Chapter 8

Time For Goodbye

“So what happened between you and Kibum yesterday?” Sungmin asked his brother as the had lunch in the canteen.

 

“What you mean? Nothing happened.” Donghae replied.

 

“You two went separate ways after Kyuhyun and I went to the pet shop. Kibum seemed hurt and he didn’t want to hang out with us today. Something must have happened.”

 

“He confessed and I rejected him.” Donghae said simply but Sungmin choked on his food.

 

“He what?!” Sungmin asked when he was able to swallow his food.

 

Donghae took a sip of his milk before he answered. “Well when you went running into the pet shop and Kyuhyun went after you, Kibum confessed and kissed me. Hyukjae saw us and he was hurt so I rejected Kibum and went after my Hyukkie.”

                                                                                       

“Hyukjae what?! How could you?! He must be so hurt!” 

 

“He was but I think he forgave me. Now I need to help him convince his mom to let Siwon take over the company branch in Japan so my Hyukkie doesn’t have to go.”

 

Sungmin choke again. How many things happened while he was at the pet shop? “Siwon is going to Japan?”

 

“Only if we can convince Hyukjae’s mom to let him, because she wants to send my Hyukkie to Japan. I’m not going to let that happened. If we can’t then I’ll have to move to Japan with him.” Donghae said.

 

“Sungmin ssi” Sungmin turned around to where he heard his named being called. Standing next to him was his classmate Kim Jongwoon, better known as Yesung.

 

“Oh Jongwoon ssi” Sungmin stood up. “Do you need something?” 

 

“Umm… well… I wanted to ask you if you would go out with me.”

 

Sungmin wasn’t expecting that and he didn’t really know how to reject Jongwoon. “You’re a little late Yesung.” Donghae said when he saw Sungmin was having a hard time speaking. Sungmin was opening his mouth but no sound came out so he shut it again.

 

“Are you seeing someone already?” Yesung asked Sungmin and the latter looked at the floor.

 

Sungmin nodded his head. “Ye, I’m already seeing someone at the moment. I’m really sorry.”

 

Yesung smiled. “It’s alright, it’s my fault. I should have asked you out earlier. Could we be friends?” Yesung asked and Sungmin raised his head looking at Yesung with a smile plastered on his lips.

 

“Of course we can!” Sungmin said.

 

“Okay, I’ll see you around Min!” and with that Yesung left.

 

Sungmin sat back down with a sad expression on his face. “What’s wrong?” Donghae asked his hyung.

 

“I felt bad for rejecting him…” Sungmin truthfully said.

 

“Then you shouldn’t have.”

 

“Ya! I’m dating Kyu now.” Sungmin pouted.

 

“Well you can date both” Donghae joked and Sungmin widen his eyes and his jaw dropped.

 

“Are you even my brother?! How can you tell me to two-time?! I can’t do that to Kyu nor Jongwoon ssi.” Sungmin snapped at Donghae, who started laughing at his hyung’s reaction.

 

Of course Donghae didn’t really mean it, but he knew Sungmin like Yesung a little. Sungmin never admitted it, but Donghae knew he did.

 

~O~

 

Hyukjae was working on some papers alongside Kyuhyun, but his mind was wondering to some other place. As he wrote something on the papers he passed them to Kyuhyun to go over them then went back to thinking. He had his elbows on the table and his chin resting on his hands, eyes looking at nothing in particular but air. He dropped the pen he was holding in his hand without noticing it and Kyuhyun turned around to look at his cousin.

 

Kyuhyun called Hyukjae's name but the older male didn’t respond to his cousin, so Kyuhyun waved a hand in front of Hyukjae's eyes and still got no response. With a smirk, Kyuhyun decide to smack Hyukjae on the forehead to get his attention, causing Hyukjae to drop his head in surprise and hit his forehead on the table making him groan in pain. The evil cousin started laughing as Hyukjae glared at him.

 

“Why did you do that?!” Hyukjae asked in an angry tone making Kyuhyun stop laughing but still chuckling a bit.

 

“You weren’t paying attention to work.” Kyuhyun replied. “What were you thinking of? Donghae?”

 

“Who would want to think of that stupid fish!” Hyukjae said as he rubbed his now red forehead. “I was thinking about going to Japan.”

 

Kyuhyun eyed him weirdly. “Well isn’t Donghae the reason why you don’t want to go to Japan?”

 

“No! I don’t want to go because… because…” Hyukjae started to think of a good reason why he didn’t want to go to Japan. The main reason was for Donghae, but he didn’t want to admit it since he was still mad at his boyfriend. “Because I want to stay here and make sure you don’t hurt Sungmin hyung!”

 

Kyuhyun had to laugh at his cousin stupid reply. Who was he trying to kid? Donghae was the only reason why Hyukjae wanted to stay in Korea. “You know I won’t hurt Min, so you can go to Japan if you want.”

 

“I still don’t trust you.” Hyukjae said.

 

Kyuhyun smirked. “Well only in a good way.” Hyukjae rolled his eyes.

 

Again Hyukjae got in deep thought as Kyuhyun continued to work. “What if He came back?” Hyukjae asked and Kyuhyun stopped working but kept his face down looking at the papers he was working on. Hyukjae regretted bringing up the subject Kyuhyun had been trying to ignore for the past 4 years.

 

“I-I’m s-sorry.” Hyukjae apologized feeling guilty. “I thought you were over that since you are with Sungmin.”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head slightly but Hyukjae was able to notice him. “I really like Sungmin… HE is just part of the past that won’t come back.” Kyuhyun lifted up his head and looked at his cousin. “I’m trusting Sungmin with my heart because I know he won’t leave me like…”

 

Before Kyuhyun was able to finish his words there was a knock on the door followed by the sound of it being open. Both of them looked at who had just entered and saw Siwon walking in. Kyuhyun glared at him then turned back to his work completely ignoring Siwon.

 

“What is it Siwon-ah?” Hyukjae asked his brother. He could still feel the tension between his brother and his cousin.

 

Siwon walked towards his hyung and handed him a folder. “I’m not going to Japan, hyung.”

 

Hyukjae and Kyuhyun widen their eyes as they heard Siwon speak. “What?!” they both chorused.

 

“I’m sorry hyung, but I’m not giving up on Sungmin. I love him and I know I can still win his heart.” Kyuhyun stood up and punched Siwon hard enough to send him flying a few steps and land on the floor.

 

“Sungmin is mine! I told you to stay away from him!” Kyuhyun said and was going towards Siwon again but Hyukjae stopped him.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, calm down.” Hyukjae tried to calm his cousin but Siwon marched towards Kyuhyun and punched him back.

 

“He was mine first and I want him back!” Siwon demanded.

 

“He doesn’t want to be with you anymore!” Hyukjae said helping Kyuhyun getting up.

 

“You have no right over Sungmin after what you did!” Kyuhyun angrily said. He couldn’t believe Siwon still wanted Sungmin back after everything that happened. He wasn’t going to let go of Sungmin. “Sungmin will never go to you!”

 

Siwon smirked and then chuckled lightly glaring at Kyuhyun. “If you don’t take me as a threat in your relationship with Sungmin, then why are you acting this way? If you’re so confident Sungmin won’t come to me, then why are you so afraid that I’m going to stay here and fight for Sungmin?”

 

“I’m not afraid of you taking Sungmin away.” Kyuhyun said and calmed down a bit. “I just don’t want you around Sungmin because you already hurt him enough. And I don’t want him to suffer anymore because of someone as worthless as you.”

 

“I made my mind.” Siwon walked towards the door. “I’m wining back Sungmin’s heart.” He said and left the room.

 

Kyuhyun hit the table with a fist and Hyukjae fell to his chair with teary eyes. No way was he going to Japan.

 

~O~

 

Hyukjae opened the door lazily when he heard someone knocking. He had been working all day even after he went home he was working, at least he should have been. Not one paper had he completed since he kept thinking about earlier. How was he going to convince his mom to let him stay in Seoul?

 

Donghae hugged Hyukjae as soon as the door opened and then picked him up and turned him around like a little child. “Ya! Hae put me down!” Hyukjae ordered but was ignored by his boyfriend. “I said put me down! NOW!”

 

Donghae did as told but his wide smile never left his lips as he tried to claim Hyukjae's lips. The older male pushed him away making Donghae pout. “Wae?” the younger one asked.

 

“I’m still mad at you!” Hyukjae walked over to the couch and took a seat followed by his boyfriend who was still pouting cutely.

“I already apologized. And I promised I won’t do it again.” Donghae said but Hyukjae paid him no attention. “Hyukkie, please forgive me. I love only you.”

 

“I’m busy.” Hyukjae replied coldly.

 

“But I missed you all day…”   

 

“Sorry but I have to finish this before I leave.” Donghae widen his eyes. Was his Hyukkie going somewhere?

 

“Where are you going?” he asked.

 

Hyukjae sighed before answering Donghae. “I’m going to Japan…”

 

“WHAT?!” Donghae jumped from the couch. “Wasn’t Siwon going to take your place? We even had a plan to make your mom let him go instead of you!”

 

“He doesn’t want to go.” Hyukjae said finally putting the papers down and putting all his attention on Donghae. “He wants to win your brother’s heart again…”

 

“WHAT?!!” the younger one yelled again irritating Hyukjae.

 

“Will you stop with the yelling? I have a headache as it is.”

 

“Hyung won’t go back with him! I won’t let him!” Donghae stated in a lower voice but anger was notable in his tone.

 

Hyukjae lowered his head. He felt angry at his brother and at himself for letting him come back into their lives. “I can’t obligate Siwon to go to Japan if he doesn’t want to go.”

 

Donghae sat beside Hyukjae and held his left hand with both of his hands. “But what about us?”

 

“We can break up…”

 

“NO!” the older one felt like crying but held the tears back.

 

“I can’t trust you anymore. This time was just a kiss but next time can be more than that.”

 

The brunet shook his head violently. “No! I won’t ever do it again! I told you his was the one who kissed me.”

 

“Doesn’t matter anymore, I’m going to Japan…”

 

“I’ll go with you!”

 

Hyukjae shook his head. “You have to stay with Sungmin hyung and help him to get away from Siwon.”

 

Donghae shot up again and walked to the door.

 

“Where are you going?” Hyukjae asked.                                    

 

“To tell your mom that you’re not going.” Donghae said firmly and ignored when Hyukjae was calling him and telling him not to go.

 

Hyukjae sighed loudly and rested his head in his palms, he knew this wasn’t going to end nicely.