Chapter 8

A Perfect Secret

          Luhan went to the college by using his car since he lost EXO as his friends. Seohyun didn’t go to the college and she was given one week off by the hospital so that her back can be cured. Luhan gave her medical certificate to Dr. Jimin so that her tutor won’t be suspicious about how he had Seohyun’s medical certificate. Luhan had to do some work after college as his punishment such as cleaning the office, help the lecturers to organize some papers, files. He also organized books at the library. A lot of the lecturers were against about his punishment. His punishment actually was given by his parents as their request for breaking his promise for not protecting Seohyun. At first, the chancellor didn’t want to give him a punishment at all because he’s not guilty.

          For a week, he was so lonely without Seohyun and EXO at the college. However, Sooyi is still clingy with him which hated him the most. Sooyi thought that if she seduces him, Luhan will ‘do’ the same thing as he ‘did’ to Seohyun. What a cheap girl! He also encountered with EXO but they just passed by him and act like they didn’t know him at all. Even Seohyun is not here, so he felt even lonelier. Luckily, he still has Dr. Jimin to talk to him. He always hung out with Dr. Jimin at the infirmary. She asked him about Seohyun and she is glad that Seohyun is gotten better and that Luhan took care of her very well.

          Luhan cleaned the test tubes and small bottles at the laboratory and it’s his last day for him to do the punishment. His class finished earlier and he had no class after lunch. Dr. Jimin entered the lab to accompany him and because she was too boring at the infirmary and the lab assistant went for lunch so the lab assistant asked Dr. Jimin to look after him. She asked if he had eaten for lunch. Luhan shook his head. He said he will finish cleaning the tubes as soon as possible and head home to eat with his family. Seohyun texted him to come back home quickly because the boys kept disturbing her when she was cooking.

          “Nuna, can I ask you something?” Luhan wanted to ask her a question that was bugging in his mind yesterday when he was arranging some files at the Counselor Room. “Sure, what is it?” Dr. Jimin looked at him curiously. “I was arranging some files at the Counselor Room and found a student complain files about Sooyi. I wonder why they separated it from the normal student complain files? It’s so thick, even thicker than the normal student complain file.” Dr. Jimin laughed at Luhan’s question. “Do I need to tell you why they had to separate it? Complains about Sooyi is more than any other students complains combined together and you know why.” She told him. “I know about that but if there are a lot of complain about her, why does this college didn’t take any action on her?”

          “Our college will be closed down if we do that.” Luhan raised his eyebrow at her statement. Close down? Why? “Her father is a minister. He can’t have his image and reputation to become bad because of his daughter. He decided to cover his daughter by blaming other people. I heard that her father is a corrupter. Do you remember when our college was sued by her father because there’s a lecturer accused Sooyi for cheating during exam?” Luhan nodded. He remembered clearly because it made into the media and their college received a bad name. “Actually, Sooyi did cheating during exam but was caught by the lecturer and she was furious. The next day, her father sent a letter that he would sue the college for accusation.” Dr. Jimin’s explanation didn’t surprise Luhan at all. She did that every time and was caught a lot but the lecturers can’t do anything about it. That’s why she became a top student and they had to do that if not her father will doubt the exam system, marking system and so on and even asked them to do the test again. He didn’t care about anything else and didn’t want to believe about his daughter’s attitude and behavior. He always praised his daughter for being nice, kind and smart that everyone wanted to be her friends but blamed other students who talked bad about Sooyi.

          “Why don’t they just show him the student complain file? And didn’t exam hall have a security camera? Why don’t use that as evidence for her cheating?” Dr. Jimin heaved a heavy sigh and then smile to him. “They tried to use that to against him but on the day of the trial, the files and the CD were lost. They said it could be an inside job but they also said that someone broke into the office and stole the evidences because the security camera had damaged and the files were scattered all over the place.” She explained making Luhan jaw drop when he listened to that. “Why doesn’t her father transfer her to another college?”

          “I don’t know but I think Sooyi doesn’t want to transfer because you’re here.” Luhan blinked when she said that. What does he has anything to do with her doesn’t want to transfer? Dr. Jimin seemed to understand with Luhan’s reaction and continued, “She loves you, Luhan.” Luhan faked vomit and coughed when he heard what she just said. She just chuckled at his reaction and then he glared at her. “Please don’t put my name, Sooyi and ‘love’ in a same sentences. It’s illegal, understand?” He warned her not to say that again. “Your reaction is so funny, Luhan. I should’ve record it and send it to Seohyun. She’s going to laugh out loud when she sees that.”

          “But I think it’s true, Luhan. She has some serious obsession with you.” Luhan cringed when he heard that. That’s the most disgusting thing that he ever heard. “I think that’s why she bullied Seohyun a lot,” she continued. Luhan stopped brushing the tube and looked at her. “What do you mean?” He asked her and she gave him a sad gaze. This doesn’t look good. “When Seohyun met me at the infirmary after the whipping incident, I asked her why did Sooyi would do this to her. She said that Sooyi was furious that she’s talking to you. If I’m not mistaken, she was giving your phone that was dropped on the grass.” Luhan nodded when she mentioned about Seohyun gave his phone but surprised that the reason why Sooyi whipped her is because of that. “You know what Luhan, before this, I was so mad at you for not protecting her but now, I think you have no choice but to ignore her when she comes back.”

          What? Ignore Seohyun? There’s no way he would do that. After what happened, he determined to be with her all the time. “Why would I do that? I have a big plan that will blow up everyone’s mind. When Joohyun comes back, I’m going to be with her all the time and act naturally like what we did at home. I want to see their reactions about a ‘’ and his ‘victim’ together romantically.” He told her proudly but Dr. Jimin disagreed with him. “You can’t do that, Luhan. Sooyi will still bully her no matter what. You can’t stop her. Worst, she will do it in front of you. Imagine, if Sooyi whipped Seohyun because she talked to you, what will happen to her if you tell the whole college that you’re married with her? I’m sure she’s going to kill her right away in front of you.” Dr. Jimin statement made Luhan sighed in despair.

          He just wants to protect his love one. It’s not that hard but Dr. Jimin’s words shows that there’s no way that Seohyun will get away from Sooyi. If he acted like a stranger to her again as usual, she will get bullied and if he’s with her all the time, it’s the same thing except that it will be worse than usual. Dr. Jimin is right. The queenkas seemed to obsess with them. He wondered if they realized that EXO hates them a lot. Luhan obviously showed how much he annoyed of Sooyi and he even said that he didn’t like her at all but she claimed that he was joking. Does he look like he was joking? He even treated her badly with cursing and swearing right in her face. “Does Sooyi have a mental illness?”

          His question made both of them laughed so hard. “I think so. Obsession disorder or jealousy disorder?” They laughed again. “She doesn’t deserve to get jealous.” Luhan snorted thinking that Sooyi might be jealous of Seohyun because he helped her last week. Both of them stopped laughing and silent for awhile. “I wonder when they will kick her out or give a punishment or something. To be honest, I would love she faces a punishment like what she did to the other victim. Trust me; I would volunteer to punish her like what she did to Joohyun.” He wondered and suggested about the punishment. Seriously, he can’t wait for that day to come or will that day comes? “You’re right but before I want them to kick her out, I want them to throw her father to the jail because of corruption that he made. Then, Sooyi won’t have anyone to back her up.” Luhan nodded at Dr. Jimin. He can’t wait for that day.

 


 

          Finally, Luhan is done washing the tubes and bottle at the laboratory and it’s time for him to go home. Seohyun couldn’t stop giving him messages and missed calls telling him to come back now. The boys kept asking her to play with them that she couldn’t prepare for their lunch and when it’s lunch time, they whined at her about food. Luhan gave a call to Seohyun and told her that he will come now since he finally done with his punishment.

          While Luhan was walking along the corridor, he saw EXO at their usual hangout place. Luhan stopped and looked at them for quite some time. Right now, his mind is filled with them and Seohyun. Seohyun told him that it’s time to tell them the truth and he shouldn’t be worried if they’re going to accept her or not because they said that he is no longer their friend. For Luhan, he is still hesitated whether to tell them or not. Although what Seohyun said is true, the only problem is whether they want to talk to him or not, let it be believe what he said. He took a deep breath while closing his eyes and clenched his fist. Then, he walked towards them.

          Kris noticed that Luhan is coming to them and told them to pack their stuff and go away from here but Luhan stopped them. “Guys, please stop. I need to talk to you guys. Please listen to me.” He pleaded to them so that they will give him a chance to talk to them. The EXO boys were looking at each other if they wanted to listen to Luhan. “What is it, Luhan?” Xiumin allowed him to give voice to what he wanted to say making all of them looked at him surprisingly. Kris was about to protest but Suho mouthed to him not to say anything and followed what Xiumin wants since everyone listens to him very well because he is the eldest.

          Luhan took a deep breath and breathed out slowly before he opened his mouth. “As you guys know, we were friends for 10 years and we often share our secrets together. No one hides their secret at all. But I have a big and shocking secret that I hide from you guys for 7 years.” Luhan stopped for awhile before continued, “But I can’t tell you here because I know that you guys won’t believe me so I want you guys to follow me to this place. Will you guys follow me?” Luhan asked them if they wanted to follow him so that he could tell his secret. The rest of EXO boys were looking at each other once again for their decision. “Can you give us a minute?” Suho gathered the others and made a circle to discuss whether they should go or not. “What should we do, Kris?” Suho asked Kris for his opinion since he is like a leader too. “Let’s just run since we’re away from him now.” Everyone nodded at Kris decision. “We should follow him.” Everyone turned to Xiumin who gave the idea that they should follow Luhan to go to the place where he wanted to tell his secret that he hides for 7 years.

          “Listen, he’s our friend for 10 years and we believed that he '' that girl from two people that we hate the most instead of him. You didn’t even give him a chance to explain everything and you already called him a . What if he actually didn’t do that? We know that he was a playboy before but after that he said that he hates girls now because his love was rejected by his crush. You see how he treated Sooyi and do you think he will do that especially that poor girl who was not even close to his type?” Xiumin put his thoughts about Luhan into words when telling them about their friend whom they known for10 years. Out of all EXO, Xiumin is the closest to Luhan. They shared a lot of similarities and Luhan really loves to be with Xiumin. They were known as baby faced out of all the boys despite that both of them are the eldest of the group. When there’s no answer from them, Xiumin leaves them and went to Luhan, “Alright Luhan, we’re going.” Xiumin announcement caused the other 8 to blink in shock.

 


 

          EXO rode Suho’s limousine and followed Luhan’s car from behind. When they reached the dark train tunnel, Luhan entered the tunnel casually but Suho stopped in front of the tunnel and he felt shiver all over his body. Hyung, it’s so scary.” As usual, Tao gets scared easily when it comes to dark. “Is he trying to kill us?” Kris knew about this haunted train tunnel. He heard a rumor about this tunnel that once you get in, you’ll never get out. It’s assumed that those people were dead. Suho’s phone vibrated and it’s a message from Luhan.

 

From: Luhan

Just enter the tunnel. Turn the lights on while entering. It’s dark but it’s nothing. I will wait for you here.

 

          Luhan waited for them. He was nervous whether they will come or not. He waited for 15 minutes and no one comes. He heaved a sigh and was about to leave but he saw a glimpse of light from the tunnel and he was glad that they would come. They saw six boys and six girls at the park while dancing. One of the boys pointed to Luhan and all of them turned to him and waved at him happily. Then, they looked at EXO. However, instead of waving, they looked at them suspiciously while talking to each other and their eyes not leaving EXO. They followed Luhan until they reached to a house.

 


 

          “Appa!” Taemin, Jongin and Sehun screamed for their father in joy. Three of them were running towards Luhan when he came out from the car. Luhan hugged three of them making EXO dumbfounded when they saw three little boys hugging Luhan. Appa, who are they?” Sehun pointed to them while asking about the 9 strangers in front of him. Luhan ruffled his hair, “They are my friends.” Sehun ran to them and bowed, “Hello, I’m Sehun. Nice to meet you.” Sehun greeted them with aegyo. The boys squealed when they saw Sehun’s aegyo. He’s really cute that they wanted to put him in their pocket. “Hello, I’m Taemin. This is my little twin brother, Jongin.” Taemin introduced himself and Jongin. “Hey! I’m the hyung.” Jongin protested. “What?! I’m your hyung!” Taemin responded back. “Hmm, it’s just five minutes earlier.” Jongin crossed his arms while faced his back to Taemin with a frown on his face. EXO boys were chuckled to see the twins cute bickering.

          “Oppa? I’m glad that you’re bac-” Seohyun froze in her spot when she saw EXO in front of her eyes. Meanwhile, EXO boys’ eyes were wide open when they saw the girl that Luhan ‘’ is calling him ‘oppa’. Luhan walked towards Seohyun with a grin. Seohyun eyed him in dazed. She wanted to ask him but stunned when Luhan kissed her out of blue. They were astonished when Luhan kissed her because they didn’t expect that. Luhan wrapped his arm on Seohyun’s waist, “I would like to introduce my wife, Seo JooHyun. Those three are our sons.” Their jaw dropped as soon as they heard the word ‘wife’ and ‘sons’. Is this the secret that he hid for 7 years from them? Luhan invited them to enter the house but they still froze in their position because of Luhan’s revelation. Sehun went to Tao and pulled his hand which brought him to sense. Jongin pulled Kyungsoo’s hand while Taemin pulled Suho’s hand. All of them went into the house.

          Taemin, Jongin, and Sehun led them to the living room and Luhan told them to be comfortable and treat this house as their home and wait for him while he went to take a shower. EXO looked at their family photo that was hanging on the wall. Taemin, Jongin, and Sehun were playing with them and when EXO looked at the boys closely, three of them do looked like with Luhan and his wife. Their personality reminded them with Luhan’s playfulness and smart like him too. Kyungsoo wanted to go to toilet and asked the boys where the toilet is. Jongin volunteered to show him the way. “The toilet is in the second floor, near to our room and appa and omma’s room.” Jongin explained.

 


 

          Kyungsoo went out from the toilet and saw Luhan and Seohyun together intimately in their room since the door is slightly opened unaware that someone was watching them. Both of them were smiling happily and this is the first time Kyungsoo saw Seohyun smiling since he always saw her without emotion and so does Luhan. Luhan always had this cold-face whenever Sooyi is around but his smile that Kyungsoo sees this time is the same smile when he is with EXO except that his smile is lively and it’s from love.

          Kyungsoo saw Luhan kissed her and he deepened the kiss when Luhan started to his shirt making Kyungsoo tried to look away but he peeked a little. Luhan also ed his pants making him felt uncomfortable. He could have just run but he didn’t know why he couldn’t. He is curious what Luhan will do next. They let go the kiss and Seohyun hit his chest and went away with Luhan’s eyes following her. Seohyun came back with a towel and gave it to him in which he gladly took it with grin on his face. He wrapped the towel around his waist and removed his pants in front of her. Seohyun shook her head when he did that but took Luhan’s pants and shirt. Luhan kissed Seohyun for the last time before both of them disappeared from Kyunsoo’s sight.

 


 

          Luhan invited EXO to have dinner in his place and they agreed. Well, anything about food is more than okay for them. Luhan asked his sons to finish the food quickly and then go to play at the living room because he wanted to talk with EXO about his secret. The boys listened to him and they leave the dining room and play at the living room. At the dining room, only EXO, Luhan and Seohyun were there. Luhan started to reveal the secret one by one starting from how they get married, why they kept it secret, and he also explained to them about what happened at the infirmary when he was accused. The boys surprised with all the revelations from Luhan. Seohyun hadn’t said any word ever since they stepped into the house. They only heard her voice when she was talking to Luhan and their sons.

          Luhan also apologized to them for lying. He told them that the reason he stopped being a playboy because he started to love Seohyun. Back then, he lied to them that he stopped being a playboy because he hated girls. He told them that he had a crush on this ‘girl’ and confessed to ‘her’ but ‘she’ rejected him. Luhan apologized to them again for everything. They forgave him and decided to make up with him but they still can’t accept Seohyun. Luhan sighed. He knew that this would happen. Seeing Luhan’s reaction, Xiumin decided to speak, “I accept her as your wife.” All of them looked at Xiumin. “Me too,” Kyungsoo joined Xiumin as well. Hyung looks so happy with nuna and nuna also looks happy when she’s with hyung. I’ve never seen her smile before but she looks so beautiful when she smiles. She’s like a goddess.” Seohyun blushed when Kyungsoo complimented her making Luhan gave him a death glare. “I think I accept her too.” Lay is the third person to accept her. Slowly, everyone accepted Seohyun as Luhan’s wife and they were happy about that.

          “What are you going to do now?” Suho asked what Luhan will do when Seohyun comes back to college. “If you guys don’t mind, she’s going to have lunch with us. I want to be with her all the time. Is it okay for you guys?” He needed to ask their permission if it’s okay for Seohyun to be with him. “No!” Luhan surprised when Xiumin against his idea. He was disappointed with Xiumin because he’s the first one to accept Seohyun as his wife but he against for him to be with her. “Sooyi will be there and you know the consequence if Sooyi saw you with someone else, especially Seohyun.”

          “I will be with her always and protect her so that Sooyi won’t bully her anymore.” Luhan determined to protect her from Sooyi. “I know but Sooyi won’t stop bullying her even if you’re by her side. She will do everything to make sure that she will get everything what she wants. If she finds out that you’re married, she will make sure that both of you will separate. I know that you hate this but you have no choice. You have to ignore her.” Xiumin remarks are similar to Dr. Jimin. “He’s right. Sooyi will hurt me badly if she sees me with you. Do you remember when she banged me to the wall because I glanced at you? If she did that to me because of this small thing, imagine what will happen to me when she finds out about us?” Everything that Seohyun said is the same thing as what Dr. Jimin earlier. He remembered when Dr. Jimin told him about the whipping incident. “I’m sorry, Luhan but we have to act again.” Seohyun looked at him sadly making Luhan heaved a heavy sigh. It looks like he didn’t have any choice.

          “Appa! Omma!” They were shock when Sehun came and he is crying. Seohyun held him up and he hugged her tightly. Taemin and Jongin came after that. Luhan looked at the twins and asked them, “What happened?”

          “Hyung pushed me and I fell.” Sehun said between his sobs. Seohyun caressed his back softly while looking at the twins. “Sehun stood at the edge of the sofa. It’s dangerous so we tried to pull him back to the sofa but he let go of my hand and fell because of imbalance.” Jongin explained to them without being asked. “Aish, why do we have a brother like him? I want a new dongsaeng.” Taemin grumbled. “I want a dongsaeng too. I will protect my dongsaeng from these bad hyung.” Sehun told to Seohyun. Luhan and Seohyun looked at each other when they mentioned that they want a dongsaeng.

          The family bid farewell to EXO. Luhan and Seohyun were happy that they finally know their secret but their biggest challenge will come to their life and it’s up to them on how they will handle it.