Chapter 6

Rainbow Sprinkles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first time Chanyeol ever thought of using the expression T.G.I.F. It had been a long, stressful week for him, avoiding Baekhyun as much as he can and he never replied to any message or answered any call from the pretty boy.

Nothing was out of usual for them. He still bakes cupcakes when he feels like doing it and he lets the others argue over the cupcake that was supposed to be Baekhyun’s every time.

He did things slowly to make a subtle excuse for arriving in school just in time the bell rings because he thought, though a little impossible, that Baekhyun would come over to him and talk to him. What was there to talk about?

Even with the positive vibes he was trying to make, he didn’t feel like putting on his contact lenses and just grabbed his eyeglasses from his drawer before leaving his house. He glanced at his wrist watch and unfortunately, he still had more time to spare when he arrives in school which was too long for his liking. He dropped by a café and bought a cup of coffee, even treating his driver with one cup and a couple of donuts.

“Mr. Kwon, have you been in love?” He suddenly asked as he settled down in his seat at the back, watching his driver place his treats on the food tray.

The driver let out a chuckle and turned to him with a casual smile. “I wouldn’t be married if I’m not in love with my wife.”

Chanyeol let out a soft snort to himself, realizing his stupid question. “Yeah.”

Mr. Kwon was in his mid-thirties but he was sociable and kind and he had been Chanyeol’s driver for six years.  The boy likes him and he was comfortable to be with and to say that their relationship was good was an understatement. He was like the boy’s second father.

“Is it about that boy you ignored a few days ago? He looks pretty for a boy.”

The boy frowned and took a sip on his coffee. “Yeah but the problem is, we’ve been on a date like a couple of times. Sunday and Monday but he’s dating other guys! Does it make sense?”

“You’re not his boyfriend to get upset.”

“That’s another problem.”

“Kid, don’t let it get into you. If he likes you, he will tell you.”

“But I’m still hoping he will.”

 

 

It was just in time when Chanyeol stepped in their classroom when the bell rang, a sigh of relief escaped his lips. He didn’t have to worry about the possibility of having an awkward encounter with the pretty boy, whom he noticed was looking at him with a desperate look. Maybe he wants to talk to me that bad, he thought.

He shook the thought off his head and went to his seat next to the tired-looking Chinese boy. “Hey, what’s up with you?”

Luhan looked at him, almost whining. “Blame that diva over there. He didn’t stop talking the whole night over the phone until 2 in the morning.” The Chinese boy pointed a finger at Baekhyun’s direction.

“Ah.” He muttered, trying to sound unaffected as he sat down. He didn’t really care.

“What’s with the eyeglasses?”

“I woke up late and didn’t have enough time to put on my lenses.” He lied but by the way Luhan nodded, he sounded believable.

“You were almost late.”

“Yeah.”

“Not all people look good in glasses but you really nailed it.” Luhan commented. “You look good.”

A blush crept uncontrollably into his cheeks at the compliment. “I never really heard someone tell me that I look good with my glasses on.” He meekly smiled, thanking the teacher for arriving at his embarrassing state and taking the students’ attention.

During the break, Chanyeol excused himself from joining his friends and went to the nurse’s office to comply with the medical requirements he needed because his sister didn’t really had a chance to because of his sudden transfer into the school. He also took his snacks in the office which the nurse suggested and he didn’t mind either. At least he didn’t have to worry about facing Baekhyun.

Lunch came and as usual for that week, Baekhyun rushed out of the room in a hurry while Chanyeol and the rest of the group headed to the cafeteria. In the middle of their meal, Chanyeol decided to share his cupcakes, waiting for the interesting part to come where his friends would fight over Baekhyun’s piece and mentally voting for Jongin to take the cupcake.

The boys suddenly stopped arguing and groaned as they went back on their meals. With someone sitting next to him, he realized the reason why they stopped fighting over the cupcake simply because the owner arrived and no one messes with Baekhyun’s property, ever.

“Hey, you brought cupcakes!” Baekhyun squealed as he laid down his tray of lunch on the table.

Sehun pointed his chopsticks towards the pretty boy. “You didn’t have the chance to eat the one when he brought something with our names on it.”

“It was really good.” Yifan commented with a thumb up. “But Sehun ate yours.”

Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol with a little regret for missing it. “Really?”

Instead of answering, Chanyeol stood up and brought his bag and tray with him, throwing his unfinished food into the trash can and disappeared into the hallway.

He knew he was being immature and unreasonable but he can’t help it. He was still upset and he just doesn’t want to talk to the other boy.

 

 

Baekhyun approached him after dismissal and he tried to ignore the shorter boy but the other just wouldn’t stop asking him what was wrong. He still never said a word until he felt the other grab his sleeve with a force. “What do you want?” He calmly asked, trying not to sound rude.

“Look, we need to talk.”

“There’s nothing to talk about.”

“You’re ignorin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter