Chapter 3

Rainbow Sprinkles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took Baekhyun more than an hour to choose a song and Chanyeol just patiently waited for the final decision while randomly plucking his guitar strings. Both were staying on a guest room because Chanyeol wasn’t the type of person to let anyone enter his room, especially strangers. Baekhyun took the bed, feeling all at home while the taller boy sat on the single couch by the window.

“Where’s my baby brother?”

Both darted their eyes towards the open door where Chanyeol’s sister passed by and stopped when she noticed the open door.

“Chanyeol, I’ve been looking for you.” She cooed, leaning on the doorway. “What are you doing he—Oh. My. God.” Her eyes widened with a hint of excitement when she saw a pretty boy with eyeliners sitting on the bed. “You must be Baekhyun! Oh, my god! My brother couldn’t stop talking about—.”

“Noona!” Chanyeol interrupted, jumping into his feet, making the shorter boy flinch a bit at the sudden action. “We’re hungry.”

“I’m just here to tell you I’m throwing a party here tonight, not to be of your service.” His sister said, crossing her arms on her chest. “Since your friend is here, he could stay over if he wants to. I’m sure someone’s going to be so happy here.”

“We’re just here to practice for our project.”

“I don’t mind.” Baekhyun butted in. “I’m actually a party person.”

Chanyeol’s sister gave them a smile and nodded. “See, Chanyeol, you should ask him first before you assume anything.” She left with a snap of her finger, leaving the boys quiet again.

Baekhyun was the first to break the silence, looking at the tall boy with interest. “I like your sister.”

“What?” Chanyeol unconsciously asked and immediately shook his head when he realized what he just said. “I mean, she’s nice. Everyone likes her. So, uh, would you like to go downstairs to grab something to eat?”

“Sure.”

 

 

“Why is my muffin pan in here?” Chanyeol grumbled and Baekhyun couldn’t understand what big deal there was to see a muffin pan on the island counter.

There were things that Chanyeol hates like people intruding in his bedroom and bland coffees but one thing that he hates the most is to see his precious baking tools outside his personal cabinet in the kitchen where his lovely utensils lay, safe and sound.

He grabbed the muffin pan and checked it in every angle to see if there were any defects. A sigh of relief escaped his lips when it was perfectly fine while the pretty boy just stared at him, confused.

“Are we going to bake?”

“What? No.” Chanyeol absentmindedly answered. “Do you want to?” He only received a shrug in response. It’s his decision that matters anyway.

He glanced up the clock and it was only 4 in the afternoon and they still have time to finish a batch before his sister’s party starts in three hours. “Okay. We still have time.” He said, walking towards his cabinet and gathered the ingredients he needed while the other boy just waited next to the island counter.

Chanyeol walked back and forth, gathering and placing his stuffs on the counter when suddenly a loud squeal filled the room that he almost dropped the bowl he was holding.

“Your sprinkles are so cute! Are these decorations edible?” Baekhyun was drooling over the sight of cute cupcake decorations in front of him.

The tall boy meekly smiled and carefully placed the bowl on the counter. “Yes. Anything you would like to request?”

The pretty boy looked up from the colorful sight to the tall boy, hesitating to speak up. “Uh, can we make red velvet?” A smile appeared on his lips when the other nodded. “Great!”

The tall boy looked for his apron and searched for an extra for the other to use. “Here.” He handed Baekhyun another apron while he wore his, oblivious to the stare he was receiving from the shorter boy.

 

 

While waiting for cupcakes to cool down, both had a snack of chips and soda and Chanyeol took the chance to ask Baekhyun to choose the toppings he liked. Once again, Chanyeol waited for a long time for the other to pick out the toppings and Baekhyun finally came to a decision just in time the cupcakes had cooled down.

“Star-shaped white chocolate and red pearl sprinkles?” Chanyeol asked in disbelief that the other took a lot of time for it.

Baekhyun nodded and sighed. “You see, I really want these rainbow sprinkles,” he explained, raising the container for the said colorful sprinkles, “but I think it won’t look nice on red velvet.”

He let out a soft chuckle and started piping frosting on top of the cupcakes while the shorter boy with his chosen decorations.

“Perfect!” Baekhyun exclaimed as soon as they were done and picked up one cupcake while his other hand fished his phone out from his pocket. “I’m going to send this to those jerks.” He took a picture and placed a caption of MY FIRST CUPCAKE before sending it to his friends.

Chanyeol watched all the while, admiring the pretty boy’s face of happiness until his sister came to distract him.

“Oh, you made cupcakes for the party?” His sister looked at him with a hopeful smile.

It wasn’t like they could finish twenty four cupcakes so he nodded. “But I’ll take four for Baekhyun to bring home.”

“Really?” Baekhyun’s expression lit up even more at his statement. “Are you serious? Just for me?”

He nodded and smiled meekly. He could see his sister with a playful smile as he moved to take out a cupcake box from his cabinet.

“You’re so sweet, Chanyeol. Thank you.” Baekhyun added, sending him a flushed face and followed by his sister clearing .

When he looked back, he found his sister whispering something on the boy’s ear and he got even more curious when Baekhyun chuckled with sparkling eyes and everything seemed to be in slow motion. Not until the doorbell rang for the first visitor and her sister left, skipping her way out of the kitchen.

He wasn’t sure but he thought Baekhyun was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter