Donghae's Past

What If ...

A/N: So you maybe wondering why Dongahae said "here I go again", well this is the story.

 

It was two years ago, a chilly Tuesday afternoon when Donghae went to the coffee shop where he usually composes. He likes it here coz this is a place for celebrities to relax and the staff were trained to chill whenever there are celebrities.

He ordered the usual, and goes to his favorite spot only to see a girl sitting there taking his spot.

 

Donghae's POV:

 

I was a bit irritated, I looked at her and she had her hair down, glasses, sweater and jeans, she was not a celebrity, I think. But I haven't seen her here before. I must have been staring at her for too long because she looked at me and said;

 

"Yes? Can I help you Mister?"

 

I was dumbfounded. Speak fool!!

 

"Uhm, youareonmyseat"

 

"I'm sorry what? Didn't quite catch that."

 

"You're in my spot."

 

Her eyes widened and was very apologetic.

 

"Oh my goodness! Sorry I didn't know! I'll just transfer."

 

"Nah. Its okay."

 

"No I insist. This is your spot. I'm sorry."

 

"No its really okay."

 

I smiled at her assuring that its really okay. Its just weird. Usually i'll be the only one sitting there coz its really in the corner. I went to the table across her and sat down. She put her headset back on and read her book. I took one last glance and worked on my composition.

After a while my eyes got tired from looking at the screen so I looked somewhere else, then I saw her again but this time without the glasses. Darn she's ........... pretty!

Her eyes were just, captivating. I could not stop staring. T'was so beautiful it made my life wonderful.

She got her things and stood up. I stared at her until she was gone. Wow. I had to see her again. I have to talk to her!!

 

~skip~

 

The next week came and Donghae saw her again that day but he didn't have the courage to talk to her. He found himself just staring at her which was a bad thing cause he can't make his move. Days passed and still the same progress. He would just stare at her and compose songs.

Today, she had a phone call and she was rushing to go out. In her rush she forgot her iPod on the table, Donghae had to do something, so he stood up, grabbed the device and tried to chase her but it was too late. She already went inside the cab and drove off. He came back to the cafe looking devastated.

 

Donghae's POV:

 

I tried to chase her but it was too late. *sigh* I went back inside and approached the counter.

 

"Excuse me, someone left it on the table, maybe she'll look for it."

 

"Oh I see. Thank you!"

 

I tried to get her off my head but I just can't seem to no matter how hard I try.

 

2 weeks passed and I was sitting in my usual spot when I saw a pair of shoes in front of me. I looked up and saw her. I was a bit shocked but I kept my cool. (;⌣̀_⌣́)

 

"Hi! The barista told me you are the one who surrendered my iPod. Uhm, I would just like to say thank you because all of my works are there and I can't afford to lose it." (。╯︵╰。)

 

"It was nothing."

 

"But it still means a lot. Can I at least buy you something from here?"

 

After a few moments of resisting and that she shouldn't bother, she ended up buying me dessert. 

 

"Please enjoy your dessert." 

 

"Thank you, but do you wanna sit with me and tell me about yourself?"

 

She hesitated a bit but because she owes me her life's work that's why she did. Haha! <( ̄︶ ̄)>

We talked for a while and found out that she also makes her own music and hopes of being able to make it in the industry.

 

Few months went by and we became really good friends and my feelings for her grew more. We exchanged numbers, hanged out a lot, I send her little things to make her happy, exchanging sweet convos but I was stopping myself from falling but I can't. I wanted to be more.

 

~skip~

 

Came February, we became closer than ever, its like my day isn't complete when I don't talk to her. She makes my heart beat so fast when she's around. I wanna stop time whenever we are together.

One night, we were at her apartment and we were hanging out on her terrace watching the snow fall and talking. As I paused, I felt her head on my shoulder. My heart is pounding inside of my chest and hoping she's not hearing it, I looked at her and she was looking deeply into my eyes, slowly I closed the gap between us and for that moment, I felt that I'm on cloud nine and couldn't believe that this is really happening.

 

She sat up and awkwardly laughed. I don't know why would she act nervous all of a sudden. Did I move too fast? Was that a bad thing? 

The night came into a close and we bid each other goodbye.

 

After that incident, she wasn't texting that much anymore. We are not meeting at that cafe anymore, I was just left there with nothing, no clue as to what happened. I was worried so I called her, she answered and I froze for a bit cause I didn't expect that she would pick up. I asked to meet with her in the park and she agreed.

 

I arrived a bit earlier than the said time coz I don't want her to wait for too long. Then she arrived.

 

"Hae!"

 

There's that smile that I missed, those eyes that sparkled. She was walking towards me and then a guy was behind her, she was holding his hand coming to me.

I felt my heart shatter a thousand pieces, my soul sank.

 

"No, maybe they are just friends?" (ーー;)

 

Yeah keep telling yourself that, Donghae. ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)

 

She kissed him on the cheeks as he went to the right and her straight to me.

 

"Please don't be what I think it is."

 

She came closer and smiled at me.

 

"Hey! How you've been??" 

 

She hugged me like she used to and that's the best feeling in the whole world.

 

"I'm good!"

 

NOT. (¯ . ¯٥)

 

"I'm sorry that we haven't been hanging around lately. There are just so much going on! I have news!"

 

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

 

Please tell me he is not your boyfriend (。•́︿•̀。)

 

"I have been training as an idol and i'm about to debut!"

 

Whew! ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ

 

"That's great! I told you, you'd make it!"

 

"Of course, but not without my best friend!"

 

BEST. FRIEND? ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)

 

"I couldn't have done it without you."

 

"Yeah you wouldn't!"

 

I awkwardly laughed but best friend?? Is that all we are?!

 

Then suddenly, the guy comes closer to us and he hugs her from behind. GREAT.

She giggles. 

 

"Oh Hae, meet Tyler, Tyler meet Hae."

 

"Oh so you are the guy that she talks about non stop."

 

He reaches for my hand to shake it and I give it to him.

 

HERE

 

"Hi, i'm Tyler her ..."

 

IT COMES

 

"...boyfriend"

 

 

ヽ(`⌒´メ)ノ

 

 

I just wanna disappear from the face of the earth. Boyfriend?? Are you serious?? I may be angry rn but deep inside I am really crushed. (╥﹏╥)

Every single thing they are saying I was just plainly nodding coz I can't really process anything. The next thing I knew, she held my face and looked at me.

 

"Thank you, Hae. I couldn't have done it without you. You are the bestest friend a girl could ever have." 

 

My heart couldn't process everything. All I know is I smiled, hugged her and they went on their way.

 

When will I have a love that will love me back? :(

 

*******************************************************************

 

Hi lovelies! Its been a while since I wrote here. Apparently, only the pandemic can make me write again. Lol! Sorry for the crappy ending, i'm a bit rusty. (/ω\) I hope you guys are doing well! Stay healthy and safe! ♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡