Chapter 11

A Perfect Secret

               A new semester has started and it is the final semester for Luhan and Seohyun. They hope that they can graduate together. Luhan also hopes that he can graduate with EXO. There are not a lot of changes when they came back to the college. Sooyi is still thinking that Luhan will become her fiancé and she had no idea about the married couple at all. She rarely bullies Seohyun because Luhan and EXO often ‘bully’ her. Seohyun still cooks food for EXO and they love it.

               Lately, Seohyun has been tired and looks pale. She ate and drinks a lot than usual. Luhan worried if something happened to her and asked her what Sooyi did this time but she assured him that Sooyi didn’t bully her anymore. This time, she used aegyo to make sure that he believes her. Thank goodness, he believed her words because it’s true that Sooyi didn’t do anything to her.

               Seohyun and EXO had their lunch at their usual place without the queenkas. They enjoyed the food that Seohyun made for them but Seohyun didn’t eat the food at all. She didn’t feel like she wanted to eat and played with the food instead. “Why don’t you eat it?” Luhan asked her since he noticed that she didn’t eat at all. “I don’t feel like to eat,” she answered shortly.

               “Are you sick?” She shook her head to him. She didn’t know what this kind of feeling is but there’s something in her stomach that seemed hard to accept any food. She wanted to throw up whenever she tried to eat.

               “I think you should go to see Dr. Jimin. You look pale and tired lately.” He told her while patted her head. He worried to see her like this. She nodded and packed her stuff and then excused herself but before that Tao asked her if she wanted to eat her food. She smiled and gave her lunch box to him. Baekhyun hit his head for being shameless to ask her to give her food.

               Seohyun walked to the infirmary but she felt her stomach twisting and something moves up from . She covered and ran to the toilet before throw up everything. Tears came out from her eyes while clutching her stomach to let it all out. It hurts a lot when she threw up. She wiped her tears and cleaned before she goes to the infirmary.

 


 

               “Take this.” Dr. Jimin gave Seohyun a pregnancy test kit. Seohyun froze in her position and slowly took it before looked it for a quite some time. She looked at Dr. Jimin and tried to speak something but she couldn’t say anything. She was too shock when Dr. Jimin gave her that. “Why?” That’s the only word she could say. Of course she knew what the function of this pregnancy test kit is but her mind was too blank from thinking anything

               “From all the symptoms that you told me, perhaps you might be pregnant. When was the last time you had your period, Seohyun?” Dr. Jimin wanted to confirm about that. If she didn’t had any period for a few months, then she’s pregnant. Seohyun frowned trying to remember when she had a period last time. “About two months ago.” She couldn’t exactly remember when but she knew it was two months ago. “And I didn’t had any period this month as well. It was supposed to be last week.”

               “Then, you must be either two or three months pregnant but you better check. I could be wrong. Tell me when it’s positive.” She said to Seohyun with a beam.

               Seohyun walked to the toilet slowly. Her mind filled with the thoughts of her getting pregnant. She is happy obviously and she’s pretty sure that Luhan is happy too but how she will attend to the college like this? This is not like the way before. Everyone from her school knew that she’s married and pregnant afterwards but they didn’t have any prejudice towards her instead they cared and supportive to her even gave her some advice although they’re not married yet.

 


 

               Seohyun looked again at the pregnancy test kit with mixed feelings. The result was positive. She didn’t know whether she should be happy or worried right now. She was happy that she gets pregnant but worried if everyone in this college knew about this. What will be their reaction? Will it be the same during her school days? Or will they laugh at her and call her with some kind of bad names? Only time will tell.

               She came out from the cubicle and came across with Sooyi and her gangs. Sooyi pushed Seohyun causing the kit to fall. Nara took it and looked at it. “Why did you do a pregnancy test?” Everyone turned to Nara and Seohyun was shock when the kit is in her hand. She would be busted if they find out about it. “Look! It’s positive.” Seohyun quickly took the kit and walked away leaving them dumbfounded

 


 

               Seohyun sat on her place timidly. Her secret has been busted by the queenkas and she knows that they will humiliate her. She will be doomed. She’s pretty sure that she will get kick out soon. The college has a rule that the student shouldn’t be pregnant while attending the college. That’s what she worried about.

               Sooyi entered along with her friends and sat on their place. Seohyun became nervous. Will they say something that will humiliate her? She wanted Luhan to be here right now. He and his friends haven’t entered the class yet. Sooyi and her friends started talking while eyeing Seohyun and then began laughing. Sooyi cleared , “Do you want to know a very hot story?”

               “We want to know. What is it?” They purposely say it louder so that they caught everyone attention. “I heard that there’s someone who get pregnant out-of-wedlock.” They gasped when they heard that. Seohyun’s eyes widened when they accused her for being pregnant out-of-wedlock. She touched her belly and rubbed it with a sad feeling. She felt hurt when her unborn baby is called as an illegitimate child.

               “Who is that?” They pretended to be curious. “It’s the same girl that I saw at the club. She is working there as a dancer. She was doing a striptease. I bet she’s a e too.” Sooyi said while eyeing Seohyun evilly. Furious that Seohyun took all Luhan’s attention; she decided to take a revenge on her by created a lie to everyone. With Sooyi knew about her pregnancy, she knew that this the best chance for her to attack her.

               “Why she would do such thing?” They really knew how to act. “I don’t know. Maybe she is desperate to find some money. Well, she’s poor.” Everyone in the class turned to Seohyun after Sooyi mentioned that she’s poor. Who doesn’t know about that? Everyone murmured about that. Seohyun felt hurt when she was accused for being e. It hurts so much. She’s not like that.

               Everyone stopped murmuring when EXO entered. Luhan noticed that Seohyun looks gloomy and he wondered why. He also noticed that some students eyeing her like she did something wrong but he just let it go because they always talked about Seohyun.

 


 

               Seohyun came back from work and as usual, her sons will greet her and kissed her. Luhan watched them with blank expression. He has something to discuss with her. Seohyun looked at him and smiled. She wanted to tell him about her pregnancy and discuss what she should do.

               They went into the room and faced each other. “Oppa, I-”

               “You are pregnant? Out-of wedlock? You are working at the strip club? You are a e?” Seohyun gasped when he said those words. He knew about it. How did he know? Could it be Sooyi told him?

               “How did you know?” She muttered under her breath. ‘Sooyi told you, right.’ She thought.

               “Everyone is talking about you. Do you know how hurt does it feels?” He expressed his disappointment when they talked bad about her. He couldn’t stand it, especially when their innocent unborn baby is being called an illegitimate baby.

               “I’ve been thinking about what I am supposed to do now that I’m pregnant. Our college have a rule that student shouldn’t get pregnant. And now Sooyi spilled everything, I’m going to get kick out soon.” She is really worried about that. No one supposed to know about this. She was supposed to tell him so that they can discuss about this.

               “What? Sooyi revealed it? How did she even know?” Luhan’s words shocked her the most. That means, Sooyi didn’t tell him?

               “I accidently dropped the kit and Nara took it. I’m scared, Luhan. I’m really scared. What if I get kick out?” She expressed herself. Her voice cracked because she wanted to cry feeling worried about herself.

               Luhan calmed her down, “Relax, my parents will make sure that there’s no such thing will happen.” He hugged her and caressed her back. “But the lecturers will wonder why your parents have anything to do with me. They don’t know about us. I don’t want to burden them anymore. It’s enough that they paid my college fees. I need to pay their money back.” She can’t depend on her in-laws. They done a lot of things to her and she felt grateful about it but they are busy people. She doesn’t want them to waste their time handling a lot of things for both of them.

               “I can’t do this, Luhan. I really can’t do this. I think I have to abort this baby.” Luhan’s eyes widen in shock when she said that she wanted to abort their baby. No way will Luhan accept that. She will be dead if his parents find out about that. She did wanted to abort their baby when she pregnant for the first time with the twins. It was their idea. They were still young and not ready to have a baby.

 


~7 years ago~

               Luhan and Seohyun went out for a date because he noticed that Seohyun is not her usual self. She looked so tired and didn’t have any energy. She complained that she often had a headache which Luhan will massage her temple so that she will feel better. He thought maybe a date would relieve her stress.

               He brought her to the Music Shop where they sold a lot of musical instrument. He heard from this little girl named Wendy, told him that Seohyun is really good at piano and knows how to play a guitar. Maybe this could be lightened her up.

               “Do you want to play piano? I heard that you’re really good at it.” Seohyun nodded at his request. She had played piano ever since she was little. She sat down on the seat and started to play with it. Her delicate fingers pressed the keyboards gently and played it very well. Luhan amazed and touched when she played the piano. He clapped his hands when she finished the song and sat next to her while pressing the keyboard one by one.

               “You’re really great, Seohyun.” He praised and acknowledged her skills in piano. Seohyun put her head on his shoulder. At first, Luhan didn’t think anything because she is used to do that but noticed when she started to breathe heavily and sweats started to form on her forehead.

               “Joohyun, are you okay?” He tapped her cheeks and she looked so drowsy. Feeling worried about her, he decided to take her to the hospital.

 


 

               Luhan sat beside Seohyun who was lying on the hospital bed with a needle punctured on her back of her hand. She was sleeping and he held her hand. He hoped that she would feel better after this. He waited for the doctor to tell him what’s wrong with her.

               “Luhan-shi, doctor wants to see you.” He nodded at the nurse and released her hand before met the doctor. He sat on the chair while waiting the doctor to proceed. The doctor who checked on Seohyun is Dr. Lee Yeon Hee. She was flipping the papers and looked at the computer. “I think you need to make an appointment with an obstetrician.” Luhan looked at her confusedly. “I’m sorry but what is that?”

               Dr. Yeonhee raised her eyebrow when he heard his question. “It’s a doctor that specializes for pregnant women or childbirth.” Luhan jaw dropped and froze in his position. “Why?” He asked her to make sure that what he heard is right. “Seohyun is pregnant.” There! He got his answer directly. “I will make an appointment for you since you didn’t know about it. Take this and go to the Obstetric Department and gave this letter to the receptionist. I will call the obstetrician there to inform about Seohyun.” She continued and gave the letter to Luhan.

 


 

               Luhan returned to the room and Seohyun had woke up, getting ready to go home. She saw him and smiled at him. “Are you okay?” He asked her blankly with no emotion on his face. “I’m fine now. This IV drip really helps me. What did the doctor said? Maybe the doctor said that I was tired and lack of sleeping, right? There are a lot of school project that need to be done. Don’t worry. I will take care myself.” She replied with a beam while pointing the drip.

               He cleared his throat, “Joohyun, you need to come with me.” She looked at him weirdly. “Where?” He didn’t answer instead he just held her hand and heaved a sigh. She asked a lot of question but he didn’t answer. He said that she will know once they reached that place.

               They reached at the Obstetric Department. Just like Luhan, Seohyun had no idea what is the meaning of the obstetric and entered the clinic with curious. They walked towards the reception counter and Luhan gave the letter to the nurse at the counter which made Seohyun raised her eyebrow confused why they came here. “Please wait for awhile before I call your name.” The nurse told them with a smile and left the counter.

               They walked slowly and Seohyun started to look at the surrounding, especially the poster that pasted on the wall. She frowned when she saw all the posters were all about pregnancy, childbirth, and childcare. She turned to Luhan with disbelief look and he had no emotion on his face all the time.

               “Why did you bring me here?” This can’t be right. No, this can’t be happening. Luhan heaved a sigh while turned to her, “You should know now.” He put his hands on her cheeks and caressed it gently. “Seo Joohyun!” The nurse called her name. “Go.” He said with a soft voice.

 


 

               Luhan took a brochure about family planning. His mind was blank while reading the brochure. Right now, he has been thinking about everything; his future, her future, his parents and the unborn baby. What are they going to do now? What is their future? What his parents’ reaction would be? He rubbed his face and covered it while thinking. Can they become parents in a very young age? It’s really awkward when he thought it. He has a classmate who has a younger sister with 15 years difference and now he will have a son or daughter with 17 or 18 years difference.

               Seohyun waited on the seat while looking at the doctor’s name plate; ‘Dr. Zhang Liyin’ ‘Obstetric Specialist’. She was waiting for the doctor who went out for a while. Just like when she entered the clinic, she observed her surrounding that was filled with information about baby, the development of baby and so on.

               The door was opened and the doctor entered with a ‘small hard paper’ on her hand. She sat on her place and hand the ‘paper’ to her. “Congratulation, Seohyun! You’re twelve weeks pregnant.” Dr. Zhang announcement made Seohyun in extremely shock. She slowly took the ‘paper’ and it was a sonogram of her baby. She stared at the picture in incredulity. How does this can happen? Is this the reason why Luhan didn’t want to talk to her just now? Because she’s pregnant and he’s the father? Although they are married, they’re still young to become parents. She’s not ready for this.

               Seohyun came out from the room with a blank expression and Luhan went to her immediately. “What did the doctor say?” He asked her curiously. She gave him the picture and he looked at it in dazed. “She said that I’m twelve weeks pregnant which means three months.” She answered without looking at him. He looked at her in shock when she told him that. It was that long?

 


 

               Luhan brought Seohyun to the café to discuss about this but they were silent all the time. There were not a lot of people at the café but they chose the farthest spot from other people so that they can’t hear about this. “What are you going to do now?” He decided to break the silent that has been with them after they left the clinic.

               Luhan heaved a sigh because she doesn’t know what to do. “I don’t know. Honestly, I’m not ready for this. I’m not ready to become a mother.” She told him honestly that she’s not ready to have a baby. “Me too.” He told her that he is in the same boat with her while sipping his drink. “So what am I going to do now?” She asked him the same question as he asked her just now.

               “Let’s ask my parents about this. Maybe they can help.” Seohyun nodded at him. It’s better to ask them since they have Luhan. Another idea has come to his mind, “Or maybe you can abort it.” She looked at him and thought for awhile. “I don’t think it’s a good idea to abort this baby but since we’re not ready, I have to. Where is the place?”

               “At city, there are tons of abortion clinic. There’s one that nearby to my house. You can go there.” He suggested that place to her. Seohyun didn’t know what she should do but they’re not ready yet and she had no choice but to abort it. “Let’s meet my parents.”

 


 

               “Mom, dad, we have something to tell you.” Luhan said to his parents that sat in front of them. “I’m pregnant for twelve weeks.” Seohyun announced to them and they were surprise in happiness. They congratulated her and expressed their joy to have a grandchild soon. All of sudden Seohyun felt guilty. It looks like her in-laws are happy that she’s pregnant but she decided to abort it.

               “But mom, dad, we’re not ready for this. We’re still young and we need to finish our school first. I’m sorry for bursting your bubble but I’m going to abort this baby. I’m sorry mom and dad.” Seohyun looked down after she said that. She felt nervous and scared at the same time. Mr. and Mrs. Lu’s face changed when she said that she’s going to abort the baby.

               Mrs. Lu stood up and walked towards Seohyun in anger. She slapped Seohyun making everyone gasped in shock. Seohyun trembled while touching her cheek. Her tears fell from her eyes. “Why did you slap her?” Luhan shouted at his mother. Mrs. Lu raised her hand to slap Luhan as well but was stopped by Mr. Lu. He took her to their room and told Luhan to take Seohyun to theirs.

 


 

               Seohyun was still crying due to the slap from Mrs. Lu. She knew that what she said was wrong but she’s still young to have a baby. She didn’t know anything about childcare. She’s still in school and how is she going to school while carrying the unborn baby in her belly.

               Luhan caressed her cheek gently. “Does it hurt?” He asked her in concern. She didn’t answer but her tears flowed through Luhan’s hand. “I’m going to talk to them again. I hope that they will listen to me and understand us.” He laid her down on the bed and went to their parents’ room. When he reached their room, he heard that they talked about what happened earlier.

               “I can’t believe that she wants to abort her baby. How dare her!”

               “Honey, calm down! You should understand that they’re still young and not ready for this.”

               “I know but I can’t accept that she wants to abort the baby. She should be grateful that she can get pregnant easily. What about me? I can’t conceive. For 10 years, we’ve been waiting for a baby but failed. Do you remember how happy we were when I was pregnant with Luhan? But I had a lot of trouble when I was pregnant with him. I was almost losing him. When I gave birth to him, there were a lot of complication and doctor told me that I can’t get pregnant anymore. Do you understand how I feel? I hate those girls who kill or abort their baby for their stupid mistake because they don’t know how hard for people who married can’t have a baby. She’s married but she wants to abort her baby! How can I not mad for that?”

               “I understand, honey! But I think that she didn’t know what she should do. She’s still young. We need to help her.”

               Luhan broke down into tears after he heard everything from her mother. He never thought that his mother had to go through all this. 10 years without baby, it must be hurt so much. Now, he understands why they were way too protective to him. They don’t allow him to go everywhere. He was trapped at home until he changed his attitude to rebellious boy. He understands why they treat Seohyun just like how they treated him when he was young. They gave her everything. His father gave her the love from a father that she never had.

               He went back to their room and Seohyun waited for him to tell her his parents’ respond. Does it work? He sat next to her while she was eager to know about his parents. He sighed, “I-I think you shouldn’t abort it, Joohyun.” Her eyes widened when he said that. Does that means his parents still disagree with it? “I didn’t know that my parents had suffered for 10 years until I came,” he continued. She didn’t get what he said.

               “Let’s not do this, Joohyun. My parents will help you.” He held her hand, looking at her with a sad gaze, pleading her not to abort their baby. She let go from his hold and shook her head. “No, Luhan. I can’t. I’m not ready for this. It’s really hard for me to handle this. I couldn’t be a mother right now. I’m not ready! Do you know that? I’m not ready!” Seohyun shouted at him and burst into tears.

 


 

               Seohyun stood in front of the clinic for abortion. Her hands were clenched into a fist. She closed her eyes tightly and took a heavy breath before let it all out. She tried to lift her leg but it felt like it was glued to the road. She couldn’t move at all. What’s wrong with her? She really wanted to do this but there’s something that stopping her from entering that abortion clinic.

               She walked to the clinic and somehow she felt someone just pulling her. She was anxious about this and started to hesitate whether to do this or not. Her mind says she needs to do this but her heart says don’t do this. She’s in dilemma. She rubbed her belly, ‘What should I do? I’m scared now. My ears kept hearing a baby crying and the sound is so close to me but I saw none of them with a baby. Are you the one who crying, my baby?” Seohyun thought sadly.

               She was alone because no one disagrees with her decision. Luhan and his parents didn’t talk to her at all. Luhan left the mansion before she even woke up. Her father-in-law gave her a cold greeting without looking at her at all. Her mother-in-law avoided her all the time. No one is with her. That’s why she hesitates about this.

               Seohyun entered the clinic and there were about 5 peoples were there and they were all young just like her. There were a couple, two young girls and a guy. “ARGH!” Seohyun flinched when she heard a screaming from inside the room. She began to tremble. Is abortion really hurt?

               Her eyes wandered around the clinic and stopped at this one particular poster on the wall. She looked at it and she was scared. The poster showed the process of how the abortion is done. It looks so scary that she couldn’t even imagine. She’s not strong to handle the pain. “ARGH!” Another screaming was hurt and Seohyun didn’t think any longer, she ran away from the clinic.

 


 

               Seohyun ran as fast as she could and reached the mansion. She continued to run without greeting her in-laws which leaving them dumbfounded. She opened the door of their room and Luhan was shock to see her barge into the room with him shirtless. She hugged him tightly but Luhan is really angry that she didn’t knock the door before enter.

               “What the?! Do you even know how to knock before enter the room? And where are you going just now?” He shouted at her, angry with what she had done but slowly cool down when he heard her sobbing and she was shaking so badly.

               “Joohyun? Are you okay? What’s wrong with you?” He tried to let go of her but her hug was really strong and she didn’t want to let go of him. Her sobbing is getting louder when he tried to remove her from the hug. His parents came to see the her and surprised to see her crying. They asked him what happened but he didn’t know either because she didn’t say anything.

               His parents left them alone knowing that they need some time. Luhan dragged her to the bed and lied down. “Joohyun, stop crying. Tell me where are you going and what happened?” He calmed her down with his soft voice. Seohyun told him everything about what happened and he can’t help but felt disappointed with her for going to the abortion clinic.

               “I’m scared.” Seohyun expressed while shaking in fear. He hugged her while caressed her back gently. “What are you going to do now?” Now that she’s feared with the abortion, he wondered what she will do. “I’m going to give birth to this baby but I’m scared.” Seohyun and her never ending scared. Luhan was glad that she decided to give birth to their baby. He put his hand on her hand which was on her belly and rubbed it slowly. “Don’t worry. My parents will help you.”

 

 

 

 

 


Merry Christmas for those who celebrate it. I'm sorry if this chapter ruined your Christmas mood. Enjoy your Christmas!