Chapter 13

Rainbow Sprinkles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol missed him.

He missed his one and only sweet bundle of endless positive energy. His whole week without his boyfriend. There were no cheesy call names and cute mood swings to deal with. But late night messages weren’t so bad.

It was Friday night and he was sure Baekhyun was still with his family, having dinner and chat all night while he just sat on the bar stool next to the kitchen’s island counter with a thick recipe book. Baekhyun haven’t said anything about going back on weekend but Chanyeol wanted to prepare something for the next day, which happened to be their first month celebration.

He knew it would to think that they won’t be able to celebrate it together. He was still hoping his boyfriend could make it back at least even tomorrow night for a simple dinner.

His phone that was resting next to the book lit up with a patterned vibration and Baekhyun’s contact name flashed with a matching cute photo of the pretty boy smiling and making a peace sign. Chanyeol stared for a few more seconds with a smile slowly forming on his lips before answering the call.

“Is my Channie busy?” Baekhyun asked on the other line, ending with a rough cough.

“I was just browsing through a recipe book,” Chanyeol answered, smile disappearing in an instant. “Did you catch a cold?”

“I think so,” the other whimpered. “I miss you, Channie.”

“I miss you too, Baek. Did you take a medicine for that?”

“Not yet.”

“Go and take it now before it gets worse.”

“Okay, boss!”

Chanyeol chuckled and he could imagine the other boy rolling his eyes.

“Don’t hang up on me. I’ll just take a minute and I’ll be back right away.”

“Okay, I’ll wait.” He could hear shuffling noise and a door opening, assuming that Baekhyun went out to do as he said. All the while, he kept the phone stuck to his ear. He heard the door close and another shuffling noise came before Baekhyun groaned on the phone.

“Happy now, Channie?”

“Yes, sweet bum,” he chuckled once again.

“I’m tired. We just got home a while ago.” Baekhyun made another shuffling noise and Chanyeol waited for it to stop but it took longer than expected.

“Baek?”

There was no answer.

“Baekhyun, what are you doing there?”

It still took a while before the other boy responded and the shuffling noise finally stopped. “I was changing my clothes.”

Chanyeol hummed, looking down on the current recipe that the book was showing him. “Then we can go out tomorrow?”

“Of course!” Baekhyun answered with enthusiasm. “It’s our first month together and I can’t wait for it! It’s going to be my first ever first month celebration with my boyfriend.” He sighed. “I can’t really imagine myself celebrating it with my ex-boyfriends.”

Chanyeol couldn’t help a proud smile creeping into his lips. “But you can imagine it with me.”

“Absolutely,” Baekhyun giggled. “You’re the best boyfriend I could ask for. Am I the same for you?”

“There’s no need for you to ask me that because I’m a hundred percent sure that there’s no one else better than you.”

“Channie,” Baekhyun cooed, making smooching sounds over the line. “I can’t wait to see you!”

“I can’t wait to see you too, Baek,” he smiled. “I’m planning to make something for tomorrow. What do you want?”

“Cake with our names on it and full of rainbow sprinkles!” Baekhyun started squealing and all Chanyeol could do was imagine how the other looked like. Probably lying in bed, rolling from side to side while hugging a pillow. The squealing died down slowly, a sign that Baekhyun might have been reminded of something. “That’s not too much to ask, right? I was just got carried away from the excitement.”

“It’s not too much when it comes from you.”

“Channie, you’re spoiling me! I’ll take advantage of that right now if I can but I can’t think of anything else to ask for.”

Still looking at the recipe book, Chanyeol’s free hand flipped the pages in search of a good cake that might suit their first celebration. “Save them for next time then.”

“I have a better idea for next time, Channie. We could make something together like what we did when I went there in your house for the first time.”

“That would be nice,” he commented.

“Yeol, when you start to bake, don’t hang up.”

“Why not?”

“I’ll accompany you the whole night.”

“Your subscription bill would be expensive. It takes hours to bake, you know.”

“I’m going to sing for you. Live.”

Chanyeol just smiled. “Okay.” He could never reject a singing performance from his boyfriend.

 

 

The next day came and Baekhyun, with his overflowing excitement

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter