Chapter 11

Rainbow Sprinkles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Isn’t Baekhyun’s mood swings only last for a day? Chanyeol still doesn’t get it. It took him two hours to get a response from his friends regarding his boyfriend’s weird attitude and as he expected, only Luhan responded.

From: Luhan
He’s doing it again!

Again?

He dialed the Chinese boy’s number and it was answered after the first ring. “What ‘again’?”

“Wow, no greetings and such?” Luhan faked an exaggerated gasp. “Well, good evening to you too!”

“Sorry, but I really need some explanation right now, please,” he begged, sitting up on his bed and leaned back on the headboard.

“That’s okay. What does he do?”

“I think he’s being sensitive? I don’t know what word could describe it but he gets upset over little things that don’t even make sense like how I answered his call and how I smell like ladies’ perfume. I thought his period only lasts for a day.”

“He had been like that before when he saw his boyfriend, who is his ex-boyfriend now, hanging out with another girl. Caught on the act, I should say.”

If there was something else he couldn’t believe, it was how someone could manage to cheat on his now sweet little boyfriend. “He cheated on Baekhyun?”

“No, it turned out to be his ex’s cousin.”

“What did Baekhyun do?”

“He reacted violently, like, literally.” Luhan sighed on the other line. “It was horrible. He kicked his ex’s desk out of the classroom and distorted the locker with a chair. But when he was informed that the girl was his ex’s cousin, he just smiled like nothing happened.”

Imagining the things narrated to him sent shivers down his spine. How can an adorable boy do such thing?

“Are you planning to break up with him now?”

“What? Of course, not! So you mean he’s jealous?”

“Yes, friend, he is. How did you get a ladies’ perfume on you anyway?”

“I don’t know,” he honestly said. “I just went out to buy a new phone and I saw Kai on the way and asked for your numbers. That’s all.”

“How did he know you smell like it?”

“W-Well… we were sort of… kissing?” There was a stupid grin on his face and he was somewhat thankful that nobody could see him that moment.

Luhan laughed, probably knowing what else happened because nobody could smell something just by kissing. “I’m going to give him a call and I’ll give you an update.”

That night, he couldn’t sleep even when Luhan sent him a message saying that Baekhyun was fine and that he could see his boyfriend the next day. He just couldn’t stand having an upset boyfriend.

 

 

After an hour in the shower, Chanyeol finally stepped out of the bathroom. He made sure to get rid of the ladies’ perfume he was never noticed. He sprayed on his perfume and didn’t even bother to put on his contact lenses. Maybe the nerdy look would help him.

Arriving at his boyfriend’s house, he ended face-to-face with the parents in the living room with a box of cupcakes in his lap. He was informed that Baekhyun was still asleep.

“Your name again?” His boyfriend’s father asked and his palms instantly started sweating.

“Park Chanyeol, sir.” He gave the older male a bow.

“As long as I’m aware, nobody really lasted more than a month with my son.  How long have you been dating?”

“21 days,” he answered softly. It wasn’t like he was actually counting the days but he just can’t help taking note of it. He watched the older couple exchange looks and he had no idea what the two could have been thinking.

“You look smart,” the woman commented.

He wasn’t sure if it was meant to be a compliment or a mockery but one thing was for sure. His boyfriend’s parents don’t like him, he thought.

“CHANNIE!” Baekhyun’s loud screeching voice made him flinch on his seat. In less than three seconds, the box of cupcakes disappeared on his lap and was replaced by his boyfriend. “I missed my baby giant,” he cooed, placing a kiss on the cheek.

He gulped loudly at the sudden action because not only the parents don’t like him but also, his boyfriend kissed him in front of the unimpressed older couple.

Baekhyun seemed to notice his discomfort and the shorter boy cupped his face with both hand, making him face his boyfriend’s worried look. “What’s wrong?”

His eyes glanced back at the expressionless couple in front of him before whispering, “Your parents are here.”

“I know, baby boo,” the shorter boy hummed in the end. “My dear parents,” Baekhyun started, wrapping his arms around the tall boy’s neck and faced his parents, “what can you say about my boyfriend?”

“We like him,” Baekhyun’s father smiled and gave them two thumbs up.

“He looks smart like you always wanted for a boyfriend,” Baekhyun’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter