Chapter 7

Time For Goodbye

Hyukjae had just finished a meeting he had with his uncle, Kyuhyun’s father, and his own mother so he was feeling exhausted since he has been spending everyday at the office. He finally had some free time and was thinking of going to see Donghae since he hasn’t seen him for a week.

He was walking care free and looking around as he did. Everything that was in his mind that was making him stressed out was slowly disappearing with the thought that he’ll see Donghae today. But he suddenly spotted something he couldn’t believe.

Donghae was with some guy and they were really close. He was going to make his way towards them when he saw them kiss. He felt hurt and his eyes burned with tears and soon the tears fell but he wiped them away.

Hyukjae made his way towards them trying to hold in his tears. Donghae who was shocked by Kibum’s sudden move just stayed there no able to move, he didn’t even see Hyukjae approaching them.

“Donghae…” Hyukjae called out and Donghae snapped out of it and pushed Kibum. “Hae…” Hyukjae could still not believe it.

“Hyukkie its not what you think! I-I…” Donghae felt a stingy pain. Hyukjae had just slapped him and was now walking away tears flowing down.

“Hyukjae wait!” Donghae was going to go after him but Kibum grabbed his arm. He turned around to look at him with sorry eyes. “I’m sorry Kibum, but I love Hyukjae and you can’t replace him.”

Kibum felt hurt and slowly lessen his grip on Donghae’s arm. Donghae didn’t wait for Kibum to completely let go of him and took off running after Hyukjae. Kibum felt tears ready to spill but he just smiled to prevent them from falling. He had really liked Donghae since the first time they met. He didn’t really expect Donghae to have falling for him in a short time.

Hyukjae had barely walked out of the mall’s entrance, so many emotions running through him. How could Donghae do that to him.

Donghae caught up with him, he grabbed Hyukjae’s arm and turned him around to face him. “Hyukkie listen…”

“No! just leave me alone!” Hyukjae tried to walk away but Donghae didn’t let him. He didn’t want to let Hyukjae go until they both explained. Donghae about the kiss and Hyukjae about his one week absence.

“Please listen, he was the one that kissed me… you know I would never cheat on you.” Donghae said.

“But you allowed him to kiss you, its the same thing.” Hyukjae said as he lowered his face and wiped his tears with back of his palm.

“He caught me off guard! What did you want me to do? You’ve been busy doing I don’t know what for a week!”

Hyukjae shot his head up to look at Donghae. “So this is my fault?!” he couldn’t believe Donghae was blaming him.

“What have you been doing this whole week?! You don’t even answer my text till late at night and only tell me goodnight and that you’ll go see me the next day and you don’t!”

“I was busy with family things!” Hyukjae answered almost yelling and when he realized he did he bowed to people who were staring at them. “Just go back to your other guy…” Hyukjae turned around and started to leave while Donghae was just standing there not able to go after him.

He wanted to go after Hyukjae but he couldn’t he couldn’t even talk to tell him to stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sungmin and Kyuhyun walked out of the pet store and saw an almost crying Kibum standing alone. Sungmin walked towards him.

“Kibummie what’s wrong?” he worriedly asked the younger boy but Kibum just shook his head and smiled widely showing his perfect white teeth.

“I just need to go home. I’ll leave first and I’ll see you tomorrow at work.” Kibum said and walked away leaving a confused Sungmin behind.

“What happened?” Kyuhyun asked when he approached Sungmin.

Sungmin shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know, he looked like he was about to cry.” Sungmin pouted. “And Donghae is missing.”

“Sungmin!” Sungmin and Kyuhyun turned around to see who had called Sungmin.

Kyuhyun stood in front of Sungmin shielding him from Siwon who had just approached them. Siwon bowed to both of them.

“I told you last time to stay away from Sungmin.” Kyuhyun said in a warning tone.

“I’m not here to cause trouble. I just came to apologize.” Siwon said in a hurt tone. “Sungmin, please forgive me. I know I was wrong.” Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin and Sungmin nodded with a small smile on his lips.

Siwon smiled brightly at the fact that Sungmin had finally forgiven him. “Please give me one more chance.” Siwon said and Kyuhyun quickly grabbed Sungmin’s hand and intertwined their fingers together.

“He can’t, he’s with me now.” both Siwon and Sungmin widen their eyes.

“Really?” Sungmin asked hopeful that Kyuhyun wasn’t just doing it to make Siwon back away.

Kyuhyun smiled at Sungmin. “That is if you want to be with me.”

“Of course I do!” Sungmin squealed.

“Sungmin you can’t be serious.” Siwon said as he tried to grave a hold of Sungmin but Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin towards him.

“Why can’t he? You had your chance and now its mine.”

“I forgave you, but can’t give you another chance. I’m sorry.” Sungmin pulled Kyuhyun with him as he passed by Siwon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donghae decided to take a walk to think things through. He doesn’t want to break up with Hyukjae but maybe they needed some time apart from each other. Donghae shook his head not wanting to think about that. He can’t live without his monkey.

He took out his cell phone to dial Hyukjae’s number but he saw a text from Hyukjae. Quickly opening it and reading he frowned at what the text said.

*From: Hyukjae

Hae I don’t know why you kissed another guy but I’ll trust that you didn’t do it on purpose… but lets just take some time off*

Donghae close his cell phone and sat on a bench that was near him. He rested his head in his palms. How could he survive for some time without Hyukjae by his side? The week Hyukjae was away from him was hell for Donghae. How much time will Hyukjae need?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyuhyun and Sungmin were driving back home after they looked around for Donghae and also called him, but Donghae didn’t answer and he was nowhere to be seen at the mall. Sungmin was now feeling a little shy since they were alone in Kyuhyun’s car, but he just had to ask to make sure.

“Kyu, are we a couple now?” Sungmin asked and felt embarrassed when he saw Kyuhyun smirk and he even blushed when Kyuhyun turned to look at him for a moment.

“Unless you don’t want me to be your boyfriend.” Kyuhyun said in a teasing tone.

Sungmin widen his eyes. “Of course I do!” Sungmin said afraid that Kyuhyun will really think he doesn’t want to be his boyfriend. “Its just that…” Sungmin bit his bottom lip.

“Just that what?”

“Nothing” Sungmin said and smiled as he rested his head on the seat since he was feeling a little pain on joints.

“If your tired you can sleep, I’ll wake you up when we get there.” Kyuhyun suggested and Sungmin nodded.

He tried to fall asleep but he was feeling drowsy and the pain wouldn’t go away so he decided to just keep his eyes close till they got to Sungmin’s house.

When they finally arrived Kyuhyun opened the door for Sungmin then helped him with BunnyHoney and the other stuff. They walked inside and placed BunnyHoney on a side table, in the cage, and the other stuff on the floor beside the table.

Kyuhyun notice that Sungmin was tired so he decided to cook for him to celebrate they are together now. “Min go sleep a bit, I’ll make dinner.”

“Oh no that’s okay I’ll make it.” Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun remembered Donghae and Hyukjae said that Sungmin isn’t good in the kitchen. “You didn’t get to eat what I prepared last time, so I’ll cook again today so you can see what a great cook I am.” Sungmin pouted. ‘Did Donghae and Hyukjae told him about my skills in the kitchen?’ he asked himself as he nodded.

Kyuhyun walked to the kitchen and Sungmin walked upstairs to his room. Sungmin was feeling horrible again. How would he eat what Kyuhyun prepared him if he has an upset stomach?

He sat on his bed and rested his back on the headboard, closing his eyes. He still can’t believe Kyuhyun is his boyfriend. They haven’t know each other for too long, yet Kyuhyun made him feel safe and happy all the time. He can’t even remember when he forgot about what Siwon did to him since he didn’t feel anything for Siwon anymore. Kyuhyun was now the only thing he thought about.

Sungmin min dozed off smiling weakly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donghae was walking around absent minded thinking about Hyukjae. He has been walking for hours and somehow his feet brought him to Hyukjae’s house. He didn’t want to be away from Hyukjae too long, he can’t. Hyukjae might get mad at him but he doesn’t care, he needs to talk to him.

Slowly walking towards the door, Donghae hesitated for a bit if he should knock or not, but he still did. Hyukjae opened the door and got shocked when he saw Donghae there.

“Didn’t you get my message?” Hyukjae asked.

“I did, and I am giving you the time you need after you tell me what is going on. I know there is something bothering you. Please tell me what it is.” Hyukjae sighed and stepped aside to let Donghae in.

Hyukjae closed the door when Donghae was in and they both walked over to the couch and took a seat. Hyukjae didn’t know where to start.

“Hyukkie you can tell me anything.” Donghae said as he caressed Hyukjae’s face.

Hyukjae took a deep breath. “I might be moving to Japan.” Hyukjae said and Donghae widened his eyes.

“What? But…”

“My mom and Kyuhyun’s father want me to take over the mall she opened in Japan a few months ago. It was supposed to be Kyuhyun’s job, but he said he wants to manage the one here.” Hyukjae lowered his head.

“Hyukkie you can’t, you can’t go to Japan… what will happen to us if you do?”

“I don’t want to. Siwon and I are trying to convince my mom to let Siwon take over for me. I trust Siwon. But my mom doesn’t want to coz Siwon isn’t even my fathers real son. She can’t trust Siwon with the share my father left her. She wants me to take over.” Donghae embraced Hyukjae.

Donghae wouldn’t let Hyukjae go to Japan. He needs Hyukjae by his side. “Then lets show your mother that she can trust Siwon. You two grew up like brothers so if she trusts you then she should trust Siwon.”

As if on cue Siwon walked in. He looked at the couple and bowed and the two stood up. “So for interrupting.” Siwon was about to walk to his room.

“Ya! We need to talk.” Donghae said.

Siwon turned around to look at Donghae. “I won’t bother Sungmin again now that he has a boyfriend.”

“Sungmin got a …BOYFRIEND?!” Donghae yelled the last word. His brother has a boyfriend? Since when?

“Why didn’t Kyuhyun tell me he was already going to ask Sungmin out?” Hyukjae pouted.

“Kyuhyun what?” Donghae asked still confused.

“Oh I forgot to tell you. Kyuhyun likes Sungmin and was planning on asking him out. I just didn’t think they would get together so soon.” Hyukjae smiled sheepishly.

“Hyung finally is dating someone.” Donghae was happy it was Kyuhyun who his brother was dating. He couldn’t trust anyone else but him for some reason. “But we still need to talk. Not about Sungmin but about you gaining Hyukkie’s mom trust.”

Siwon nodded and walked towards where Hyukjae and Donghae were and all three of them took a seat. They discussed on how Siwon will get Hyukjae’s mom trust for an hour. Donghae really wanted to help Siwon if it mean he’ll get to keep Hyukjae by his side.