The Talk

What If ...

Hyorin's POV:

 

"But I want to. When I said that, let me show you how much I like you, this is one of the ways I know how. I have never felt this way for such a long time and then you came along and made this skeptic heart believe in love again."

 

My ears went numb for a second or two. Am I really hearing this? Is this even real? He then proceeds with a question;

 

"Can I kiss you?"

 

Still in shock, I bit my lip and just nodded. What the frick, Hyorin??? As he is getting closer to my lips, I was thinking to myself if this is really happening. Somebody pinch me! I closed my eyes and prepared to feel those soft lips on mine then someone's phone rang, we were both snapped out of it, it was Donghae's phone, it was his manager.

 

"Sorry, I just have to take this."

 

"No, its okay. Go answer it."

 

He smiles and answers the phone. Damn, that was close. Why you like this manager nim? T____T

 

"Sorry, manager hyung is looking for me."

 

"Oh, you go already. It might be something important."

 

"Okay, sorry. Are you sure you'll be okay?"

 

"Yeah. I'm a strong girl, oppa!"

 

I showed him my muscles and walked him to the door. 

 

"Thank you again for today, oppa."

 

"No problem. Please be careful next time, okay?"

 

"Yes, I will. Thank you."

 

He waved good bye and before he reached the stairs, I called out his name.

 

"Oppa!"

 

"Yes, Hyorin?"

 

"Uhmm.."

 

I didn't know what to say, why did I even call him?? My mind is going blank so I just went ahead and kissed him on the cheeks and then ran back to the apartment. 

 

Donghae's POV:

 

"Oppa!"

 

"Yes, Hyorin?''

 

She was fumbling, finding the words to say and then I was about to ask her what's up then she kissed my cheeks and ran inside the apartment like a little girl. It caught me off guard, did she really just kiss me? I stood there holding the area where her lips were and smiled. This girl is really something.

 

Hyorin's POV:

 

I shut the door and I can feel my heart beating so fast and I can feel myself blushing. I looked through the intercom to see if he was still there, I just saw him walking down the stairs smiling. Damn it, Hyorin! Why did you do that?? Are you crazy??

 

I went straight to bed to hide under the blankets. Thinking if I should have done that, then my phone lit up, it was Donghae oppa. 

 

"Thank you for today. I hope you get better!"

 

"I should be thanking you. Thank you for taking care of me today, and sorry for kissing you."

 

"What? You shouldn't be sorry about that. I will get you next time. kkk~ you go to sleep, I will text you when I get home."

 

"Okay. Drive safe!"

 

He will get me next time? Gladly. (・ω<)☆

 

~the next day~

 

I went to work and it went smoothly, kinda tiring but I love my job so no matter how hard the workload is, I will not give up on it. I was about to go to the parking lot when someone familiar was sitting near the window pane of the coffee shop, too familiar.  I went inside and saw that it was Sungmin. He was just wearing a cap and shades, sipping coffee. I ordered a drink and sat beside him.

 

"Beautiful day isn't it? Waiting for someone?"

 

"Yeah, actually."

 

"Girlfriend?"

 

"Well, ex-girlfriend. But you see, I'm trying to win her back."

 

"Oh really? How is that going?" *sips coffee*

 

"Not well. I think I have to work twice as hard to get her back."

 

"I see. So, what are you doing here, Ming?"

 

"Waiting for you, of course."

 

"You don't have any schedules today?"

 

"I have. But it ended early so I thought of going here to see you."

 

"What makes you think that I wanna see you?"

 

"I am not thinking actually. Coz I know you wouldn't wanna see me."

 

*sighs* "Well not completely. I am just processing everything still."

 

"And I am not here to force you into anything, coz I don't want you to run away from me."

 

"Run away? We have been overseas for a while but somehow, the universe conspired for the two of us to meet after the break up. How can I run away?"

 

"I don't know. When I saw you again on the shoot, all I wanted to do was to get you back."

 

"Let me ask you this, do you really want me back ot do you just feel guilty of how things ended and wanted to make up for it?"

 

"The latter, I guess."

 

"Okay, but do you really still love me?"

 

Sungmin's POV:

 

"Okay, but do you really still love me?"

 

That question took me aback. Before, if you asked me why I wanted her back is because I still love her, but now having this conversation with her makes me think, if I really am just trying to make up for it. I took a deep breath, faced her, and held her hands.

 

"If you asked me the first time I saw you, if I still love you, that was an easy yes but honestly, having this conversation with you is making me think twice if I really just feel guilty of what happened in the past. You are the most amazing girl that I have ever known, you have loved me and stayed with me throughout the hard times of my career when I was starting out, and I am grateful for you but now, I am realizing that I was just making up for the past mistake and I know I have caused you pain, and I sincerely apologize for it. I did that to the person who is most important to me, and I regret doing that. I love you, Hyorin. I always have and always will, but I don't think that its the same love that I had for you before."

 

She was silent for a while, she looked at me and smiled.

 

"I forgive you."

 

"What?"

 

"I said, I forgive you. I forgive you for what happened in the past but I also apologize for what I did to you as well. I had my lapses as well and I let my emotions get the best of me, I never gave you a chance to properly explain and I just let my feelings do all the talking. I'm sorry for the pain I have caused you. I love you, always will and always have but I do think that this happened so we could part ways as good friends, to have proper closure."

 

After she said that, its like a weight was lifted off my chest. I guess, this is what we needed after all.

 

Hyorin's POV:

 

I don't know where I got the courage to tell Sungmin all of this, but this is what we need. I realized all of that when he came back, it was all confusing but then again, he might not be really feeling the same feelings he had before we broke up. All I know is that we needed this kind of conversation, we needed closure, to make sure that we are on the same page. After I told him that, its like a huge weight was lifted, we both knew that we will not be getting back together. This is the end of what we had and a start of us just being friends.

 

"So yeah, are we good?"

 

"Yeah. I guess, that's what we really needed."

 

"I guess so. Friends?"

 

I extended my hand out to him and he took and shook it.

 

"Friends. Thank you, Hyorin."

 

"Thank you, Sungmin. For everything."

 

"Likewise."

 

I looked at my watch and its already 9pm. We both decided to go home and he walked me to my car.

 

"Thank you again, oppa. I hope that you find someone who will take care of you."

 

"After you? I don't think I can."

 

"Psh. You are just saying that! I know you will find that person for you. I just know it."

 

"Well, if you say so. Will you still support me even after this?"

 

"Of course, Ming! Remember, I am your biggest fan! I will be here for you when you need me."

 

I hugged Sungmin. This was truly a freeing kind of conversation. We are finally on the same page. I do wish him all the best. We bid good bye and I went home, I parked my car and I headed upstairs and I saw someone by the door. He was sitting there, sleeping with bags beside him, I took a closer look, and it was Donghae oppa. How is that this man is still so beautiful while sleeping? Damn. I tapped his shoulders and he opened his eyes.

 

"Oppa, how long have you been here?"

 

"Hyorin! *inhales deeply* uhm, around 7?"

 

"What? Its already 9 and you are still here. Why didn't you text me?"

 

"I wanted to surprise you, but you weren't here yet so I waited, and I brought food."

 

"Oh oppa, sorry you had to wait. Let's go inside, yeah?"

 

He stood up and I opened the apartment and helped him set up and heat the food.

 

"Your schedules ended early?"

 

"Yeah, around 6-ish, we were already done and free for the evening so I decided to go here and check on you. How's your day?"

 

"Same old, same old. But what's interesting though, I saw Sungmin outside of my building." 

 

"Yeah? What did you guys talk about?"

 

One thing I like about Donghae, is that when I talk to him about Sungmin, he doesn't get mad or tense up, we just talk about him casually.

 

"Well, that's the reason I came home late, and we talked things out."

 

"And?"
 

"Funny thing is that I got the courage to ask him certain things, and we both felt that he was just chasing after me to compensate for what he did to me before. We agreed to end things properly and to just be good friends."

 

Donghae's POV:

 

After our schedules, I decided to go to Hyorin's to check on her, but I wanted to surprise herso I didn't bother to call her. I stopped by a restaurant to get dinner, after that I went to her apartment and knocked on her door but no one was answering. I figured that she might be stuck at work, so I just waited for her outside her door. I set down the bags beside me and sat on the floor, the next thing I knew, I was dozing off and then someone tapped me on my shoulder.

 

"Oppa, how long have you been here?"

 

"Hyorin! *inhales deeply* uhm, around 7?"

 

"What? Its already 9 and you are still here. Why didn't you text me?"

 

"I wanted to surprise you, but you weren't here yet so I waited, and I brought food."

 

"Oh oppa, sorry you had to wait. Let's go inside, yeah?"

 

We went inside and asked her aboout her day. She told me that Sungmin and her talked that's why she came home late. I actually don't mind talking about hyung, that's why I think she's comfortable sharing these things with me.

 

"Well, that's the reason I came home late, and we talked things out."

 

"And?"
 

"Funny thing is that I got the courage to ask him certain things, and we both felt that he was just chasing after me to compensate for what he did to me before. We agreed to end things properly and to just be good friends."

 

She has her back facing me and I couldn't stop smiling. Stop it, Donghae!

 

"I see, and how are you? Like how are you really?"

 

"Honestly? I am fine. Its like a weight has been lifted off my chest. I think we really needed this kind of conversation, we had a proper closure and we really knew what we were after and I am happy that we got to have that talk. Everything is clear now."

 

"How did he take it?"

 

"He took it well. He realized that he was just guilty and wanted to make up for it, but now that we let each other go, we could go on with our lives."

 

"That's good then. So shall we eat?"

 

We ate and we talked til 1 in the morning. There is just something about this girl that makes me forget about the time and makes me feel good about everything else.

 

Hyorin's POV:

 

"Omo, its already 1am! Sorry for keeping you here so late."

 

"Its okay, its my day off tomorrow anyway."

 

"But still, you might be tired from your schedule today."

 

"I am more than willing to spend a lot of time with you. But you, you have work tomorrow?"