Chapter 10

Time For Goodbye

Kyuhyun was finishing up his work as quickly as he could so he could go pick up Sungmin from work. He didn’t want to be one second late since Sungmin told him that Siwon said that he would be visiting him at the café from now on. Kyuhyun didn’t want to Sungmin to meet up with Siwon alone. He was almost done when his phone started ringing and an unknown number appeared on the screen. Since he didn’t know who it was he decided to ignore it but his phone started to ring again so sighing he decided to answer it.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Kyu…” that voice was so familiar to Kyuhyun but he couldn’t put a finger on who it was.

“Yes, and you are?”
There was a silence on the other line. “It’s me kyu… Don’t you recognize my voice?” the other asked and Kyuhyun felt his heart beating so fast. He had finally recognized the voice.

The voice he thought was like a lovely melody, the voice he wanted to hear years ago, the voice he never wanted to hear since he lost hope of ever hearing it again. Once again he was hearing the voice that broke his heart 4 years again. The pain that Sungmin was helping him forget was coming back.

“Kyu are you there?”

“Y-yes… I’m still here.” Kyuhyun replied but it was almost in a whisper.

“Are you busy?”

Kyuhyun couldn’t talk to the one who left him heart broken. “Yes I’m really busy, bye.” Kyuhyun said and hung up before the other could say anything.

He felt his eyes burning and soon he felt the tears falling. He needed to get out of the office so he quickly stood up and headed towards the door, completely forgetting his phone on his desk. His mind was so full of the memories bad and good. ‘Why did he have to call now’ Kyuhyun thought.

Kyuhyun left his office and drove to who knows where; all he knew was that he was feeling hurt again.

He didn’t know where he was driving to and he didn’t care either. He just wanted to get away from everything that reminded him of the one who hurt. Holding back the tears wasn’t easy but he managed to, even if his eyes were blurry. He didn’t want to cry for him anymore.

Without realizing it he stopped in front of a house that was so familiar. This place was where he had been happy and was also the place where he had cried endless nights. Kyuhyun opened the door of his car and slowly walked towards the house. When he reached the door he reached into his pockets and took out a key. He opened the door and hesitated to walk in but decided it was the best to be able to let go.

As he walked through the living room he saw that everything was still the same as it was 4 years ago, the only thing that changed was that it was really dusty and the furniture was covered in white sheets. He doesn’t remember a day when this house was dirty; every time he came here everything was sparkling clean. He wandered through the rooms and flashbacks of those days that he was so happy with his special someone came rushing through his mind and without a warning a tear fell and rolled down his right eye followed by another from his left eye. He walked down the hallway and into the last room; the room that used to be filled with smiles and laughter. He walked towards the dresser and saw pictures of himself and of the one he had missed so much. The tears started to flow like rivers and more memories came running through his mind. He raised the picture and threw it towards the wall; making the frame and glass break into pieces.

“Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun heard that same familiar voice and looked up at the mirror that was in front of him and facing the door.

A familiar figure that he had missed so much stood at the door with tears in his eyes. Kyuhyun couldn’t take it anymore; seeing him was hurting him so much. He clenched his fist and raised it throwing a punch at the mirror. The mirror broke into a thousand small pieces and scattered all over the space where Kyuhyun was standing.

“Kyuhyun!” the other ran towards Kyuhyun and grabbed a hold of his hand which was bleeding.

Kyuhyun retrieved his hand and pushed the other away slightly. “What are you doing here?” he asked the other looking inside his eyes.

“I knew you would come here. I really wanted to see you.”

“I thought you would never come back to Korea.” Kyuhyun said with hurt noticeable in his voice. “You were the one who left, why would you miss me?”

“I’m sorry. I never wanted to leave but…”

“But what?!” Kyuhyun interrupted. “Your career was more important?”

“I’m sorry, I was wrong.”

Kyuhyun wiped his tears away and started walking towards the door wanting to leave the place and the person who the place belonged to. When he was about to reach the door of the room to walk out a hand grabbed him, preventing him from leaving.

“Please Kyuhyun, don’t leave.” The other begged.

“I’m sorry Ryeowook; you made your choice years ago. I have someone else now.”

Ryeowook got weak when he heard that Kyuhyun had someone else. He let go of Kyuhyun’s hand and watched him leave with tears rolling.

~•○•~

Sungmin was waiting for his shift too ends; only a couple more minutes and it would end. The other’s had already left, it was only him and Yesung who had insisted on staying to learn more of what he had to do. The last costumer stood up and waved at Sungmin.

Sungmin waved back with a smile. “Come again sir.” He said then bowed.

He turned back to look at the clock and happily smiled when he saw that it was time to close. He walked towards the door and changed the sing that said open to the said closed. Sungmin turned around to walk to the changing room to change and wait for Kyuhyun to pick him up; but thunder was heard outside and the lights went out. He quickly turned around outside and saw that it had started to rain hard. He started shaking, he was always afraid of being alone when it was raining and with the light of he was terrified.

“Sungmin~” Sungmin stiffen when he heard a whisper behind him.

He wanted to run away, but his feet seemed to be stuck on the ground and his body wasn’t responding to what his brain was ordering it to do. He tried to open his mouth to scream but nothing came out.

“Sungmin~” Sungmin heard once again and this time it was closer to his ear. He turned around to look at who ever was behind him.

“AHH!” Sungmin screamed when he saw the face of a reptile.

“Sungmin what’s wrong?” Yesung asked.

Sungmin took a better look at the one who had scared him and he saw that it was Yesung holding a turtle. “What is that?!”

“What? This?” Yesung showed him the turtle. “This is Ddangkoma. I couldn’t find anyone to babysit so I could come to work, so I decided to bring him with me.”

“YOU BROUGHT A TURTLE TO WORK?!” Sungmin snapped.

Yesung quickly covered Ddangkoma’s ears. Shh, he doesn’t know he is a turtle. He thinks he is human like us. His therapist suggested that we keep it a secret till he figures he is a turtle by himself.”

“Let me guess his therapist is Dr. Turtist.”

“How did you know?” Yesung surprisingly asked and Sungmin palm faced himself.

“Just go change.” Sungmin suggested and Yesung nodded.

Yesung did as Sungmin said and started walking towards the changing room leaving Sungmin behind. Thunder was heard and Sungmin started to run towards the changing room.

“Yesung hyung wait for me!”

While they were changing Sungmin tried to call Kyuhyun, but his calls where sent to voicemail. After the 4th call he closed his phone and put it in his jean’s pocket. Yesung walked turned around to face Sungmin.

“Is he not picking up?”

Sungmin faced Yesung and smiled. “He’s probably on his way and can’t answer because it’s raining and he’s driving.” Sungmin hoped that was really what was happening.

“I would still answer if it was my boyfriend calling.” Yesung said and Sungmin smile.

“I bet you would be the perfect boyfriend. I hope you find that special someone soon.”

Yesung smiled but in the inside he was hurting, he really liked Sungmin. “I hope I find him too.” He said. “We should go.”

“You go on first; I’ll have to wait for Kyuhyun.”

“I can give you a ride.” Yesung offered.

Sungmin shook his head. “I know Kyuhyun will be here soon.”

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow at school then.” Yesung said and left after receiving a nod and another smile from Sungmin.

Sungmin walked out of the changing room and sighed after he saw Yesung’s car leaving. ‘Is Kyuhyun really coming?’ he asked himself.

After 45 minutes of waiting and trying to reach Kyuhyun, he gave up. ‘I guess you’re not coming.’ He said to himself and decided to walk home since he hadn’t seen a single taxi pass by. He hesitated to open the door and walk out but there really wasn’t any other option since he also hadn’t brought any money with him so what use would a taxi be. And paying once he got home never crossed his mind.

He slowly walked under the rain towards his house. He hadn’t brought a jacket either, he was freezing and the worst was that he wasn’t feeling so good, he had a headache and he wanted to throw up. He felt like crying and since it was raining he decided to cry. Just then a car pulled up in front of him.

Confused at the car that looked familiar, he approached it trying to look inside while he wiped his tears that were now rain drops since the rain had washed them away. The window rolled down revealing Yesung.

“Do you want the ride now?” Yesung asked and Sungmin pouted.

“Why are you still here?” Sungmin asked with still the pout on his face.


“Ddang wanted to keep ridding before we went home.” Yesung lied. “Get in before you get sick.”

Sungmin’s pout faded and a smile appeared on his lips. He was so thankful Yesung was around to offer the rid again. He happily opened the door and stepped in the car. “Thanks Yesung hyung.”

“Where do you live?” Sungmin gladly gave him directions. “He should have called you to tell you he wasn’t coming.” Yesung said after he took note of the directions in his head.

Sungmin lowered his head knowing Yesung was right. Kyuhyun should have called. “He probably had something more important to do.”

“He still should had called, and if he couldn’t he should have asked someone to do it for him.”

Sungmin kept quiet since he knew Yesung was right in everything but he wasn’t going to get mad at Kyuhyun because he was sure that Kyuhyun had an emergency. At least that’s what he wanted to believe.


________________
I want to apologize for not posting this on the 15
I wrote the two chapters I promised but I accidently forgot to save them T^T
So I had to write them again... I haven't wrote chapter 11 yet since my friend's mother is in the hospital and I'm trying to help him in everything I can...
I'll try to write chatper 11 by friday since I have a full schedule on Wed and Thur.
Comment ♥