Chapter 1

A Perfect Secret

          The hallway of Seoul Private College is crowded with students, elite students to be exact, talking, laughing and all sorts of noises filled the hallway. Girls talk about their fashions, anything that comes from branded items will become their hot topic and they will compete who will get that item first. If they manage to get that certain item before anyone else, they will brag about it to their friends which usually end with a fight. Unlike girls, boys are rarely fought with each other. Mostly, they will talk about video games, sports and other interests. Boys won’t fight unless it’s about a girl that they like but they are easily to make up than the girls.

          Despite that this private college is only for elite students, there is a one female student who is not like them. She is Seo Joo Hyun. She got into the college with scholarship, that’s what she said but no one take that excuse although she is pretty smart. There’s a rumor about her that someone helped her to pay the fees and the students suspected that it’s their lecturers. Her profile background is suspicious because her student file couldn’t be found.  However, the chancellor told the lecturers that he kept her student file. Up until now, her admission to this collage is still unknown though some suspected that the chancellor knew about it.

          Of course everyone wondered how she got in here because she said it herself that she’s came from poor family and she is an orphan. She admitted that she stayed at the orphanage before she came here and got in because of ‘scholarship’. Because of that, no one would want to be her friend because she’s poor and an orphan; no boys are interested in her because she’s just plain looking and she’s just wearing a simple clothes that makes her didn’t look stand out than the other. She often becomes a victim of the queenka of the college, Kim Soo Yi. Whenever she’s been bullied by her, no one dares to help her because they were scared of Kim Soo Yi and they don’t care about Seo Joo Hyun.


          Seohyun was sitting on the bench while reading before someone took her book and threw it on the ground. She flinched but then she felt scared because she knew who did that. 

          “Hey, loser! Don’t act like you’re reading just to show that you are a good girl so that the lecturers will praise you.” Kim Soo Yi uttered while folding her hands. Kim Soo Yi is one of the queenka in this collage with an arrogant and brat attitude. Most students are fear of her because her father is a minister so one dares to fight back with her even the lecturers too. Once there was a lecturer who reprimanded her about her attitude, she was fired on the next day.

          She grabbed Seohyun's face to face her with anger. “Look at me while I’m talking to you, idiot!” Her grabs becomes tighter and Seohyun felt that her checks are injured because her nails are long.

           “I want you to buy drinks for me and my friends, and I want it before 12.30pm, understand?” She spat every word to Seohyun. “And make sure you don’t spill it like yesterday or else you’ll be facing my wrath.” She warned her before she let go her face and walked away. Seohyun touched her cheek and picked her book and went to the class.


          As usual, Seohyun bought all ten drinks for Sooyi and her friends who also the queenka of the college using her own money. The other queenkas are Yoon Hye Won, Lee Yoon Ji, Son Jeong Ae, Lee Bo Reum, Lee Shi Ah, Park Se Mi, Baek Soo Young, Kim So Ri, and Yoo Na Ra. During lunch time, they often hang out with the kingka. They are known as EXO and they are rich too, like it’s the most surprising thing. Everyone respects them. All the boys want to be like them. All the girls go crazy because of them. They have 10 members and all of them are friends since they were in junior high school. Unlike the queenkas where all of them have the same attitude, the EXO boys have different kinds of personality.

          Kim Min Seok, or better known as XiuMin, is really quiet and only talks when he feels to. Kris Wu Yi Fan is a cold person and he has a fierce face. Kim Joon Myun or SuHo well, like his nickname, he’s definitely suits to become a guardian or something. He is the richest out of the other friends and a strict person. Next is Zhang Yi Xing or Lay. Seohyun wondered if this guy lacks of sleep or something because his eyes shows that he’s sleepy. His specialty is dancing. Byun Baek Hyun has a cheerful personality and is very talkative. Meanwhile, Park Chan Yeol is a noisy boy and always smile. A creepy smile actually and his deep voice doesn’t match up with his looks. Kim Jong Dae or Chen is just like Baekhyun and Chanyeol, talkative and noisy. Out of all the members, these three members are the noisiest. How they can stand with them? Do Kyung Soo is quite rare among the others. He seems to have a very evil plan behind his quiet personality even his looks tells them he has one. Then, there’s Huang Zi Tao, the youngest of the group. Although he is master in martial arts, there’s no use if someone throws an insect to him. But, there’s one guy that caught Seohyun's attention. Lu Han. He has a pair of doe eye and a baby face but his personality doesn’t match with him. He is so cold and never smiles even once. He is Sooyi's boyfriend; well all the queenkas claim them to be their boyfriends although the boys hate it. They are playboys and with these queenkas with them all the time, they couldn’t flirt any girls and if these girls found out, they will humiliate and bully them badly.

          Seohyun struggled to carry all ten drinks without spill. She gave out the drinks to the girls and when she’s about to give Sooyi drink, she took a glance at the certain baby faced guy who was sitting next to Sooyi with an annoyed face. “What are you waiting for? Get out of here!” Seohyun flinched and quickly walked away after Sooyi scolded her.

          “That girl makes me mad. Why is she here? She’s supposed to stay at the orphanage with her parentless friends.” Sooyi muttered angrily. Luhan stood up from the seat and told them that he’s full and he’ll wait for them in the class.


          Seohyun came out from the toilet when Sooyi grabbed her hair causing her shrieking in pain. “My friends told me that you look at my Luhan oppa.” Sooyi threatened her that she will be dead if she dares to do that again before Sooyi pushed her head and hit the wall. Two girls in the toilet were trembling in fear and quickly went out to the toilet leaving Seohyun alone.

          Her head was bleeding due to the hit and she went to the infirmary for the treatment. Dr Oh Ji Min is the only doctor in here and she’s like a sister to Seohyun since they came from the same place. Dr Jimin cleaned the wound and then applied the plaster on her head. Seohyun thanked her for treating her wound and bowed before leaving.

          “Are you sure that you’ll be fine?” There’s no one worried about her more than Dr Jimin herself. She knew that Sooyi is the one who did it but sadly, she’s too coward to face Sooyi after the old incident. Sometimes, she really wishes that the chancellor will expel her because of what she had done. Being a minister’s daughter is definitely an advantage for her.

          Seohyun nodded her head, “I’m fine, unnie.” 

          Dr Jimin sat on her seat while looking at the sky outside from her window and sighed, “Where is he when all this things happened to her?”


          After the class ended, Seohyun took the bus and went to ‘The Grace Café’. She usually works at café at 3-6pm which is the third shift along with other 8 workers and a manager in charge. The café is open every Monday to Saturday but Seohyun only works on weekdays and will start her shift after class. There are 32 workers including herself; 10 females, 22 males and 4 managers.

          Everyone works at different shift and different kind of job in the café but Seohyun prefer to be in the kitchen as a cooker instead going out like be a cashier or a waiter since everyone must at least experience one of those. She knew that the students from her college come to this café especially the EXO boys and she knew that she will be humiliate by the students.

          “Seohyun, I need one chocolate melted cake.” Dana, the manager in charge for this shift, informed her and Seohyun took one chocolate cake from the fridge and placed it onto the tray. Chocolate cake is her recipe and it’s nothing special about this cake. It’s just a chocolate cake outside but it’s melted inside and only Seohyun can make this.

          “Unnie, try this!” She gave Dana to taste her new recipe. “It’s tasty. How do you make this?” Seohyun pointed the ingredients on the counter. There’s a yogurt, chili powder, lime, chicken and that’s it.

          “I put the chili powder in yogurt and add some lime. Then, I marinated the chicken. After a few minutes, I grilled it.” Seohyun explained one by one. Dana gasped at her explanation. Yogurt and chili? That doesn’t make sense but it is tasty.

          “Well, that’s weird combination but it’s tasty. I’ll let the others to try this and decide whether we can put it into our menu but if it’s comes from you, I’m sure they’ll love it.” Seohyun nodded with a big smile on her face.

          “Can I taste it?” Kim Hee Chul asked while preparing some food for customer. Dana wouldn’t let anyone to taste it before it makes it to the menu.

          “Eh?! I thought that Seohyun cooks for us and that’s a lot. You wouldn’t be able to finish it alone.” Im YoonA is just being Im YoonA.

          “I’m glad that Sooyoung is not here. I’m sure she will eat it no matter what I say.” Dana shook her head while thinking another worker, Choi Soo Young that known as the Goddess of Food for obvious reason followed by Yoona. Seohyun just chuckled while watching them.


          The EXO boys love to go to ‘The Grace Café’ and it is Luhan's favorite place too. It is the only place where Luhan will smiles, laughs and talks with his friends unlike when he is in college. He also ordered his favorite dessert, chocolate melted cake. The melted chocolate inside the chocolate cake is really delicious.

          “Hyung, didn’t you order this two days ago?” Baekhyun curiously asked him. “He eats this every time we come here.” Chen remarks caused the others to laugh.

          “Seriously hyung, you should marry the one who make this thing, and then you can eat this every day.” Everyone laughed at Baekhyun statement while Luhan smiled sheepishly.

          “But what if the one who make this is a guy?” Tao asked innocently. Everyone looked at Baekhyun who was smiling while waiting for his answer. “It doesn’t matter. He can marry him as long as he can eat this every day.” They laughed crazily and all the waiters looked at them with a frown while Luhan threw a napkin to Baekhyun.

          Luhan returned home and greeted his parents who were sitting in the living room while reading some papers. It must be about the business. “Why is this house so quiet today? Where are they?” It’s unusual for him to come home like this.

          “They’re at the backyard with the butlers.” His mom pointed the way. He nodded, “Okay, I’ll be going there.”

          “Wait!” His father stopped him and looked at him in the eye. “Are you doing a good job protecting her?”

          Luhan gulped when he asked that. “I-I did.” He stammered while answering.

          “Good because I heard a lot of bad things about her than good things. I trust you, my son.” He smiled to him before Luhan walked away to go to the backyard.

          “No, dad. I didn’t do a good job. I fail to protect her. That’s why you heard a lot of bad things about her. I’m sorry, dad. I’m sorry, mom. I promise that I will always by her side.” He thought himself while making his way to the backyard.

          He found one butler who was busy eating some chickens. He tapped on his shoulder causing him to jump and ly to see his young master laughing.

          “I’m sorry, Young Master. I really didn’t see you coming. I’m sorry.” Lee Jin Ki, the butler apologized to Luhan with chickens full in his mouth.

          “It’s okay but you should finish all the chickens in your mouth before saying something. You should see your face. It’s really funny.” Luhan couldn’t stop laughing while looking at his face.

          “Where are the rest?” Jinki pointed to his left with still his mouth full of chickens. Luhan walked towards the other butlers; Kim Jong Hyun, Kim Ki Bum, and Choi Min Ho, “Alright, that’s all for today.”


          It’s 6pm and Seohyun's shift is ended. The next worker had already arrived at their place. Seohyun excused herself and bid farewell to others. She walked alone in a quiet road but she’s used to it and besides, no one knows this place. She lives in a place called Pyeonghwa Village which is the isolated place in Seoul. If someone wants to go to Pyeonghwa Village, they have to go through the haunted train tunnel that was abandon for years but the tunnel wasn’t haunted at all. Seohyun walked through the tunnel alone and nothing mystery here. When she reached the end of the tunnel, she was welcome by the green scenery unlike in the city. Trees, flowers and even fruits are all over the place. It’s really fresh to be here.

          Seohyun stopped by at one shop to buy some stuff for dinner. She decided to cook her new recipe today. She greeted the grandmother who is the owner of the shop.

          “Oh, unnie?! Are you going to buy something?” Her granddaughter, Lami asked Seohyun with an excited expression. Seohyun nodded, “Yes, Lami. I’m going to cook today.”

          “Can you cook for me?” She pouted while doing some aegyo. “But not today because grandma cooked my favorite food today.”

          Seohyun pinched her cheek. “Okay, I will cook for you sometime.” Lami jumped happily and told her grandma about it.

          After doing some groceries, she went back home. She was tired but she had to prepare a dinner. She opened the door and went inside.

 

 

 

 


Okay, that's my first chapter. I think it's boring. Hahaha.

I'm pretty sure that all of you wonder where is Kai and Sehun, right? They will appear in the next chapter but not as an EXO member. I had this story in my mind 2 years ago and I make both of them a different characters. Just wait for the next chapter and you'll be shock. I guess? Hahaha.

When I was writing this chapter, I actually listed all the cafe workers name. Yes, all 36 of them minus Seohyun. But then I was like what's the point list them when they're not going to appear much. So I decided to remove it. But if you guys wonder who they are, they're actually SM artists. BoA, DBSK (OT5), TRAX (OT2), CSJH, Super Junior (OT15), and SNSD (OT9). The managers are CSJH. Hence, the cafe name. Oh, and Dr Oh Jimin is J-min, if you know her.