Chapter 13

When Dark Turns Into Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyun's POV:

Today was the day. Hyuna was going to make her big splash into the Kpop world, I felt nothing but happiness for her. I wasn't the type of person that liked attracting attention but for Hyuna I would. I glanced at the self-made 4Minute poster. It was a bright green color with black letters written across it. A group picture of 4Minute was in the center followed by each member's names scattered in every available space. I glanced at the clock. 1PM it informed me. I leaned aganist the couch in my small apartment. Since we had no filming today I went back to my apartment and Mark went back to the dorms. A few minutes passed before I got up and padded into my bedroom. Quickly changing into my uniform I grabbed my bag and left my apartment complex and headed to the coffee shop.

The little bell above the bell sounded when I stepped through the door.

"Welcome!" Taehwan called cheerfully. "Hi Jinnie!" He said happily as I headed toward the back to drop off my stuff. I gave him a nod in acknowledgement before placing everything into my locker and tying my apron around my waist and joining Taehwan by the counter.

"Where's...the girl?" I asked looking around.

Taehwan let out a snort. "Who knows. It's better when she's not here." I nodded in agreement. I had a strong dislike for Minhyun. She was a complete . Since she was manager, she thought that she could order me around all the time and hated the fact when Taehwan would defend me. Since she wasn't able to pick on me in the cafe, she picked on me at school when Hyuna wasn't around. I mentally sighed when I realized that Hyuna would be missing from school more often. It didn't help that the other students stayed away from me like I was some sort of plague since I was one of those scholarship kids. 

Taehwan and I barely have any free moments after that to converse with one another. The cafe was a lot busier since it was the only two of us. It didn't help that we were in the center of the city. We provided low cost but high quality drinks and pastries. The cozy settings always made people not want to leave until hours later. I wiped the sweat off of my forehead as I was finally able to take a break and sit. Taehwan plopped onto the stool next to mine. 

"We should be getting paid overtime for this." He mumbled. I nodded in agreement. The bell tinkled again.

"Welcome!" I chirped jumping up from my chair and moved back to the register. "Can I take your order?"

I heard a familiar chuckle. "Don't you look cute." Mark murmered staring at the festive headband I was wearing. I turned as red as the red velvet cupcakes we had on display.

"I'm here to take you to Hyuna's showcase." He said snapping me out of my daze. My eyes widened as I looked at the time. 4:30. I bit m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter