Chapter 15

When Dark Turns Into Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyun's POV:

I woke up to my phone ringing beside me. Squinting at the glaring sun, I fumbled around unraveling myself from the self made cocoon of blankets. I stared at the screen. Mark's picture flashed across the screen before I glanced at the clock and swore. Dropping my phone and scrambling to my feet, I ran into the bedroom and quickly changed into my work uniform. Dealing with that news article would have to wait, I was late to my job at the bakery. Streaking out of the bedroom and into the living room, I placed everything I needed into my bag before I scrambled out the door.

 

Mark's POV:

I sighed as the call went straight to voicemail. Placing my phone onto the table I messed up my hair before slouching back onto the couch I was sitting on. Jinnie hadn't responded to any of my calls or texts since the article was released. JYP was in a meeting with We Got Married staff. I also had gotten an earful from Hyuna.

"Yah! Why aren't you picking up your phone?! How could you do this to Jinnie?! Real or fake you really hurt her. This is why she doesn't open up to people, when she does, she gets it shoved back into her face. I swear to god, if this is real you're done. If it's fake, you have a lot of explaining to do. I told you I'd hurt you if you hurt her right? That wasn't something to scare you with. That was the truth. Not to mention, Taehwan and Jiwoo will have your . You better figure out your ."

I sat up again blinking. I knew Hyuna was going to come after me regardless if it was fake or not. Who the hell was Taehwan and Jiwoo? I remember there was a Taehwan at the coffee shop Jinnie always works at. Taehwan...Kim I think his nametag said? Pulling out my laptop, I typed in Taehwan Kim hoping google would tell me something. Several news articles appeared along with his facebook page. Pulling up his facebook first, his profile picture greeted me. It was a picture of him, Jinnie, and another guy who I didn't recognize, but the tag said Jiwoo Lee. His profile was locked and since I wasn't his facebook friend I wasn't able to view any of his information. Exiting out, I clicked on the few articles that had his name in it.

Taehwan Kim, the sole heir to Kim Corporations was recently seen out enjoying a day with best friend Jiwoo Lee and Jihyun Kim. The only member missing from this photo is Jihyun's older brother, Minwoo, who as of today, police are unable to track him down following the horrible car accident that claimed the life of Jihyun and Minwoo's parents. Our hearts continue to go out to Jihyun, but we're glad to see that she is surrounded by people that care for her.

Jinnie's parents died. Her brother was missing. How did I not know any of this? I felt like now. She knew almost everything about me and yet I felt like I barely knew her. I should have asked her about herself instead of answering all the questions she asked about me. Letting out a growl of frusturation, I googled Jiwoo Lee. His personal facebook came up along with several news articles as well. Clicking on his facebook, it gave me more information than Taehwan's did. His profile picture was a picture of him and Jinnie smiling happily into the camera, both wearing mickey mouse ears with Taehwan jumping in the background. His wall contained several pictures of him, Taehwan, and Jinnie on their outings. Ranging from amusement parks, to strolls in the park, to the restaurants they ate. Exiting out of his page, I clicked on the most recent article that contained his name. 

Jiwoo Lee, heir to Starlight Talent and Modeling Agency, was recently spotted enjoying a day out with Jihyun Kim. For those of you who don't know, Jihyun Kim is the little sister of Minwoo Kim, who till this day police are unable to locate following the horrific accident that claimed both of his parents' lives. Minwoo Kim is a childhood friend of both Jiwoo and Taehwan, after his disappearence, Jiwoo and Taehwan took it upon themselves to look after his little sister.

Jihyun and Jiwoo was spotted at a local park enjoying the warm weather while conversing with one another. Taehwan soon joined them and the trio was spotted at Lotte World Amusement park for the remainder of the day. It's great to see Jihyun, smiling once again.

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter