Chapter 1

Time For Goodbye

Sungmin woke up with the sound of his phone ringing. He sleepily answered it. “Hello?”

“Hyung, I’m with Hyukjae and will be home late in the afternoon.”

“Okay just don’t be late for dinner.”

“Don’t stay all day in bed again hyung, go out for a while.”

“I will. Bye.” Sungmin closed his phone and covered himself with the cover and tried to go to sleep again but his head was hurting.

He got up and took a quick shower then after he got dressed he went downstairs to eat something. After eating he went into the living room and sat on the couch turning on the television. ‘I should go shopping since there isn’t anything else to do.’ he thought as he was feeling bored.

Sungmin went out of the house locked the door and headed to the bus stop, feeling too tired to drive. He got on the bus and took a seat and started to listen to his mp3 when suddenly Kyuhyun’s face popped in his mind and he blushed. ‘Aish, Sungmin stop thinking about Hyukjae’s cousin! He probably doesn’t even remember you’ he shook and lightly hit his head “Stupid, stupid, stupid.”. Suddenly he remembered he was in a public bus and he looked up seeing all the people looking at him so he smiled awkwardly and turned to look out the window.

He arrived at the mall and went inside.

Sungmin's POV

‘Where should I start?’ I thought to myself. ‘ I need to buy some new jeans’ I kept on thinking, then I walked into a cloths store. I started to try on some cloths and I felt so tired so I just bought 2 pairs of jeans and 3 t-shirts then started to walk around the mall for a bit.

 

As I was walking I notice a store that had a bunch of stuffed bunnies! And they are PINK!! So I ran to the store but didn’t go inside just stared at the pink bunnies through the glass window. “So cute!”

“Sungmin-ssi?”

Someone called me so I turned around and I widened my eyes, it was Kyuhyun. ‘Did he hear me call the stuffed bunnies cute? So embarrassing’. “H-hi Kyuhyun-ssi.” I said.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Oh, well Donghae went out with Hyukjae this morning and said he won’t be back till late in the afternoon.”

“So that’s why he wasn’t at home this morning.” Kyuhyun said, he was thinking out loud. “I’m about to go eat want to join me?” Kyuhyun asked me.

“Sure.”

“Let me help you with your bags.” he reached and grabbed my shopping bags. “Where would you like to eat?”

“Anywhere is fine.”

“You like Italian?”

I nodded then he started walking and I followed him outside to his car. Kyuhyun walked to the passengers seat and opened the door for me, I got in and he walked to the drivers seat and started the car. The drive was silent all the way but I can’t stop staring at him, he looks so perfect.

We arrived to the restaurant and walked inside and sat down then he ordered for me.

“How long has Hyukjae and Donghae been dating?” Kyuhyun finally broke the silence.

“About 3 years now, but it seems like they just started dating. They are the perfect couple.” I said. Its true they are so loving to each other.

“And do you have a boyfriend?”

“Huh?”

“You don’t like guys?” he asked

“I do, but I don’t have a boyfriend at the moment.” I said. Does he also like guys? “Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?”

“No, I had a boyfriend buy we broke up a few years ago when I went to America to study.” he said and I smile, he likes guys too!

The waiter came with our food and placed it in front of us. We talked for a bit while eating till we finished.

“You didn’t like the food?” Kyuhyun asked me when he saw my plate almost full. I wasn’t really hungry and my stomach just won’t take a lot of food lately.

“Oh no, its really good I’m just not that hungry.”

“You don’t eat much. Are you anorexic?” he asked

“Huh? No I usually eat a lot but I just haven’t been feeling like eating that much lately.” I said truthfully.

“Are you seek?” he asked a little worried.

“No, I’m just probably stressed out or something.” I said and he nodded.

Kyuhyun looked at his watch then turned to look at me. “ I have a meeting in an hour, I’ll take you home.” he said as he paid for both of our meals and then we headed outside back to his car.

We talked a bit on the way. He owns the mall!! Why didn’t Hyukjae tell me that his cousin owns the mall? I bet Donghae knows and he didn’t tell me! “ So what do you do?” Kyuhyun asked me.

“I work in a café.”

“Your not studying?”

“Yea but I had to quit for a bit when our parents died. But I’m going to go back next semester.” I said. Yea our parents died 2 years ago and I had to quit college and get a job to pay Donghae’s school and to be able to eat.

“I’m sorry.” he said.

We arrived and he helped me with my shopping bags and walked me to the door. “Thanks, would you like to come in?” I asked hopping he would say yes.

“I would but the meeting starts in thirty minutes and its important.” Kyuhyun said and I was a bit disappointed. “Maybe next time. Take care.” he said and left. I just smiled at him and waved.

As I opened the door I heard someone fall and someone else running away from the door, I guess Donghae and Hyukjae are home. I saw Donghae on the floor and Hyukjae sitting on the catch , more like lying down in an uncomfortable position.

“Donghae, weren’t you going to come home later today?” I asked him as he stood up.

“Yeah, but monkey wanted to come home and cook something for you since he notice you haven’t been eating well lately.” Donghae said.

“Oh thanks Hyukjae, but I already ate.” I bowed my head a little to Hyukjae.

“You ate with my cousin, didn’t you?” Hyukjae asked and I couldn’t helped but blush.

“Hyung, your blushing!” Donghae pinched my cheeks.

“Donghae stop! It hurts!” I tried pushing Donghae but I don’t have any strength.

He let go and I rubbed my abused cheeks. “I went to the mall looking at some stuffed bunnies and he came up to me and asked me if I wanted to have lunch with him.” I said. And why was I mad at them again? Oh yea… “Why didn’t you guys tell me that Hyukjae’s cousin is the owner of the mall?!”

“Because you would ask Hyukjae to tell Kyuhyun to give you a discount and buy all the stuffed animals in the shops or every single pink think you see at the mall.” Donghae said and went to sit beside Hyukjae.

“I wanted to tell you but Donghae always made me forget it when I was about to tell you. Plus I didn’t think it was important.” Hyukjae said.

“So how was the date?” Donghae asked and again I blushed.

“It wasn’t a date… we just had lunch together.” I said truthfully, but I wish it was a date.

“Kyuhyun asked about you the other day after you dropped us off.” Hyukjae said.

“Really?” I ran and sat beside him. “What did he ask?” I asked Hyukjae, with a hint of excitement.

“Well he was worried because he said you looked pale and you didn’t eat much at the restaurant. He asked if you were sick. He just me with a bunch of questions about you and Donghae.” Hyukjae answered.

Omo! Kyuhyun asked about me!