Chapter 5

Time For Goodbye

Nobody’s POV

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine. No one will care that your 24 and this is going to be your second year in college. You don’t even look old. Just don’t tell them how old you are if it worries you so much.” Donghae tried to calm Sungmin down on their first day.

Sungmin and Donghae were walking through the college corridors looking for there class. Donghae was on his senior year and Sungmin is a returning junior.

It has been 2 weeks since Siwon came back and he kept calling Sungmin, but the latter just ignored the calls. Kyuhyun has been going to the shining star café ever since the night they encounter Siwon, and he always follows Sungmin home to make sure he gets home safely and doesn’t encounter Siwon.

“Sungmin hyung!” Sungmin and Donghae heard someone behind them calling Sungmin so they both turned around.

There they saw Kibum running towards them and waving with a huge smile. He finally arrived trying to catch his breath. “Kibum, you also go here?” Sungmin asked.

“Y-Yea… I.. I’m a… Jun…ior…” Kibum said catching air.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were attending this school?” Sungmin asked Kibum who had finally caught his breath.

“You never asked.” Kibum answered and Sungmin pouted. “Donghae-ssi, you also attend sapphire university?”

“Yeah, I’m a senior.” Donghae said in a depressed tone. “Well I’ll leave you two. I have to go weep somewhere alone.” Donghae said and faked he has about to cry and walked away.

Kibum looked at Sungmin with a confused look, more like ‘wtf is wrong with him?’ look. Sungmin shook his head. “Hyukjae graduated last year and Donghae doesn’t like the idea of spending the whole day at school without seeing him.”

“Hyukjae?” Kibum asked confused again.

“His boyfriend. He can’t go a day without him or he’ll go into his depressed mode.” Sungmin said and Kibum just nodded in understanding. Kibum felt a slight of disappointment when he heard Sungmin say boyfriend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sungmin and Kibum were in class. The teacher was talking but Sungmin wasn’t paying attention. He was resting his chin on his palm and his thoughts were about Siwon and Kyuhyun. ‘How can they be so different? Siwon is a jerk while Kyunnie is so sweet.’ Sungmin thought. ‘Omo! Kyunnie sounds so cute!’ Sungmin unconsciously smiled widely and Kibum notice.

“Ya! What are you thinking of?” he asked in a whisper but Sungmin just kept smiling and lost in his thoughts. “Ya! Sungmin hyung, snap out before you get caught.” Kibum says a little more loud.

The teacher hears them. “Pay attention in my class!” Sungmin snapped out of his thoughts and looked around to see what was going on. The teacher went back to giving his lesson.

“What’s wrong with you?” Kibum asked in a low whisper.

“Nothing, I’m perfectly fine.” Sungmin said looking at Kibum with a cute smile on.

“Then why are you smiling like an idiot to yourself?” Kibum asked him.

“I was just thinking about someone.”

“Could it be Kyuhyun-ssi?” Sungmin blushed.

“Maybe.”

“You better be quiet or you will be out of my class!” the teacher said and both Sungmin and Kibum went back to paying attention. Sungmin of course was thinking about Kyuhyun all period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During lunch break Sungmin and Kibum headed to the cafeteria to meet up with Donghae. They saw Donghae at a table with his lunch already so they headed to get their lunch. Once they got it they headed towards Donghae. Sungmin sat across Donghae and Kibum sat beside Sungmin.

“What’s wrong with him?” Kibum asked Sungmin when he notice Donghae had a gloomy face and was just playing with his food sighing often.

Sungmin shook his shoulders and looked at Donghae who sighed again. “Donghae, what’s wrong?” he asked his brother.

Donghae looked at him then back at his food. “I sent Hyukkie 5 text messages already and he hasn’t answer any of them.” he said in a soft voice. “I miss him so much.”

Sungmin face palmed himself. How could he have such dramatic brother. “Donghae, Hyukjae was with you last night. It hasn’t been 24 hours since you last saw him.”

“Still, I miss him so much. Why did he have to graduate before me?” Donghae said and sighed again.

“Because he is older than you, and your not smart enough to skip grades.” Sungmin said as he rolled his eyes.

“You were also thinking about Kyuhyun during class Sungmin hyung.” Kibum said as he took a bit from his lunch and Sungmin smacked his head.

Kibum started shocking and Donghae looked at Sungmin with a smirk. “If I remember correctly, you just saw Kyuhyun yesterday. You were thinking of him. Ha!”

“Well yeah, but its different. Your dating Hyukjae and have been dating him for years now. I just met Kyuhyun a few weeks ago. And I wasn’t thinking of him.” Sungmin denied it and took a bit of his lunch.

“Don’t believe him, Sungmin had a huge grin on his lips during the lesson. He was even drooling.” Kibum said and Sungmin glared at him.

“Why don’t you tell him you like him?” Donghae asked Sungmin and Sungmin shocked.

“Why would I tell him I like him? I do think he is gorgeous, but I don’t like him. You know I’m still not…” Sungmin couldn’t finish because Donghae interrupted him.

“Siwon is in the past. Or are you planning on forgiving him?”

“Of course not! I’m just not ready for a relationship at the moment.” Sungmin lowered his head and stared at his food like Donghae was. Kibum looked at them unbelievable.

Sungmin started feeling sick he quickly got up and ran to the restroom, Kibum and Donghae followed behind him worriedly. When Sungmin entered the restroom he quickly went into a cubicle and started vomiting.

“Sungmin hyung! What’s wrong?” Donghae asked him but Sungmin couldn’t answer. He kept on vomiting.

After he was finished he opened the door and walked out towards the sink and rinsed his mouth. He then slowly rested his back against the wall.

“Hyung what’s wrong? Are you sick?” Donghae asked again and Sungmin just shook his head.

“You should really go see a doctor, this can’t go on anymore.” Kibum said and Donghae turned to look at him with a questioning look. “He barely eats at work and he threw up the other day just like today.” Kibum said.

“I’m fine, its just a stomach virus. It’ll pass soon.” Sungmin forced a smile. He was feeling really exhausted.

“Even if it’s a stomach virus you need to go to see a doctor. What if its something dangerous?” Donghae grabbed Sungmin’s hand and dragged him out of the restroom.

“Donghae wait! We still have classes, I’ll go after school!” Sungmin said and Donghae stopped.

“Promise?”

“I promise. I don’t work today so I’ll got to see a doctor.” Sungmin said and Donghae let go of his hand.

“Ok, lets go to class before we’re late.” Kibum suggested and the two agree and went towards their classrooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school Sungmin bid goodbye to the other two saying he was going to see a doctor. Donghae decided to walk with Kibum to the café since the latter had to work.

“How long have you been working at the café?” Donghae asked since they were silent for a while.

“A bit more than a month.”

“How is Kangin treating you?”

“He treats me like he treats the others, always yelling at us to do this and do that. How can Leeteuk hyung be dating him? Leeteuk is an angel and he is like a devil!” Kibum said and Donghae laughed.

“He is really sweet on the inside. He’ll open up to you soon. But he’ll still treat you the way he is. He scolds me every time I see him, but he is always there for us like Leeteuk hyung.”

“May I ask what happened to Sungmin? Everyone seems to worry about him.” Kibum asked.

Donghae fell silent for a while.

“Well Sungmin hyung was studying in university majoring in the medical field. Our mother had been sick for a while so he decided to go into medical field to help take care of our mother. I started dating Hyukjae and soon introduced him to Sungmin hyung. Hyukjae introduced Siwon to Sungmin later and they started seeing each other. A year after things were still going well till my mom got really sick.” Donghae paused.

“My dad rushed my mom to the hospital but had an accident and both died. Sungmin hyung was going to pay my college and his with the money our parents left us but we found out our uncle took the money. Sungmin hyung had too quit school and work to pay my college. At the same time Siwon cheated on my hyung and blamed it on him then left. Sungmin was already in a depressed mode when our uncle came back. He told us that he took the money because Sungmin was the cause of our parents death.”

“Did he really cause your parents death?” Kibum asked

“Of course he didn’t! it was an accident. Sungmin had used the car earlier that day and he said it was having trouble with the breaks. Dad must have forgotten that Sungmin hyung told him. When he rushed my mother to the hospital the breaks stopped working and they crashed. It wasn’t Sungmin hyung’s fault, but he still blames himself. Everything happened 2 years ago and he isn’t the same Sungmin he used to be. He still smiles and acts cute but not the same way he did before everything happened.”

“Don’t worry so much about Sungmin, he’s strong enough to keep on going. He’ll be alright. And plus he already seems to be moving on, he seems interested in Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun seems interested in your brother.” Kibum said as he gave Donghae a breath taking smile.

‘Kibum is really pretty. Stupid Donghae what are you thinking?! Only Hyukjae is pretty!’ Donghae shook his head to get rid of the thoughts.

“Are you ok?” Kibum asked after he saw Donghae shaking his head.

“Huh? Oh yeah.” Donghae smiled.

“Well we’re here, thanks for walking with me.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow at school.” Donghae waved and took off.

Kibum smiled to himself and waved back. He walked in and Leeteuk was standing there looking at him. Kibum bowed to him. “Hi hyung!” Kibum cheerily said.

“Are you interested in Donghae?” Leeteuk asked Kibum with a serious expression.

“Um… no?” Kibum answered sounding more like trying to answer his own question.

Leeteuk sighed. “Don’t bring troubles to him nor Sungmin.” Leeteuk told Kibum as he rubbed his temples.

“Did Kangin cause trouble again?” Leeteuk nodded and took a seat.

“He is going to chase all the costumers away… why do I even love him?” Leeteuk said as he laid his head down.

“Because I’m the only one for you!” Kangin yelled from inside the kitchen.

“Oh shut up! I can fire you right now!” Leeteuk yelled back.

“But you won’t!” Kibum chuckled at the two. He then walked away to get ready to start his shift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donghae got home and entered, he saw Sungmin’s shoes so he hurriedly went to his hyung’s room. When he opened the door he saw Sungmin in his bed sleeping. He was worried, not only because Sungmin didn’t go to see the doctor but because Sungmin broke his promise, Sungmin never broke a promise.

He closed the door and walked to his room. Donghae took his cell phone out and saw a text from Hyukjae. He opened it and frowned.

From: Hyukjae

Hey Hae, I’m so sorry but I was busy all day, and I can’t go see you tonight. I’ll talk to you tomorrow. I love you.

Donghae closed his phone and threw it to the bed then threw himself to the bed.

“Hyukkie what’s more important than me?” he said to himself then sighed and drifted off to sleep. 

 

______________________________________________

Sorry it took too long to update

please comment ♥