Chapter 7

A Perfect Secret

          Luhan stirred in his sleep when he felt that the bed is bouncy. He opened his eyes slowly and heard little boys’ voices with a bed sound that was heard due to the jumping. Appa, breakfast!” Sehun’s voice was heard with him sitting on Luhan’s waist. Luhan groaned and turned to his right side still half awake and noticed that Seohyun was not on the bed. He felt glad that she’s not on the bed because the boys were jumping and he thought that she will get hurt because of it. Omma?” He asked the boys with a sleepy voice. He really wanted to sleep more.

          “Omma is not here. She went out.” Luhan immediately bolted upright when he heard from Taemin that Seohyun went out. She is still injured and could barely walk. How is she gone out? Where did she go? “Where?” He asked Taemin since he’s the one who answered about Seohyun. Taemin shrugged because he didn’t know where his mother gone. “She’s not in the kitchen when we woke up. We thought that she is still sleeping but she’s not here as well.” Jongin explained to him how they couldn’t find their mother. Luhan got off from his bed and went to toilet with a hope that she is in the toilet but much to his disappointment, she’s not inside there either.

          Luhan took his phone and dialed Seohyun’s number right away but she didn’t pick up. He tried again although their sons whined that they want breakfast. Appa, breakfast!” Sehun whined at his father. “Let’s find omma first.” Sehun nodded at his father but still continue to whine. It was really noisy that Luhan couldn’t hear the ringing on the phone. He put his finger on his lips and made a shush sound to ask them to keep quiet. Seohyun still didn’t answer his call. Could it be that she’s still mad at him about the fight yesterday?

          He scrolled through the contact and stopped at his mother’s number. He was about to press his mother’s number but hesitated to do that because he thought what if Seohyun is not there. His mother will lecture him once again if she finds out that Seohyun is missing. He decided to call her again. He will call her until she answered her phone no matter how many times he called her.

          After the tenth call, Seohyun finally answered her phone but Luhan frowned when he heard a man’s voice instead. “This is Jungmo. Seohyun left her phone here while she is setting the tables. Sunny told her that her phone is ringing and she asked who was it but she told us to ignore it but her keeps ringing that I felt annoyed hearing it so I decided to answer her phone. I’m sorry.” Jungmo, Seohyun’s workmate answered her phone. Luhan was hurt when she ignored his phone calls. “Do you want to talk to her?” Jungmo asked on other line. “Sure.” Luhan wanted to know why she gone to work when she is sick. “Seohyun, your husband calls you.” He heard Jungmo’s voice and it looks like he’s giving her phone to her. He hoped that Seohyun will take his call but frowned when her phone was hung up. Luhan guessed that Seohyun hung up her phone because she didn’t want to talk to him.

 


 

          Seohyun was setting up the table. She smoothed the tablecloth and put the cutleries and folded napkins on the table. She also put a small vase that has flowers in it. She moved on to the next table to do the same thing. It was Saturday and Seohyun wasn’t supposed to come to work because she was excluded from the schedule by her bosses. It’s their personal request since Seohyun need to spend time with her family although she wanted to work on Saturday but had to accept it since it’s her bosses’ order. While she was setting the table, her elbow suddenly hit the cutleries causing it to fall all over the place. She kneeled in struggle while picking up the cutleries.

          She wanted to take a spoon that was a few inches away from her. She tried to take it but the pain takes over all of her body. She bit her lips and closed her eyes to hold the pain while trying to take the spoon but she couldn’t reach it. She tried again but someone took the spoon. Seohyun looked at the person who took the spoon and her eyes met to the familiar doe-eyed guy that was looking at her blankly. Luhan picked up all the cutleries and put it into the container before putting it on the table. He lifted Seohyun to stand and pulled one of the chairs to let her sit.

          Luhan sat opposite to her and held her hand. Seohyun hanged her head avoiding his gaze that he was giving to her. “Why did you come here, Joohyun? Today is not your working day and you can’t walk properly.” Luhan didn’t want to raise his voice because their sons were there and her workmates too. Seohyun didn’t answer and didn’t even look at him. He cupped her face so that she looks at him but she avoided it. “I’m sorry.” He said in gentle tone making her looked at him with a sad gaze.

          He wrapped her right arm around his neck and held her hand while his left arm wrapped her waist carefully not touching her back. They walked slowly and declined the stairs carefully since it’s a two-floor café. Taemin, Jongin and Sehun went to their parents and whined about breakfast. Luhan face palmed forgetting that their sons are hungry. Sunny, another Seohyun's’s workmate that worked in the morning shift asked them why they didn’t ask for food to them. Appa and omma told us that if we want something, we should ask them first.” Taemin remembered their parents’ advice. “I will give you something to eat and it’s my treat.” Sunny offered but Seohyun refused for Sunny to do that. “It’s okay, Seohyun. I really want to treat them and I’m pretty sure the others wouldn’t mind too. You need to go to hospital really fast. Don’t worry; I will take care of them. I love kids.” Sunny assured to Seohyun with a smile that the boys will be fine when they leave them here to go to hospital.

          Seohyun glared at Luhan who forgot to feed their son. “Why don’t you give something for them to eat? There’s a cereal and milk in the fridge.” Luhan smiled sheepishly and giggled a little, “Because I’m worried that you’re missing.” Seohyun breathed heavily while glaring at him, “Even if you’re worried about me, you should feed them first! How many times they whined about breakfast?” Seohyun asked him knowing their sons would whine when they didn’t get to eat. “When I opened my eyes, they greeted me with ‘where-is-breakfast?’, and then in the car, they couldn’t stop whining about it. I’m sorry for my carelessness. Let’s go to hospital now.”

 


 

          Dr. Go Ara examined her back and told Seohyun that she will apply cream on her back. Luhan held Seohyun to the bed and helped her to sit on it. He removed her shirt carefully so that he did not hurt her and gently laid her with stomach against the bed. He turned to avoid from looking at her ugly wounds and scars. Dr. Ara came with a bottle of a cream on her hand. She pulled the curtain and started to apply the cream. Seohyun flinched whenever Dr. Ara touched her back making Luhan closed his eyes tightly unbearable to hear her shrieked in pain. When Dr. Ara is done, she pulled the curtain away and Luhan went to Seohyun and wore her shirt back.

          Dr. Ara gave Seohyun two bottles of cream and told her to apply three times per day. The couple thanked to her and leaves the hospital.

 


 

          Luhan drove the car and Seohyun sat beside him with her left side of her body against to the seat facing to Luhan. He stopped at the side of the road and turned to her. “Are you okay now?” Luhan asked her while putting some of her hair that was covering her face behind her ear.  Both of them look at each other for awhile and Luhan leaned closer to her. When Seohyun felt that he’s getting closer to her, she closed her eyes and he kissed her lips softly and deepened it while holding her nape and head. He bit her lower lip and she opened it for him. Seohyun felt calm whenever Luhan kissed her. Both of them were lost in their passionate kiss.

          Both of them walked together while holding hand to the beach. They sat on the bench and looked at the waves that coming towards them. There’s no one at the beach right now and only both of them were there. Seohyun was leaning her head against Luhan’s chest while Luhan’s left arm wrapped her shoulder. They talked a lot random things that made them happy. They didn’t say anything about yesterday or what happened for the past few days.

          However, Seohyun decided to ask about his friends. She felt bad for him to lose his friends just because of misunderstanding and a stupid rumor. “What about your friends?” Luhan scoffed when he heard the word ‘friends’, “Friends? So much for friends.” He couldn’t believe that his friends, correction; his ex-friends would do that to him. “But you’re friends with them for 10 years.” Seohyun didn’t want him to be alone without his friends. Although he has her, it does not enough. He needs someone; a guy especially, to share everything with him. “What kind of friend that turned against to me because of a rumor? How could they accuse me something like that without a chance for me to open my mouth?” The accusation from them to him totally upset him.

          “It’s because they don’t know about us.” Luhan looked at Seohyun and she was right. It was his fault that he kept this secret for 7 years. Whenever he’s with EXO, they would always tell their secrets to each other and none of them hide anything but for Luhan, the secret between him and Seohyun has yet to be revealed. Seohyun always told him that he can’t keep this secret forever and sooner or later, they will know about it. Although he agreed with her, he actually can’t believe that his secret can be kept for 7 years. He heard that no matter how someone tried to keep their secret, it will reveal eventually but he always wondered how his secret will be revealed to his friends. Will Luhan personally told them or they caught both of them together?

          “Let’s not talk about this, shall we?” Luhan suggested that they shouldn’t talk about something that makes them feel disappointed. “Then, what should we talk about?” Seohyun asked Luhan so that he will give a suggestion. He pondered on what to talk that made them happy. He suddenly had something on his mind, “Do you remember when I tried to look for you after your mother’s funeral and I got lost while I was looking for you because I didn’t know anything about this place at all and then, there’s one boy who kept following me and he told me that you’re here? I found you sitting in this bench looking at the sea with a sad gaze and then I sat next to you without a word. You told me that you need a shoulder to cry on and we were in this position. I was so nervous that time when your head on my chest that my heart beats crazily fast but you told me that I was frantically to find you that my heart beats fast because I’m tired.” Luhan reminisced their innocent past with Seohyun chuckled when she heard that.

          “Taeyong, isn’t it?” Luhan blinked. “That boy who keeps following you is Taeyong, right?” He smirked and nodded to her. “How did you know?” As far as he knows, he didn’t tell Seohyun about this at all. This is the first time he opened up to her. “Taeyong told me. He said that you kept going to the same place.” Right now, he felt embarrassed that she found out about that before. Damn, Taeyong! He’s surely going to get from him later.

 


~7 years ago~

          Everyone was dismissed from the funeral. The villagers went to Luhan and congratulated him and his parents much to their surprise. They didn’t think any negative about how Seohyun got married at young age but they reacted positively and they hoped that Luhan to take care of her and his parents to treat her like their own daughter especially to Mr. Lu since Seohyun never had any father’s love because she lost her father when she was born.

          They were about to go home when they realized that Seohyun wasn’t with them. Mr. Lu asked Luhan to find her and bring her here. Luhan hesitated at first because he was not familiar with this place at all since he comes here for the first time. He decided to find her after being persuaded by his parents. He didn’t know where to go and he realized that he had walked to the same place for a lot of time. While he was walking, there’s a boy who Luhan presumed to be the same age as the boy who revealed his marriage earlier, following him. He’s getting goose bump and scared at the same time but he can’t be scared to a boy who’s around 12 years old, right? But he kept following him and that part scares him. He approached at Luhan and went in front of him, “Seohyun nuna is at the beach.” That boy told him and just went away.

          He walked to the beach and that boy was right. She is there. How did that boy know that she here? He walked towards her and just like what happened at the city, his heart beats so fast. He sat next to her and she was shocked that someone sat next to her but relieved when she realized that was her husband. Both of them stay still in their position until Seohyun asked him whether she can ‘borrow’ his shoulder to lean on. Luhan raised his arms, “You can lean on my chest-“ Luhan froze in his position when Seohyun leaned on his chest. He was actually joking about the leaning on his chest but he never thought that she would lean on his chest willingly. Her position made Luhan froze and his heart beats even more rapid now. His arms were hanging in the air because he was too shock and hesitated whether to put his hands on her body or not. In the end, he didn’t.

          “I’m sorry.” He surprised when she apologized to him. For what? “You must be tired from running just to look for me. Your heart is beating so fast right now.” Luhan looked at her with his eyes widened. Luckily she didn’t look at him to look at his reaction. He thought that Seohyun must be innocent and naïve. His heart beats is not because he’s tired from running, it’s because Seohyun is so close to him. He regretted for joking at her but even if she leaned on his shoulder, his heartbeat would be the same.

 

 

 

 

 


I know that everyone is still mad at the last chapter but here is something that will calm you down. Hopefully it's not boring for you.