Chapter 1

Rainbow Sprinkles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hallways were cleared out and silence took over the moment Chanyeol stepped out of the principal’s office. His footsteps echoed through the quiet hallway and the buzzing sounds from the classrooms were too soft that it could barely be heard. The feeling he had as he searched for his classroom had no difference from his previous school.

He had been alone in school ever since he started studying and as far as he could remember, nobody ever called him by his name. It had always been odd elf or ferret boy because of his pet that was long gone before he entered high school. He was so used to be alone in everything outside his humble home.

He wasn’t bullied as much as the others, at least not physically because he’s way taller than the others, but weird names didn’t really bother him or maybe he was just so used to it that he didn’t feel anything. Unlike other rich, handsome and smart boys, Chanyeol was popular because of his odd aura.

People say he was too nerdy and weird because he had a pair of glasses on and he always had a box of baked goods to bring in school instead of a lunch box.

But having a new school meant new looks. Instead of eyeglasses and baked goods, he had contact lenses and snapbacks. He, himself, was surprised on how he looked that morning without his eyeglasses and a snapback on his head made him feel like an acceptable, normal high school student for the first time.

He found his classroom at the corner of the hallway and he found out that the class had started already since the students were writing down something on their notebooks. He stopped, took his cap off his head and breathed in some air to relax himself. Be cool, be yourself. He reminded himself. Wait, I was never cool.

He knocked twice on the door and a few seconds later the door opened and the teacher smiled at him as if she had expected him. “Good morning, Mrs. Han.” He bowed and smiled as he straightened himself up. “I’m Park Chanyeol.”

“Yes, I was told you were coming. Come in.” The teacher led him inside and made him stand up in front of the board, facing his classmates. “May I have your attention, please?” When the students looked up from their notebooks, the teacher nodded and continued. “You have a new classmate here. Please introduce yourself to the class.” She told Chanyeol.

He hesitantly bowed but still managed to look casual. “I’m Park Chanyeol, please treat me well.”

“Please take your seat at the back next to Baekhyun.” The teacher pointed at the far end, right corner of the room where a boy was still busy writing something. “Make yourself comfortable.”

Chanyeol nodded and thanked the teacher before heading to the back of the room and before he could even sit down, the discussion continued. Sitting on his chair, his knee suddenly bumped against the desk and the wooden furniture came in contact with his seatmate’s.

The boy sitting next to him, which he clearly noted the name as Baekhyun, stopped writing and turned to him with a glare.

He found out that the other made a mess on his handwriting when their tables nudged and he smiled apologetically. “I’m sorry.” He whispered but he only received a hiss in return. Ouch.

He hooked his bag on the side of his desk and placed his cap inside, taking his pen and notebook out. He also too the chance to look around him and met gazes with the girl next to him, with the aisle between them. He returned the smile that his female classmate gave him before turning his head to observe his seatmate’s face. He’s cute. His eyes landed on the boy’s hand that was busy writing. Pretty hand.

The class went smoothly and it was time for a break but his seatmate continued to scribble down on his notebook.

“Hi, Chanyeol.”

He looked to his side and smiled at girl. “Hi.” He couldn't hide his happiness for being called by his real name.

“I’m Yura.” The girl said, offering her hand for a handshake. “Kim Yura.”

Man, someone is actually interested to talk to me. I like this school already. Chanyeol gladly took her hand. “You have the same name as my sister.”

“That’s good to know. So, would you like a tour around the school at lunch?”

Out of unfamiliar excitement, Chanyeol shifted in his seat, nudging his desk once again. “That would be grea—!”

A loud sound behind him caught his attention and it sounded like a pair of palms hitting the wooden surface so hard. “I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!”

Before he could even turn to the voice, his back was already against the hard floor a pretty yet mad boy was straddling him and a pair of hands were wrapped tightly around his neck. Distant screaming and gasps were heard and he just figured out that he was being choked to his next life.

He wasn’t sure what happened but he found himself wheezing at the lack of oxygen and the pretty boy named Baekhyun was out of sight. A handsome boy with a darker shade of skin tone helped him up.

“I’m sorry, dude. He’s just sensitive on some days and how unlucky for you to have it on your first day.” The said boy tapped his shoulder and left the room.

“My gosh, are you okay?” Yura asked, pushing him down to his seat.

His hands made its way to his neck and nodded. “I’m fine. What happened?” He asked, looking up to see a group of students gathered in front of him. They’re too interested in me!

“He just choked you! Who does he think he is?” Yura scoffed, crossing his arms on her chest. “Nobody wanted to sit next to him because he’s mad just like that. He hurts anybody without much reason.”

He just blinked, trying to register the words his classmate told him.

Behind Yura, another girl added information about the subject. “He’s a too. He sleeps with different guys. They said he sleeps over at someone’s house almost every weekend.”

“Did you see him do things?” He was surprised at his own question. Am I interested?

“No, but it’s so obvious he does inappropriate things.”

Chanyeol just shrugged, unaffected.

 

 

The rest of the day went well and Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun being quiet the whole time but only until lunch. He was having lunch at the cafeteria with Yura’s friends and for the first time, he felt so happy that he was actually having his meal with someone in a table unlike before where he eats alone at a corner with his manga alone.

The table at the corner of the cafeteria caught his attention because of the commotion and once again, it involved his seatmate. He watched Baekhyun yelling in his seat while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter