Chapter 6

Time For Goodbye

Donghae was walking Kibum to work again like he had for the past week. He had nothing else to do since Hyukjae didn’t visit him and he didn’t dare go to his house since Siwon was staying there. Every day Hyukjae would send him a message saying he was busy and he was really sorry and that he would try to go visit him the next day, which he didn’t.

“What’s wrong? You’ve been down ever since school started.” Kibum asked him and Donghae shrugged his shoulders.

“Its just that I miss Hyukjae, he seems distant lately. He only sends me 1 text at night saying he will come see me the next day and he never comes. I’m the one that always goes to see him, but with Siwon there I can go.” Donghae said.

He didn’t know why, but he felt like he could tell Kibum all his problems. He could easily open up to him. Donghae didn’t even know since when did they become so close. All he knew was that being around Kibum he didn’t feel so depressed when he didn’t see Hyukjae.

“You think he is…”

“NO! don’t even say cheating, coz I know he isn’t. Hyukjae would never cheat on me. I know him too well.” even though Donghae didn’t want to hear it he was really doubting Hyukjae at times. But he has to believe in him.

“Sorry.” Kibum apologized. ‘I keep falling even more with him by the minute.’ Kibum thought. “I haven’t seen Kyuhyun-ssi in the past week either. Maybe something is going on. Didn’t you say they are cousin’s?” Kibum said and again Donghae shrugged his shoulders.

“Why don’t we go to the mall tomorrow? It’ll help you forget your problems for a while.” Kibum suggested.

Donghae thought for a while. “I need to go buy some stuff anyway.” Donghae said as they arrived to the café.

“Okay, I’ll go pick you up at noon. Is that alright?” Kibum asked him.

“Yeah. See you tomorrow. Bye~” Donghae waved and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Donghae was making breakfast while Sungmin was still sleeping. He was flipping a pancake when he heard the doorbell ring. He left the pancake on the stove and walked towards the door to see who it was.

When he opened the door he saw Kyuhyun standing at the door holding a small stuffed bunny. Kyuhyun bowed and Donghae did the same.

“Kyuhyun, what brings you here?” he asked as he stepped aside and signaled Kyuhyun to enter.

Kyuhyun gladly walked in. “Well, I’ve been busy and haven’t been able to visit the café so I came by to see how Sungmin was doing.” Kyuhyun asked and Donghae signaled him to sit down on the couch. “Has Siwon bothered him?”

Donghae took a seat next to Kyuhyun. “Sungmin hyung is fine. School is doing him some good. And Siwon hasn’t bothered him since he came back.” Donghae answered.

“Is he eating?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Not as much as he used to, he used to eat at least 3 meals a day, but he only eats once or twice. But I think its because of all the pressure he’s had.”

“Where is he?” Kyuhyun finally asked.

“He’s still sleeping. He also became so tired lately. Always sleeping because he has a headache or he’s just not feeling well.”

Kyuhyun nodded then smelled something burning. “Are you cooking?” he asked and Donghae widen his eye.

Donghae quickly stood up and ran to the kitchen and Kyuhyun followed. They entered the kitchen and it was filled with smoke. Donghae ran to the stove to turned it off the grabbed the pan and put it on the sink to run water over it. Kyuhyun opened the window to let the smoke out as both were coughing.

They both then went back to the living room. “Make yourself comfortable, I’ll go get Sungmin.” Donghae said before heading upstairs.

Donghae walked in the Sungmin’s room and approached the sleeping figure. “Hyung, wake up.” he shook the latter’s body a little. “Hyung, someone came by to see you.” Donghae said trying to wake the sleeping boy.

“Tell them to come in the morning, let me sleep.” Sungmin said and covered his face with the blankets.

Donghae sighed. “Okay, but Kyuhyun-ssi will be disappointed if you don’t go greet him.” Donghae said and Sungmin quickly uncovered his face and sat up at the mention of Kyuhyun’s name.

“Kyuhyun is here?!” Sungmin asked and stood up the bed. “OMO! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?! Look at me! I’m a mess!” Sungmin started to panic as he ran all over his room getting cloths and what ever he needed and rushed into the bathroom.

“Ya! Lee Donghae why didn’t you tell me sooner! Now I have to make him wait a bit longer! You’re a great brother!” Sungmin yelled from inside the restroom and Donghae face palmed himself and walked out of Sungmin’s room heading downstairs.

Kyuhyun on the other hand had heard Sungmin yelling and chuckled to himself.

“Sorry, he’s always cranky when someone wakes him up.” Donghae told Kyuhyun as he entered the living room.

Sungmin took a quick shower and changed quickly and fixed his hair then looked in the mirror. He was quite satisfied so he ran downstairs to see Kyuhyun. He has been dieing to see him since Kyuhyun didn’t go to the café for a whole week. Sungmin almost fell as he entered the living room but caught his balance.

Donghae and Kyuhyun looked at him and Sungmin smiled at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun stood up and greeted Sungmin.

“Here” Kyuhyun handed Sungmin the stuffed bunny he brought him. “Its to make up for the week I didn’t go to the café. Hope you forgive me.” Kyuhyun said and Sungmin nodded blushing 3 shades of red.

Donghae giggled at his brother then walked into the kitchen to give them privacy. He didn’t think he would need to be an overprotective brother if Kyuhyun was around, he trusted the guy.

“Thanks. And don’t worry I wasn’t mad, you must have other stuff to do then to go to the café.” Sungmin shyly said.

Donghae stuck his head out the door. “Would you like to stay for breakfast? Sungmin would love you too.” Sungmin blushed even more.

“Donghae!”

“I’d love to.” Kyuhyun said and smiled at Sungmin.

They sat for on the couch and chatted till Donghae finished making breakfast. He called the both into the kitchen so they could eat breakfast.

It was around 9:55 am when they finished and the door bell was heard. Donghae quickly stood up and ran to open it. There was Kibum standing with a smile that showed his perfect white and shiny teeth.

“Kibum!”

“Hi~ you ready?” he asked Donghae as the latter let him in.

“Just a few minutes. We just ate breakfast.” Donghae said.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun walked out the kitchen and saw Kibum. “Kibummie!!” Sungmin ran towards Kibum and hugged him. “What are you doing here?”

“Donghae and I are going to the mall.” Kibum answered and returned the hug.

“Oh right! Hyung I’m going to the mall with Kibum. Wanna come?” Donghae asked.

“Kyuhyun, you want to go?” Sungmin asked Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun just nodded and smiled. “Okay, will go!” Sungmin said and jumped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The four entered the mall and strolled around entering some stores and coming empty handed since they didn’t seem to like anything. Except Kibum who had bout a few shirts. They had been walking around for a few hours now.

“So should we eat next?” Kyuhyun asked them and the others nodded in agreement. “Where do you guys want to eat?” both Donghae and Kibum shrugged their shoulders.

The three then looked at Sungmin who had his eyes widen and jaw dropped.

“Sungmin? Sungmin, what’s wrong?” Kyuhyun shook his shoulder to get his attention but what he got was a huge grin from Sungmin.

“BUNNIES!!!!” Sungmin screamed and ran into the pet shop across from where they were.

Kyuhyun looked at Kibum and Donghae and then ran after Sungmin. He entered the pet shop and saw Sungmin looking at the bunnies with amazed eyes.

“Look Kyu~ they are so cute!” Sungmin said and Kyuhyun froze at what Sungmin had called him.

‘Kyu! He called me Kyu!’ Kyuhyun said in his mind. He was so happy. “You want one?” Kyuhyun asked Sungmin.

Sungmin widen his eyes in happiness. “Really? You’ll buy me one?” Sungmin asked and Kyuhyun nodded.

“Which one you want?” Sungmin looked at all the bunnies then smiled.

“That one!” Sungmin said and pointed to the smallest bunny.

Kyuhyun called the clerk and asked her to give him the small bunny. When the worker got the bunny and handed it to Sungmin, Kyuhyun gave his credit card and told her to charge the bunny, a cage and some food on it.

“What are you going to name it?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin thought for a moment. “Hmm… BUNNYHONEY!!!!” Sungmin screamed for the 100th time that day. Kyuhyun was loving this cute side of Sungmin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mean while Donghae and Kibum where waiting for them in the same place.

“How are things with Hyukjae?” Kibum asked Donghae to break the silence.

“The same they were yesterday.” Donghae said as a sigh escaped.

“Donghae, maybe things aren’t meant to be between you two. There might be someone else for you.” Kibum said and Donghae looked at him in confusion.

“What do you mean?” Donghae asked.

“I like you… could you give me a chance?” Kibum asked and Donghae was lost in words. He didn’t see this coming. Did he also like Kibum? What about Hyukjae? Did Hyukjae still like him?

All those questions were going on in his mind. “Kibum… I…” Donghae was caught off guard when Kibum kissed on the lips. He was shocked but soon responded to the kiss unaware of a pair of eyes that were looking at them ready to spill tears.


_____________________________

Sorry if its short but I am on semi hiatus so I just decided to do write a short update today...
And please don't hate Kibum... he's just following what his heart is telling him to do... wouldn't you kiss Donghae too if you were in front of him? I know hime24 would lol
Comments