Chapter 5

A Perfect Secret

          Seohyun was distributing the drinks to Sooyi and her gangs. It’s her usual routine for her to do that. Sooyi just loves to bully her because no one will stand up for her because she didn’t have any friends to do that. Besides, no one dared to face Sooyi’s wrath. When Seohyun is done distributing the drinks, she noticed a familiar white flip phone on the grass. She picked it up and tapped the person who is close to her. “Excuse me, but is this yours?” Luhan saw his white flip phone on Seohyun’s hand and quickly took it and shoved into his bag. He thanked her and then he heaved a relief sigh. His friends eyed him weirdly because he thanked her. Luhan is not the type of people who says thank you to anyone except his friends. He is so arrogant. Meanwhile, Sooyi was fuming in anger with Seohyun because she was ‘flirting’ with Luhan.

          “Hyung, you still use that phone? I thought that you dumped it somewhere.” Chen asked him. They knew that he has a gold-colored smart phone but his old white flip phone that he took from Seohyun is surprising them. He still kept that phone or perhaps using it. “No, it-it’s my mom’s phone. She used the same phone as mine and still uses it now.” Luhan said casually although he faltered at first. “But why did you bring your mother’s phone here?” Kyungsoo asked him, feeling strange that he would bring his mother’s phone unless he stole it but Luhan would never do that. He is with his smart phone all the time.

          Luhan had to think what to tell them about his so called ‘mother’s phone’. “It stopped working whenever she pressed the power on button. She asked me to repair it at the phone shop since she’s busy today.” An idea finally struck on his brain. “I thought that parentless-poor-flirty loser gave her phone to you because that type of phone, only she can use that or did she even have a hand phone?” Sooyi mocked at Seohyun while laughing out loud along with her friends. Luhan glared at her remarks. He knew who is she referring to and he would more than glad to strangle her or even better, kill her right now but he had to hold himself from doing that. If he burst his anger to her, his friends would question him why he did that and so on. What he supposed to answer? He had to hold himself whenever Sooyi insulted Seohyun whether she is there or not. He can’t stand anymore but Seohyun told him not to do anything stupid if he didn’t want his secret to be revealed.

          He didn’t care about that secret anymore but the only problem for him would be on how his friends will accept Seohyun as their best friend’s wife. Not only that, how will his friends react if they found out that they’re married for 7 years? Married with Seohyun is already a shocking enough for them; let it be marrying her for 7 years. He knew them very well. They think that they are superior to others. He was like that too but slowly realized that it brought nothing to him and noticed how humble Seohyun is even her life is change from poor to rich. Some girls probably change their attitude after they got married to someone rich but Seohyun is still Seohyun that he met for the first time with the exception of her beauty. She’s getting beautiful obviously.

          “But why did your mother use an old-school phone? I know! It’s because she’s an old woman!” Sooyi laughed again at her own joke which plainly not funny to Luhan. Insulting two people that he loves the most is totally made him wanted to explode. “Shut up, mad woman!” Luhan raged at her making Sooyi flinched but pretended that nothing happened. His friends were shock to see him shouted like that. They hope that Sooyi will stop if not, Luhan might as well cursed and swore at her. “Can I see that cheap phone?” Sooyi tried to reach Luhan’s bag where he kept the phone just now. “I said stop!” Luhan growled at her while glowered at her. He excused himself to the toilet and told his friends that he will go to the class after that.


         Luhan entered the cubicle of the toilet and took out the white flip phone that became a hot topic among his friends. He flipped open the phone revealing a wallpaper of his sons and a password lock key. This phone is an old phone. He got it on his 16th birthday and it was a popular type of phone that time. Now, he uses a smart phone but still uses this phone because he kept Seohyun’s number only in this phone so that he wouldn’t get busted by his friend if Seohyun calls him or his friends go through his smart phone. Another thing that he still kept this phone because there’s a lot of picture of Seohyun that he didn’t want to show her at all. That’s why he put a password on this phone and Seohyun didn’t know what the password of this old-schooled phone is.

          He pressed the keypad to enter the password and it lead to the home screen with different wallpaper is shown. The picture that he used as wallpaper is a picture of him and sleeping Seohyun in the morning after they spent their night together ‘making love’ for the first time. Luhan who took the picture couldn’t remember that they made love that night and he thought that Seohyun looked like an angel while sleeping so he took a picture of them by using his phone. He noticed that something was off with the picture before he realized that both of them had no single thread on their body. They were bare from the waist up and the blanket covered from their waist to legs.

          Luhan smirked while looking at that picture. How much he missed those days when they were still young and innocent. Luhan texted to Seohyun to thanked her for giving his phone to her. After a minute, Seohyun replied to him.

 

From: Baby girl Hyunnie

You’re welcome, oppa. I thought that I want to take it with me but I’m afraid that you’ll be worried about it.

 

From: Baby boy Hannie

You could have just taken it with you. You can text me to tell me that you have my phone.

 

From: ♥ Baby girl Hyunnie

But how am I supposed to tell you, oppa? I don’t have your other phone number.

 

From: ♥ Baby boy Hannie

You’re right! I forgot about that. Joohyun, I miss you. I want to kiss you now. I want to hug you so badly now.

 

From: ♥ Baby girl Hyunnie

We just separate for a few hours.

 

From: ♥ Baby boy Hannie

But it feels like a years.

 

From: ♥ Baby girl Hyunnie

That’s mushy.

 

From: ♥ Baby boy Hannie

I mean it!

 

From: ♥ Baby girl Hyunnie

Okay, you can kiss me and hug me all you want when I’m home.

 

From: ♥ Baby boy Hannie

Really? I can’t wait for that. Joohyun, I love you.

 

From: ♥ Baby girl Hyunnie

I love you too.

 

          Luhan smiled at her reply. He can’t wait for her to come home and as she promised, he will hug and kiss her. If she was here now, he won’t hesitate even once to do that.


          Seohyun came back from work at 6.30pm but something was off with her. She looked so dejected. That’s not her typical self who loves to smile whenever she back from her work. The boys went to her as usual and welcoming her back. Seohyun kneeled to kiss her sons and Sehun went to her back and jumped on her back causing Seohyun to scream. Luhan went to her immediately but Seohyun turned to Sehun and warned him sternly, “Don’t do that!”

          Everyone was shock when she raised her voice to Sehun. Sehun looked like he wanted to cry because his mother scolded at him. She sighed and hugged Sehun, “I’m sorry, dear. I’m sorry.” Sehun froze at his position because he scared that she will scold him again. “I’m going to the room now.” She told Luhan with an expressionless face. Luhan is sure that she had a problem. “I will talk to omma, okay! She must be tired,” Luhan assured to his sons that their mother might be tired. That’s why she’s like that.

          Luhan went to the room and saw Seohyun prepared her clothes before she take a bath. “We haven’t had a ‘welcome kiss’ yet.” He reminded her. She hesitated but Luhan went to her then wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her.  He put his palm on her back caused her to pulled away the kiss. He baffled at her action. “Joohyun, are you okay? What’s wrong with you?” He asked her with confusion along with concerned towards her. “I’m just tired and please don’t touch me.” Seohyun removed Luhan’s hands that were on her shoulder.

          “You have a problem, Joohyun. Tell me what your problem is.” Luhan impelled her to tell him about the things that going on her head. He had this scowl face while he was looking at her. Seohyun was looking at him in sorrow. Her eyes that he looked at now are filled with tears like a shiny glass that will soon break into pieces. “I told you that I’m fine, it means I’m fine! What else do you want to know? I’m just tired. Can you give me a break?” She wept and walked into the bathroom leaving Luhan who was dumbfounded with everything about her today.


          The dinner was quiet because they sensed that Seohyun is not in her mood again. Even Sehun who often act cute to his parents so that they feed him sit still while eating his food. Taemin and Jongin kept looking at their food while eating and sometimes they would glance at Luhan but not to Seohyun. Luhan took a quick look at her who has no emotion while she was eating. She quickly grabbed a sausage and fed Sehun emotionlessly when he failed to grab it with his chopstick. Luhan determined to ask her later until she answers it to him.

          Both of them lay on their bed and faced each other. Luhan hugged her as usual but disappointed when she removed his hands off her. He heaved a sigh about that, “Joohyun, what’s wrong with you? You were fine during the day and changed after you came back from work. Is there any problem at work? Did you do something wrong that they scolded you? Tell me, Joohyun. I will listen to you.” Seohyun looked at him with a sad expression and convinced to him that there’s nothing wrong and she’s just tired, “Please don’t hug me for sleep today.” Seohyun told him making Luhan’s eyes widened in shocked with his mouth slightly open.

          He didn’t expect her to say like that. They hugged each other when they are sleeping every day so Seohyun remarks about her being tired don’t make sense. If she is tired, she would want him to hug her or even kiss her and she could ask him to massage her if she was really tired. “But you told me that I can kiss you and hug you as much as I want,” Luhan pouted, hoping that she would take back her words. Seohyun shook her head, “I’m sorry but you can’t hug me for today. Let’s just sleep, okay?” Seohyun kissed his lips. Luhan don’t buy her tired excuse and he will find out what’s the cause of her became like this by himself.


          Seohyun’s behavior hadn’t change since that day and Luhan couldn’t get his answer of what happened to her. They don’t even hug each other and she would avoid it even when they’re sleeping. Their sons just greeted her with a kiss after she went home and then just went away to the living room. He realized that she would went to the bathroom with her clothes on and bring along with her night clothes together and came out with her night clothes on when usually they would strip their clothes and wrapped themselves with a towel before going to the bathroom and wore their night clothes in the room. He also noticed that Seohyun never laid her back onto the bed when she was sleeping.

          She’s getting tired, weaker and pale day by day. Luhan suggested that he would take her to the hospital because she looks so sick but she strongly against his suggestion and said that she’s fine. It frustrated him that he couldn’t find out what happened and she didn’t tell him if anything is wrong. He worried that she might get sick if he didn’t take her to the hospital. Sometimes, she would avoid his question and changed the topic about the collage stuff and so on.

          Luhan and his EXO friends went to The Grace Café on Friday morning. He knew that Seohyun is in the kitchen now but he decided to go to the counter to ask Lina, Seohyun’s boss about Seohyun. “Lina-shi, is Joohyun in the kitchen?” Lina nodded and asked him if he wanted her to call Seohyun to meet him. Luhan quickly shook his head and pointed his friends using his head to Lina. She understood what he meant, “So, what do you want, Luhan?” Luhan went straight to the point, “Is anything happened to Joohyun on Monday? Like did someone scold her or something because she’s been acting strange now after she went back from her work?” Lina raised her eyebrow with Luhan’s question because she wanted to ask him if something happened to Seohyun as well, “I was about to ask you if both of you had a fight because she looked so crestfallen when she came here for work but she looked fine on Monday morning though.” Luhan frowned when he heard that. So it all didn’t start from the café. Luhan presumed that it could be started at the collage if Lina told him that she was fine in the morning.

          He wondered what’s going on with her. Could it be that Sooyi blackmailed her not to get close with him again? But Seohyun is not that stupid to do that besides she would joke on that to him. Did Sooyi hurt her? He realized that Seohyun often whimpered in pain whenever he back hugged her and her sleeping position as well gave him a hint that there’s something wrong with her back.

 

 

 

 


I have a day off today so I can update today. Tomorrow is my last paper. YAY!!! I can go back to my hometown.

Anyway, thanks for subscribing my story and comments are welcome. =)