Chapter 2

A Perfect Secret

         Omma! Seohyun turned to her left and her eyes widen when the certain boy ran to her with tears flowing on his cheeks. He is Seohyun's son, Sehun. He is 4 years old. Seohyun kneeled down and hugged him.

          “What’s wrong, Sehun? Did you get injured?” She checked on him whether he had any injuries.

          Sehun pointed to the two boys who were about to come towards both of them. Hyung bullied me again!”He said between his sobs.

          “Omma, don’t listen to him! He’s just acting.” Taemin shouted while Jongin pulled Seohyun away from Sehun. Taemin and Jongin are her 6 years old twins. Three of them always squabble with each other; mostly the twins and Sehun, 2 versus 1.

          Sehun stomped his foot and crying even louder before pulling Seohyun again, “No! Omma is mine!”

          “Omma is ours!” Taemin and Jongin pulled again and again and Seohyun didn’t know what to do with them. She almost fell due to imbalance because her three sons kept pulling her. She surprised that the boys would welcome her like this and she just froze in her position while looking back and forth at three of them.

          “Ouch!” The three of them winced and stopped pulling Seohyun while their head. Seohyun turned and looked up to look at the baby faced and doe eyed guy or the simple way to say is; her husband, who hit her sons’ head. He was standing behind them while folding his arms and glared at them. All three of them looked down straight to the floor to avoid their father’s glare. The situation now becomes awkward. It was silence. None of them opened their mouth to speak anything even her husband, Luhan.

          Seohyun took a deep breath and decided to break this silence, “Now, anyone tell me what’s going on?” That’s the first thing she needed to know when she stepped inside the house.

          “They/Hyung/Sehun” 4 of them spoke at the same time while Luhan pointed to the boys, Sehun and the twins pointed to each other.

          “Okay, let’s listen one by one. Sehun, you start first.” Seohyun sighed as she tried to calm down when facing this kind of situation. She will listen to all of their problems and try to solve it.

          Sehun hugged her and complained in cute voice, Hyung bullied me again. They said they’re going to kick me if I don’t listen to them.” Seohyun caressed his back lovingly while listening to him. Meanwhile, the twins scoffed and Luhan rolled his eyes. “What about both of you?” Seohyun proceeded to the twins.

          “Sehun didn’t keep his toys after playing with it. He let his toys scattered around the living room. What if appa or omma stepped on it? Appa or omma will fall and injure. Then, appa or omma will go to hospital. We don’t want that to happen.” Jongin explained to her while Taemin nodded everything to what he said. “Aw, you care about us. Come here both of you.” Seohyun stretched her right hand to call them. Both of them rushed to her and hugged their lovely mother.

          Luhan fake coughed and cleared his throat to grab Seohyun attention. “Do you want to listen to me?” He felt annoyed that Seohyun gave opportunity to their sons to talk first rather than him. It’s always like this when they want to share their problem. He is the last one to talk what happen to the boys and all stuffs when she’s not around but when he talked, Seohyun ignored him because she’s too busy pampering their son. How much he is jealous with them because Seohyun will hug them or kiss them whenever they tell their problem but she never did that to him even though his problem is the worst and they are the one who cause his problem!

          “Sure. Tell me about it.” Luhan told her that he asked the boys to clean up their mess and to keep their toys inside the box before Seohyun comes but they didn’t. Just like Luhan thought, no one listened to him, except the wall who loyal to him. He walked straight to the wall with a sad gaze to them who currently in their own world now and ‘paste’ himself to the wall. “As expected, you’re the one who listens to me, wall.” He muttered slowly.

          Seohyun looked at her husband that already attached himself at the wall and confused with his action. “I thought that you want to tell me something, oppa?”

          Luhan felt hurt when she said that. Clearly she didn’t listen to what he said just now. He sighed before repeated what he said just now once again. “I told them to clean up the mess that they created in the living room and kept all the toys inside the box before you come back but they didn’t clean up at all. Now, our living room is like a pigsty!” He said with a flat tone still attaching to the wall.

          Seohyun glanced to the living room which was in front of her and shocked. The living room is really mess. It’s like a tornado coming and hit the living room. “Why don’t you clean it up?”

          He sighed. Seohyun will forever on their sons’ side. She always find a way to blame him no matter what. He detached himself from the wall and this time, he leaned his back against the wall while folding his arms with blank expression. “I did but the boys messed it again. They will mess it more when I say no.”

           Seohyun stood up and looked at the boys. “Now, I want you to clean everything and I want the living room to be clean. I will check it when I come down, understand?” All three of them nodded. Why she handled it easier than he does? Seohyun gave the groceries to the twins and they carried to the kitchen while Sehun picked up his toys and put it in the box. She turned to Luhan and he smirked at her before went to her and put his arm around her shoulder while climbing the stairs.


          Both of them entered their room together. The room is filled with white. Their bed, furniture, table, chairs, bookshelf, everything is white even the toilet is filled with white. It is not a surprise for them because their favorite color is white. A family picture that was taken during Chuseok was hanging on the wall since they don’t have a wedding picture.

          Seohyun put her bag on the table and turned to face Luhan who was standing behind her. Luhan raised his arms and Seohyun smiled then walked towards him before hugged him tightly. They looked at each other while hugging. He cupped her face and kissed her gently. Seohyun closed her eyes when he kissed her. Luhan held her nape with his right hand and wrapped her waist with the other hand to deepen the kiss while Seohyun wrapped her around his neck. He bit her lower lip and she opened for him. Seohyun pulled away from the kiss when she lost her breath and rested her chin on Luhan's shoulder while he continued to kiss her jaw line then her neck before he kissed her cheek. Seohyun shut her eyes while trying to catch her breath. It was their ‘welcome home’ kiss. They wouldn’t do it in front of the boys because it’s embarrassing for them and their kiss is very passionate especially for Luhan. He really loves to kiss her so much and he has some obsession whenever he kissed her. That’s the only way they showed their love to each other.

          Luhan frowned when he saw a plaster on Seohyun's forehead. He gently rubbed it with his thumb when he asked, “What happened?”

          “I-I, um, I fell-fell-fell, and hit, yes, I fell and accidently hit my head on the wall.” Seohyun stammered while answering because she’s lying.

          He knew her better than anyone else. She is lying for sure. “Really?” He pressed the plaster that covered the wound caused her to wince in pain.

          “Y-yes. Ouch! It hurts” He pressed harder when he didn’t get the exact answer from her. Finally, Seohyun gave up, “Okay, okay, your ‘girlfriend’ pushed me when we’re at the toilet. She told me not to look at her Luhan oppa again.” She emphasized the last three words to him.

          Luhan just scoffed at her. “Girlfriend? I don’t have a girlfriend.” He hugged her, “But I have a wife,” then kissed her.

          “Say that to her.” Seohyun challenged him. “I did.” He gave her a short answer when he kissed her cheek, “But she never listen,” then he kissed her forehead, “She thinks that I’m joking,” and finally, he pecked her lips. It’s his habit whenever he’s with her. If Seohyun is not with him, he will go crazy. He will kiss her non-stop when she came back from her work. Things will get worst if the college organize a trip. Since his friends are going, he has to go too but Seohyun didn’t because she needs to look after the kids and her work although his parents asked her to go and they will look after the kids so does her boss who allowed her to take a leave but she rather not going because she’s going to be alone anyway despite her husband is there. If that happens, Luhan will have high fever and the lecturer allowed him to go back home and Seohyun will take care of him. He will whine like a baby and tell her how much he missed her.

          Luhan pulled the plaster from her forehead and pecked the wound. When he’s done, Seohyun felt something cold on her forehead and touched it. Her finger became wet and smelled it before she wiped on his shirt with disgusted look. Luhan chuckled at her reaction. “Why? Saliva can heal the wound.” Seohyun looked at him with a gross expression.

          “I’m sorry.” He apologized to her and kissed her again. He was about to deepen the kiss but pulled away when they heard their kids quarrel again. “It’s duty-as-a-father time.” He sighed when their moment interrupted. “Okay, I will take a shower now.” Seohyun told Luhan and he nodded then pecked her lips.


          Seohyun prepared for their dinner when Sehun came but he couldn’t enter the kitchen because there’s a fence that prevent them from entering the kitchen while she was cooking.

          “Omma! Sehun called her from there. Seohyun turned to him and smiled at him then focused on her cooking. She knew that he wants to be with her but she can’t let him enter because he will distract her and afraid if something bad happen. It happened once when Seohyun poured boiling water and didn’t notice that Taemin was there. He pulled her hand causing her to spill the water. Luckily, it didn’t spill on Taemin.

          Sehun screamed for her again and even shook the fence. Seohyun worried if the fence will collapse as he shook it even harder. Luhan is taking a shower if not, he will help her to look after the boys while she was cooking or even help her to set the table because the boys know how to behave themselves.

          Luhan held Sehun up and snuggled him. “What are you doing here, little boy?” Luhan entered the kitchen while holding Sehun securely. “What’s for dinner?” He asked her and held Sehun hands because he will touch everything and he won’t stay still. “I created a new recipe today, I gave Dana unnie to taste and she loved it. She will let Stephanie unnie, Sunday unnie, and Lina unnie to taste it before they decide to make it into the menu.”

           “I’m pretty sure they will love it and I’ll make sure that I will order it. Today, I ordered your chocolate melted cake.” Luhan told her proudly. “You told me every day.” She sighed because she couldn’t count with her fingers on how many times he had told her that he ordered her chocolate melted cake.

           “Why not? Do you know what Baekhyun said? He said that I should marry with the one who make that chocolate melted cake.” He tittered before continued, “But he didn’t know that I’ve married her a long time ago.” Seohyun smiles fade away hearing that and quickly looked away from him. “Please help me to set the table.” Seohyun changed the topic and Luhan nodded then walked out to the kitchen.


          All five of them had their dinner together. Luhan sat at the side of the table since he is the leader of the family. On his left are the twins while on his right are Sehun and Seohyun. Sehun sat in between Luhan and Seohyun because he still clumsy while using a chopstick. They will help him and even feed him which make the twins jealous of him because their parents gave a lot of attention to Sehun.

          “The school starts on next week, right?” Luhan asked while looking at the twins. “Oh, you’re right!” Seohyun remembered about that since she was busy with her college life. “That means Sehun will be going to kindergarten now.” Seohyun expressed in happiness but Sehun looked upset.

          “What’s wrong, Sehun? I thought that you’re happy that you’re going to kindergarten.” Luhan noticed the changed expression in Sehun. Before this, he was happy that he will be going to kindergarten but now, he looks like he wants to cry. “I don’t want to go to kindergarten.” Sehun mumbled. “Why?” Seohyun wondered too because he told them that he can’t wait to grow up so that he can go to kindergarten. He will ask them when he will go to kindergarten and so on.

          “Hyung said that place is scary. It is like a haunted house and the ghost will come and disturb me.” He said in scared voice. With that, both Luhan and Seohyun stared at the boys who frightened their little boy. Meanwhile, the twins avoid their stare and looked at their left as if there’s someone who sitting beside them. “I’m pretty sure there’s a ghost that sitting next to you, Jongin” Luhan joked on them. Jongin gulped and scooted towards Taemin and hugged Taemin tightly, “Help me!”

          The other three laughed their head off when looking at Jongin who scared like a mouse. “Don’t scare your brother if you’re scared as well.” Luhan warned them not to do it again, “And please look after him. I don’t want him to get lost. He’s not used to new place,” and reminded them about that before he turned to Sehun, “And you, don’t go anywhere alone and listen to your teacher.” Sehun nodded in glee. Luhan and Seohyun worried about Sehun most. Sehun is the type of boy who can’t stay still and likes to move around without permission. Once they were walking along the beach only to find that he’s missing. They frantically searched for him but found him with Johnny, the local boy while they were riding a jet ski.


          It’s the boys’ bed time. As usual, Seohyun and Luhan will put them to bed and plant a kiss on their forehead before going to sleep. Three of them shared the same room together with Taemin and Jongin slept on double-decker bed while Sehun slept on single bed. After saying goodnight to them, they went to their room.

          Both of them lied on their bed and hugged each other. Luhan caressed her back gently, “Do you know what day is tomorrow?” He asked her if she remember the most important day for them. “It’s our 7th year anniversary.” Seohyun answered. Luhan smiled because she remembered it but his smile faded away when she said her next sentence, “And it’s also my mom’s 7th year death anniversary.”

          Luhan sighed on that. It’s supposed to be their happy day but it’s also her sad day since the only person that she loves most left the world on her arms. However, he thanked her mom for saying her last wish to his parents and he also thanked his parents for forcing him to marry her. Yes, they were forced to marry in order to fulfill her mother’s last wish; she wants to see her one and only daughter to get married. Both of them were against the idea because they’re too young and they’re just met that day. They don’t even know each other’s age.

          “You should ask your boss’s permission to leave early from work to visit ommonim’s grave.” He suggested to her. Seohyun shook her head, “I don’t want to.” She disagreed with his idea. “Why? I’m sure they will understand I mean, they all knew about it.” The people who know about their marriage are the villagers of Pyeonghwa Village, Seohyun's café workmates including the managers and Dr Oh Jimin who came from Pyeonghwa village too, and Luhan parents’ maids and butlers.

          “I need to work for my family.” Luhan silenced when he heard her words. It’s true that he, being the leader of the family; he did nothing to his family. He felt that he is a useless father to his sons, useless to his family. As a father, he should be the one who work for his family not his wife. His father wouldn’t allow him to work in his company until he finishes his studies. He had to wait for that.

          However, his parents will give him money every month for family expenses until he takes over the company. They done this since they were married 7 years ago. His parents were the one who paid Seohyun's college fees and they met the chancellor straight away in order for Seohyun to enter the college and hope that their son will take care of her. They love Seohyun as much as they love Luhan but they told them to keep their marriage in secret because they want to protect their image and status since Seohyun came from poor family. Deep inside their heart, they don’t mind about Seohyun status at all but they know what the societies will say about her and decided to keep it as a secret because they want to protect her.

          “Did I hurt you?” She knew that her words just hurt him. She didn’t intend to hurt him. “No, Joohyun.” He denied but she knew that he is hurt. “I’m sorry.” She hugged him. “Joohyun” he called her Joohyun and only Luhan can call her that. Seohyun looked at him in the eyes. “I love you, Joohyun”

          “I love you too, Luhan” Luhan smiled and kissed her.

 

 

 

 


Surprise!!!! What do you think about this chapter? Shocking?

I have a BAD NEWS for you. My final exam is coming and I won't be able to update in another three weeks time. I'm sorry. >_< But if I have time, I will update. Well, it's my fault for creating this story when my final is coming. I should have create this story during my semester break.

Anyway, thank you for subscribing my story. I promise that I will do better next time. Thank You!