Chapter 5

Rainbow Sprinkles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the nth time that evening, Chanyeol kept having an argument with himself whether to call Baekhyun and apologize. He was laying in his bed, staring at the and hoping for enlightenment. He had finally decided and picked up his phone to dial the pretty boy’s number.

“Hey, Chanyeol!”

He was actually surprised to hear the other greet him enthusiastically after a not-so-nice separation after their date. “Hi, Baekhyun.” He could hear someone else from the other line and he was sure it wasn’t Baekhyun. “Are you with someone right now? I don’t want to disturb you.”

“Ah, I’m with Luhan right now and I asked him to stay over since I don’t want to spend the night alone after what we watched in the movie house.” Baekhyun sobbed but Chanyeol could tell that he wasn’t really crying. “Anyway, why did you call?”

“Uh, I just want to apologize for ruining our date.”

“Chill, it’s okay.”

Chanyeol hummed and the other hummed in return, followed by an awkward silence. Come on, think! “I’m still doing my homework, so I’ll just hang up?” Lie. He was done with his home works hours ago.

“Sure. Bye.”

“Bye.” He sighed as he ended the call and rolled to his side. At least Baekhyun’s not upset. That night, he slept with a clear conscience.

 

 

But the next day, he wasn’t sure if everything was fine between him and the pretty boy.  He felt like he was being ignored by Baekhyun the whole morning but he still convinced himself that it was probably just his anxiousness. They don’t really talk a lot even in school.

When lunch time came, Baekhyun quickly disappeared into the doorway and Chanyeol wondered where the other would have gone to. The shorter boy wasn’t there too when they had lunch and it was a first. He took up courage to ask his friends, trying not to make it sound that he was really curious and worried.

Before the others could answer, the said pretty boy sat down in his usual seat which was between Chanyeol and Jongin.

Luhan looked at the boy curiously. “I thought you have a date.”

Date, Chanyeol noted.

“I ditched him.” Baekhyun bluntly replied.

“Chanyeol asked where you have gone to just now.” Luhan stated and Chanyeol pursed his lips tightly and looked away when Baekhyun turned to him, missing the smile from the other’s lips.

And he ditched him.

He couldn’t hide the fact that he was relieved that Baekhyun didn’t enjoy the date with a stranger because his date with the shorter boy didn’t end well either.

 

 

“Baekhyun.” Chanyeol called out behind the boy as they went out of their classroom after the last class in the afternoon when the others already headed towards the practice room.

Baekhyun looked back at him with a smile, slowing down to let the other catch up. “Yeah?”

Eyes looked around and he made sure no one was too near them. “About last night…”

“What about it?”

He glanced at the shorter boy and again avoided his eyes. “Are you sure you’re not upset?”

“And why would I?”

“We didn’t end up really fine after our date.” He suddenly felt a punch on his arm, not too hard and not too soft either. He yelped, turning to the other with a surprised look on his face and his other hand gently soothing his pained arm. “What was that for?”

“For not getting over that .” Baekhyun smiled genuinely at him. “It’s really annoying me.”

“But…”

“How about another date?” The shorter boy wiggled his eyebrows. “So that you can make it up to me.”

YES! ANOTHER DATE FOR ME! “O-Okay. When?”

“I’ll tell you when I’m free?”

Chanyeol didn’t want to assume but it can’t be helped. “You have other dates?” He asked and the other broke into laughter, both of Baekhyun’s hands clinging into his sleeves for support. “What’s funny?”

“You. You are funny!”

He managed to smile an obviously forced one because he wasn’t sure if he should be happy that the other laughed because of him but he had no idea why.

“Do you think I could manage a date after my dance practice?”

“Why not?”

“Hey! Are you dumb? I go home at six in the evening if we have dance practice. Who’s crazy enough to ask me on a date after the sun sets?”

“U

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter