Chapter 13

Time For Goodbye

“Sungmin!” Sungmin stood up from the seat in the waiting area. When Kyuhyun got into the ambulance with the other guy he followed in Kyuhyun’s car to see what was going on. “What happened?” Hyukjae asked.

“I-I don’t know. Kyuhyun and I were at the mall and we bumped into one of Kyu’s old classmate and Kyu acted a little cold towards his classmate so his classmate left.” Sungmin said and then he let himself fall back on the seat he was before.

Donghae and Hyukjae sat beside him. “And what happened after that?” Hyukjae asked. 

Sungmin shook his head. “I don’t know… we just heard someone calling for an ambulance so we ran outside to see what had happen. Kyuhyun’s cl-classmate was on the middle of the street u-unconscious and h-he had blood a-ll ov…er.” Sungmin said almost panicking. 

“Calm down hyung, everything will be fine.” Donghae tried to calm his brother when he saw Sungmin shaking. “Why are you like this anyway? Kyuhyun didn’t get hurt and neither did you.”

“I know but, but I feel like it was my fault!”

“Its not your fault. Just calm down and you’ll se that when Kyuhyun comes back he’ll say that everything is fine.” Hyukjae said. 

“Where’s Kyuhyun anyway?” Donghae asked when he took notice of Kyuhyun’s absence.

“I don’t know… he followed inside I guess… He‘s probably waiting in the other waiting room.” Sungmin lean into his brother’s arms looking for confort which the other gladly gave him.

The three waited for 2 hours till Hyukjae sent a text message to Kyuhyun.

From: Hyukjae
To: Kyuhyun
Where are? Sungmin is so worried.

It took Kyuhyun about 20 minutes to text back.

From Kyuhyun
To: Hyukjae
I’m taking care of Wook we’re in room 474

When Hyukjae got the text he let the brothers know and Sungmin quickly walked towards the direction which the room was located. He wanted to know what had happen to Kyuhyun’s ‘classmate’ and he hoped that it was nothing serious. Sungmin opened the door as soon as he reached his destination and wished he had knocked first.

Inside the other guy was laying on bed sleeping and Kyuhyun was holding his hand as if he would never let go, while caressing the other’s cheek so lovingly. Sungmin froze and tears slowly fell.

“Sungmin what’s wrong?” Donghae asked when he saw his brother. He turned to the direction Sungmin was looking and felt anger rising but Hyukjae quickly pulled him out of the room.

“What the hell Hyukjae? Why is your cousin like that with that guy?!” Donghae angrily asked.

“Its not what it seems. He is just a friend.” Hyukjae said. 

“That didn’t look like they are just friends!”

“Lower your voice! We are in a hospital.” Hyukjae tried to calm Donghae down and when he did Hyukjae continued. “Do you remember the story I told you before? The reason why Kyuhyun left?” Donghae nodded. “Well that’s Ryeowook… Kyuhyun’s ex.”

Sungmin who had just walked out of the room since he didn’t want to see the scene anymore and Kyuhyun didn’t even take notice of him, widen his eyes when he heard what Hyukjae had said. He didn’t know if he felt hurt because Kyuhyun lied to him or because Kyuhyun seemed to still have feelings for the other. Either one he felt so broken and just wanted to be alone. He wanted to run but his body felt numb.

“Sungmin hyung… I-I” Hyukjae tried to explain.

The older of the three slightly shook his head signaling Hyukjae not to continue.

“Hyung! Your nose.” Donghae said and quickly got closer to his brother when he noticed something red on Sungmin’s nose.

Sungmin quickly touched under his nose with his fingers and felt a warm liquid; he looked at his fingers and saw that it was blood. He quickly wiped it away. Donghae and Hyukjae got worried but Sungmin just smiled.

“Its nothing, maybe just a little stress but that’s it.” he said.

“Since we’re here at the hospital you should go get a check up. You look a little pale.” Hyukjae offered.

Sungmin shook his head. “Its really not necessary. I’m fine.” Sungmin said and kept the smile even though he was feeling as if he would faint.

Hyukjae and Donghae were about to protest but they didn’t have time since Kyuhyun came out.

“Oh you guys are here?” he asked. He had been oblivious of their presence since he could only think of Ryeowook. “Min what’s wrong?” he asked his boyfriend when he notice the blood that Sungmin had missed when he wiped it away.

Sungmin widen his eyes. He didn’t want to worry Kyuhyun anymore than he already was so a little lie won’t hurt, right?

“I ran into a door, you know I’m clumsy.”

“Tell him the truth.” Hyukjae demanded. Sungmin glared at Hyukjae.

Kyuhyun worriedly looked at Sungmin and waited till for the older to tell him what really happened; but the other didn’t say anything.

“Tell me what happened Sungmin.” he said softly.

The older still kept quiet. He didn’t want to say anything because he also didn’t know what was wrong.

“Sungmin…” Kyuhyun was going to grab Sungmin’s cheek but his hand got swatted away by Sungmin.

“I’m fine, its just a little blood. Don’t make a big deal out of it.” Sungmin said and walked away. He didn’t know why he felt so frustrated all of a sudden.

“Will you watch Ryeowook for a while so I can go talk to Sungmin?” Kyuhyun asked his cousin and Hyukjae nodded.

The youngest ran after his boyfriend to see what was going on with him. He managed to catch up with him before the elevator door opened.

“Sungmin what’s wrong?”

“Its nothing, I’m just tired.” 

“I’ll take you home.” Kyuhyun offered but Sungmin shook his head.

“Stay with your friend. He needs you.” Sungmin bitterly said. He didn’t want to get jealous but he liked Kyuhyun so much.

“Your more important. Come on I’ll drive.” Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin’s hand and walked into the elevator.

The elevator stopped at the parking lot of the hospital and the doors opened allowing Kyuhyun and Sungmin to walk out. Kyuhyun lead the way still having Sungmin’s hand in his, but soon he stopped on his tracks.

“What’s wrong?” Sungmin asked worriedly.

“Where did you park the car?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin looked around and realized he forgot. “Uhh… somewhere around here.”

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Give me the keys.” he said and extended his hand.

Sungmin started to look for the keys inside his pants and when he found them he gave them to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun pressed a button on the keys and the lights of his car where seen on the 3rd row.

As the drove towards Sungmin’s house Kyuhyun glanced at Sungmin. The other was looking out the window and looked really down.

“What wrong?” Kyuhyun asked worriedly.

Sungmin shook his head but never took his sight from outside. Kyuhyun sighed and concentrated back on driving. Sungmin glanced at Kyuhyun this time.

“Kyu?” Sungmin had to ask even though he already knew the answer.

“Hmm?”

“Was that really just your classmate?” the older asked

Kyuhyun sighed again and shook his head. Sungmin felt better now that Kyuhyun hadn’t lied but it also broke his heart thinking that Kyuhyun still had feelings for the other.

“He’s my ex… my first love. We dated a few years while in high school, but my father didn’t approve of it. I did everything to be with him but one day he disappeared.”

“D-Do you still love him?” Sungmin just had to ask.

Kyuhyun was silent for a while then answered. “No, I love you now.” he said and Sungmin smiled.

Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin’s hand and held it tight. The rest of the way.

“How about a date tomorrow?” Kyuhyun asked when they were at Sungmin’s doorstep.

“But Hyukjae leaves tomorrow.”

“After we drop him off at the airport.” Sungmin nodded and gave Kyuhyun a kiss on the cheek.

Kyuhyun like the kiss but he wanted more. Before Sungmin could go inside Kyuhyun pull him into a tight hug and crashed his lips on Sungmin’s.

~•○•~

“Do you really have to go tomorrow?” Donghae asked his lover.

They were currently sitting on a couch in Ryeowook’s room. Hyukjae had his head on Donghae’s should while Donghae had his arms wrapped around the older.

“We’ll only be separated for two weeks, then no one will get in our way ever.” Hyukjae said and raised his head to look at the younger.

“I love you too much to be apart from you. But if that will make your mother let us be together then I’ll have to survive those two weeks without you.” Donghae gave Hyukjae a kiss on the lips.

“Promise me you’ll really go… that you won’t forget me.” Hyukjae asked. He had a feeling that Donghae wasn’t going to go to Japan.

“I promise. Your everything to me.”

 

______________________________________________________

I'm so sorry I promised to update as soon as I came back from SMTOWN LA but because I took two weeks off both my jobs they decided to not give me time for me... I still don't have time but since this fic is finished I'll post a chapter every day... well two more hehe it only has 15  chapters... I also promise to update my other fics soon... I'll be taking a vacation to mexico in two weeks so I promise to write none stop... and yes I'll keep my promises this time! 

please leave your love so I can get inspired n.n