Chapter 4

A Perfect Secret

          “Omma, how are you? Are you happy? I’m very happy. I’m happy with my husband and my sons.” Seohyun put a bouquet of flowers on her mother’s grave. Luhan, Taemin, Jongin and Sehun were there too to give respect to Eunseo. Halmeoni,” Sehun approached to the grave and squatted in front of it, “See you soon.” Sehun waved at the tombstone as a goodbye, “We will come again.” Luhan and Seohyun chuckled to see their son’s action. Luhan squatted down and removed some dried flowers on the tombstone. “Ommonim, thank you for everything. I promise that I will protect her and I will make sure that she’s happy with me.” He felt grateful to Seohyun’s mother. If it’s not because of her, he wouldn’t get married with Seohyun and perhaps she will be placed in the orphanage.

          They left the cemetery to head home. Luhan held Sehun because he can’t be trusted if they let him go while Seohyun held Taemin and Jongin’s hand and walked together. “I will cook for dinner today.” Luhan winked to Seohyun making her to blush. “Let me guess! It’s spaghetti and meatballs.” Luhan nodded at her answer before continued, “And pasta with carbonara sauce.” Luhan will cook for dinner every their anniversary year and the food he will cook is none other than spaghetti and meatballs. Basically every time on their anniversary day, they would do something that reminded of their first met and spaghetti and meatballs were Seohyun’s first food that they ate together, although Seohyun didn’t eat it because it’s new to her.

          There are a lot changes to Pyeonghwa Village after Seohyun got married with Luhan. Mr. Lu spent his money on this village for development. Now, there’s a hospital, kindergarten and everything. The villagers have a job now but of course their bond hasn’t change a bit. The Lu’s became close with all the villagers and they knew everyone too. They felt like they had another family for them to gather together if there’s an event that the villagers organized.

          They finally reached their home. It was Seohyun and her late mother’s old home but was renovated by Mr. Lu. Back then, Seohyun insisted to stay here because it’s her home and the villagers are like her families so that’s why she didn’t want to follow the Lu family despite that she’s married to Luhan. Mr. Lu had no choice but made a deal to her that he will renovate the house but she must stay with them until the house is done for renovation. He also asked her what kind of house that she dreamt of. Seohyun told him that she wanted a two-storey house that painted with white and a garden that filled with flowers.


~7 years ago~

          Seohyun stayed in the Lu family mansion for a few months and she managed to get along with Mr. and Mrs. Lu and the servants. Mr. and Mrs. Lu adored her very much. They glad that she became a part of their family. It seems like they love Seohyun more than their own son, Luhan. It could be because that they don’t have a daughter and the fact that Seohyun is well mannered and a very nice girl. The maids who work at the Lu’s mansion really admire with her. She’s very humble and kind that she would help them to do some cooking or do the chores. They told her not to do it because they afraid that their master or mistress would scold them for letting her to do the work but she told them that she wanted to do it.

          Sometimes, Seohyun would cook for everyone and they love her cooking. Victoria, the maid who cooked the food for the Lu’s really love her cooking. She felt nice that she could taste someone’s food because she’s bored to eat her own cooked food. Meanwhile, the butlers were admired by her beauty. She may look plain in other people’s, but her attitude made everything about her is beautiful. Sometimes, Luhan caught them stalking at her. However, Seohyun never talked to Luhan despite that they are husband and wife. Luhan is rarely at home because he usually went out with his friends and played with girls a lot. His friend had no idea that he’s married. Luhan kept that as a secret although his friends would tell their secrets to each other and they promised that they won’t hide anything. Luhan felt guilty but he didn’t want to lose his friendship as well so he hid it.

          They also stayed in separate bedrooms and whenever they came across to each other, they just stopped and looked at each other. Seohyun will smile and bow to him before walked away without saying anything. They are like a stranger than a married couple. Somehow, Seohyun presence interested him. Luhan wondered what is so special with Seohyun that his parents paid a lot of attention to her more than him; their own son. Even the butlers tried very hard to grab her attention. There were the times that he felt jealous that those butlers are comfortable with her. Did they forget that he is her husband?

          There’s one night where the storm raging outside cause Seohyun felt scared and she couldn’t sleep because of it. She screamed after she heard another thunder crashed along with the lightning flashing that night. She heard a knock on her door from the outside but she was too scared to open it. She screamed once again and the door was opened by Luhan with worried face. “What’s going on?” He sat on the edge of her bed while putting his hands on her shoulder. “I’m scared.” She covered her ears when the thunder came. Luhan looked at her window, apparently, her window was covered with a see through curtain. “Come to my room.” He pulled her and dragged her to his room. His room is big and it has a bathroom. His window was covered with a thick curtain and it’s really dark.

          Luhan let her sleep on his bed which is surprising because Luhan doesn’t like if anyone sit on his bed let it be if someone sleep on it. “I’m scared. Can you hug me? Omma used to do that to me.” She asked him and he didn’t know what to do. Sure he hugged lots of girls before but Seohyun is different but since he is her husband, there is nothing wrong about it, right? Luhan hugged her and he felt good because he felt like he’s protecting her. That’s their first time they slept together. The next morning, Luhan realized that Seohyun was not by his side. He encountered her while he went out from his room and as usual they just looked at each other and Seohyun quickly walked away with a blush on her cheeks. He found her cute that way. Seohyun started to blush whenever they met and even avoid looking at him. Meanwhile, Luhan had been staring at her a lot these days. He knew that he is already fall in love with her but he didn’t want to confess because he’s not sure if she feels the same.


          After about 7 months later, Mr. Lu told them that Seohyun's house had been renovated. They can move out from this mansion and stay together. Luhan disagreed at first but when Mrs. Lu told him that Seohyun will live alone if he didn’t go, he finally agreed. After thinking for a while, Luhan thought it’s a good idea after all. He doesn’t have to be jealous because the butlers weren’t there. He could grab her attention when they were together alone.

          Seohyun loves everything about this house. She admires almost everything; the decoration, the paint, the kitchen and everything. Both of them went inside of the room but Seohyun frowned when there’s only a bed in this house. Luhan who noticed her was disappointed with her reaction. It looks like she doesn’t want to sleep with him. He asked his mother if there’s any bed placed in this house. “You two should sleep together since you are husband and wife. Why would you want to sleep in separate rooms?” Mrs. Lu questioned him. “I want you to sleep together. No one shall sleep on the floor or on the sofa, understand?” She reminded them strictly. They did sleep together but not exactly together. They put a bolster in the middle to separate them but they often end up hugging each other and the bolster kept fall from the bed due to Luhan extreme sleeping position and both thought they were hugging the bolster. Day by day, they started to fall with each other but afraid to confess because they thought it’s one-sided love.


          Mrs. Lu asked Seohyun to go to a shopping complex to buy some clothes for her. She asked Amber, the tomboy servant to keep her company because Mrs. Lu couldn’t go with her. She gave Amber her credit card and told her to buy everything that Seohyun wants. Amber can be considered as a multi-tasked servant because of her tomboy looks. She can do everything that both maid and butler would do.

          Seohyun stopped by at the boutique and looked for a dress. She doesn’t know which dress suits her as she is not into fashion. She likes to wear a simple dress or shirt because that is what made her felt comfortable while wearing it. She asked Amber’s help, “Amber-shi, I don’t know what I should buy. I’m not into these fancy dresses. Can you help me?” Amber went to her and observed her up and down. Then, she picked some dresses and gave it to her to try it on. Seohyun went inside to the fitting room and tried to wear it one by one. She walked out with wearing a white strapless lace short dress and Amber stunned with her jaw dropped. She was so beautiful. She’s like an angel. It would be perfect if there’s a pair of wings on her back.

          “You look amazing!” Amber shouted making Seohyun faked her smile. She didn’t like this dress at all. It was too short and strapless. It felt like she was wrapped herself with a towel. “We should buy this. Change your dress now.” Amber pushed her inside to the fitting room happily. Seohyun sighed when Amber paid that short dress. She’s not used to wear that and she wondered when she is going to wear that.

          “I’m sure Madam Lu would love to see you wearing that. I mean, you look so beautiful. Even without makeup, you already look beautiful. I’m sure a lot of boys will fall in love with you but it’s a pity that you’re married with our Young Master.” Amber muttered sadly at her last words. “Why?” Seohyun was curious about that. It seems like she didn’t like the fact the she’s married to Luhan. “Our Young Master is a playboy. He’s really rude and stubborn. I’m afraid that he will hurt you. I’m very disappointed for a guy like him married to someone like you. It’s not fair.” Seohyun slightly hurt when she heard that Luhan is a playboy. Guess she finally found her answer. He will never like her and she knew that this will hurt her.

          “Let’s grab some food. I’m hungry.” Amber dragged her to the food court and asked her to buy anything that she wants. Seohyun was about to choose a food when she heard someone calling a very familiar name. “Luhan oppa, please buy this for me! Please!” Seohyun and Amber turned to their left and saw Luhan with a girl bought some food. Luhan smiled at her and nodded while paying for the food. That girl was happy and she kissed on his lips oblivious that his wife was watching them with hurt. Seohyun clenched into a fist and she felt like she wanted to cry at that moment. Luhan noticed that someone was looking at them and turned. He was shock that Seohyun and Amber were looking at him with a sad and mad expression. The girl quickly dragged him and he went to his seat and ate the food with that girl. “I want to go home now.” Seohyun walked away sadly.


          Luhan went back home and the first thing he asked his parents are about Seohyun. “She went back home right after she came back from shopping. We asked Kibum to send her home but she insisted that she wanted to walk alone. She looks so sad today. I asked Amber if anything happened but she said she’s just tired. Weird, isn’t it? If she is tired, why is she wanted to walk home?” Mrs. Lu told him. Luhan gulped when his mother asked Amber what happened. He hoped that she didn’t say anything about what happened at the food court earlier. “I will go home now.” Luhan wanted to explain everything to her so that she won’t misunderstand and perhaps some confession would help him but he is scared that she would reject him.

          He came across with Amber and she sighed while bowed to him and walked away. “Amber, did you say anything to my parents about what happened?” Amber looked at him blankly, “No, I didn’t but who knows.” She turned but Luhan pulled her to face him. “Don’t you dare to tell them anything or you’ll be fired!” Luhan threatened her. “If you want to fire me, do it now because I’m going to be rude to you right now.” Amber was intimidated with him but she didn’t want him to hurt Seohyun. “If you are going to hurt Seohyun, I won’t forgive you. You don’t deserve her at all. She should be married with someone who loves her, who will protect her, who always by her side not a playboy and a cheater who kissed other girl in front of his wife.” Amber yelled at him as she couldn’t take it anymore. She’s ready for the ‘you-are-fired’ words from his mouth. However, Luhan just left her alone and went back home.

          Luhan entered the house and found Seohyun in the kitchen while preparing some food. “Oh, you’re back? I cooked something. Do you want to eat?” Seohyun asked him casually like nothing happened. Both of them didn’t mutter anything while they were eating. Seohyun is done and went to the kitchen. “I’m going to the room now.” She said with a bitter smile leaving him alone in the dining room. Luhan felt guilty for some reason. He wanted to confess his love to her but after what happened earlier, it's hard to tell.

          Luhan was about to open the door of their bedroom when he heard a sobbing from the inside. “Joohyun, stop it! He doesn’t love you. Don’t you dare to fall in love with him!” Seohyun said in front of the mirror as she’s like talking to herself. Luhan surprised when heard that. So she likes him too? His heart was fluttered but her sobbing made him felt bad. “But I fell in love with him. Deeply fell in love with him. I love him so much. Will he realizes my love for him? He will when I die!” Luhan chuckled to that from outside.

          He quietly opened the door and Seohyun surprised that he came and quickly wiped her tears. “It’s just a dust that entered my eyes.” He scoffed at her lame excuse. “I didn’t ask anything, did I?” Seohyun felt embarrassed and walked towards her side of the bed. Luhan pulled her arm and faced her. He was looking at her deeply into her eyes. Her eyes are beautiful. It sparkles despite that she’s crying just now. Luhan stepped forward making Seohyun stepped backward and it continues until Seohyun’s back reached the wardrobe. He placed his palms against the wardrobe totally trapping her while looking at her eyes.

          He leaned his face closer to hers. Seohyun closed her eyes and scrunched her face. Luhan smirked and kissed her forehead. Seohyun was shock with his action. She opened her eyes slowly with a bewildered face. “I heard your confession just now.” She blushed and avoids his eyes but he cupped her face to face him. “Do you love me? Please answer me honestly. I need to know.” He asked her in gentle tone and she slowly nodded as a respond to his question but she didn’t look at him. “I love you too.” His words made Seohyun looked at him with wide eyes. Clearly, she was shocked about that. Is he for real? If he did fell in love with her why did he kiss other girl?

          “I’m sorry about today. For your information, I’m a playboy but I will stop now for you because I love you. I promise! I will be with you forever until we die. Please accept me.” He prayed that she didn’t think that he was joking. He is serious right now. “I know that you are a playboy. Amber told me.” Damn! Luhan cursed at Amber in his head and now she’s going to reject him. “I hope that you can keep that promise and I’m the only one that you love. Let’s love together until we die. Let's start our life again from the beginning.” Luhan felt glad that she didn’t reject him. Both of them smiled at each other and Luhan crashed her lips and kissed her. Seohyun was shock because that was her first kiss and he kissed her out of blue. She didn’t know what she should do. Both of them were happy with their confession.


          Sehun couldn’t stop crying as he didn’t want to go to the kindergarten. It looks like he still scared with the ghost stories that Taemin and Jongin created. “I don’t want to go! I don’t want to go!” Sehun cried out, didn’t want to let go from his mother’s hold. Luhan tried to pull him but he was so strong. This is the first time Sehun cried so badly. Usually, he will be the first one to run and disappeared from their sight when there’s something that curious him. Taemin and Jongin just watched them from their class’s window.

          Miss Yoo Soo Young, the teacher from the kindergarten came to them and offered some help. Luhan gave the crying Sehun to Miss Yoo and told him that his grandparents will pick him up by noon. Miss Yoo carried Sehun to the class and asked him to find a seat. Sehun stopped crying but he didn’t move from his spot. There are a lot of kids there. Although he knew some of them, he’s not that close with them. He always befriend with someone who is older than him because he felt like he’s a grownup boy when he friends with a hyung.

          “Hi, I’m Jung Da Eun. You must be Sehun, right?” A young girl asked him and dragged him without waiting for his reply. “Here, you can sit with me.” She pushed his body to sit on his chair. “Let’s be friends.” She offered a handshake. Sehun shook her hand and they smiled at each other. What Sehun didn’t know, Taemin and Jongin had been watching him at the back door of Sehun’s class. It’s their responsible to look after their brother. “Wow! Sehun has a female friend on the first day when he comes here.” Taemin is amazed and slightly jealous with him. “What about us?” Jongin asked his other half. “We stick together because you didn’t want to separate with me.”

          “You’re my only friend that time.” Jongin reminded him. “We’re twins!” Taemin replied to him. “No, we’re not.” Jongin denied about it. Appa told us that we’re coming from different place.” Jongin said it proudly. “And appa told us that he was waiting for me only but you came out of nowhere.” Jongin gasped at Taemin statement. “I hate you, mushroom head!” Jongin stomped off to his classroom. “I hate you too, golden boy.” Taemin followed him.


          After 7 years, Luhan and Seohyun have 3 sons. Taemin and Jongin are fraternal twins despite that their faces do look alike but it’s easy to know who is who. Taemin has a fair skin and often seen in mushroom hair. He looked like a feminine compared to Jongin who is 5 minutes younger than him. Despite that he is younger than Taemin, Jongin looks is more mature and he has a boy’s haircut. Jongin has a tanned skin so it’s easy to identify both of them when they were baby. Personality wise, Taemin is more to his father’s playful side and feminine looks while Jongin is more to his mother’s serious side and very smart too.

          Sehun on the other hand, has both of his parents’ side. His look is a mix and match from his parents. His personality is the same thing. He doesn’t like to stay still and always missing from his family. He will stay still for 3 seconds. He is playful when he ran away just like that but at the same he’s smart for leaving them without knowing in a blink of eyes.

          Luhan and Seohyun described the twins as ‘special’ especially to Jongin because they had no idea that they will get a twins. Meanwhile, Sehun is described as ‘miracle’ because he was born prematurely and the chances of him to be alive were low. When Seohyun was pregnant with Sehun, Luhan hated on Sehun a lot even after he was born but he started to love him when Sehun saved Seohyun’s life. That’s why they gave a lot of attention to Sehun.


~6 years ago~

          17-years-old Seohyun was on her 9th month of pregnancy and her belly was big and she felt tired for carrying this baby. During her pregnancy, she stayed at the Lu’s mansion so that her in-laws will look after her during her pregnancy and her school gave her a few months off for her pregnancy. She was tutored by a teacher from her school so that she won’t miss her lesson.

          She was reading a magazine about how to become a mother when Luhan entered the room after he came back from school. “I thought that you’re going out with your friends.” Luhan told her that he will back late because he’s going out with his friends. “We did.” He kissed her and rubbed her belly before he kissed it. He went into the bathroom to take a shower and came out after a few minutes. “Have you eaten?” He asked her while wearing his shirt. “No, I haven’t. I want to eat with you.” Luhan smiled and kissed her crown. He helped her to get off from the bed and walked slowly with his support. Suddenly, Seohyun fell on the floor and Luhan panicked and kneeled in front of her. “Joohyun, are you okay?”

          “Oppa.” Seohyun muttered softly. Luhan noticed that blood was dripping at her ankle. He quickly called his parents loudly and they came to their room. They were shocked and took her in their car and drove to Pyeonghwa Hospital.

          Seohyun was taken to the labor room and they allowed Luhan to be with Seohyun. Luhan held Seohyun’s hand and flinched when she held tightly. He felt like his finger will snap now. Seohyun couldn’t stop screaming and he was hurt whenever he heard her screaming in pain. He wanted to take some of the pain from her so that she would feel better. “Okay Seohyun, take a deep breath. Now, push!” Dr. Zhang Li Yin instructed her. Seohyun pushed with all out and tried to catch her breath. Beads of sweats were formed on her forehead and her face become red due to her strain.

          “You can do this, Joohyun. Just push harder, okay!” He wanted this to end very fast because he didn’t want to hear her screaming anymore. “One more time!” Seohyun pushed once again along with her hard screaming. A baby crying sound was heard and filled the whole room. “Congratulation, it’s a boy!” Dr. Zhang announced to them. The nurses quickly cleaned the baby and weighed him before wrapped him with a blanket. Luhan was happy that their son was born. “We are parents now.” Luhan told Seohyun happily but her face changed and she held Luhan’s hand tightly before screaming once again.

          Luhan flinched and groaned in pain. What’s wrong with her? The nurse called the doctor after she spotted something. “Dr, isn’t that a head?” Dr. Zhang took a look between her legs, “Hold on, there’s another one.” Dr. Zhang’s words made Luhan dumbfounded. What does she meant another one? Seohyun pushed again and again along with her never-ending screaming. Luhan didn’t react at anything despite that Seohyun held his hand tightly because he was deeply in thought with the doctor’s words.

          Another baby crying sound was heard and this time is even louder because there are two babies in one room. “Congratulation, it’s a boy again.” Dr. Zhang congratulated him, “And it’s a twins.” Luhan wanted to ask her something but his words couldn’t come out. “How? We have one baby.” He startled when he wanted to ask her. What he wanted to ask is how did it happen? Seohyun did a checkup every months and she confirmed that Seohyun is pregnant with a baby boy. “I must have missed out when she did the screening. They are fraternal twins. You must be pretty strong, Luhan.” Luhan felt embarrassed when she said that. He looked at Seohyun but she passed out. She must be tired from all the constant screaming and pushing.


          Seohyun was sent to the ward. Luhan told his parents about the twins and they were shock as well but glad that both of them are boys because they had bought lots of baby boy stuffs for their first grandsons. They played with the babies while waiting Seohyun to wake up.

          Seohyun opened her eyes slowly and Mr. Lu helped her to sit. Luhan showed the first-born twins to Seohyun and she took him carefully. The baby smiled when he was in Seohyun’s arms. “He’s so cute. He looks like you” Seohyun whispered to Luhan and he smiled in content. “Don’t forget his little brother as well.” Mrs. Lu reminded her about the other baby. Seohyun turned and raised her eyebrow while looking at the baby that was on her mother-in-law’s arms. “Whose baby is this?” All of them chuckled at Seohyun. “It’s our baby. Don’t you remember?” Luhan told her as she forgot that she gave birth to the twins. Seohyun recalled what happened at the labor room, “I gave birth to twins?” Luhan nodded at her and Seohyun’s expressions changed from confuse to surprise to happy. "We get one and one for free." Both of them were chuckled at his words. “Let’s become good parents to them and raised them together.” Luhan promised to her before kissed the crown of her head.

 

 

 

 


Because I'm too lazy to study so I update instead... Hahaha.. Enjoy!