Chapter 16

Rainbow Sprinkles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun made a soft whine when he felt his boyfriend nudging his side but his eyes never left the TV screen in three meters away from them. He couldn’t spare his boyfriend a single glance because the drama on TV was on its peak.

“Baek…”

“Not now, Channie,” he muttered back. “Let me finish this episode.”

They were both cuddled in Chanyeol’s bed, backs leaning against the headboard. Baekhyun had insisted to do something else than going out for a date in a cold morning. Both ended up watching a drama from Chanyeol’s sister’s collection.

The tall boy sighed, taking his arm away and rolled out of the bed. “That’s what you have been telling me five episodes ago.”

“I promise I’ll stop after this episode,” Baekhyun swore for the fifth time, eyes still on the screen.

He just watched, mentally wincing at the male lead character’s lame reason for getting caught cheating by his girlfriend. Just then, the drama’s soundtrack started playing and the credits showed up across the screen.

“Oh,.”

Just before the preview of the next episode, the screen turned black and silence filled the room.

“What the… Yeol!”

Looking up to the tall boy, Baekhyun received no verbal response but a knowing look from the other. He pouted in return, hoping his cuteness would work and just as he expected, Chanyeol tossed the remote control next to him on the bed.

He quickly grabbed the rectangular gadget and just as he was about to turn the TV back on, Chanyeol was out of the room. His hand remained up in the air, pointing across to the television set, as he dumbly stared at the closed door.

Could it be, he made his boyfriend upset?

That’s what he thought.

“Channie?” He called out but came no response.

 

 

“Channie!” He cooed when he spotted his boyfriend down at the kitchen, preparing snacks for them. Again, receiving no response started to make him worry. Sure, Chanyeol always had been the quiet kid but never that quiet. Baekhyun knew it was different because the other didn’t even acknowledge his presence in the room.

Watching the other prepare quietly and walk around the kitchen to gather stuffs, he bit his lower lip, trying to think of something to talk about or at least say something that could lighten up the mood. “I thought you said we’re going out for some foreign cuisine.”

Chanyeol halted on his tracks, looked down on the food he was about to prepare and remained quiet for a few seconds.

“Channie,” Baekhyun softly said, tensing up to see his boyfriend returning the things the other just brought out of the shelves. “B-But if you want we can just stay here since you’re already preparing something… Yeol, are you listening to me?”

The tall boy continued to return his things on their designated places.

“What the hell is your problem? Talk to me, Chanyeol!  Don’t just give me the silent treatment!”

Chanyeol stopped and closed his shelf, turning to his boyfriend with a stern look on his face that Baekhyun had never seen before. It just made Baekhyun confirm that he probably really made the tall boy upset.

“Say something!”

“I’m sorry.”

Baekhyun could only gape in confusion. “You-you’re sorry?”

“For asking you to come over when I could have just asked Kai or Sehun to come over.”

He scoffed at the statement. “And why would you even consider inviting those idiots than you own boyfriend?”

“Because I needed someone to talk to, not someone to watch my sister’s collection and fanboy over a male actor.”

“I… I didn’t know you needed someone to talk to,” he said softly with a hint of guilt in his voice.

“You weren’t listening to me the whole time. I told you twice about it but all I got was ‘Not now’ and ‘Later’ and ‘Let me finish this episode’.”

Baekhyun didn’t say a word but just stared at his boyfriend, letting guilt eat him on the inside.

“Can I talk to you, please?”

 

 

It wasn’t really a talk, but more of Baekhyun listening to his boyfriend’s rants and complaints just about anything. He found it cute.

He had no idea how his boyfriend ended up like that, telling him all his worries from years ago. All his bad experiences and what he felt being bul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter