Chapter 8

Rainbow Sprinkles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun being all grumpy every morning when he arrives in class and Luhan couldn’t give him any answer for it. It was new for them and Baekhyun’s bright aura only comes when Chanyeol does things he wants and it would go on for the rest of the day.

“Maybe he always wants to start his day with you,” Luhan whispered, eyes focused on the board.

Chanyeol glanced at the Chinese boy with a confused look before whispering back. “But it only started the day I returned in school. It doesn’t make sense.”

“Ah, let’s talk about it later.”

He nodded and tried to focus but on the corner of his sight, he could see Baekhyun looking at him. Turning his head, he realized Baekhyun wasn’t just looking at him but he was glaring. It was weird. Baekhyun never looked at him like he killed someone except for those monthly periods which he understood why but that moment, he never knew the reason why.

He shrugged it off and tried to focus on the class discussion.

When their break came, Luhan immediately excused himself to go to the faculty. He looked up to see Baekhyun standing next to his desk with the same, deadly glare.

“What were you whispering about with Luhan?”

Chanyeol just looked at the shorter boy, almost smiling at realizing the reason behind the look. He sighed reaching a hand towards Baekhyun’s and pulled the other to sit on top of his desk. “We were just talking about why you’re always grumpy in the morning. You know, I have counted the total school days and it’s been five days already.”

“What is it to you and why does it matter?” The pretty boy pouted, expression changing at a second. “Do you care about me?”

“Of course, I do and that’s why I want to know why you’re like that.”

Baekhyun avoided his gaze, eyes searching for an answer and ignoring the disgusted looks from their classmates. “It’s nothing. I just wake up on the wrong side of the bed.”

“For five days? You’re not like that when we go out on weekends.”

“Yeol, I’m hungry.”

The sudden change in topic made him even more curious and he knew he wasn’t convinced by the other’s answer. He didn’t want to push the other and let it slip away. “I made cookies for you.”

A beam crept into the shorter boy’s lips and Chanyeol never get tired of seeing it, giving him more reasons to do something nice for the other.

“Did I hear cookies?” Jongin popped out by the window with Sehun and Yifan, munching their foods and holding bags of chips.

“Yeah, but there’s none for you.” Baekhyun stuck his tongue towards them.

“Let’s go for a hunt, guys,” Yifan said, earning looks from the other.

“Hunt for what?” Sehun inquired, stuffing his mouth with chips.

“For a potential boyfriend who can bake.”

Sehun and Jongin exchanged looks and the tanned boy shrugged his shoulders. “That sounds like a good idea,” he said and turned to Chanyeol. “Why can’t we just ask Chanyeol to be our boyfriend?”

“ off!” Baekhyun hissed, attempting to throw Luhan’s pencil case which was resting on top of the Chinese boy’s desk and the trio immediately scrammed.

Chanyeol just smiled to himself, liking the fact that Baekhyun’s acting like a possessive boyfriend but then, they aren’t a couple yet. He doesn’t mind because they’re actually acting like real boyfriends.

The shorter boy tossed the pencil case back on the desk with a sigh. “I’m not sure why I’m friends with those idiots, especially that spoiled, burnt brat.”

“Then why are we friends?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun reached out for the pencil case once again. “Wait, forget that I asked that.”

The pretty boy pouted. “Where are my cookies?”

 

 

Chanyeol was completely satisfied of the things between him and Baekhyun, except for the unknown reason behind the morning grumpiness which he still tried to discover the real reason why.

Baekhyun would drag him into the restroom near the science laboratory and make-out in one of the stalls. His first make-out was nice and fortunately, wasn’t awkward like he expected. He realized it was much better than just innocent kisses he used to share with the shorter boy especially that he discovered how their lips seemed to be perfect for each other’s.

They would pull away before anything gets out of hand and they would be giggling like teenagers for a while before heading out.

But this time was different. Just when he thought Baekhyun was pulling away, the shorter boy moved down to his neck, leaving trails of butterfly kisses and before he knew it, his tie fell on the floor and his first three buttons were undone, giving the other more access. He just stood there, stiff and unsure of what to do as he recovered from the sudden actions.

He felt something warm and wet run across his collarbone and all he could think of what the fact that Baekhyun was trying to leave a mark on him. By the time he found the courage to ask the other to stop, the shorter boy was almost done nipping on his skin and Baekhyun pulled away with a satisfied hum, looking up at him with a smile. It wasn’t at all.

He received a peck on the lips before the pretty bent down to pick up his tie and he released the breath he never knew he was holding. Silently, he let the other fix his uniform and receiving another peck afterwards.

“You should join the dance club so we can still be together even after school,” Baekhyun suggested, more like pleading with his hopeful smile with both hands clutching on the hem of the tall boy’s school blazers.

However, he liked how the idea sounded to him. “How do I join?”

“I’ll do the talk for you.”

Both went out of the restroom hand in hand and headed towards the practice room where Baekhyun should have been ten minutes ago.

“Mr. Lee, I have a new recruit!” Baekhyun announced as soon as they entered the practice room and the teacher looked at them, first at the shorter boy and then at Chanyeol. “He’s Park Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol bowed and greeted the teacher, hand still linked with the shorter boy’s.

“Your boyfriend?” Mr. Lee asked with a playful yet expectant smile.

“Not yet, sir,” Baekhyun chirped, earning wooing sounds from their friends, started by Sehun.

Chanyeol blushed a little at the other’s answer. But we’re like one.

 

 

Christmas.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter