Chapter 2

Time For Goodbye
Nobody's POV

“All set Mr. lee, next month you can start your classes here at Sapphire University.” the attendance lady told Sungmin as she handed him his schedule for his college classes.

“Thank you Mrs. Oh.” Sungmin bowed and left with a smile on his lips.

As soon as Sungmin was outside the university he looked at his watch and realized he was going to be late for work, so he started to run towards the café.

He arrived at the café a few minutes later and hurriedly entered it hoping the manager wasn’t there. He rested his hands on his knees and closed his eyes panting hardly. Sungmin was still trying to catch his breath when he felt a someone approached him, slowly opening his eyes hopping it wasn’t his manager.

“Lee Sungmin! This is the 4th time your late this month!” To Sungmin’s luck, Kim Youngwoon, the manager was standing in front of him with his arms crossed.

“S-sorry, I h-had an in…terview at the University.” Sungmin said still panting.

“You can’t keep being late!”

“Kangin, let him just get to work.” Jungsu, the boss of Shining Star Café came in.

“But Teukie, he’s late at least twice a week. The other workers are complaining.” Kangin said.

“I’m the boss here, now get to work!” Jungsu ordered.

Kangin walked away murmuring something beneath his breath.

Jungsu looked at Sungmin and smiled. “Did you get accepted?” he asked Sungmin and the latter just nodded. “Good.”

“But I will have to work part time now.”

“Don’t worry, you can work on weekends and if you need more hours you can work 2 or 3 days during the week after your classes. But I don’t want you to tire yourself, ok? Jungsu said and gave Sungmin a warm smile.

“Thanks Leeteuk hyung.” Sungmin bowed to his boss.

Park Jungsu had known the Lee’s for years and was the one that helped Sungmin and Donghae when their parents passed away. He even gave Sungmin a job at his café. Jungsu was the one that encouraged Sungmin to go back to college. He saw them as his brothers.

Sungmin was cleaning a table, he hadn’t done much but he was feeling really tired again. Kibum another employer saw Sungmin closing his eyes and massaging his nape so he walked up to him.

“Sungmin-ssi, are you okay?” he asked startling Sungmin.

“Huh? Oh yeah I’m fine Kibum. And you’ve been working here for 3 weeks, stop with the Sungmin-ssi. Just call me Sungmin.” Sungmin gave him a weak smile.

“Ok, Sungmin. But are you sure your alright? You seem tired.” Kibum asked worriedly.

“I’m fine, really. And I’m am tired, but just because I was studying all week to take the entrance exam for college. But I’m fine.” Sungmin assured him.

“Ok, but try to eat more your loosing a lot of weight.” Kibum’s smiles and walks toward the kitchen.

Sungmin looked at his body to see if he was really loosing weight, but soon he ignored it and went back to cleaning the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After work Sungmin was walking home exhausted, all he was thinking about was to get home take a quick shower and go to sleep. Maybe eat something since today he was actually feeling a little hungry and not nauseated. His thoughts were cut off when he received text. He grabbed his cell phone and opened it.

‘From: Donghae
Hyung, Hyukkie wants you to come and have dinner with us tonight.
Can you come?’

Sungmin frowned, he didn’t feel like going to have dinner with them, especially go into the house that brought back memories. ‘I guess I have to go since Hyukjae has been worrying about me.’ Sungmin sent Donghae a message back.

From: Sungmin
Yeah I’ll be there in a bit. I’ll just go home to change.

After he sent the message he turned off his phone without realizing it and started his way back home.

Didn’t take him long till he arrived to his house. He walked inside and went straight to his bedroom and picked out some cloths and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

Sungmin walked out of the shower and got dressed, then decided to rest a while and laid on his bed. ‘Will I be able to go? I haven’t been to Hyukjae’s house since he left… that was 2 years ago.’ Sungmin thought. But without realizing it he closed his eyes and dozed off into deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“He’s not coming.” said Kyuhyun a bit disappointed.

They were at Hyukjae’s house waiting on Sungmin. It had been 2 hours since he told them he was only going to go home and change. Donghae tried calling him but Sungmin’s phone was off and he wasn’t answering the house phone.

“He’ll come, he said he did and he never breaks his promises.” Donghae said feeling a little worried.

“Hae, maybe he’s sick. You know he hasn’t been feeling well.” Hyukjae said.

“Or maybe he still isn’t ready to come here. Maybe he’s still hurting.” Donghae said getting Kyuhyun’s attention.

“Still hurting? Did something happened to him?” Kyuhyun asked worriedly.

Donghae and Hyukjae exchanged looks. “ No, nothing happened. Lets just start eating. Maybe he’ll be a little late.” Donghae said.

They all seated at the table and started eating the food that Kyuhyun prepared. Yeah Kyuhyun made the food especially for Sungmin, and was a bit disappointed that Sungmin didn’t show up.

“So Kyuhyun-ssi, how old are you?” Donghae asked.

“I’m 22.” Kyuhyun answered.

“Oh so your 2 years younger than my hyung. I thought you were older since you seem more mature then Sungmin hyung.”

“And you.” Hyukjae murmured to himself but the other two were able to hear him. Kyuhyun started giggling and Donghae glared at him.

“The food tastes great Kyuhyun-ah. Right Donghae.” Hyukjae tried to get them to talk about something else to save himself.

“Yeah, Kyuhyun you cook pretty well. Mind teaching Sungmin hyung. He isn’t a really good cook.” Donghae asked and Kyuhyun chuckled.

“If he lets me, then I’ll be glad to teach him.” Kyuhyun answered.

Kyuhyun’s POV

Sungmin didn’t show up for dinner. What could have happened to Sungmin here at Hyukjae’s house? It must have been something unforgettable, but what? Or maybe he didn’t come because he’s feeling sick again.

“What school you graduated from? What college you went to? Are you independent or do you still live with your parents? Can you support a family with your wage?” ‘WTH’ I said in my mind.

‘Why is he asking me these questions? I thought he was with Hyukjae. What is wrong with him.’ I saw Hyukjae hid his face in his palms.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“Don’t mind him. He thinks you want something else with his brother because you two had lunch the other day. He is just an over possessive brother.” Hyukjae said.

“And boyfriend.” Donghae added with a smirk and Hyukjae rolled his eyes. Ha this two are amusing.

I’m happy for Hyukjae, he found an amazing guy. Although I still can’t believe it, he was such a playboy back in high school. Who would have thought he would trade all the girls in the world for this guy.

“Well I better get home and see how Sungmin hyung is alright. Thanks for the dinner Kyuhyun-ah.” Donghae bowed to me.

“I hope you enjoyed it.” I said.

“Hyukkie, I’ll come tomorrow. I love you, bye.” Donghae said and gave Hyukjae a kiss on the lips. Do they have to kiss in front of me? I happy for them but they don’t have to kiss in front of me. They make me want to have a lover too.

“I love you too, bye fishy.” Hyukjae said before Donghae walked out. Ha fishy and monkey. That’s an odd couple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nobody's POV

 Sungmin woke up with a headache and realized it was already dark outside. He lazily got off the bed and walked to the kitchen to get some water. He then walked to the living room where he had left his cell phone and grabbed it and turned it on. ‘When did I turn it off?’ he thought as he turned it on.

There were 8 missed calls from Donghae. He then remembered he had to go to Hyukjae’s house for dinner. “I’ll apologize tomorrow.” he said as he put his cell phone on the coffee table.

He was about to walk into the kitchen when his house phone started ringing. He went to pick it up and answered.

“Hello?” he asked.

“Sungmin-ah?” asked a someone on the other line.

“Yes. Who is this?” Sungmin asked him.

"Sungmin, its me..." Sungmin widden his eyes. He knew that voice perfectly


____________

Comments♥