin and the latter just nodded and smiled.

“Ok, if you need anything just give me a call ok.”

Sungmin stood up. “ Thanks Kyuhyun. Thanks for making Siwon leave.”

Kyuhyun gave him a charming smile then turned to Donghae and bowed a little. “Thanks for helping my hyung.” Donghae bowed to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun then left…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Why are you here?” Hyukjae asked Siwon once again while Siwon was settling in his room.

“I wanted to see you. You’re my brother and I miss you.” Siwon said as he unpacked some cloths to take a shower.

“Then why did you go see Sungmin first? You shouldn’t have gone.”

“I missed him too. I know that what I did was wrong, but I want to get him back. I love him.”

Hyukjae couldn’t believe what his brother just said. How could he love Sungmin when he just left him heartbroken. “You hurt him… how can you love him?” Hyukjae asked him.

“I now I did… but I regret it. Everyone makes mistakes, but they can fix them.”

“You can’t fix this one, Sungmin isn’t going to forgive you. And you need to hurry and find an apartment because Donghae and I like to spend time here. He said he isn’t going to come till you leave.” Hyukjae said as he walked out.

Siwon felt hurt. How could Hyukjae choose Donghae over him. He was his brother, maybe not blood brother but he still loved him as if he was. Does everyone have to hate him for one stupid mistake he made? He already admitted he did wrong.

He walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sungmin went to bed as soon as Kyuhyun left. He cried so much that it left him drained. He also didn’t want to think about Siwon anymore.

Donghae was downstairs watching TV when the doorbell rang. He got up and walked to the door wondering who it could be. He opened the door and saw a handsome guy standing there.

“Hi, is Sungmin home?” the guy asked.

“Yeah, but he is already asleep. May I know who you are?” Donghae asked.

“Oh right. I’m Kim Kibum, I work with Sungmin hyung.” Kibum bowed a little and gave him a charming smile.

Donghae stared at him. ‘Wow his teeth are perfect.’ Donghae thought to himself. “You must be new. Never seen you before.” Donghae said and Kibum nodded. “I’m Donghae, Sungmin’s dongsaeng.” Donghae introduced himself.

“Nice to meet you. I’m here to return Sungmin’s car. Here are the keys.” Kibum gave the keys to Donghae. “I have to leave now.” Kibum then ran off to where someone was waiting for him.

Donghae went inside and set the keys on the coffee table.