Chapter 2

Rainbow Sprinkles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been three weeks since Chanyeol first started attending his new school and he became popular among the students for the label of being Baekhyun’s victim on his first day in school. Students also learned that he was the son and future heir to the famous Park Electronics Company, which gained him more ‘friends’ than he expected. But aside from the attention he gained, which was so new to him, he wasn’t satisfied because there’s one group of boys who never cared and that one group was where Baekhyun belongs.

He just sat there, in the middle of a long bench where his so-called ‘friends’ joined him for lunch and he doesn’t even have any idea of the names of the other students around the table aside from the three girls he met on his first day. Whenever he was asked, he would just nod and give a short answer with an almost fake smile.

That one spot in the cafeteria, at the very corner, was where he wanted to be. A group of idiots who doesn’t even give second thoughts to ignore what people were saying about them and enjoy themselves.

On the corner of his eyes, he could tell Baekhyun was telling the group something funny and the others just laughed so hard that one boy was rolling on the floor and the other was hitting his friends with his hands. He finally glanced up to that certain table just in time Baekhyun turned to meet his eyes. He quickly looked away, down to his food and continued eating.

The class started again and like the usual, he would exchange words with Luhan regarding their home works and projects.

Everything seemed to be in a routine for Chanyeol already. Go to school, watch Baekhyun until the teacher arrives, have lunch and still watch Baekhyun, wait for the class to end and watch Baekhyun disappear into his car or into the dance studio.

Sure, he had little interactions with the pretty boy like greeting each other in the hallway and chat a little when Baekhyun comes over to their seat to talk to Luhan. But that was it and somehow, Chanyeol felt contented.

He learned that Baekhyun was never dull, except that very memorable first day, and it made him think a few times already from where the excessive hyper attitude always comes from. Chanyeol was sure that the pretty boy had some inspiration to look forward to every day like a crush or a girlfriend, or maybe a boyfriend.

Boyfriend. Chanyeol immediately turned his head on the pretty boy’s seatmate, Kai, which he learned the real name as Kim Jongin, son of one of the biggest companies in the country. The two seemed close but Chanyeol thought it wasn’t in an intimate way, which he kept convincing himself about.

After a long time of a boring discussion, the bell finally rang for dismissal and he prepared himself for the usual, expecting Luhan to tap his shoulder and they would exchange goodbyes. What came next was unexpected.

“Lulu!” Baekhyun cooed from the other side of the room, his voice sending shivers down the tall boy’s spine. “You’re coming with me to buy it, right?” He asked cutely as he approached Luhan’s seat. “Hi, Chanyeol!”

The tall boy looked up awkwardly towards the pretty boy and still managed to smile back.

“Of course, Baek.” The Chinese boy answered as he stood up, tapping Chanyeol’s shoulder. “See you tomorrow, Chanyeol!”

“Bye, Chanyeol!”

With that, the two shorter boys disappeared into the doorway along with their friends and it took Chanyeol a few seconds to recover at the new event that was out of routine. As soon as he stood up, his phone came ringing and it was sister calling him. “Yes, noona?”

“Oh dear, Chanyeol! Can you do noona a favor? Are you dismissed already?”

“Yes, noona. The class just ended and I’ll do whatever you like because I love my noona.” He chuckled as he exited the room.

“Thank you, big boy. Can you buy noona eyeliner before you head home? I lost mine, I think and I can’t find it. I have to attend a party in a couple of hours so, please, baby brother?”

“Sure, noona! What brand would you like?”

“Just ask the clerk. They always know what’s best. Thank you and I love you!”

“See you later, noona.” After he hung up, he didn’t waste time loitering around and he knew he had to get his sister eyeliner before the party and knowing her, he knew it takes her more than an hour to prepare. But before that, he went to the restroom to take his contact lenses off, wash his face, brush his hair up casually and wear his eyeglasses. He smiled at the comfort he felt headed out the gates where his car was waiting to pick him up.

“Is there anywhere you would like to go, Mr. Park?” His driver asked as he got in the car.

“Yes, to the mall, please.”

It took them ten minutes to get there and it took him five minutes to locate popular cosmetics shop. It wasn’t his first time entering such shop but the last time he did, it was during his elementary days and his sister brought him along.

He stood in front of the shelf where eyeliners were located and all the other clerks were busy because it was unusually crowded, or so he thought. There were people trying out eyeliners and he was scared to disturb them and make a mess on their eyelids.

He made a face as he picked up one pencil of each brand, having no idea what to choose. What’s the difference anyway?

“Lancome Le Stylo is good.” Someone said behind him and Chanyeol’s eyes immediately searched for the said brand. “For someone?”

“Yeah.” He answered and smiled when he found what he was looking for. “Aha! Thank you, mister…” He trailed off, turning to see his savior bending to level a mirror while putting on eyeliner. “…Baekhyun?” He unconsciously asked, trying to find the figure familiar along with the uniform.

“Hey, Chanyeol!” Luhan popped out from the shelf with a set of different cosmetics in his hand. “Whoah, you look… good.”

Chanyeol shook his head and snorted. “Thanks, but no sarcasm needed. I just take this off when I go to school.” He pointed at his eyeglasses. “I think contact lenses are better but I am more comfort—able with… you’re super pretty.” He dreamily sighed when Baekhyun turned to him with pretty looking eyeliners.

Baekhyun was surprised as well not because he saw Chanyeol but because it was Chanyeol with glasses and hair brushed up ily. Hearing the tall boy’s compliment, he uncontrollably blushed and he could hear Luhan giggling next to him while he was having a serious eye-to-eye contact with Chanyeol.

“I told you you’ll be surprised to see him with eyeliners.” Luhan chirped, leaning closer to his friend’s ear. “He always says you’re pretty.”

Feeling awkward, Chanyeol managed to look away and gave them a bow. “Thank you for this.” He meekly smiled and raised the eyeliner in his hand. “I have to go now. My sister needs this.” He turned, accidentally bumping into the shelf, making it shake a little. “.” He muttered and headed to the counter.

 

 

“Goodness, Chanyeol, this is really good! That clerk must have a great taste for eyeliners!” His sister said, looking at herself in the mirror with different angles after she applied the eyeliner.

“Noona, it was actually my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter